Sold My Mr2

AznTigerx78

The lip is the xenon lip. The factory lip wasn't much of a lip at all.

I guess the type-x wing does look odd sometimes, but I think it looks good at certain angles. I don't know, I was never much of a fan on wingless fastbacks, and I wanted to get rid of the factory foam wing since I read that it causes a lot of rust to build up on the trunk between it. The lower black part of the tails I know looks weird too, the previous owner left it flat black, but I have paint coming in the mail so I'll spray it to match the rest of the car.

My MR2 was pretty high mileage. I had oil leaks that just did not want to go away even after replacing gaskets and things. It was barely passing smog too on stock equipment, so I figured it would be smart to ditch it before I started to have major problems with it. It still ran great and fun to drive, I would have loved to keep it as a weekend car or something, but I need a car for a daily driver, and the low cargo space was starting to get annoying too.

Guest HKS457

nice buy, but what hating on MR2s =[

i love the feeling of a mid-engine car, nothing else can compare

:edit: i guess after u consider the trunk space and all that etc... but still u can get another mr2 :lol:

congratz on the buy. any plans for it yet?

I don't really have much else planned for it. Most likely just going to add some fog lights and get the hicas stopper. The previous owner did a huge amount of work on it, so all the suspension is already done for me. Actually when I have the money, I'll look into upgrading the brakes and possible 5-lug conversion, but as for now, I'm saving for a bike.

get koguchi power over fenders, type x bumper, and paint it black ;P

no but seriously, do it

haha, if the paint wasn't in such great condition still, and the type x bumper was easy to find, I'd definitely do that and paint it black.

nice buy, but what hating on MR2s =[

i love the feeling of a mid-engine car, nothing else can compare

:edit: i guess after u consider the trunk space and all that etc... but still u can get another mr2 :lol:

I wasn't hating on MR2s, just the one I had..haha. I agree though, the feel of a mid-engine car is great, I definitely like the way it handles and I would get one purely as a car driven for fun, but as a car that's 80% daily driven at the moment, I just need something a little bigger.

Guest v8subie

MR2 aka Poor Man's Ferrari. Good deal on that clean 240sx, even though I am not feeling the mis-matched colors of the body and hatch center piece.

wow, very clean. I wish I lived in the States. It's so hard to find a 240 in canada that's not rusted out.

I know what you mean. The S14 i used to have came from canada and the underbody had so much rust.

Congratulations, makes me want to get one. Ultra low miles, how much you pay for it?

I paid about $5K for it. I thought it was a pretty good deal considering the mileage, the condition, and all the work the previous owner did to it.

MR2 aka Poor Man's Ferrari. Good deal on that clean 240sx, even though I am not feeling the mis-matched colors of the body and hatch center piece.

I got paint on the way, so the pieces around the tails will match the car. I decided to just leave the wing and lip black mainly because the color of the car is not readily available at places like pep boys or kragen, so it costs me about $30 just for a can of it. Since the side mirrors and the trim around the windows are black too, I figured I tried to go with a two-tone look.

Guest jaesun

no way! wasnt your mr2 n/a though? well, i hope you find your way to another mr2 in the future. nice 240 by the way.

Archived