Sony PSP Thread

Guest Dah_jOkA

i think with Socom/Lumines alone you'd be pretty happy with a psp considering that all the memory left can be used for music or movies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chyea dann

can somebody explain what the "firmware 1.5" means and "downgrading"?

does the psp come with firmware 1.5 or do u download? cuz if u just use the emulator, wow that saves alot of money on games :P

^ Firmware 1.5 is the one that allows emulators to be played. I believe all import PSPs have the 1.5 firmware but in the US its 2.0 and i dont think you can downgrade :-(

Guest asianfear

I own a psp and i didnt really enjoy it the first time because of the small memory capacity but since i got myself a Sony 1 gig HS Duo Pro.. i had been watching movies, playing UMD games thru fast loader and listening to over 50 mp3 music on it all day. If ur usually out of your house everyday and at work.. then PSP is good choice. If ur at home most of the time.. then the PSP might be quite useless to you since u have a PC.

Guest bLufurBaLL

I can't wait for Winning Eleven!!! ^_^

I would've imported it .. but I thought it would be a waste of an Xmas present ..

I like my PSP.. but I hate the games.. I bought 11 .. and sold 9 .. <_<

Guest suicidal_glamour

i got a PSP, i have to share it with my brother. i don't really mind. All he does on it is play GTA:LCS and listen to music.

I seldom play the games, but i use it to listen to music & watch video clips. We got ours imported from Hong Kong and the 32mb memory, but then a week later we decided to get the 1Gb memory.

so far it's doing pretty good. We have only 2 games. I think buying those UMD movies are a rip off. they are $20~$30 each and we will probably only watch them a few times...

What games does everybody have or own?

I only have 4 that i enjoy

Ridge Racer

Socom: Fire team Bravo

Virtua Tennis ( haha the best one! )

Lumines

although i don't play with my psp as much as when i first bought it, i still like my psp.. :) everything's good except for the sounds.. :/ it's pretty bad.

anyways, i still love my psp.. :P

Guest Drunkken

I own a psp and i didnt really enjoy it the first time because of the small memory capacity but since i got myself a Sony 1 gig HS Duo Pro.. i had been watching movies, playing UMD games thru fast loader and listening to over 50 mp3 music on it all day. If ur usually out of your house everyday and at work.. then PSP is good choice. If ur at home most of the time.. then the PSP might be quite useless to you since u have a PC.

whats fast loader?

Guest hillz3388

i WANT a WHITE PSP!! T^T

well..me brother have the black one..i just play on it..and im really enjoying the Ridgr Racer one! ghaha...!! am getitng good @ it....wlel i like to think tht i am!

and BLEACH!! both of them! quite fun..! lolz...

Guest Dah_jOkA

nebody no ne good games comin out for the PSP soon? Square Enix is releasing Crisis Core sumtime next month, it takes place before FF7, hopefully it'll be a good rpg for tha PSP.

im plannin on gettin tha new initial D game comin out for tha psp next month (Initial D: Street Stage) looks like a pretti koo drifting game.

Guest Dah_jOkA

^2GB huh? lucky bastard, onli managed to get me a 1GB, but im saving for that new 8GB memory stick thats supposed to come out soon.

BLEACH is an AWESOME anime, wut episode r u on? Ape Escape is an ok game, i got bored of it after a while

Guest IMAJynXed1

can somebody explain what the "firmware 1.5" means and "downgrading"?

does the psp come with firmware 1.5 or do u download? cuz if u just use the emulator, wow that saves alot of money on games :P

^ Firmware 1.5 is the one that allows emulators to be played. I believe all import PSPs have the 1.5 firmware but in the US its 2.0 and i dont think you can downgrade :-(

whats fast loader?

Firmware 1.5 came out with the first batch of US PSP, the later batches had the upgrades of 2.0 to 2.6. its basically sets limits to what the psp can do and with each firmware upgrade it allows the psp to do more and more things...

and yes you can downgrade...i just did it this morning...downgraded from 2.0 back to 1.5. certain games require that you upgrade them to play (like GTA)...but since ive played enough of GTA on my psp for awhile now i decided to downgrade it back to use the homebrew stuff...its any easy process, but i wouldnt recommend doing it alot becuz there is still the chance of bricking your psp...download MPHDowngrader if your looking to do so.

Fastloader...its basically a PSP "mod chip"...it allows you to DL most PSP games as .ISO, stick them onto your memory card and play it right off of it...

BTW all PSP firmwares have been hacked to play homebrew...with 1.5 being able to do all of them and 2.0-2.6 being able to do most of them...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest TrainDriver

i got 7 games atm

lumines

ridge racer

gta

popolocrois

bleach heat the soul 2

legend of heroes

tokobot

soon to own initial d and naruto.

Guest johnny11358

o man i have a PSP to but then i upgraded this a while back to 2.60 and i would like to know if i still could downgrade i didnt know any of this crap till now *sigh* -.-

Archived