Sony PSP Thread

Guest Dah_jOkA

o man i have a PSP to but then i upgraded this a while back to 2.60 and i would like to know if i still could downgrade i didnt know any of this crap till now *sigh* -.-

Haha, Don't worry johnny. There are so many other people out there in this world that did not find out about the homebrew communinty until after they had upgraded to 2.60. Firmware Version 2.60 is currently not downgradable so you're going to have to find/buy yourself a copy of Grand Theft auto: Liberty City if you want to get into homebrew.

I had a 1.50 virgin firmware but upgraded over to 2.00 and have been on there since then :P. Fanjita/Ditlew eloaders own my soul. I'd go back and downgrade to 1.50 and try the mph loaders for games that require 2.00+FW (Ie...Crash Bandicoot, PQ, DJMAX, etc), but then again...I'm not really in the mood of downgrading, 'mph'ing the system (to where I may possibly brick the sucker), and then test everything. I'm good at 2.00 using the PSPsetX with the 2.60 update in order to play games. It's a less of a hassle :P......and I think IMAJynXed1 is the only other person in this thread that can understand what I just said ahah.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest johnny11358

lol dont understad a thing u said but please PM me when downgrade is out PS im using the PSP in MC DON @.@

Guest IMAJynXed1

the new MPH Loader is fantastic...some games (2.0+) require a trick to get it to work on 1.5 but its all pretty much ripping the UMD (or extracting the ISO), replacing files and then rebuilt it again...there are a couple of games that are 2.0+ that works fine witht he MPHLoader v1.1 without having to modify the files...just load the UMD and start MPHL...so now i can play GTA without having to worry about upgrading/downgrading/bricking...NICE!

oh i saw this site on maxconsole.net's forum...

http://www.game-lite.com

it lists all the games that work or dont work with MPHL, Devhook, UMDEmu...and what you need to do if they do work...and you can add a game if youve tested it yourself and it isnt on the list...very cool.

Oh tight. That sites going on my favorites....I'm guessing though that all those games apply to ISO's or dumped ISO's at least.

Question though, what program do you use to replace the files? PRX and such. I already a few old 1.50 required games on my comp (Taiko no Tatsujin) so that's out of the way. The dumping I got down with fastloader already so that's no problem.... I'm a bit confused on the flash0/flash1 parts, though. Where would I get those files from? KD? That site you gave is intruiging me haah.

Guest IMAJynXed1

Oh tight. That sites going on my favorites....I'm guessing though that all those games apply to ISO's or dumped ISO's at least.

Question though, what program do you use to replace the files? PRX and such. I already a few old 1.50 required games on my comp (Taiko no Tatsujin) so that's out of the way. The dumping I got down with fastloader already so that's no problem.... I'm a bit confused on the flash0/flash1 parts, though. Where would I get those files from? KD? That site you gave is intruiging me haah.

yea alot of that deals with ISO but there are a few listing for 2.0+ UMDs on there also...

more info can be found on http://mphwebsite.tuxfamily.org/ (thats MPH's site), itll have all the tools youll need to do all that...but his directions are a bit confusing...especially the flash0/flash1 part...to get those files you need to DL his "MPH Firmware launcher"...install that into your PSP and then start it up...when you run the program itll have an option to "Install" (basically dump, not upgrade) the firmware onto your memory card...so choose FW 2.0 and let it do its thing, itll take a few minutes...once that is done open your PSP again in your comp...and in your top folder of your memory stick you will see some new files...flash0/flash1 folders will be there also (or inside another folder, i forget)...and then stick those folders into the "mphgameloader" that should be also on the top folder of the MS if you already have the mphloader installed...once you have those in there you can try an ISO (thru UMDEmu) or a 2.0+ UMD game by simply starting MPHLoader instead of selecting the UMD in the PSP...

any problems PM me...and ill try my best to help out...

Guest johnny11358

o yeah guys one more question how do you do the game sharing thing in your PSP i tried it with my friends and it doent work help a noob out please :D

Guest johnny11358

roflz i tried like millions of times how exactly do u do game sharing?do both PSP's have to go to game sharing at the same time or what? im confused :P

Guest SeEdFrEeDoM

i going to get a PSP soon after i save alot of money! =D but if i bought it which game should i buy it, "Burnout Legends", "DBZ: Shin Bukion", or "Street Fighter Alpha Max"

Guest SeEdFrEeDoM

^burnout is an awesome game~ i wana try the dbz game mm

the new dbz game look pretty good, but i think i going get burnout! =D

roflz i tried like millions of times how exactly do u do game sharing?do both PSP's have to go to game sharing at the same time or what? im confused :P

Sorry for not answering earlier. The game itself should have an option where it says "network" or "game sharing." On the main PSP, go choosse "game sharing." On the other PSP, go into the main home menu of the PSP and go under the game menu and choose game sharing (on top). Make sure both wifi's are on both PSP should detect each other and then just connect from there. Remember, if you can't connect, the game isn't a game share. The game MUST have a game sharing option in order to that. Only games like Taiko no Tatsujin, Namco Museum, Megaman Maverick Hunter X (for the Megaman Powered Up demo) have that option. I don't know of other's that can do the same...there are more though.

Guest ktown

i got

syphon filter

winning eleven

virtua tennis

nba live 06

lumines

burnout legends

i want to get metal slug and tekken

Guest johnny11358

Sorry for not answering earlier. The game itself should have an option where it says "network" or "game sharing." On the main PSP, go choosse "game sharing." On the other PSP, go into the main home menu of the PSP and go under the game menu and choose game sharing (on top). Make sure both wifi's are on both PSP should detect each other and then just connect from there. Remember, if you can't connect, the game isn't a game share. The game MUST have a game sharing option in order to that. Only games like Taiko no Tatsujin, Namco Museum, Megaman Maverick Hunter X (for the Megaman Powered Up demo) have that option. I don't know of other's that can do the same...there are more though.

ooo i see thanks sorry for slow response was playing to much DBZ *PSP* :D

Guest smr05

hi..

i juss recently got a psp..

i would love to play some homebrew games on mine which is 2.0 firmware and i have a 2gb memory stick but no usb cable..

juss a few questions..

1. where do i find free downloadable homebrew games?

2. how do i go about putting into my psp and yada yada?

thanks in advanced!!

Guest hanzo_cloud

my PSP for Sale !!! (Australia only)

psp 1000k (jap version)

Firmware: 1.5

has a 2200mAh to replace the stock 1800mAh battery for extended bat life.

2GB Sony Mem Stick (fastspeed)

Snes/nes emulators with 1500+ games

PC Games on it such as Doom1&2, Quake, DukeNukem3D, etc

over 90+ PSP games

and many extras including PDA-like software!!!!

Guest johnny11358

hi..

i juss recently got a psp..

i would love to play some homebrew games on mine which is 2.0 firmware and i have a 2gb memory stick but no usb cable..

juss a few questions..

1. where do i find free downloadable homebrew games?

2. how do i go about putting into my psp and yada yada?

thanks in advanced!!

well for your first question you can go here where my brother goes for his homebrew and all that crap :Dhttp://www.pspcrack.tk/ check around in the forums.

As for your second question you first get your USB connect it to your PSP and COMP after that you go to PSP setting then when you scroll up you will find USB somthing but you will know when you see it then after u click on it you will get some sort of pop up at your COMP then click X and go to MY COMPUTER then i think it was like D DRIVE or somthing but im not really sure about all this but tahts what i did then i put in the games and crap on my bro's PSP he bought one for 150$ brand new EBAY rofl :P

Guest ikrnxinhyungi

i watch my korean dramas and variety shows on PSP...

and i have the sims and the untold lengend of...something...(i forget what its called) for my games but i dont really play games on my PSP much. just movies and music.

mines all scratched up...gotta get a new skin

Guest epark1281

The PSP is working great for me, i'm trying to get PMP to work on mine so i don't have to convert all my video files. I got stuck with a 2.6 firmware version, so it's only homebrew for now. But in all honesty, i don't really mind cause i got it as a gift, so i paid nothing for it. I don't care about the music tho, i've got a 4 gb nano, and that's enough for me. But i did get a 2 gig card, so i'm sure i'll be watching a lot of movies on it.

Right now i've got GTA:LCS (rocks), and Ghost in the Shell, stand alone complex (which is a half decent shooter).

Bottom line, multi functional gamer with above average graphics.

Archived