♣ ♠ ♣ Foundation& Face Powder Thread. ♣ ♠ ♣

Guest momo panda

Guest Tofu_Cloud

Has anyone tried the following pressed powders?

SANA

Kanebo/KOSE

The face shop

SkinFood

Etude

Pressed powders???

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest c0lap1nada

I reallyyy need your help guys >-<" I like to use the lightest liquid foundation in whatever range I use, but the problem is that my face looks much whiter than my neck [which seems a bit yellow in comparison]since I don't wear foundation on the neck area because it gets on the clothes..

what do you guys do? Please help me.. I don't want my face and neck to look uneven in colour >-<"""

You really should get a color that matches you... instead of just getting the lightest shade available; people will just look at you as if you're a creeper.

@Rainbow-lotus: I'm not sure why you definitely have to have a Japanese or a Korean branded powder, but I'll assume you want to look pale or something... Go for Candy-doll or KissMe Heroine's pressed powder... They're not bad and they're really cheap.

Guest joxxy

I use Revlon Colorstay in 240 medium beige and top it with Benefit Get Even in 02.

It seems to work pretty well... hopefully that doesn't change when summer rolls around. >.<

Guest iloveairports

I'm using Makeup Forever's Mat Velvet + right now and am loving it. It's a fairly matte finish with medium to full coverage. It's a pretty darn good match for my skin tone and I'm just a slightly tanned Asian girl with yellow undertones. The coverage is great, and I'm someone who is looking for a lot of coverage. I have really oily skin, and though this isn't miraculous with oil control, it really does help. Another plus is that it stays on alllll day. I've even accidentally fallen asleep with it on and it's still on my face (and not my pillow) in the morning. The packaging's really simple and practical as well.

As for powder, I use MAC's Prep + Prime Finishing Powder, which is a very finely milled, loose powder that is pretty darn good at setting foundation and giving me a great looking finish.

Guest child2child

has anyone used revlon photo ready foundation? how is it compared to revlon colorstay liquid foundation?

I used photoready! I like it a lot. Compared to the colorstay it's a LOT less thick but the coverage is pretty similar, I would say that the photoready has slightly less coverage than the colorstay but it's buildable and the slight shimmers in there reflect the light off of your imperfections so personally I don't think you need to build that much. I have a more in depth review of it on my blog :)

Guest loveteajuice

i'm actually using my BB cream on a daily basis now. when i first bought it, i was a noob at makeup and wearing just felt wrong. i actually cringe at the thought of not having some kind of sun protection on my face (it can be sunscreen or even a foundation with SPF).

as for powder, i don't use it. my school bans makeup, so powder would really make it obvious. however, i do regret not buying the laneige sliding pact powder (i can't buy it in australia and it wasn't too bad in terms of price).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest vivian0304

I'm using Clinique number 2, it quite match my skin

I wanna try different foundation like Mac or Neutrogen, but i dont know what number that match my skin, anyone can help me with this?

I give up BB Cream because it hard to find the color match my skin

Guest pikasaki

What's a nice lightweight powder (preferably pressed)?

I'm using BB cream right now but since summer is coming up, I want to switch to powder since I have combination/oily skin in the hotter days and my BB cream doesn't have good oil control.

I love the Revon Photo Ready Foundation!

I used to use BB CREAM all the time, now I switched hahah.

BB Cream always felt so thick on my skin, but Revon doesn't at all.

There are even times, where I don't even wear concealer with it and my skin looks flawless.

Guest BoomBoomAfridi

has anyone used revlon photo ready foundation? how is it compared to revlon colorstay liquid foundation?

There's better colour options in Colorstay, but Photoready is very....how do I put this....flawless looking. Very pretty.

But if you have dry skin, don't get it cuz it's VERY matte {even tho it has glow...that's just the tiny shimmers in it}. With dry skin it will look way worse, all flaky and stuff. But if you moisturize well, have normal or oily skin, then i think you'll like it a lot. I love it!!!!

Both Colorstay & Photoready last a loooooooooooooong time...hours and hours....

It just comes down to choice..if u r still confused, take a look at this:

http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview....skintonetype=-2

AND

http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview....skintonetype=-2

so u can get a better idea

Guest Hemera

I reallyyy need your help guys >-<" I like to use the lightest liquid foundation in whatever range I use, but the problem is that my face looks much whiter than my neck [which seems a bit yellow in comparison]since I don't wear foundation on the neck area because it gets on the clothes..

what do you guys do? Please help me.. I don't want my face and neck to look uneven in colour >-<"""

why must you wear the lightest shade even though it doesn't match? people can tell it's not your natural skin color just by looking at the rest of your body :mellow:

but anyways..i agree with the other reply...if your face turns out to be noticeably lighter..but not like there's a stark contrast between your face and neck..use a bronzer on the places where the sun naturally hits...it also ends up looking more natural because bare skin tone is rarely completely uniform

Guest mukinsvivi

^Agreed Revoln PhotoReadyfoundation is horrendous with dry skin ._.!

I made the mistake of wearing it to school without testing it out at home ,

and my skin was flaky and ahhh >_< ! I really do think it'll work wonders for

combo/oily typed skins though :).

Guest joxxy

So I recently started Revlon Photoready Foundation, and I love it so far.

It's not as thick as Colorstay, and the glitter really isn't as bad as some people say.

Also, I think it has less coverage than Colorstay so it looks more natural.

It does accentuate dry spots/patches, so make sure you moisturize thoroughly prior to applying this.

i'm actually using my BB cream on a daily basis now. when i first bought it, i was a noob at makeup and wearing just felt wrong. i actually cringe at the thought of not having some kind of sun protection on my face (it can be sunscreen or even a foundation with SPF).

as for powder, i don't use it. my school bans makeup, so powder would really make it obvious. however, i do regret not buying the laneige sliding pact powder (i can't buy it in australia and it wasn't too bad in terms of price).

why can't you wear sunblock before applying bb cream since you cringe at the thought of not having some kind of sun protection on your face? :huh:

applying translucent powder (not tinted) helps to mattify your face if you need it. I can't survive w/o any powder due to my oily face.

I wore Revlon colourstay today after abandoning it for months, and I'm lovin' it once again! clinique superfit, ettusais LF and hanskin bb creams are :wub: Very interested in revlon photoready but i'm put off by what ppl say are shimmers in the LF. Not available in my country yet, so let's see if I'll purchase it (I don't think so, I HOPE NOT. I have enough LF/bb creams to last till I die :rolleyes: )

Guest chdairkld

i started out like five years ago with liquid foundation (revlon, but i forget which kind exactly) but i realized the color just wasn't matching and it also didn't give me the finish i wanted.

i then moved onto bare minerals. i bought the starter kit and chose 'medium'. It was a bit expensive for a high school student and even now as i'm in college, i'm still too broke. i adore their brushes that came with the kit, the kubuki was amazing but it was their concealor brush that realllly made me happy. however, the color was too pink toned and it didn't match. the coverage was light to medium, was really fast, it didnt make me look spectacular but certainly more smooth than if i didn't have make up on. i ended up giving up on this brand. (now i think they have more color choices? or at least have changed a lot since a few years ago so the colors/formula could be better?)

i then moved onto Everyday Minerals and have stuck with it since. again the color isn't perfect but certainly the closest i have gotten yet to matching with my color. the color selection is huge and they used to offer sample sizes for like $5. the price is also fairly cheap and it lasts me forever. their brushes are also good quality and long lasting. the cover is medium but if you really work at buffing it in, it could be almost full coverage. i have dry-ish cheeks but oily overall face. i am also prone to break outs but not due to Everyday Minerals but just instead, my body hates me so i'll break out randomly. I am not satisfied with how EM covers break outs but to me, its the same with all make up, i hate putting make up on when i'm breaking out. I would reccomend EM because its very fast, affordable, gives a clean finish, not too matte and isn't heavy looking.

I have recently purchsed revlon color stay in #180 sand beige. the color is a bit yellow but yet when i blend it in, it matches me. I don't like using it all over my face, only in areas where it is very uneven or i have dark spots from acne scarring. I tried using it as full face foundation and I can't get used to the feeling of it. It's not so much that it feels like a mask but I can feel it there. The look is more dewey than EM but still on the matte side. It has great staying power and is full coverage. But perhaps I just haven't learned how to blend it in enough yet to make it look less noticable that I'm wearing foundation. I know it'll always look like i'm wearing make up if i am wearing make up but there are variable degrees of how noticable it is. If liquid foundation is what you like, I'd give this a try.

for those of you who use revlon color stay/liquid foundation, what translucent powder do you reccomend (not too expensive)? I feel like I have to use setting powder because it is liquid and I get oily so yeah. thanks!

I use Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder and I LOVE it.

It's such a great powder for those who have decent complexions with just a bit of redness to cover up because it's not too heavy. You can just pat on a light layer with a sponge and it gives you a nice, natural matte face. But, see, it's also great for those who need a little more coverage cause it's definitely layerable. Just grab a little more with the sponge and pat it on your face a few times. It still looks really natural and not cakey at all. I loveee it.

(Though if you need really heavy coverage, I wouldn't recommend using just this, but a concealer/foundation and a light layer of this powder on top to set it and make it matte.)

Btw, it's also great for all skin types, because it's oil-free. I personally have really dry skin, but with a decent cream (doesn't have to be expensive- I use Pond's dry skin cream) beneath it, I'm good to go. I'd actually really recommend putting on some sort of cream/moisturizer before the powder because it goes on a lot more smoothly. :)

It is a bit pricey though- ~$30. But it's super worth it to me, cause one compact lasts you FOREVER.

Guest cookie&cream<3

I've always use Revlon Color Stay , and I love it (:

But lately I tried Make Up Forever HD foundation . It's quite the same

as Revlon Color Stay, but HD foundation is kind of better,

cause it makes your skin look really flawless and it covers very well.

Archived