When People Are Racist...

Guest kawaiimagic

Guest bgirlxstylistic

if i was in your shoes.

i'd be pretty angry too, you should of just dine n dashed.

haha, but i don't blame you or your friends from getting mad like that.

i would've just glared back at them, & probably never come back.

... or just go back & egg their windows. :) ahaha

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mz_imperfect

Unfortunately, this type of behavior isn't illegal but it does show the shallow and narrow-minded people that are still left in this country. And in CA of all places? I'm surprised.

I'm sorry to hear about this and I sympathize with you as an Asian American myself. How disrespectful and pathetic to still see people living in such a manner. It's disgusting and immature. But honestly, if they were disgusted, you should have stayed there and showed them how people should behave and act, but I can see why the you wanted to get the hell out of there. No one should take that kind of service and I wouldn't be surprised to see them go out of business soon.

But I'm not sure if there's anything you can do. By posting it on here already, you are taking tons of potential customers away from their restaurant. Feel better that at least you are able to do that much.

Guest Flicksityy

I tend to look for their flaws physically that may or may not resemble the 'racist' remark. If it doesn't, I just tell them to make themselves feel ugly, which of course, would not involve me being hypocritical.

I tend to be a very mean, arrogant person when it comes to cracking.

Guest mindout

well racism has been on and on, i've already got used to it, just dislike how mexicans criticizes asian when they too, are from another country and barely knows english.

Guest SHINEjaejoong

I chicken out honestly. I dont want to stir some problems for myself. But here, I dont get insulted by my race.

My friend who comes from Congo gets like "insulted" about her race. I really wanna help her out but I dont know what to do. Luckily she knows how to stand up for herself. Later we just talk sh!t about them behind their backs. Seems like its the only thing I can do! :)

Guest jesster.

i ignore them unless they're saying it right in my face...

... then i would probably punch them argue with them or something.

Guest Aasya

I always thought if someone was racist I'd totally flip out on them.

But yeah a couple years ago friend and I were at the library, to take a test, and this guy approached us. And he was all like speaking loudly to us like about all this crap about Iran, taxis, and women getting killed for riding taxis. And saying like we're opressed and went on rambling about Arabs. WTH. I know. And I totally clammed up and didn't say anything, and got all red and felt like I wanted to cry. Then my test instructor came and told him to go away.

So yeah. I know worse that has happened to others, but I was young so it has stuck to me. lol

Guest polka_dotts

I tell my older sister. LOL. She's more outspoken and educated and knows the correct way to approach someone and make them look like a damn fool when it comes to this race business. : D

Guest worldpeace82

hm... laugh it off and make it a joke so that they look foolish in the end. just be chill and don't waste time being angry about narrow minded people. you've got better things to do in life. :)

Guest chopstick^^

y b upset over low educated people?who still thinks all asian's are chinese. Just feel sorry for them for knowin so little.

Guest bbaumgul

This is totally what I'd do:

racist: "racist remark"

Then most of the times they just walk away

I: "Excuse me? No don't run away, come back here."

Really loud

"Can you repeat that louder?"

Make a scene so everyone hears

If he/she repeats it, depending on if I'm in a good mood, I would either go

"Okay, just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me imagining you being a d***head." in a very innocent way x)

or if I was really angry at the time, I'd punch his/her face before they finish off what they were

originally going to say. "I'm sorry could you say that again?" HAHA.

Yes.

I react to racism with extreme actions.

Guest Painterlyy

I try my best to ignore them. But if it's an insult especially pointed towards me, my family, or my friends, then it gets personal. :angry:

Guest LoveJiyong

i don't usually say anything mean back

but i'll pretend it's a compliment & say stuff that doesn't even go w/ what they just said like

"why thank you. i wasn't aware of my attractiveness." Or "is that a compliment? thank you so much."

"it takes one to know one" etc.

But one that i hate the most is when others say "you freaken richard simmons go back to your country."

I always like telling them & smiling "I AM in my country. I'm a US citizen."

Or if they call me "Yellow skinned or w/e" i always tell them "hey! that's my favorite color. Or just because i'm smart doesn't make me that BRIGHT." LoL :P

Guest yooboo710

Well, let's just face the reality that all of us are different in many ways...

One thing is acceptable in the eye of his/her same race, country or continent which is not acceptable

to the eye of the other race...

I don't wanna waste my precious time with them... coz I am what I am... :lol:

Archived