[drama 2008] You Are My Destiny 너는 내 운명

Guest Soy

Guest kawaiiyuki2

If the writers are really going to use the fact that mj is sick. they might have her get a brain tumor and it will explain why she's so obessed with hs. (shrug) that's the only thing i can think of to explain her her crazy attitude.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well, Like most of you I am disappointed with this drama. But my disappointment with EOE is even more. I guess its because I never like the actress who plays Grace...she can't speak straight English, why would they put her in a role to be wife of half caucasian half Korean.. I thought LDH is the lead female star, Lee brothers will fight for her, but I just read on EOE thread that she is quitting.

YAMD got screwed up by the writers...I guess this is not the first drama that I will be disappointed with. I think I am better off watching old dramas instead of following dramas that are currently airing.

Yes, this drama is frustrating. I don't understand the hold MJ has over HS, surely he can't still be feeling guilt over her diffucult pregnancy. I've been catching up on some old and new dramas. I highly recommend the World Within, it's only 16 episodes and the first two are slow going, but needed to understand the interactions between the characters.

EDIT

"The Road Home" begins on January 12, 2009

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...0#entry11970737

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I needed to see some good news on this site today :)

YAMD 164 [Ental rip. skyeler's source]

YouTube: ------

VEOH HQ: -----

YAMD 165 Preview [full-screen viewable]

YouTube: ------

VEOH: ----------

NOTE: First available YAMD full-screen previews are usually on
l00bia's YouTube Channel

[Text]

Original text:

165회 :: 2008년 12월 23일 화...

태영은 상기에게 마지막으로 윤희와 소영에게 인사를 할 자리를 만들어 주고, 상기는 두 모녀에게 사죄하며 떠날 준비를 한다. 연실은 복동이를 위탁 맡아 잘 해주려 하지만 복동이는 대구만 따르며 연실에겐 냉랭하다. 미옥은 민정이 위독하다는 사실을 숨긴 채, 갈등하며 호세와 새벽을 데리고 비행기에 오르는데......

Translation: Korean (automatically detected) » English

165 times: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 ...

Tae-Young to the above have to say goodbye to the last soyoung yunhui and make room, and apologized to the above, and the two mother-daughter will be ready to leave. Take the consignment to bokdong haejuryeo yeonsil well, but the cold bokdong This is a yeonsil daeguman follow. Hide the fact that he's in critical condition miok with the people, conflict, and to make it on the plane to take Jose and the morning ......

YAMD streaming for all episodes,

including E-Subbed episodes 001-114 from SoShi-Subs for viewing and HQ download,

including Chinese-Subbed episodes 001-current from TuDou.

SoShified 001-114: ---
[Official SoShi-Subs Streaming Site]

VEOH 001-114: -------
[E-Subbed SoShi-Subs version]

VEOH 115-130: -------
[E-Subbed KBS-World version]

VEOH 115-164: --------
[RAW]

YouTube 075-163: ----
[RAW with English translation transcripts]

MySoju 001-128: -----
[E-Subbed SoShi-Subs & KBS-World versions]

TuDou 001-161: ------
[Chinese-Subbed]

YouKu 001-163: ------
[RAW]

Yes, this drama is frustrating. I don't understand the hold MJ has over HS, surely he can't still be feeling guilt over her diffucult pregnancy. I've been catching up on some old and new dramas. I highly recommend the World Within, it's only 16 episodes and the first two are slow going, but needed to understand the interactions between the characters.

Looks like you and Polaris both love "Worlds Within".

I would also like to recommend "Star's Lover". It has low ratings, but is an excellent drama, and very enjoyable.

The writing is very good. The production is meticulous and excellent. The feel of the drama is that of fantasy movie, yet it is a fine modern day romance... with understated humor. I love Choi Ji-Woo in this drama as Lee Mari. Of course, Venusians like you would be more taken with Yoo Ji Tae as Kim Chul-Soo.

I also enjoy "Terroir".

Guest lantawmako

I would also like to recommend "Star's Lover". It has low ratings, but is an excellent drama, and very enjoyable.

The writing is very good. The production is meticulous and excellent. The feel of the drama is that of fantasy movie, yet it

is a fine modern day romance... with understated humor. I love Choi Ji-Woo in this drama as Lee Mari. Of course, Venusians like you would be more taken with Yoo Ji Tae as Kim Chul-Soo.

I also enjoy "Terroir".

QUOTE (beamonkr @ Dec 22 2008, 01:06 PM)

Thanks for the recommendations. I've got 2 weeks off and between taking a breather with the Christmas shopping and being a chaufer to my daughter I need a doze of kdrama. I like LDH thats why I am disappointed with EOE.

Guest caragon

I also recommend World Within. I like the plotline...interesting. Also, the 2 leads look good together.

EDIT

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I needed to see some good news on this site today :)

Guest bowbiter

If the writers are really going to use the fact that mj is sick. they might have her get a brain tumor and it will explain why she's so obessed with hs. (shrug) that's the only thing i can think of to explain her her crazy attitude.

oh that would be great! i have to admit the only reason i keep watching the show is because it is SO ridiculous i want to see if there is any sanity left in it at all. at this point in the drama i'd actually prefer it not be a happy ending and let MJ get what she deserves. (HS too cause he's just a wuss) i'm feeling mean right now...

Guest sweetheart0085

Adding to this...it seems everyone forgot to post the preview translations so i'm posting it now^^

[Credit to Philzeta@Youtube]

YH to SK: Why do you always live like this? Can't you live a little better?

SY to SK: You bastard. I tried so hard to let go of you till my heart bled.

SK: I've been punished. That's why I live like this.

(DG and YS adopts the boy^^)

YS to Boy: Welcome home dear. (The boy sneaks into SUB's bed to sleep)

Mi-Ok to self: I have to tell her. How am I gonna hide my illness from her?

YH to SK: Don't get sick. (SK is boarding a bus[?] to leave)

SK: I love you my daughter.

SUB to Boy: (after seeing the boy on her bed) Who are you? What're you doing here? Mom

Mi-Ok to self: No. Just hold it. If I do, I can go to the States with my daughter.

Adding to this...it seems everyone forgot to post the preview translations so i'm posting it now^^

[Credit to Philzeta@Youtube]

(DG and YS adopts the boy^^)

YS to Boy: Welcome home dear. (The boy sneaks into SUB's bed to sleep)

YH to SK: Don't get sick. (SK is boarding a bus[?] to leave)

SK: I love you my daughter.

SUB to Boy: (after seeing the boy on her bed) Who are you? What're you doing here? Mom

I'm actually quite proud of YS for being willing to adopt a child, if anything else this shows that there has been some growth on her part.

As far as SK getting on a bus is concerned, I've been waiting for that slow bus for quite some time now. At least that storyline finally is over.

hmm. I bet MJ will have some kind of tumor that is pressing against her brain and making her crazy and once it's removed she will feel bad for being so crazy and then everyone will forgive her.

SBs mom will die or be close to it and SB will finally forgive her and MJ will be nice to her and everyone will love each other and we will all be happy that this incredibly mediocre drama that we've all been sucked into and invested too much time into is finally over.

Guest sweetheart0085

TRANSLATIONS FOR EPISODE 152 [FULL]

Translations [Credit to 46527eu4] EP 152

SB: I absolutely will not accept you as my mother, we don't have any mother daughter relationships nor find any similarities between us, take a DNA test first.

MO: Are you serious? You really want to take a DNA test?

SB: Yes. Honestly speaking, what proof do you have for me to believe you? First you said, my mom lost me, then turn out to be abandoned, later, you are the friend, now is the bio-mom. All you have is a photo, no proof to substantiate your words.

MO: If the DNA test establishes the evidence that you are my daughter, would you accept me as your mom?

SB: Then, I'll reconsider. Anyway, tomorrow we'll go and have it done. If you don't show up, I will take this as a plain lie.

DJ: Yea, really a lot of orders. ..I know, I'm on my way.(MO comes in the courtyard) What happened?

Are you sick?

MO: Oppa, our SJ wants to do a DNA test, she refuses to accept me and requests proof. How could she do that to her mom, right? (In her room) What am I going to do? If I don't go, SB would not believe me, if I go, then it would show....(makes a call) Yes, hospital? I have question about DNA testing. Yes, how accurate is it? What other tests are required to complete the DNA requirements?

MJ: So, this is artist CMO's information. Married to a prominent Chinese American, owner of multi investment firm, in a short time becomes a US talented painter-artist, "new version of Cinderella story "surprises the art society.

Secretary Kim: Yes, her most famous pieces are "Series of young female adolescences"

MJ: She has two sons, same husband's sons?

Kim: Yes

MJ: If she remarried, any children from the ex-husband?

Kim: That, I don't know.

MJ: Investigate some more, get a tally of where she's been in Korea, additional children information, if this is her second marriage, was she a divorcee of widow?

Kim: Yes.

MJ: Alright, looks like the 2nd husband is a mega rich tycoon, that is why she so domineering. But, even as a friend with SB's mom, friends are friends only, why she doesn't stay with her relatives, why must she stay with SB's family. I absolutely don't like this person....well, you don't say....no....SB's bio-mom is dead.....

SK: This is driving me crazy. The one place I hate most is the police station. Regardless of what happens she's my only daughter, if I just blame it on her...

Cop: Ms. the damages can be settled with money, but these camera equipments....why did you take pictures in that hotel? Illegal filming?

YH: No, I don't know these things, this is not even my camera.

Cop: Fine, tell me who owns this camera?

YH: I don't know the owner, I don't know him.

SK: Miss, the owner of the camera is me. I'm the father of this beautiful lady, this camera belongs to me, it's mine. I was just showing my daughter how to use the camera.

Cop: If that is the case, what about the hotel?

SK: That...that

SY: How can....our YH in this kind of place? Do you think she got framed by some bad people?

TY: Don't worry, let's go in and see what happened first.

SK: We were trying to focus with the long lense and use the nearest building point as objects.

TY and SY: YH (SY sees SK)

SY: What's happening? You, you.

COP: Who are you?

TY: Yes, I'm the father of this young lady. What happened? Why our YH is here in the police station?

COP: Father? Miss, what's going on? This, here is your father, that, there is also your father, you have two fathers?

SK: SY, sorry, I'm wrong, I will never do this again.

SY: What? You asked her to deliver a long lense to the hotel for you, are you human? Stupid, ask a daughter to do that, and claim yourself as a father?

SK: I only asked her to deliver, how would I know it ended up like this. SY, I must be crazy. Yes, I was crazy, crazy..

SY: You show up 20 years later, and film obscene photos to blackmail people. You allow your daughter to witness you are a criminal. You hooligan!

SK: Yes SY, I'm a bad person, sorry, sorry.

SY: Get out, now, out. Don't be a leech and stick on us anymore, move out right away.

YH: Mom, don't say any more.][sY: What?][YH: Did he say he was sorry? This is finished, what else do you want him to do? Don't scold him anymore. I delivered it on my way, this is no big deal.

SY: What happened? You are siding with him.

YH: What does siding mean? Honestly, when I was caught, he didn't have to go to the police and confessed, my father was there to rescue me, isn't that enough?

SY: What, fath.. father?

SK: YH, you call me father. SY, do you hear? TY do you hear?

SY: YH, you...how can you? When you took the exams TY waited outside the university under severe cold weather for a whole full day, how can you? How can you? You bad girl, how can you treat TY like this?

SK: Wait, YH is not wrong, calling her dad father, is it wrong?

SY: You get out. (YH goes back to her room) Bad girl, you come back here.

TY: SY, don't do this, I'm ok, don't scold YH

SY: TY, I'm sorry. sorry, TY

TY: It's ok, nothing, ok..

Mr Park, the executive from the construction company is interested in kitchen appliances and furniture’s with CMO's artistical designs in them and thinks that will provide an exclusive class to the industry. He suggests CB to consider the idea. CB invites Mr. park to have dinner at home and Park would like MO there too.

MJ to self: He's not attentive to me anymore, don't even bother to look at me.

CB: Tonight I'm inviting guests over for dinner.

MJ: Why do you invite people home?

CB: I would like to have dinner with the Aqua construction owners, it's better to invite them home than eating outside. If the dinner goes well, they may place a Hugh order for our furniture’s and appliances for their apartments. You need to put extra effort to this.

MJ: Alright!][CB: One more thing, the director wishes artist C to join us, after all she introduces him to us.][MJ: What? What you say? Let that woman into our house?]

CB: Honey, you are really out of line, why you address "THAT WOMAN", she's an artist, offers her hands to help Lohas out of her kindness. I don't need to say anymore, do a good job tonight.

MJ: Honey, honey. (CB leaves the room) He wouldn't listen to what I say anymore, notice alot of changes in him.] [sB: I'm back][MJ: Look at how you dress.][sB: What?]

MJ: I'm an open minded elder, deep down in my heart, I don't want to interfere with your independent personality, but your hairstyle and clothing’s do not coincide with Lohas madam prestigious class and extravagant lifestyle.

SB: Lately I've to work outside in the field and need to wear some heavier warmer clothes. In terms of my hair style, HS likes my hair this way.

MJ: I don't care if you have 100 excuses, your most important number one responsibility is be the Lohas lady and maintain styles with taste. Starting tomorrow, wear the clothes that Ms. Lee brought over.][sB Yes][MJ: Ohh, look at that cheap coat, messy flying hair, gezz, gezz..

YSK: Wonder how SB is, when she left in that condition, how come she doesn't call ?

DJ: Are you worried about SB?][YSK: Yes, she must be sad.][DJ: SB suggests DNA testing with MO.]YSK: Really.][DJ: She doesn't trust MO that's why she's cruel to her.][YSK: Maybe that's why MO didn't have dinner tonight. She probably is anxious and worry too][DJ: Let's wait and see]

HS: SB, you change your look, but we're doing a survey on the street, can you manage with so little clothes on?][sB: Yes, that's ok][MJ: Yea, that's the least you can wear with a little fashion, you dressed like a country worker before.][HS: What's wrong with that, I think that look is lovely, suits her.]

MJ: You guys are copied cats, where do you put your eyes?][CB: Let's go to work.]

(Grabs SB's arm)MJ: You come back early, there are guests coming for dinner tonight.][sB: Mom, we're having a designer brain-storm meeting for next season.][MJ: Are you the only designer in Lohas? Don't talk back to your MIL][sB: Yes.]

MO:SB requests her bio-mom to provide proof].(Phone rings) [sB: Hello, I'm KSB][MO: Yes, SJ][sB: No, I'm KSB, not SJ, I've to postpone the DNA testing today, I apologize.][MO: Yes.][sB: What about tomorrow?][MO: Tomorrow I have..... all right, tomorrow then.][sB: See you tomorrow.]

(phone rings) [MO: Yes, director, I'm fine, what! Dinner with Aqua's director tonight! At your home! Yes, It's my honor.]

YS adamantly refused to sign the deed over to GM. GM shows up in the apartment and urges YS to go to the recording office. When the deed is signed and stamped, YS takes the deed from GM's hand. YS: Mom, no way, absolutely can't give you the property, sorry.](She begins to run away from the office.)

YS comes back to the apartment, shouts to celebrate she finally gets the deed back. GM comes in after her and is angry.

GM: You are a bad SIL, promised to sign over the deed to MIL and stole from my hand, give it back.

YS: Mom, sorry, I can't give you this deed, I was out of my mind and confused to give away a car, money and a house deed. Now I come back to my senses, I'm not a bank, can't give money away and finally end up with nothing.

When they are struggling for the deed, DJ comes out and breaks the news to GM that YS is pregnant. After hearing the news, GM is so happy and forgets about the deed.

SUB and SB stand on the street doing a survey on a cold windy day, with little clothes on SB is freezing and starts to cough. SUB: Why do you wear so thin?][sB: MIL asked me to wear like this, that's not much I can do.][sUB: No, you'll get a cold, there is a store nearby, go and buy something warm and comfortable first, hurry.] (Back in the office) SB: After we put everything back, I'll go change and go home.][sUB: Not easy to be a Lohas DIL, so much efforts to keep up with fashion, speech, conducts..etc][sB: It's me, with my limited knowledge is hard to meet up with MIL's standard. (MJ walks from the other side of the hall and see SB and SUB) SUB: Madam.][MJ: Yes, SUB, (to SB) your clothes?][sB: Mom, this coat..it was very cold outside][MJ: I was planning to take you shopping for some winter clothes and jackets after work, SUB, can she leave now?][sUB: Yes, see you next time.][MJ: You evil thing, are you going to apologize again? How come everything ends up this way?](SUB walks in HS's office)[HS: How did the survey go?][sUB: Yes, we'll gather all data and info and submit you a report tomorrow, but, SB......it's my fault that she's scolded by your mom.] HS: What?][sUB: She was too cold wearing the clothes you mom insisted on her when we were doing the survey on the street and I told her to buy something warm. Your mom saw that coat earlier.]

HS: Alright, I know, I'll take care of it. Thank you for telling me.]

MJ: How come you wouldn't listen to what I say, not even once. You don't show any fear for the elders. Is this the way your family teaches you? Do everything according to your stupid stubbornness

SB: Sorry!](Cough)][MJ: You purposely let me hear you cough?

SB: No, mom, I won't do this next time, forgive me just this once. Heard that Aqua construction Mr. and Mrs. Park are our guests tonight, shall I get started, do we have a menu ready?

MJ: I'm not thru scolding you, aren't you afraid of me at all? Go take some medication and start dinner. Don't show any sign to Mr & Mrs. Park that you're sick, smile and show them a happy face. Heard that they like fish, cook that!][sB: Yes}{MJ: Also, clean up all the fallen leaves in the yard, wash all the comforters]

MJ: My goodness, this is hard work taking in a broom-like kid into the family as SIL, worn me out. No, I've better take some medication and rest before the Aqua couples arrive.

SB: Steam fish, I've never cooked this before. I'd better ask mom.

YSK: SB, how are you, is everything ok?

SB: Can you teach me how to steam fish?

YSK: Why do you want to steam fish?

SB: There are guests coming tonight, I've gotten the fish but don't know how to cook them.

YSK: Put them back in the refrigerator, I'm cooking the fish for the food shop, I'll drop them off to you on my way home. Yes, fine, see you later!

SB: Mom, so good to have you rescue me.

YSK: All you need is to heat this up and don't forget to put some decors to make it nice.

SB: Thank you, mom. Don't know what I'd do without you!

YSK: It's cold, go inside.][sB: Yes, be careful mom.]

YSK: (Big sigh) She's getting thinner and thinner. Well, she insisted to get married; who are you going to blame when you're tired. Her bio-mom is another heart-breaking item!

SB: Oh, my feet are so cold, there are more comforters and blankets soaked in the tub. no, can't go on like this, my feet would end up with frost-bites.

SY: Yea, I lied to TY's family someone stole YH's bag.

HR: I thought after you married, you would have a comfortable life and yet you still have so much to worry about your child.

SY: Mom, I worry and feel uncomfortable that YH is defending and taking the side of that jerk.(DJ and TP come back) Yes, I'll call you another time.

GM follows behind and breaks the news to everyone that YS is pregnant. Everyone is happy and congratulate her. SY: If she's pregnant, what about me?

CB and MJ greet the guests coming to dinner.

MJ: Hello!

MO: Thank you for the invitation.

CB: Since Artist C returned to Korean and going to have a art-show, I'll spend some time learning and gain some knowledge about your art and wrap myself in the art world.

MO talking to self: Oh, why my daughter's so skinny, goodness sake, with all the quests for dinner, don't hire a maid to help and make my SJ to do all the work.

MJ: Don't have much prepared, if we've found out earlier we could prepare more of your favorite dishes.

Mr. Park: No, the dishes are delicious, I'm very full.

MJ: Please have some tea.

MO: Daughter in law, join us for some tea. Sorry, we make you work so hard for us.

SB: No, It's ok

MJ: Our DIL is a bit bashful and shy. SB, go, take a rest.

SB: Yes, mom

MO: Today, I need to be patient and control myself, for my daughter's sake, bear it for now.

HS: SB][sB:HS][HS: What are you doing here? So cold at night.][sB: I'm almost done.][HS: mom asks you to wash these... follow me.][sB: HS, wait just a minute.]

HS: Mom, you are way out of line, this is cold winter time, how could you ask SB wash all those comforters outside

MJ: Wash what comforters?

SB: HS, don't say anymore!

HS: Although you're not satisfied with your SIL, how could you torture her? You are too much.

MJ: You.. is you....

End^.^

available in CB

:lol:

http://clubbox.co.kr/shewshewbox

Thanks a bunch, tam! :D

[HQ] You Are My Destiny Ep 163.avi [359.8 MB]

Visit Cashewmania blog for direct CB links

Quite honestly, I think Saebyuk and Hoseh aren't meant to be with each other. Their "destiny" is a lie. Seriously. They have no chemistry! ><;; And Hoseh is a puny little mommy's boy. Saebyuk is in her i-have-to-be-accepted-by-my-husband's-mom mode. -.- It's so annoying.

Quite honestly, even IF saebyuk saves MJ's life, I doubt MJ will "accept" her. Remember that one episode where she kinda saves MJ from the working man w/ the grudge? She wasn't grateful for SB being there for her. SO! If saebyuk DOES save MJ's life--and MJ accepts her--The writers of "You are my destiny" have ultimately failed--again. >_>

*cough* Sorry for my ranting. Just got really pissed from today's episode. Please don't flame =/ Disregard this. lmao. =.=

Guest Banana Peel

*sigh*

Well, at least SOME things are looking brighter.

I was kiiinda disappointed how SB quickly forgave HS from being unsupportive when MJ was 'sick'

And I kinda was like 'what?! <_< ' when HS told SB 'why didnt you tell me that my mom was bothering you?!'

I guess HS will be HS.

:rolleyes:

Also, I'm sad that SB's mom will die soon.

She's like the only support root for SB these days!

Anyong Ahoxan

I have not catch up with latest YAMD episodes even though I have downloaded them. Just by reading all the postings here is enough to make me sad about Hosae and Saebyeok.

By the way, chingu, do you have the links for Star's Lovers? I would love to see the drama cos I am a fan of Choi Ji Woo.

~Aleka~

Guest pamsy531

Oh well, Like most of you I am disappointed with this drama. But my disappointment with EOE is even more. I guess its because I never like the actress who plays Grace...she can't speak straight English, why would they put her in a role to be wife of half caucasian half Korean.. I thought LDH is the lead female star, Lee brothers will fight for her, but I just read on EOE thread that she is quitting.

YAMD got screwed up by the writers...I guess this is not the first drama that I will be disappointed with. I think I am better off watching old dramas instead of following dramas that are currently airing.

Same here... I gave up on YAMD... they make the character really stupid! I feel bad for LDH... its definitely MBC's fault, WW is a good one... and I highly recommend Family Honor of SBS.

Guest 5imply_5wt

i just watch the preview for ep 166 and O M G saebyuk better divorce HS and never get back with him. i mean what kind of man abandons their wife. he need to grow a back bone =="

i'm so happy that this show's gonna be over soon. i just want to find out what happens in the end

Archived