[drama 2008] You Are My Destiny 너는 내 운명

Guest Soy

Guest divasma

I agree with most of the posters here who feel that MJ has gone completely 'round the bend. (By the way, I love this actress - she is sooo good at making me hate her character!)

But - and here is my question - does anyone recall another drama in which someone (or a MIL) was just so bad with no reasonable chance for redemption? I was always able to find at least one little thing that could make me believe something was possible. But I think the writers have put MJ in a corner with no believable way out.

Additionally, there seems to be this whole Oedipal thing going on which gives me the creeps. Has anyone noticed that, noticed it in another drama? Or is it just my twisted mind?

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Additionally, there seems to be this whole Oedipal thing going on which gives me the creeps. Has anyone noticed that, noticed it in another drama? Or is it just my twisted mind?

I noticed, I noticed that why I referenced it in a previous post. It's giving me the creeps too :vicx: I don't know what to think. Is this is mother love or love-love, ugh :o

Thanks for the preview link M_BoA308

I am so frustrated with what is going on...those darn writers what the heck are they doing?!

The whole marriage registration mess :crazy: what they h*ll where they thinking giving

the marriage license to MJ?

MJ now hurt from the accident is making things even worse for SB :angry: :angry: :angry:

This is some twisted morbid destiny....let me find a family but then discover I was a cause of their daughter's death, let me find a man who loves me but then get tortured and tormented by his mother, let me get married to the man I love but have it all be a ruse because the papers weren't submitted to the court to be official, and oh yeah let my bio-mom be alive and come back to find me only to cause more trouble so I will continue to hate her.

Things are seriously messed up!

Sorry, for all the ranting...I had to let it out. :sweatingbullets:

I wonder if this supposed sickness MJ has is some lame attempt by the writers to have SB give blood or something to save MJ <_< Then MJ will finally realize what an awful person she has been to SB and ask for forgiveness and approve of SB as her daughter-in-law.

Too many people are sick...I mean what about MiOk? She is suppose to die soon.

Aigoo, things really don't look good for SB and HS. After everything they have been through to have them separate would kill the show...most of us on the thread are barely hanging on.

By the way for those who have KBS World has anyone noticed the change in time? I live on the East coast and they changed YAMD from 9:30pm to 11:15pm now. I have a feeling that they moved it because of poor ratings here in the States. I checked yesterday and they are still going through the whole TP and YR engagement issue.

Guest oliv_d_pooh

I noticed, I noticed that why I referenced it in a previous post. It's giving me the creeps too :vicx: I don't know what to think. Is this is mother love or love-love, ugh :o

good to know i'm not the only one who think that way...it was a bit weird to see how MJ behaves towards HS which is the complete opposite from YR.

it would be sick if it's an actual love- love relationship.........=.=

gothamknight! glad to know you arrive safely at korea =D have a great holiday!!

i seriously have no idea how the writers are gg to climb out of this hole that they have dug for themselves. MJ is the most hateful character tt i have ever seen in a drama. if they decide to blame mj's behaviour on some kind of physical illness (tumour, leukemia, the need for a frontal lobotomy), i will be the one gg mental. @_@

i juz hope tt sb gets angry enuf at hs's incompetence/uselessness tt she will react instead of just accepting every slap she gets.

Guest dbart001

dbart001 Don't worry I knew you weren't talking about me. Release all of your frustration. We can't afford to let this show cause us ulcers. I don't know who to slap first, MJ, SB or HS. It's amazing how this show brings out the violence in me. :lol: I may need a therapist after it's all over or else the writers could just help me save my mental health by ending it within the next two weeks :(

By the way, I can't believe so many of them have been nominated for awards-we must be missing something because the writrs have definitely not brought out the best in these actors.

I know what you're feeling...I already have ulcer but not because of this show but vicodin... :lol: :lol:

about their nomination, i can't believe it too...the veteran actors/actresses are really good like YS, DJ and MJ (we have to admit she is really good at being an evil MIL) to name a few but the young ones are disappointing...(sorry to all the Yoona fans!..) I think this show is meant for 2 yr old and up that's why they can't even show the love scenes/kissing scenes between HS and SB, Rated 2...LOL

I know what you're feeling...I already have ulcer but not because of this show but vicodin... :lol: :lol:

about their nomination, i can't believe it too...the veteran actors/actresses are really good like YS, DJ and MJ (we have to admit she is really good at being an evil MIL) to name a few but the young ones are disappointing...(sorry to all the Yoona fans!..) I think this show is meant for 2 yr old and up that's why they can't even show the love scenes/kissing scenes between HS and SB, Rated 2...LOL

:w00t::w00t::w00t: I love that rating system, only a 2 year old would not question these plot lines. But yes, the actress playig MJ is very good at what she does.

Take care of that ulcer and drink plenty of milk. I had minor abdominal surgery and developed a hernia from it, who'd have figured that. The cure was worse than the illness. :lol::lol:

Guest dbart001

:w00t::w00t::w00t: I love that rating system, only a 2 year old would not question these plot lines. But yes, the actress playig MJ is very good at what she does.

Take care of that ulcer and drink plenty of milk. I had minor abdominal surgery and developed a hernia from it, who'd have figured that. The cure was worse than the illness. :lol::lol:

I am taking ulcer meds already and warm milk at night only if it bothers me. I know, I had my tumor removed from my thoracic spine and developed an ulcer after operation...Having stomachache is worst than backache for me...The only consolation is I can walk faster now than before the operation... :)

Guest kawaiiyuki2

this drama has really gone down hill. hs and sb character spin off in weird direction and mj... well she's just sick.

I mean i understand how sb and hs love (even if we don't really see what in this drama) but i don't think i could marry hs if i had to live in the same house with her. Now she's going 'chain' hs to her bedside. i think the reason she like soobin in the beginning is cause they were so similar and she could still control hs after they got married. but with sb as we can see he does what he wants and even scald her a couple of times. she she really scared of losing him(which is really sickening)

Still hoping hs and sb don't get a divorce even if mj does everything she can.

i hope miok sells off all the lohas sock or something. (i have nothing against cb but still i can't stand mj)

Guest polaris

The writers are on crack.

In some ways I want to stop watching this drama but I feel that I have to bear it to the end since I've come this far. The plot feels like a broken record....It's been like this since the beginning...

MJ hates SB ..MJ tries to obsessively hold on to HS...HS rebels against mommy... makes threats to leave house...

*temporary pretend peace with the wedding*

MJ hates SB..MJ tries to obsessively hold on to HS...HS rebels against mommy...makes threats to leave house...

over and over and over again. good grief.

Guest fara_diggory

er...btw, i'm new and not korean..can i ask you guys something.

why, in Korea, the in laws cannot be married?

i mean, when the taepoong-yuri case, SB n HS cannot be married...

but y in 'Likable OR Not', when Danpung and Baekho is married, Sua can Still be together with Danpung's brother..

Well, even all know that Baekho and Sua is siblings..

i'm quite confius, can someone explain?

It's funny how Yoona said that she and the actress who plays MJ became closer and more friendly once they started filming the MIL and DIL scenes.

In today's episode MJ is pretending she can't speak and everyone believes it except for SB. I think MJ might actually be sick? CB's doctor friend starts asking about if she's shown any symptoms yet, blah blah. And MJ's nose starts bleeding and she wonders why she keeps having fevers. Ugh, if this is the writer's idea of a good storyline I want to hit him/her on the head.

MiOk threatens to pull out of the Lohas deal if she and SB can't work together in the US - especially since all of her materials and art studio is there. In the preview for the next episode HS tells SB he can't live abroad with her, and she actually looks pretty pissed off.

Guest XiahxTiffany

wow if hosee really does side with MJ then the writers have made the drama topsy turvy

he should noe that SB had to go through a lot from MJ

he should just noe that MJ is just making a scene to get him back

but im still sure that hosee will always love saebyuk and side with her:)

do the right thing!!!! <3

YAMD 162 [Ental rip. skyeler's source]

YouTube: ------

VEOH HQ: -----

YAMD 163 Preview [full-screen viewable]

YouTube: ------

VEOH: ----------

NOTE: First available YAMD full-screen previews are usually on
l00bia's YouTube Channel

[Text]

Original text:

163회 :: 2008년 12월 19일 금...

민정은 자신이 백혈병에 걸린 것일 수도 있다는 사실은 모른 채, 실어증 증세를 가장해 새벽을 내쫓는데 골몰한다. 윤희는 상기에게 통장을 쥐어주며 떠나라고 말하고, 상기는 그제서야 자신에게 윤희가 얼마나 소중한지를 깨닫는다. 대구는 보육원에서 꼬마 복동이를 만나고, 미옥의 바람과는 달리 미국엔 새벽 혼자 떠날 처지가 되어가는데......

Translation: Korean (automatically detected) » English

163 times: Friday, December 19, 2008 ...

People could be stuck to his leukemia with the fact that I do not know, the dawn of naejjotneunde disguised aphasia symptoms will be absorbed. Account, helps to get above the left yunhui say, and they feel that the above is to realize how important he is to yunhui. Daegu, the kid from the orphanage to meet the bokdong, leave alone the morning miok of the wind, unlike America's position is that ......

YAMD streaming for all episodes,

including E-Subbed episodes 001-113 from SoShi-Subs for viewing and HQ download,

including Chinese-Subbed episodes 001-current from TuDou.

SoShified 001-113: ---
[Official SoShi-Subs Streaming Site]

VEOH 001-113: -------
[E-Subbed SoShi-Subs version]

VEOH 114-128: -------
[E-Subbed KBS-World version]

VEOH 114-162: -------
[RAW]

YouTube 075-161: ----
[RAW with English translation transcripts]

MySoju 001-121: -----
[E-Subbed SoShi-Subs & KBS-World versions]

TuDou 001-156: ------
[Chinese-Subbed]

YouKu 001-160: ------
[RAW]

i agree wid all of u....this show is being draggeeed....i started watching in this in the summer......used to check the comp every 5 mins for updates for this show.....and now......all i do is watch the previews!! i no that kdrama does these things...and it can get on your nerves...but still shows like pure 19, likeable o not ..there were long too .....but it was definetly worth the wait...and all the characters in those drama had interesting plots...but in this....one couple goes bad, then the other couple is good all of a sudden..n vice versa.

THis is too much...URMD....yah... rite destiny can't b this long..take a shortcut!! (if that makes sense)..JUST END THIS ALREADY!!!

What's going to b the next show after this one is over? anyone know? o srry to ask this here...but can someone plzzz recommond me some other good Kdrama?

i agree wid all of u....this show is being draggeeed....i started watching in this in the summer......used to check the comp every 5 mins for updates for this show.....and now......all i do is watch the previews!! i no that kdrama does these things...and it can get on your nerves...but still shows like pure 19, likeable o not ..there were long too .....but it was definetly worth the wait...and all the characters in those drama had interesting plots...but in this....one couple goes bad, then the other couple is good all of a sudden..n vice versa.

THis is too much...URMD....yah... rite destiny can't b this long..take a shortcut!! (if that makes sense)..JUST END THIS ALREADY!!!

What's going to b the next show after this one is over? anyone know? o srry to ask this here...but can someone plzzz recommond me some other good Kdrama?

Next KBS-1TV drama after YAMD: "The Road Home"

Good K-Dramas:

Currently airing:

I Love You, Don't Cry

A Star's Lover

Terroir

East of Eden [high rating, highly popular with fellow SOOMPI'ers, but I couldn't get into it.... will try again later]

Completed:

Beethoven Virus

Worlds Within / The World That They Live In

Women In the Sun

Love and Marriage

By Land and Sky

Pure 19

Likeable or Not

There are many other good K-Drama. I appologize for not including them in this brief list.

You can find and download many of them from AIGOO using MegaUpload.

http://aja-aja.com

WITHS2 fansub group have made E-subs for a large number of great K-Dramas.

http://fansub.d-addicts.com/With_S2

MySoju streams many/most of the K-Drama available on the web.

http://www.mysoju.com/

Guest lantawmako

Next KBS-1TV drama after YAMD: "The Road Home"

Good K-Dramas:

Currently airing:

I Love You, Don't Cry

A Star's Lover

Terroir

East of Eden [high rating, but I couldn't get into it.... will try again later]

Completed:

Beethoven Virus

Women In the Sun

Love and Marriage

By Land and Sky

Pure 19

Likeable or Not

i luv east of eden...and the e subs are fast...just barely two days after the episodes are shown

In the preview for the next episode HS tells SB he can't live abroad with her, and she actually looks pretty pissed off.

I don't blame SB for looking or getting pissed. When HS was going all out trying to get SB, he told her that he would be with her wherever she was and would go with her anywhere just so they could be together, but now he's saying he can't live abroad with her. Isn't he just the most wonderful man in the world (sarcasm implied) :tongue2:

Archived