[drama 2008] You Are My Destiny 너는 내 운명

Guest Soy

I was out all day today and couldn't wait to come home and watch what happened today on YAMD.

Wow, things are going from bad to worse for SB.

I know a lot of us don't understand why SB continues to let MJ treat her like crap but I really think it is the battle of wills. SB will take everything MJ dishes to her because she loves HS and wants to find a way to work things out despite the reality of the situation. MJ is SB's mother in law and no matter what you always end up trying to please your in laws even if they are wrong.

Can anyone translate what HS said to his mom at the end? Did HS finally threaten his mother with leaving to the US with SB?

This accident better be the key to SB and MJ's relationship changing. If it doesn't <_< then having her have the accident was a waste of time that did nothing to further the drama along. If HS goes all soft and wimpy I'm going to be soooooooo pissed! Yea, he will feel guilty and think it is all his fault--blah, blah, blah but MJ really needed a huge slap in the face or in this case an accident to wake her up. It's time to clear some things up. The writers can use the whole SB pregnancy storyline for the January episodes and then tada YAMD comes to a nice and happy end and we can all move on to other things. :sweatingbullets:

:o YS's fall...she lost the baby didn't she? That's so sad. And Meanwhile SY is now pregnant...they love doing the one couple happy and the rest unhappy thing.

To gothamknight thanks for the summary of ep. 159. Congrats and good luck on your teaching job. ^_^

Thanks _Zoolander_ for the interview links. That was interesting...its so cool how Thailand seems to also be interested in YAMD. The actress who plays grandma was so cute talking in English.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kawaiiyuki2

MJ is really scary and sick. I also believe that at some point she would have doubted soobin.

I don't think hs will break up with sb even after mj's accident. he really loves her and has even gone against his mom a couple of times because of sb.

this drama is driving me crazy. i stopped watching on tv and just catching up on this site.

Guest ValleeDamour

MJ is really scary and sick. I also believe that at some point she would have doubted soobin.

I don't think hs will break up with sb even after mj's accident. he really loves her and has even gone against his mom a couple of times because of sb.

this drama is driving me crazy. i stopped watching on tv and just catching up on this site.

MJ totally beyond help.

Anyong all YAMD Chingus!!!

Wow....the plot is getting twister and twister making everyone's heart aches like myself :). In fact, to be honest, I too stop watching YAMD few times during:

1) When SB was blamed for the accident and death of NaYoung

2) When SB broke off with HS

I would skip those episodes and continue with the newer ones but last nite I re-watched the episodes during the times when SB broke off with HS.

Now reading all the postings here about MJ being forever evil and cruel to SB, and also that she has ripped the Marriage License, I am having that heartache again....... :D

Yup I do agree that SB only dare to scold both HS and Miok. Too bad she dont do that to MJ. Again, maybe its because of her respect to her mother-in-law no matter how cruel MJ is.

Anyway all my chingus here, AJA AJA HWAITING!!!

~Aleka~

Guest ValleeDamour

Hello friends,

Sorry it took me so long to post this. What I thought would only take me no more than an hour to do ended up taking me much longer finishing. I actually thoroughly enjoyed this episode as it actually scored it's highest ratings in Seoul this year, hitting 39 on the dot for the first time. No doubt SY and TY stole the show as if you read my summary I comment on how I actually shed a few tears for the first time since the beginning of YAMD.

Unfortunately, due to my hectic last day tomorrow before embarking to Korea I think this will be my last post until I get settled in Korea. Hopefully, someone won't mind writing small summaries for everyone who would like to know what is going on. A few sentences really make all the difference as most of us know what is going on for the most part since the storylines have been pretty much all laid out there.

Well, thank you to everyone for all your well wishes. This is not goodbye, but just a quick farewell until I see you from the land of YAMD. If I ever see the actors from the show, I will make sure to have my camera handy :lol:

Ahn nyung for now=)

PS --- I am sure my translation is not perfect, far from it, so anyone who comprehends Korean better than I is more than welcomed to correct any mistakes I may have posted. This is basically how I understood the episode to have come off in my head. I would say I am at least 90% accurate, which is not bad at all I must humbly say :P Enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 12/15/08’s EP. 159 (Summary and Dialogue):

Hi gothamknight, endless thanks to your kindness for taking your busy time to translate EP. 159 for us before taking off to Korea. We wish you have a safe trip and not only successfull with your teaching, but also have fun to enjoy Korea, eating good food and do not forget to check back the threat when you have some free time. You are truly missed by all of us. Please take care. :):):)

Guest ValleeDamour

YouKu hasn't uploaded yet, but there is the preview for Ep. 162

*sigh* HS rises his voice at SB :angry:

MJ continues to be her evil self

Thank you RiceGirl1212. Am I correct that MJ took down the photo of HS and SB wedding? I think MJ's jealousy with SB took control and turned her into an evil person with a goal to destroy and make SB life miserable until the day SB can not handle any more and leave HS. :fury: :angry::angry:

Guest dbart001

OK, here's my take, MJ is just a little too obsessed with HS for my taste. I have a feeling that even if HS had married SUB after awhile, she would have begun to mistreat SUB as well. I keep returning in my mind to the beginning episodes when HS firs returned home and they were at the hotel/spa. YR wanted her father to come quick because they were acting like lovers. I know it's sick, but I think that MJ would be jealous of any woman that HS was with.

This drama is so... frustrating. I mean there was no comeuppence for SUB for all of her vile actions instead she is rewarded while SB continues to get knocked down. Instead of You Are My Destiny, this show should be called How to Destroy An Orphan or better yet, How Low Can You Go.

I think you're right that even if HS married SuB it would be the same thing w/ MJ the only difference is SuB knows how to manipulate MJ. SuB needs to tell MJ about all the lies she said about SB. I don't think it would help a lot but MJ will begin to think that she was wrong about SB all along...

I just watched today's episode and MJ is just psycho. She keeps repeating, "Come back to me HS." and I think she probably will fake being sick even when she gets better to keep HS in her life. She leaves the hospital room to somehow initiate the proceedings for a divorce - I don't really know how that would work since isn't it up to the married couple? But then again the marriage license wasn't even submitted -___-;

In the preview for the next episode the doctor friend of CB says there was something odd about her test results? We'll see. Maybe once MiOK buys off most of the shares from Lohas, I'm sure something big will happen. I honestly do not know where this writer is going, and like most of you, I agree it should have ended at a 160 episodes. Ridiculous. I almost wish SB would leave with MiOk to study in the US for a while and then come back a sophisticated, educated young woman who will not take crap from anyone like MJ. I'm sure once MiOk gets a good amount of the shares she will hand them over to SB.

Guest kawaiiyuki2

I haven't really been watching this drama. I can't stand the fact that it's going crazy and mj is going driving me crazy.

1st, why in the world did mj rip the paper, yuri seem to have seen it but doesn't look like she will say anything to keep her brother happy.

2nd, sb is still mad at miok and i totally think she should leave with miok if this keeps going.

3rd, i doubt mj can get sb and hs to divorce because the couple themselves have to sign the paper.

4th, mj is always in sb and hs' room. they need a lock on that door. mj enters and leaves as she please which is really rude.

5th, i hope mj is really sick and never gets out of bed (just my wishful thinking)

This drama is going all over the place. I started watching the previous drama 'high as the sky and wide as earth' cause i can't take mj's crazyness in general and over hs.

(hs and sb should have just moved out)

Guest mag_mchan

Translation for Preview EP 162

[Credit to Philzeta]

Hs:What? Mother's gone?

Dad:What happened?

Hs:What did you do while she was gone?

Sb:Hs.

Tp:You were let go because of you mother in law?

Sb:That's not it.

Woman:They kicked you out.

Sb:I said that's not it.

Sy's mom:I should've paid him so he'd leave.

Sy:That's all right mom. Now that everyone knows I am relieved. I no longer lose my sleep over it.

Sy's mom:Poor thing.

Sb's dad:There's nothing worse than hating each other yet living under the same roof.

Man:The test result is in but it's strange.

Sb:Am I just a burden to you? Do you really hate me?

Guest dbart001

Translation for Preview EP 162

[Credit to Philzeta]

Man:The test result is in but it's strange.

Sb:Am I just a burden to you? Do you really hate me?

Is MJ dying??? If that's the writer's way of redeeming MJ, i'm not buying it...and HS of all people should not accuse SB of making MJ leave the hospital...crazy...crazy...I am really beginning to not like HS, I hope too that SB leaves w/ MiOk to USA and come back a different person and hopefully owns most of Lohas' stock shares...and w/ a handsome new boyfriend...So Ji Sub maybe?....he he he...

i've been lurking on this thread for awhile, but after 2day's episode i had to come out and say tt i HATE mj. i felt like tearing my hair out thru the whole episode, after wat she "thought" in her hospital bed abt how hs will stay by her side if she's sick, i'm pretty sure she's gonna fake being sick to "handcuff" hs to her side. and the sad thing is tt hs is trusting/gullible/naive/fillial (whichever u wanna choose) enuf to fall for it, while sb, being the doormat in this whole circus, looks like she's ready to leave hs, esp after wat she said at the end of the preview.

eurgh. i swear, this is the most frustrating drama i've watched in a looooooooooong time. @_@

Guest anyaxoxo22

I dont know about all of you but im freakig sick and tired of this show its just spinning out of control nothing makes any freaking sense no more. its just crazy, its now the worst drama ever nothing makes sense the plot line is everywhere thar are side stories that are just as crazy as the main story for the luv of god shoot it dead already before u ruin a once truly great show !!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

YAMD 161 [Ental rip. skyeler's source]

YouTube: ------

VEOH HQ: -----

YAMD 162 Preview [full-screen viewable]

YouTube: ------

VEOH: ----------

NOTE: First available YAMD full-screen previews are usually on
l00bia's YouTube Channel

[Text]

Original text:

162회 :: 2008년 12월 18일 목...

민정은 병원을 뛰쳐나가 집으로 돌아가 병세를 과장하며 실어증 행세를 한다. 윤희는 상기가 태영의 집에까지 찾아갔다는 사실을 알고 상기에게 크게 실망한다. 미옥이 새벽 부부의 미국행을 추진하는 사이, 민정은 새벽을 쫓아내려 갖은 애를 쓰는데......

Translation: Korean (automatically detected) » English

162 times: Thursday, December 18, 2008 ...

Condition in the hospital for the people back home ttwichyeonaga is pretending to be exaggerated, and aphasia. Tae-Young of the above yunhui went to the house above the fact that I know will be a big disappointment. This morning a couple of miok between the USA, people write her in the morning, every jjotahnaeryeo ......

YAMD streaming, including E-Subbed episodes 001-113 from SoShi-Subs, with permission for viewing and HQ download from VEOH.

SoShified 001-113: --
[Official SoShi-Subs Streaming Site]

MySoju 001-121: -----

VEOH 001-113: -------
[E-Subbed SoShi-Subs version]

VEOH 114-125: -------
[E-Subbed KBS-World version]

VEOH 114-161: -------

YouKu 001-160: ------

Archived