[drama 2008] You Are My Destiny 너는 내 운명

Guest Soy

YOUKU link for today's 146. Works perfectly:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTU3NzUzMTI=.html

Thanks. Indeed episode 146 came out clear & audio perfect using this link.

TRANSLATION CONTINUATION FOR EPISODE 137

Translations [Credit to 46527eu4] EP 137

Thank you sweetheart ... & true to your name you are a real darling! Please continue to post the translations. It's a hit & miss when we non-speaking Koreans do our own analysis. We seldom are accurate unlike our translators who are proficient in the language.

Edit: Also my appreciation for the continued posting of the links by ahoxan.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sweetheart0085

YAMD 146 [Ental rip. skyeler's source]

YouTube: ----

VEOH LQ: ----

VEOH HQ: ----

YAMD 147 Preview [full-screen viewable]

YouTube: -----

VEOH: ---------

NOTE: First available YAMD full-screen previews are usually on
l00bia's YouTube Channel

[Text]

Original text:

147회 :: 2008년 11월 27일 목...

태영은 드디어 상기의 정체를 알게 되고 소영은 비탄에 빠진다. 미옥은 새벽을 도울 궁리로 칠복을 만나 사업적 만남을 주선하려하고, 이 소문은 민정의 귀에까지 들어간다. 로하스 구조조정 명단엔 판재가 포함되고, 로하스 직원들이 위기 탈출을 위한 기획에 골몰하는 가운데, 수빈은 마음을 정하기 시작한다. 한편 영숙은 미옥의 수첩에서 사진 한 장을 발견하는데......

Translation: Korean (automatically detected) » English

147 times: Thursday, November 27, 2008 ...

Finally, get to know the identity of the above Tricia soyoung falls in the grief. In the morning to help chilbok miok to meet a business challenge: trying to set up the meeting, the rumors are gwiekkaji of the people. They pop up on the plate, including restructuring and LOHAS, LOHAS employees devoted to planning for the escape of the crisis, subin decided to start the heart. The Handbook of youngsuk photos from the miok to find at least one ......

YAMD streaming, including E-Subbed episodes 001-105 from SoShi-Subs, with permission for viewing and HQ download from VEOH.

SoShified 096-105: -

MySoju: ---------------

VEOH 001-100: ------

VEOH 101-113: ------
[E-Subbed KBS-World version]

VEOH 101-145: ------

YouKu 001-145: -----

Thanks Ahoxan, welcome back from work^^

edit: Thanks to you too Carmina^^

Guest who8myoreos

Like everyone else, I was getting quite irritated with this show. But today I was watching ep 145 and realized that when I step back and break from the "Saebyuk-Hose" spell, the surrounding storylines are actually pretty interesting. I think Nam Gyung Woo is a really cool guy, and his story with SooBin is interesting (although SooBin isn't quite getting the comeuppance she deserves). I think SooBin's parents' situation is also flowing really smoothly. And I also like the situation with SoYoung and Jo Sang Kee.

The worst storyline right now is Saebyuk's, and it really irritated me, because I was really into that couple, especially around ep 100-ish. But if you start looking at the other story lines, I think you'll find that YAMD is still a very strong show.

anyone agree?

147회 :: 2008년 11월 27일 목...

태영은 드디어 상기의 정체를 알게 되고 소영은 비탄에 빠진다. 미옥은 새벽을 도울 궁리로 칠복을 만나 사업적 만남을 주선하려하고, 이 소문은 민정의 귀에까지 들어간다. 로하스 구조조정 명단엔 판재가 포함되고, 로하스 직원들이 위기 탈출을 위한 기획에 골몰하는 가운데, 수빈은 마음을 정하기 시작한다. 한편 영숙은 미옥의 수첩에서 사진 한 장을 발견하는데......

episode 147 november 27, 2008

Taeyoung finally finds out the true identity of Sangki and Soyoung falls into a state of grief. MiOk in an attempt to help Saebyuk searches out CB to talk about business and this news falls into MJ's ears. Panjae's name is listed in the Lohas reorganization list, and while Lohas workers are thinking of ways to avoid this danger, Soobin begins to set her mind. Meanwhile, Youngsook finds a single picture from MiOk's notebook.....

Oh, no the writer/PD should not prolong our agony. I hope they finish this up & start the new drama. I want to see YAMD take a bow with at least half of us here in the thread.

I can't help but compare the acting of the two leads in the KBS drama that ended last night, the Matchmaker's Lover. Of course, Kim Ji-hun & Kim Min-hee are more senior than PJJ & Yoona, but the roles they portrayed did not demand high-flying dramatic scenes but a realistic performance of ordinary lovers. KJH & KMH acted their roles convincingly, like real lovers, behaviors normal to two people in love ... when they talk, they talk like there are only the two of them in the world, & when they hug, they hug with closed eyes & hold each other tight. They look into each other's eyes like they're reading each other's minds with understanding. I'm not saying PJJ & Yoona should kiss passionately the way the ML lovers kissed ... no, not at all, but at least please give us the benefit of watching a true-to-life behavior between newlyweds. They were just married for about a week? As mentioned earlier by other posters of this thread, what is SB doing with those loosely hanging arms as HS hugs her, no feelings at all. What is she communicating to the viewers? NOTHING! SB is first a wife to HS before she is a daughter, a sister & a DIL. That's her primary duty.

Carmina, I couldn't agree with you more. I am waiting for the first real post marriage hugs and intimacy from this couple. I feel that there was more passion when they ran away from home then they are showing now that the relationship is legitimate. It seems that HS is the one in love and SB is just going along for the ride. I'm sticking with the drama because I've come this far, but I don't know where the writers are going with the storyline and hope that the show doesn't drag out much longer. Romantic that I am, I haven't seen Matchmaker's Lover, and will have to see if I can find some episodes on it. When I need my quick fix of romance, I switch over to Pure 19 or LON.

Poor HS, no romance before, during or after the marriage. There better not be a miraculous baby in the end, I'll feel so cheated. Especially since we've seen no episodes of the covers being thrown over both of them. :blush:

Guest ValleeDamour

YAMD 146 [Ental rip. skyeler's source]

YouTube: ----

VEOH LQ: ----

VEOH HQ: ----

Thank you so much, uncle Ahoxan. You are the best. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone on this threat.

beamonkr, here's the link here at soompi of the drama I mentioned. Try to watch a few episodes & find out why many K drama enthusiasts find this drama amusing. It's not a common storyline, something different & definitely not a tearjerker.

Love Marriage / Love Match / Match Maker's Lover

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=232901

The romantic moments we were all expecting after the wedding never came. It seems there were more time of them together in the workplace than now that they're living under one roof. SB spends more time with her MIL on the pretext of teaching her the ropes of living according to their standard.

Now that SB & HS are married, it would be hard for TP & YR to get back together. Besides, TP is better off without this selfish girl. She cant even lift a finger to help SB what more assume the responsibilities of a DIL of a middle class family. I hope the writer will not consider a TP-YR reunion ... ;)

Guest kamsammi

Sorry for double posting...

TRANSLATIONS FOR EPISODE 138 Part 1

Translations [Credit to 46527eu4] EP 138

MJ: No, can't let them move out. I'll lose my son.

YR: Mom, what are you going to do?

MJ: The Kim's can't even manage to live a decent life, if my HS goes over there all the time, they will take in my son as their son.

YR: Are you saying to let SB lives with us on the 2nd floor? Mom, is it ok with you, it's going to be stressful.

HS: I'm back. When I see the lilies, they remind me of my mom; no, my mom is more beautiful than these flowers.

YR: OMG, mom, he's lying, don't let him fool you

HS: Mom, I know you've been thru some difficult times lately, SB and I will honor and respect you after we're married. I'll go upstairs.

MJ: Only a stupid woman would allow her son to be snatched away, not me!

Sweetheart0085: Thank you for your time doing the translations, and Happy Holidays!

beamonkr, here's the link here at soompi of the drama I mentioned. Try to watch a few episodes & find out why many K drama enthusiasts find this drama amusing. It's not a common storyline, something different & definitely not a tearjerker.

Love Marriage / Love Match / Match Maker's Lover

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=232901

I finished watching this drama last weekend. I liked it a lot better than YAMD.

You can find all the episodes (16) on AIGOO, and the E-Sub soft-subs on D-Addicts.

AIGOO: -------- http://www.omo-omo.com/love-marriage/

D-Addicts: ----- http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_64958.htm

It wasn't riveting like "My Girl" or "Full House", but it was very enjoyable. I'd rate it slightly below "Fireworks", but higher than "Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang".

I finished watching this drama last weekend. I liked it a lot better than YAMD.

You can find all the episodes (16) on AIGOO, and the E-Sub soft-subs on D-Addicts.

AIGOO: -------- http://www.omo-omo.com/love-marriage/

D-Addicts: ----- http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_64958.htm

It wasn't riveting like "My Girl" or "Full House", but it was very enjoyable. I'd rate it slightly below "Fireworks", but higher than "Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang".

Thanks ahoxan for these links. This drama though did not fare well at the ratings board found its way to the hearts of K drama followers who are after quality. Poor me, I didn't pay much attention to this drama which IMO will turn out to be one of the best produced this year. It's not late though ... using these links we can still enjoy ML & watch it in between YAMD especially when SB & HS are giving us headache on what they intend to do with their married life .... remain celibate & expect to have a dozen kids?

Guest nugraha

Like everyone else, I was getting quite irritated with this show. But today I was watching ep 145 and realized that when I step back and break from the "Saebyuk-Hose" spell, the surrounding storylines are actually pretty interesting. I think Nam Gyung Woo is a really cool guy, and his story with SooBin is interesting (although SooBin isn't quite getting the comeuppance she deserves). I think SooBin's parents' situation is also flowing really smoothly. And I also like the situation with SoYoung and Jo Sang Kee.

The worst storyline right now is Saebyuk's, and it really irritated me, because I was really into that couple, especially around ep 100-ish. But if you start looking at the other story lines, I think you'll find that YAMD is still a very strong show.

anyone agree?

I admit that I a little bit agree with you, especially with Soobin-NGW's stories.

Guest sweetheart0085

TRANSLATIONS CONTINUATION FOR EPISODE 138 Part 2 to end.

Translations [Credit to 46527eu4] EP 138

YR: Who are you starring at? Now that you are marrying to our house, your happiness ceases, and misfortunes are coming your way. I am declaring war against you, see do it that you suffer.

SB: HS and I are like oil sticking together, you know we might be a little bored with you as sesames and salt trying to flavor up the taste.

YR: No, don't expect sesames and salt, it's going to deep fried beans.

MJ: What are we going to do with Ms. Hung's money? Did you check? Is it true your brother got in trouble and skipped out again?

CB: The money did went to CL's account. Like it or not, he's my brother, I have already wire $300,000.00 back to Ms. Hung's account.

MJ: What a waste! It's better for Lohas' image to donate as charity to help as educational funds or sick children. How long do we have to rescue your brother's misconducts, this is way too many times.

DG questions about the money and YS checks the bank and found out money's been wired to her a/c.

SUB was embarrassed when YS show up at her workplace for money. YS wants to set her up for blind dates

SUB: Is money and wealth are the only reasons for marriage?

YS: You idiot. Look at SB, people are jealous over her marrying into Lohas. Hold it, just in case, make sure you split up with that NKW. You've only seen him a few times, haven't a relationship yet, right? Why do I feel a chill?

The team is planning a trip to different construction-sites for ideas on new kitchen designs.

SUB: KSB you have double good news, 1 wedding on its way, the other, you've been selected as Lohas best employee. Your designs sell good, as a model of the company the response from the ad presentation is very positive. You have a reward coming your way.

SB: Thank you very much.

Male TM: You are going to treat us out for dinner.SB

HS: Hello, this is the invitation card. All of you are coming, right?

SUB: The wedding date and the construction trip are almost at the same time.

Female TM: It's too bad, you mean SB can't joint us for the trip.

HS: Guys, do me a favor, can you be the "Sell the box" gang for me?

Male TL: The box.] [sB: HS and I feel it's the best to choose our friends to do this, can you?]

Male TM: Of course, we love to do it.

GM: SB do you know the 3 virtues for women. Listen to your dad when you're young, commit to your husband when you're married....and also seven proper conducts.......

SB: GM, it seems there are so much to learn from you.

SY: GM, those are from the pass, now the newest seven are: when your husband cheats on you, keep your money; when he discovers you have separate saving a/c... etc. on top of all these, there are 9 conditions as to when to kick your husband out.

GM: SB, don't listen to your SIL. have your ears washed.

YSK: Now that SB is marrying to that family, even though we don't have to buy gifts, we still need to prepare something for the new home, like beddings, house ware etc..

SB: Mom, no need for that, we've decided to live with HS' parents.

GM: OMG, you are going to live with that wicked woman.

TP: No way.] [sB: I want to live with them to learn and maybe we'll get along and begin to like each other, Also, this is, the reward bonus from Lohas and money from HS for wedding preparation.

TP: Why do you take money from him?

SB: At first, I refused. But looking at the disappointment shown on his face, I decided to accept, it's better for our relationship. I pay him back gradually in the future. Please use the money as start-up funds for the joint-venture business.

DG: HS gives you the money, keep it for your use. Your kindness is appreciated. I can't accept this money. Don't say any more.

GM: We have to look at this from both sides. Not just worry for your own pride, consider her situation. How she feels about marring into that family when her father is unemployed. Do you think she will be at peace when her family has no means to support a living.? We'll use this money to start a business.

DG: How can I use my daughter's money?] [GM: I've been living on you all my life.][DG: but, that is different.] GM: what's different? Don't get so complicated, when opportunity knocks, grab it.

YS: What mom' said makes sense.

HR: Thank you, this is very good. We're going to make our business flourished and prosperous

YSK: Yes, by the way, have you heard that TY's been invited to work at the University? Some have to wait a long time before their dissertation passed, but our TY got it.

HR: This is very good news, he is a lucky boy and his hard work is paid off

YSK: Thank you for your support.

YS feels sick and wants to throw up.

NKW: Winter is almost here.][sUB: It means we don't have to ride on your bike any more.]

NKW: I thought you enjoy holding my waist and cruise down the street. I have to make the decision before winter. When are you going to give me your answer? I can't leave here for too long without you, why don't we go together?

YS: my shoulders and knees are hurting. Why do I feel this way? They....

SUB: Mom, what are you doing?] [YS: The two of you...} [NKW: Mom,} [YS: Mom? Follow me, you too.] [sUB: Mom]

YS: Doctor, women are all dead, how can you get involved with your ex's girlfriends cousin?

NKW: Mom, don't worry, I love SUB.

YS: How dare you ...to our SUB. Listen, I have more life experience than you, let me tell you about this thing calls "Love". It's an empty word not even a dog is interested at it. Drop it and wake up.

SUB: NKW, get up, you go home first.

NKW: I may not be a perfect man for SUB, but I can show her there are dreams much bigger in life than love alone.

YS: Dreams! Did you eat something wrong last night? Is it something you can touch or grab? This may sound worldly to you but, what is your family background? What do your parents do?

Sub: Mom, stop it, don't ask no more. You are embarrassing him

NKW: SUB, your mom's curiosity is totally understandable. If my parents meet SUB, I'm sure they'd like her too. But, too bad they are not in the country, they are ambassadors.

YS: Ambassadors?? Embassy?? Where? Any brothers?

NKW: My eldest brother is working in Seoul as prosecutor for the local government, my other elder brother is doing research work at a Technological Institution in the US and I'm the youngest of the three.

YS: So, the youngest. Since you look so mature, I thought you are the eldest.[To self: wow, parents are ambassadors plus all the capable brothers, can't tell by looking at him, whoops, I almost lose a fine sag of sesames for a water-melon] , look.. at me, I've forgotten to serve my guest tea. DR, N, Is there any particular tea you would like?

NKW: No, it's late, I have to go, next time when I come, I would like to eat something better then.

YS: Fine, fine, please come by often, Doctor N. .. Are you going to see Dr. N out?

Sub: Mom, your act is too obvious.

YS: Even though he is NY' s ex-boyfriend, so what, right. His family is comparable to Lohas. Good Job.

MJ: Try something else.] [Clerk: Yes, Madam][MJ: Wait, find something elegant. No detailed lace, beading, embroidered trim, decor accessories, just give me the best fabrics and the highest quality.

Clerk: Bride, the one you pick actually is the best for you.

SB: No, let's try another one.

MJ: This is not bad, come on smile, we can't continue on like this, just decide on this one. Go & change. Where is the rest-room?

Clerk: Rest room is over there. Marriage is once in a life-time, if you don't wear the gown of your choice, you'll regret later.

SB: Yes, but mom doesn't like.

Clerk: This is more beautiful, if you wear this, your MIL will think this looks good on you.

SB: You really think so.

Clerk, Yes, just take this one.

YS dreams that she's is dying and asks her husband not to leave.

DG: What happens to you?][YS: DG, don't leave][DG: I'm not going anywhere, you've a fever, we'll go to the emergency.][YS: no, it's ok, I just feel a little funny today.][DG: lie down first, I'll get you some water.]

TP: Mom, is today the "box day" for SB?

YSK: We'll go to the market and prepare food and drinks for tonight. Time is running tight.

YSK: How many people are chanting for the box tonight?

SB: Just a few, our co-workers at Lohas. Also, BJ is coming too.

SY: TY, are you coming home early tonight?][TY: yes, after my meeting with the professor.]

CSK: Are you KBJ.][bJ: Who are you? My bio-parents are looking for me? really?]

CSK: No, not you, I'm looking for a 1989 missing child on the beach. What kind of clothes you wore when you were found?][bJ: Yellow dress and a pair of tennis shoes with holds.]

CSK: Yellow dress and tennis shoes with holds, what about any memories of your family?

BJ: Mom bought me a banana milk shake and asked me to wait at a bus stop.

CSK: Bus stop, and you waited and cried alone?] [bJ: No, I was with my brother together.]

CSK: Brother!!, looks like KSB is the only possibility left.

HS: These aren't the furniture’s and wall papers SB selected.

MJ: You mean those, I changed them because they don't match our house decor.

SB: Thank you for helping us. Because of busy schedules, brides usually loses some weight, make sure you go for the last fitting. Good thing I pick your wedding gown for you, if you wear yours.......

HS: You don't like mom choice right?

SB: Honestly speaking,..this..this is our room...( to self: what about the gown, then)

HS: I'll go down first. (HS leaves and BJ comes in)

SB: You are coming to my house right, today is the box day.

BJ: of course, I'll come. Do you know who did I see today? Someone is looking for a missing daughter in Chochu, and he asks me if I 'm the one.][sB: Then?] [bJ: No, the missing daughter is the only child. I have a brother. Anyone contacted you yet?] [sB No.]

Male TL: Box, Box.

Male TM: Let me, I 'm more good looking.

Male TL: It is better for a married man with children to call the box.

Female tm: Don't bring shame to us, make sure you guys can sell the box. Sub, are you going to SB house to sell the box.] [sub: Cousin is receiving her box, of course, let's go together.]

TY: Mom, this is rice noodles, this tastes good.

HS & SB: Mom, hello] [sY: SB, you look beautiful, HS, you too. Mom, do they look like the dream couples} [sB: Mom, anything for me to help?] [YSK: No, go get ready to receive your box]

DJ: At a time like this, we need our eldest son to help, that fellow hasn't been back yet.

TP: This is the truth, I'm the one always end up with all the hard labor.

YSK: Did you get the envelopes ready?

DJ: Here, do you think it's enough.

SY: Did you tell the gangs to go easy on the envelopes?

TP: We'll see how good your gangs perform, if not after your honeymoon, I'll get the envelopes back.

SUB: GM.

DJ & YSK: SUB.

SUB: I only have one cousin sister, I should show up right.

YSK: Good, you've done good.

SB & HS: thank you.

Gangs chant: Sell a box!

Group: Box is coming, let's get ready.

Phone rings SB: Hello.

SK: Hello, is this the cell phone of KSB?

SB: Yes, I'm KSB. Who are you?

The gangs chant: Buy a box, buy a box, how come no one comes out yet?

SK: looking for JSB and now becoming KSB from Chochu orphanage.

SB: Who are you?

SK: KSB, are you curious who are your biological parents?

SB: My biological parents, who, who are you, do you know?

End

Guest nugraha

TRANSLATION CONTINUATION FOR EPISODE 137

Translations [Credit to 46527eu4] EP 137

TP: Funny, isn't it? When one committed wrongs, she never gets any peace. (Takes his jacket off, hands it to YR) You don't have to return it to me.

YR: Oppa, yes, I'm going to tell him, I want to start over again, just can't end like this.

YR: Oppa, Oppa, if DJ and YSK saw me, they' would get real mad. I'd better back off.

HS: Mom, thank you for dinner tonight. After we are married, I want to eat here every night.

YSK: Yes, let's do that.

HS: About the gifts, us young people think all the expensive attire is vanity. I'm one of them and I'm suggesting to skip this ritual.

MJ: A big fool. Is he the guardian angel for Mr. Kim? It's not even his business to dip his hands in.

YR: Mom.] [MJ: What's that look on your face?]

YR: Mom, Oppa is at SB's house, mingles himself with them as if he's a part of them already. Mom this and mom that, he doesn't even want them to buy the gift for him.

MJ: What you say? It's not going to work, can't let them move out, I'll lose my son to them.

End

Wow!!! There's a possibility for them to get back together?!! That's interesting.

Oh ya, thanks for translating sweetheart.

Guest nugraha

No ep 144 update, yet. :tears:

Well, I went to the official website and got a look at the preview for ep 145.

Looks like YH finds out about Sangki being her father and she rejects him

MiOk moves into the Kim's household

DG is being the dutiful husband cooking for YS

TP seems to have received a car from YS and looks like he is helping out at SY's mother's business

Yuri sees TP and YH together and gets jealous

HS talks to his father at work (have no idea what they are saying)

There is a shot of the Lohas team members looking really happy

SB is at home relaxing on the bed (she's probably wishing she could go to work like HS and get of the house and away from MJ)

Hey...I just read your posting. It's getting interesting if TP and YH could get together. But is it possible with their relationship right now?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :D

Enjoy your day off with family and friends!

I went to KBS's main site and saw Preview for Ep 148

Looks like the Kim's will find out that MiOk is her biological mother...it's either that or they found out she's been meeting with CB

Subin decides to leave Lohas...so I guess she's going to Africa with NKW

SB is back at work ^_^

MJ discovers CB is meeting with MiOk

Guest mag_mchan

Translation for Preview EP 148

[Credit to Philzeta]

Woman: That's right. Sb, I mean Sj is my daughter. I abandoned her at the beach when she was little.

Tp: Why'd you abandon her in the first place?

I'll tell her.

Family: Tp.

Tp: Sb has to decide. She must know.

Mom: No.

Man: I have a delivery.

Sbn: As of today, I am leaving this company.

Coworkers: What?

Sbn: It's me Jw.Let's get going.

Sbn's mom: Oh my god. She's crazy.

Hs's mom: Why's he talking with her about business?

Tp's voice: Real mother.

Sb's voice: I have only one mother.

Guest sweetheart0085

Translation for Preview EP 148

[Credit to Philzeta]

Woman: That's right. Sb, I mean Sj is my daughter. I abandoned her at the beach when she was little.

Tp: Why'd you abandon her in the first place?

I'll tell her.

Family: Tp.

Tp: Sb has to decide. She must know.

Mom: No.

Man: I have a delivery.

Sbn: As of today, I am leaving this company.

Coworkers: What?

Sbn: It's me Jw.Let's get going.

Sbn's mom: Oh my god. She's crazy.

Hs's mom: Why's he talking with her about business?

Tp's voice: Real mother.

Sb's voice: I have only one mother.

Thank you for the posting the preview translations^^

p.s. HAPPY TURKEY DAY EVERYONE^.~

Guest sweetheart0085

TRANSLATIONS FOR EPISODE 139

Translations [Credit to 46527eu4] EP 139

On the phone

SB: My biological parents? Do you know them?

SK: Of course, can you come out and meet me? I'm in the neighborhood near you home.

SB: Ok, I will come out right away.

SK: I'll wait for you in the supermarket near your house.

HS' friends: Buy a box. (Korean custom: Box contains gift, as they approach the bride's house, they would chant "buy a ham")

Female TM: You guys are late, here is the envelope (contains money).

Male TL: so little, we will just stop here not going in.

BJ: Here, some drinks, drink it all down.

Male TL: Drinks only? No dancing? Let's back off five steps.] Girls: No, no.

Sub: Just come in. This is new generation, why are you still doing this "Buy a box" stuff? Hands over an envelope.

Male TL: Hey, this is too little, lets back off five steps. we 're not Lohas' employee today, we are the "Buy a box" gang.

HS: Where are you going SB?

YSK: SB You are the bride, A bride is never to greet the gift-bearers.

GM: She's afraid the gangs will leave without seeing the box, don't worry, even if they leave, we'll still give you away. Go back to your room and wait. HS, come, take the pasty out.

SB on the phone: I have something to do at home, can we meet two hours later? yes, thank you. I'll see you later.

Female tm: I've even danced ] [bJ: I did the frog dance} [GM: Let me, the beauty queen do it]

The gangs chant: "Buy the box". This is the wrong house, let's leave.

TP: How much? What about this much?

Male TL with a dried squid on his face(custom): You want to get this box for free, let's back off and leave... put me down

Female tm: Wow, so strong, my kind of man.] [bJ: He's mine.] [GM: out of the way, here you've been chanting, have some of this and drink. Just come in first, we have plenty of food and drinks for you; you can sell your box later. Step on this! We scare off all evil spirits]

DJ: Thank you for bringing the precious gifts over, please accept my bow.

GM: The old tradition is that we are not to open the box in front of the bride.

DJ: We'll follow the new tradition, do away with all superstitious practice. It doesn't matter to look at them

SY: Wow, diamonds, jewels, jade, wow, even sets of rubies. OMG, my gold wedding ring is in no comparison to all these.

YSK: Girl, you don't even know to subdue your feelings in front of your in laws, are you going to renounce your marriage because you didn't receive expensive gifts.

SY: Mom, don't say that, I'm in such great position, waiting to be the "Mrs. college professor".

DJ: Thank you very much for these good gifts to SB, what should we do? We don't even have expensive gifts for you.

CB: Isn't this the ring my mother gave you, do you forget to put it back in the jewel box.

MJ: No, ring like this, How I can give to SB.

CB: Since you've decided to receive SB as DIL, accept her from your heart, she's going to live with HS together.

MJ: Living with my son doesn't mean she is my DIL. This ring is passed down from generation to generation, when I feel she really is my DIL, then I'll give it to her when the time is right. In the mean time, you don't need to bother with this.

YR: By this time, SB should already have received her box. When I first wear this gown, my life fills with beautiful pink roses. How come my life ends up so sad?

MJ: What are you doing, are you normal?

YR: I'm a little sad; just want to wear it for old time sake.

MJ: Take it off at once. Then, why did you run away from your wedding? If you didn't run away, HS and SB couldn't have married.

YR: I'm very sad, very sad about it too.

MJ: I'm so ashamed of you, tomorrow, don't show your face at the wedding, and stay home.

YR: I' wouldn't go even if you asked me. TP's family is there; why should I go there?

YSK: We haven't heard from TY? He told me he will be here when the box comes.

SY: Maybe the professor is holding him up.

TY: I don't pass. Yesterday you said I passed and today when I come for the confirmation, you say I don't pass?

Professor: I don't know what to say to you. The committee changes their decision.

TY: Then, who takes my place? I heard that a younger candidate gets the approval from the committee, is it true? (Flash back of something he heard: You know XXX's uncle has some background with the university.)

TY walks out the office. (Flash back) SY: Really, wonderful, this is not a dream is it?

The young guy: I trust you, let's go and have a drink.

TY: Professor.] [Professor: What are you doing?]

TY: Tell me, what does XXX have, that I don’t? Is it money or background, professor, you clearly have said I passed and asked me to come for confirmation. Why? Why? I cannot accept this decision; I can't let my parents, family and wife down. Give me my dissertation back, I'll make the changes, I'll make it right. Please

Professor: Let go of me, useless bum

TY: Why do I have to study? What's the use to study? This is all vanity, no money no background, only know to labor my family to support me. What's the use to study?

SK: Excuse me!

TY: Hey, apologize if you do something wrong. You want me to excuse you, right?

SK: Oh, that strong alcohol smell, you drink too much, go home and sleep. (pushes TY on the ground) Talk to me like a human being when you are sober.

TY: What did you say?

(Flash back) SB, do you want to know about your bio-parents?

HS: SB, where are you going?

SB: I'll go out for a short while; I'll tell you when I come back, sorry

Police: For the investigation, I need your guy’s names and ID numbers.

SK: What? ID Number? No, he was just drunk and agitated, its fine with me. Hey, you are a lucky guy today.

Police: Hold it right there, strange. Why do I have a feeling you want to flee? Give me your ID.

SK: I don't have a problem with this guy.

Police: Give me your ID.

Police: CSK, you are wanted by the police, let see, mail fraud 3 times, violence 2 times oh my, even drunk-driving, unpaid traffic fines...

SK: I didn't do all those on purpose....

Police: If this fight is not settled, you know we can arrest you now. Sir, sir, wake up. This place is not your living room.

DG: Is everything ok at Oppa's house? They have a big celebration today.

YS: Do you see your wife is sick? My body aches from head to toes. How can a sick person mind over someone else's celebration?

DG: Who's someone else? This is my brother's family. What? Really hurt? You know, at our age, we are bound to have aches and pains from time to time; the key is to live the remaining years with joy and happiness. You know your class-mate XXX, he has gastric cancer, final stage.

YS jumps up: My god, really, I remember he participated in the last marathon.

DG: Yes, he doesn't feel good one day, indigestion or something, at first he said, it feels like a cold with a temperature, goes in for a checkup, finds out it is already last stage.

YS: Indigestion and feels like having a cold. That is how I feel now.

DG: Go to bed and get some sleep.

YS: I'm so tired but my hair itches. What? What are you doing?

DG: Here let me serve you.

YS: Hot, hot, hot. What the hell are you doing, am I a chicken?

DG: I'm sorry; I just want to help you wash.

SUB: What are you doing here?][NKW: You're late.][sub: I asked what you are doing here.]

NKW: Can’t you see I miss you? Is something the mattered? You're agitated today. Look at me, something bad happens right?

SUB: I just came from SB's house, today is her box day. The uneasiness is no longer there, but I feel a bit lonely, a bit sad. Nothing to it, forget it.

NKW: I'm here. Why do you feel lonely? Lean on me, it's going to be fine.

BJ: Where did you go? I've waited for you to come back and I'm about to leave.

SB: BJ, the man, looking for the missing child, calls me and asks me if I’m curious about my parents.

BJ: What? What does he say?

SB: I went but he's not there. I waited for his calls again, but no calls.

BJ: Is it possible when he finds out I'm not the one and maybe you are not the one either. That's why he doesn't show up.

Male TL: It's such a harmonized gathering, thank you for everything, we have to go now.

Female TM: SB, go and get some rest, tomorrow is the big day, make sure you look beautiful.

Male TM: We'll see you at the wedding hall tomorrow.

TP: BJ, I'll see you.][bJ: Yes, Oppa, don't think about it anymore, go get some sleep, ok].

TP: you know me, HS, if you mistreat SB for any reason whatsoever, nothing good will come out of our relationship.

HS, tomorrow, we'll become in laws; we'll get along fine, don't worry.

GM: Why are you taking the china out?

YSK: This set of china is prepared for NY's marriage. We've been collecting them piece by piece.

GM: Yes, we haven't used them.

SY: Mom, is this for SB, you know rich folks don't use these ordinary dishes, sorry.mom.

YSK: NY used to tell me, "don't collect these dishes, by the time I marry, they will be outdated", but you see, a mother's heart is to save the best for her daughter.

SB: Mom, I'm going to take this with me, make sure you give them to me, ok. This is from my mom, whether new or old, I'll use them every day.

GM: Where did you go earlier? Don't look too good.

SB: I just take a walk around the neighborhood.

SY: The bride-to-be must be nervous, don't tell me SIL you would run away like YR did.][TP: SIL]

DJ: It'll be hard to gather like this again, I thought I'll have SB home as a daughter for a long time.

GM: Yes, we may have some unhappy times before, but when it comes time to give you away, I miss you. SB, there is an old saying: meals feeding from your in law's house only nourish skin-deep, but meals feeding from your own parent's home nourish not just fresh and blood, but your bones… lives with your in laws will not be as comfortable as if you are home. Be strong and courageous, overcome difficulties, call GM if you are tired, ok.

DJ: Let me give my daughter a hug.

TP: We live in the same neighborhood; it's just a matter of changing from one house to another. .Hey, what happens to Oppa? He's not back yet.

TY: I'm back.][sY: TY, you are late, oh, my, my, alcohol odor.]

DJ: How come u drank so much? Is everything ok with the professor?][TY: yes

GM: Good! Wonderful, good things keep on happening in our family.

YSK: Today is SB's box day, as a brother you ought to be here, why drink so much?

TY: SB, I'm sorry.][sB: its ok, Oppa.][TY: my kind hearted sister, have a happy life.]

SY: Come in to the room, good night, mom and dad and gm.

MJ: What are you doing?][HS: Mom, you've been thru a lot because of me]

MJ: Let go, don't give me that honeycomb words.

HS: You spend half your life devoted to me, I know that, dear mom, and I truly love you.

MJ: In order for you to feel what I feel make sure you have a son just like you.

YSK: I don't know why I miss you so much.

SB: Since we live in the same neighborhood, I'll visit often after work.

YSK: You are so much like me, even wearing socks to sleep.

SB: All my life, I thought I would never have a mother, never have a chance to call someone my own mom. Thank you for becoming my mother, I love you.

SK: Thank you for coming. You are a man with good conscience, even paid for my share of the fines. Write down you account no. I'll wire the money back to you as soon as possible.

TY: I'm sorry about last night.][sK: Let me introduce myself. my name is Dr. C].

TY: Really, I passed my doctorate dissertation too not long ago, which is your special field?

SK: Social welfare. In this complicated and corrupted society, many responsible things to take care, call me any time. Bye.

YH: Yes, mom, GM and I are leaving now. Of course, I have the camcorder too.

SY: ok, see you later. Where did you go?]{TY: just around, where are mom and dad?]

GM: What a beautiful day!][TP: I'll stay home; there are people I don't want to see.]

YSK: You've done nothing wrong, why do you have to hide from them?

TY: No, mom, it's not like that, I just don't want to go.][DJ: Alright, let's go}

Mr. Kim: I'm from Lohas, Madam sends me to escort you to the wedding hall with a limo.

DJ: Limo.][sY: Wow, this is a Hugh car. Mom, SB marries to a rich family.]

YSK: She's afraid to see us come in with a truck.

MJ: BJ, do you have HS's hanbok with you? By now, the Kim's should be riding in the limo and not in TP's delivery truck.

DG: Do you still have a fever? Not over with the flu yet, before we go to the wedding, let's stop over the hospital and get a shot.

YS: That fellow dumps your daughter, why are we going to his wedding?

DG: Let pass, be pass. My niece is getting married, as an uncle I need to congratulate her.

YS: Your brother is funny, one wedding per month. With TPs' scandals and gossips still spreading around town, they start another wedding? Wish that something bad happens, so next month they'll start another wedding with both kids marrying at the same time. SUB, why are you attending her wedding? You should be jealous and angry about this whole thing. Go, you guys go, I'll go to the hospital and have a check-up ... oh, my head...my head hurts.

Hospital nurse tells YS to come back in two days for the result of the tests.NKW asks YS why she’s in internal medicine clinic. She complains about flu-like symptoms, gastric problems and fever.

NKW asks if she is going to HS's wedding.

SB: I think it's best to change back to the wedding gown that my MIL picks.

Clerk: It can't be done, that gown's been picked up by another client.

SB: You mean that is the only one you have.

SY: SIL, this one is beautiful, hurry, go and I'll carry the rest of your stuffs with me.

(SB's phone rings) SY: Hello][sK: Is this the cell phone of KSB?]

SY: Yes, who is this?][sK: I would like to speak to KSB.]

SY: It's going to be difficult; today is her wedding day, very busy. If this is urgent, tell me and I'll convey the message.][sK: Oh, her wedding, it's KSB's wedding]

SY: Yes, my SIL's wedding, who are you? Looking for my SIL?

SK: Madam, the girl in the picture is probably the missing daughter you're looking for.

End^.~

Archived