[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest nysophia_x_ii

Oh i hope DW burn in hell heh. Nah honestly his a selfish brat who DC should just cast aside. I hope he wont let DW run all over him. Also is he working for teasung group now? What about being a prosecutor, im pretty sure u cant be both, other prosecutor should start being a bit suspicious.

yeah, im getting really mad at dw also. he's not seeing things through and just rampaging because MH has gone to the lee family. he's working for taesung now and trying to prevent DC from touching taesung. DW tells DC to leave taesung alone and to stop all the emnities now. DC gets really pisses, saying, "How can you say that and call me hyung at the same time?!"

i'm kinda in disbelief of DW... i really dont see how he could change THAT MUCH. it was a little bit OD. i wonder how this is gonna end..... :crazy:

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest papasmurf

Lee Dong Wook does not deserve that Lee name. He doesn't know how hard Dong Chul worked to get his richard simmons out, and send him to school so he can become a prosecutor attorney. He and Myun Hoon should change their name now. As you can see Lee Dong Wook has changed for the worst so i don't even bother calling him Dong Wook anymore

yeah, im getting really mad at dw also. he's not seeing things through and just rampaging because MH has gone to the lee family. he's working for taesung now and trying to prevent DC from touching taesung. DW tells DC to leave taesung alone and to stop all the emnities now. DC gets really pisses, saying, "How can you say that and call me hyung at the same time?!"

i'm kinda in disbelief of DW... i really dont see how he could change THAT MUCH. it was a little bit OD. i wonder how this is gonna end..... :crazy:

Lee Dong Wook does not deserve that Lee name. He doesn't know how hard Dong Chul worked to get his richard simmons out, and send him to school so he can become a prosecutor attorney. He and Myun Hoon should change their name now. As you can see Lee Dong Wook has changed for the worst so i don't even bother calling him Dong Wook anymore

it's really interesting reading soompiers' opinions regarding DW it's about the same accuracy as the korean boards as well regarding DW...everyone is really not liking him now, so hats off to the writer and the actor YJH for performing really well in turning a dark DW...

EOE surely does carry a load of heavy talents of acting for us all, the audience to behold :rolleyes:

Guest nysophia_x_ii

it's really interesting reading soompiers' opinions regarding DW it's about the same accuracy as the korean boards as well regarding DW...everyone is really not liking him now, so hats off to the writer and the actor YJH for performing really well in turning a dark DW...

EOE surely does carry a load of heavy talents of acting for us all, the audience to behold :rolleyes:

i agree. at the end of 48, when YJH makes that disgusted face and says "SHIN MYUNG HOON" i was like O.O whooaaaaaa....he just totally captured the emotions of DW perfectly. it was superb acting.

Guest SSHsaranghae

Oh my, Mr. Guk is ill and YoungRan faked her pregnancy. Will DongChul and YoungRan finally be able to be together now? :tears: they deserve to be together after sacrificing so much for each other, but nonetheless I still believe they will find the way to be together. And DongWook has become really mean towards DongChul hasn't he? I loved how MyungHoon kept on holding his mother's hand as he was laying down, so touching.

Guest Greenrose934

Epi 48

The duck DW ,he got DNA from ugly duck SHIN from now is leaving the chicken family Lee where they devoted their life for him ,he jumps in a lake ( swiming and turning his tail to his old chicken family Lee .)

C' est la vie ! :sweatingbullets:

okay i am more than aware that this is a fictional drama but never in my life have i wanted so badly to jump into the television screen and knock some sense into someone. DW has crossed the line way too many times now and each time DC just takes it. I guess DC really is his fathers son in being able to embrace both good and bad people. Not that i think that dw is bad, i think hes more confused as to his place in the families and is understandably upset and hurt by the situation. However i do wonder how much longer DC is going to continue to tolerate DW.........oh well I for one cant wait for the next episode and to see how everything unravells in the finale.

Guest kchild702

• DW went to meet DC at his office. They argue perhaps about Guk, STH-and the case. DW teared, DC looks sad?? DC recalled the time when DW was framed for murder and DC had to do illegal money handling for Guk. Did DC actually tell DW about this or was it only DC flashback?? Please help translate. thanks

Ep.47 Here u go savingwork:

About that question u asked

• DW went to meet DC at his office. They argue perhaps about Guk, STH-and the case. DW teared, DC looks sad?? DC recalled the time when DW was framed for murder and DC had to do illegal money handling for Guk. Did DC actually tell DW about this or was it only DC flashback?? Please help translate. thanks

He is investigating that money laundering DC did for GUK. He don’t know DC did it for his sake.

I’ll cut it short.

DC: If that money I launder turns out to be the brother of special prosecutor Lee Dong Wook, then all that u fought for could collapse in a blink of an eye, is that what your saying?

DW: …………..That’s right.. I can’t just sit and take a hit.

DC: take a hit?

DW: u already know y do u ask? It’s still not to late, tell me the truth. DW mentions his career is on the line.

DC: really then I really can’t tell u, find out for yourself.

DC, didn’t wanted to tell him that he launder that money for his sake, kuzz if that turns out to be true that DC did it for his brother, DW’s career is over.

DW: Okay, then tell me why, who did you do it for and how did u launder the money. I’m south Korean prosecutor and if there’s any unlawful dealing’s I have to bring out the truth.

DC: still refuses and wut u saw wuz a flash back and DC wuz saying it to himself:

(I transfer Guk's money for your sake. When my brother Lee dong wookie got arrested for attempted murder of President Oh, I launder that money to save your Prosecutor career.)

This is what DW doesn’t’ know, and DC don’t want him to know.

Guest kchild702

Thanks everyone for pictures from ep 48 giving us some insights as to what is going on. :D

I’m sad that my connection was completely bad and I only got to watch the last scenes. :tears:

Many questions come to mind regarding this ep, if anyone has any idea/answers that would be great? :blush:

-Why did DW decide to investigate TS, isn’t he working on Guk case and the corruption issues?

-What did MH say to DW in the last scene to help DC, what was his secrete weapon so to speak :lol: He looks very confident ?

-Do DC and DW know that it was Guk who sent men after STH or are they still accusing DC?

-Is it me or does it seem like DW has turn completely against DC?

Thanks.^_^

I know DW hates MH, but don’t you agree that in the last scene it seems like he really, really cannot stand the sight of MH calling him SHIN MH?

(DW vs. MH reminds me of JH vs. YCH; so much hatred between those people for different reasons. They really need to learn to live & forgive even though it’s hard to do so).

Seems like now eoe is focusing more on DW-DC-MH conflict. (or is it more like DW vs DC&MH!!)

Ep.48 brief summary

Bekuzz after that heated argument with DC and plus he is going where he truly belongs.

The last scene how MH saves the day is bekuzz what he said he did 4 yrs ago by coercing that han company’s president. He’s secret weapon wuz the fact that they used force to make him sign.

Under the law if that is the case then the contract becomes no goodyyyyyyy.

I don't think they know it's GUK sent those people after STH, they are just pointing fingers at DC. I'm sure DW know's who sent those guy's to steal his evidence against GUK, kuzz he saw GUK's man.

It's not just you he did turn aginst DC

remember the argument they had at GUK's house?

After the heated exchange between Guk and DW

DC and DW got into it.

Member DW said at Guk's house to DC, ur temptation of revenge against STH and STH doing dirty works what's the difference between you and him?

DW also said how far are you gonna go to get ur revenge? If STH dies does that end your conquest?

DW: when I saw STH at the hospital barley alive I felt sad, weather it's becuzz it's blood related or hatred, or a bond between father and son, I felt it's only natural that I feel sad bekuzz it's in humans nature.

DC tells him if it's that much burden on you go on your path.

DW: Go on my path? If that happens it won't be STH you'll be facing, you'll have to face me

He also told him if STH dies who do you think will take his spot? (he basically telling him it’s him)

DW: Give up on Taesung stock

DC: What if I won't? what if I won't (yelling)

DW: I'm in the way, do you really think it will tumble that easily?

DC: what? Ok let's do it. If your that confident let's do it................let me see how far you'll go

After that DW wuz looking through the files of taesung and hansung deals.

^Ya, this is the part that is flaw in the script and plot. The new writer is just turning the original writer's concept of EOE into something so alien. The turning point of the DC and DW could have been dealt with in a better way. The scripts is just so silly .The DC personality will never do that or say that to" his brother" if it had been writer Na's work.. Just inconsistency from the beginning of eoe plot.

Guest savingwork

Ep.47 Here u go savingwork:

About that question u asked..........

Ep.48 brief summary........

Thanks very much kchild702 :D for your response; that's so sweet of you to help me :blush: .You saved me with your translations,million thanks :blush: . The changes in the characters is completely confusing (since i have to wait for Eng trans), and in the past episodes, understanding the conversation is crucial in understanding the characters hearts and why they behave the way they do?

But i got to admit it was really hard and tiring to watch ep 48 :( , i had to constantly remind myself don't worry, it'll be a happy ending based on the rumors, we will again see DC-DW lovely brotherhood bond ;) . That is the only think keeping me watching!!

^_^

^Ya, this is the part that is flaw in the script and plot. The new writer is just turning the original writer's concept of EOE into something so alien. The turning point of the DC and DW could have been dealt with in a better way. The scripts is just so silly .The DC personality will never do that or say that to" his brother" if it had been writer Na's work.. Just inconsistency from the beginning of eoe plot.

I completely agree with you xcesna. And this is the part that has been bothering me as well. While its true that DW's behavior towards DC is getting more and more as a DC-Prosecutor confrontation instead of DC- DW Brother confrontation. They are acting more and more like aliens to one another :tears: :fury: . And most recently, it changed into a DC-STH's Son confrontation. :crazy:

Back to your point xcesna

I still don't understand why DC just doesn't tell DW that he "launder that money for his sake"? (at least it would have rekindled the trust between brothers and I felt that DW would have done anything to help out his Hyung) . Won't the truth come out anyway/? Eventually, somehow DW will know why DC did that? won't it be better if DC was the one to tell DW? DW offered to help many time before ( I believe when DC was summoned into the office, DW yelled at him why didn't you tell me if i had known I wouldn't have let you come?Why? then "his famous most repetitive quote" becasue I'm not your true brother?)

Then we have DW's behavior in ep 48. You see him easily accepting the accusation of DC hurting STH. (well DW might have reasons behind that such as when STH told him he was beaten by DC...)But still, under normal conditions, and let's not ignore DW temperamental personality, DW should not have accused DC until he has done further investigation. But what is bothersome is that even JH easily believed the secretary's story without further questioning? What is going on with JH's character??(she's another story <_< ).

Lastly, I cannot forget about YCH-DW-MH scene ep47. Would the old YCH let DW leave just like that?even if he is being unreasonable/childish (who isn't when it comes to parent-child relationship), Did she really let him go for his own benefit? I don't' know :tears: , I'm kind of sad and mad that she did not tell him to stay. Maybe I'm used to the old strong YCH-her character. But it bothers me that both YCH and DC behavior regardless of their real intentions made me feel as if they gave up on DW.

These are just observations, and I am trying really hard not to judge any of the characters' actions (although it seems I might have done so unconsciously!! :sweatingbullets: ) because I think I need to wait for upcoming episodes to fully understand the motivation behind their actions. I felt that ep 47-48 are beginning of a new chapter when the previous chapter hasn't been closed yet!! For example, what happened to DW selling the story of TS corruption to the new reporter, I thought that meant he is ready to prosecute STH? Is DW giving up already on that now that he is feeling bond with father STH? or is DW working behind the scene to bringing STH to justice and surprise us :Djust like the fake pregnancy? :lol: (you can tell i have high hopes, maybe i shouldn't lest I'd be disappointed!!) If that is so it would be more like DW character-adamant on finding justice even if he has to prosecute the president or His own father STH or even his brother DC?? Don't you agree? At least that was the old DW- Butwhere are we going now :blink: ?? Waiting for Monday patiently ^_^

^ savingwork Your analysis is so good . It is way confusing right now. The plot just do not seem to fit into the original concept of writer NA story of EOE as someone pointed out earlier.Just so disappointing but I have to say YJH and PHJ acting on the last scene is just classic and good.Waiting for more insight

Guest kchild702

Thanks very much kchild702 :D for your response; that's so sweet of you to help me :blush: .You saved me with your translations,million thanks :blush: . The changes in the characters is completely confusing (since i have to wait for Eng trans), and in the past episodes, understanding the conversation is crucial in understanding the characters hearts and why they behave the way they do?

But i got to admit it was really hard and tiring to watch ep 48 :( , i had to constantly remind myself don't worry, it'll be a happy ending based on the rumors, we will again see DC-DW lovely brotherhood bond ;) . That is the only think keeping me watching!!

^_^

I completely agree with you xcesna. And this is the part that has been bothering me as well. While its true that DW's behavior towards DC is getting more and more as a DC-Prosecutor confrontation instead of DC- DW Brother confrontation. They are acting more and more like aliens to one another :tears: :fury: . And most recently, it changed into a DC-STH's Son confrontation. :crazy:

Back to your point xcesna

I still don't understand why DC just doesn't tell DW that he "launder that money for his sake"? (at least it would have rekindled the trust between brothers and I felt that DW would have done anything to help out his Hyung) . Won't the truth come out anyway/? Eventually, somehow DW will know why DC did that? won't it be better if DC was the one to tell DW? DW offered to help many time before ( I believe when DC was summoned into the office, DW yelled at him why didn't you tell me if i had known I wouldn't have let you come?Why

ur welcome savingwork

The reason he can't tell is bekuzz u know dong wooks personality he goes by law. law law law all this boy thinks about is living under the rule of law. remember when hyerin pull strings and got dong wook out and he got mad? that's hez character a law biding citizien.

if he tell's that to dongwook that (I Lee Dong Chul did money laundering for Lee Dong Wook) wut do u think DW would do? and how do u think he'll feel. I think the writer is saving this part for the last. He won't be able to go on with the guk's case that whole team is doing, and he'z the major one rushing it, so if he says he won't work on the case all of all sudden then he'll be out of job, kuzz u can't just quit like that u gotta have a damn goood reason for quting.

DC also told him that u can be off the LEE's family charter leagally, we'll take your name out in family's charter. that's the only way DW can go on and find out the truth and prosecute, kuzz realilty hez not DC real brother by blood.

DW have no idea that DC wuz threaten about DW's career as prosecutor by chun tokbo, that if he don't do the job DW won't become a prosecutor.

legally in korea they can block DW from becoming prosecutor or any government position, bekuzz he wuz a protestor against the government. In korea that is a big crime but DW got off easy kuzz of DC. Without DC's help DW would never have been special prosecutor or any kind of government job.

man this drama is like a puzzle or jeopardy where we have to guess and make us confusse

Archived