[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest nice2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Han Ji-hye's New Year message "To advance and leap forward in the new year"

(Chinese translation from HJH Baidu.)

Han Ji-hye of East of Eden has delivered her New Year message.

During the 2008 MBC Drama Awards ceremony held on the 30th, Han Ji-hye, who was awarded the Female Excellence Award, expressed, "I feel that 2008 will be an unforgettable year. It's not only because I have found my position as an actress, it's even more so because I have found a direction to advance in from now on."

Following that, she resolved, "To an actor, the character in a drama is the most important piece of clothing. Through the character of Ji-hyun in East of Eden, I have gotten a precious present. But instead of being satisfied with one piece of clothing, I will continue advancing to become an actress who can assimilate many different kinds of clothing."

Han Ji-hye also said, "If 2008 was a cornerstone for new challenges, then I will do my best to make 2009 a springboard for leaping forward." At the same time, she didn't forget her New Year wishes: "I hope to use better acting skills which everyone can feel for to return the love I have received throughout the whole of this year. Although people have been feeling unusually down at the end of the year due to the economic downturn, I sincerely pray that it will become a time to reflect on the past, to look forward and to make resolutions for the coming year 2009."

After acting in the KBS1 drama Likeable or Not which had a record average ratings of 40%, Han Ji-hye has again successfully transformed into the tragic heroine caught between two men living different lives in East of Eden.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much !!!

:) 'tortiz_29' for translations and everyone for all posts.

This new year I'm happiness mostly that I post and talk at here

and have many great news for Han Ji Hye. :)

Happy New Year ! 2009

hh2.jpg

Thanks Thanks Thanks !!!

:):):)

kdramafanusa for trans news, cutiepie for download files , Luv for screen caps , 1234/maccay/sheherizade3 for MVs, rafaelle/luthien/lilcrash/melyssa/rome jyap/ripqal for all posts, narya/lamode/ck9705 for trans JH/MH cut every episodes and everyone

Love ! SOOMPI

:D

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest edenlove

i guess he didn't really fit any catergories.....He play the young DC so he should be in the child star catergories, but since he's too old...(only a couple of years younger than LYH)...he should be in the New Comer catergories....but because he was in EoE for only 5 episode.....not an on-going cast so......beside it would also means that he would be compete against PHJ.

More accurately, KB was only casted in Ep 3-5 (3 episodes).

Guest marvie_carl

PICTURES FROM THE OFFICAL HOMEPAGE

The Happiest Bride.. Lee Ki Soon

east_photo08123017170514HUMANISTPAR.jpg

east_photo08123017170514HUMANIST-1.jpg

east_photo08123017170514HUMANIST-2.jpg

east_photo08123017170337HUMANISTPAR.jpg

east_photo08123017170337HUMANIST-1.jpg

east_photo08123017170337HUMANIST-2.jpg

east_photo08123017170337HUMANIST-3.jpg

east_photo08123017170337HUMANIST-4.jpg

east_photo08123016165934HUMANISTPAR.jpg

east_photo08123016165934HUMANIST-1.jpg

east_photo08123016165934HUMANIST-2.jpg

The Happy Wedding... with Dong Chul oppa..

east_photo08123018180633HUMANISTPAR.jpg

east_photo08123018180039HUMANIST-1.jpg

east_photo08123018180039HUMANIST-4.jpg

east_photo08123018180039HUMANIST-2.jpg

east_photo08123018180039HUMANIST-3.jpg

east_photo08123018180039HUMANIST-4.jpg

east_photo08123018180633HUMANIST-1.jpg

east_photo08123018180633HUMANIST-2.jpg

east_photo08123018180633HUMANIST-3.jpg

east_photo08123018180633HUMANIST-4.jpg

The Groom...

east_photo08123017175625HUMANISTPAR.jpg

east_photo08123017175625HUMANIST-1.jpg

Ommonim...

east_photo08123017171804HUMANIST-1.jpg

east_photo08123017172317HUMANISTPAR.jpg

east_photo08123017171804HUMANISTPAR.jpg

Young Ran unni...

east_photo08123017175022HUMANIST-1.jpg

east_photo08123017175022HUMANISTPAR.jpg

Dong Wook oppa...

east_photo08123017174843HUMANIST-1.jpg

east_photo08123017174145HUMANISTPAR.jpg

east_photo08123017174843HUMANISTPAR.jpg

Hye Rin unni...

east_photo08123017174500HUMANIST-1.jpg

east_photo08123017174500HUMANISTPAR.jpg

east_photo08123017172807HUMANISTPAR.jpg

east_photo08123017172807HUMANIST-1.jpg

Guest queeniekitten

Aw, I've very seldom replied to this thread, more interested in reading, but so much has happened since before Christmas...

I'm personally VERY disappointed that Lee Dae Hee is leaving - each to their own, but I really loved her character in the series and was looking forward to the brothers fighting for her love. The storyline sounded so good in the posters and I even bothered to join Soompi just for the sake of following it up, but can't believe HR is pulling out. IMO, I personally think that the writer erred in putting so much emphasis on DC-YR at the start if HR was 'meant' to be the lead between LDC and LDW, so much in fact to make it impossible for HR to just 'come in' afresh after the beach incident and be that 'in between' woman. So if I were LDH, I guess I'd probably do the same thing - it's NOT a matter of irresponsibility at all - the way that KBC films their series, it gives actresses a choice each week whether they want to continue and why should she have to endure being second fiddle when she was promised the lead role.

And to be honest, I watched EOE to start with because I thought to myself, OMG, SSH and LDH in the same series! But kinda deceiving really, felt a bit like MBC just used LDH to attract attention to the drama. I'm neutral toward LYH, because in all honesty, her acting is mediocre but she's really pretty, so she might just pull off the role of YR ok. However it's a shame she's essentially taken on the lead female role of such a grand production - the awards she took out at the ceremony pretty much would've been what's expected of a female lead in EOE. They were awarded because the storyline development made her and SSH's story really popular with the audience, making it even less possible ot put HR between LDW and LDC - a BIG script error.

I think maybe korean dramas just should not be filmed as they're airing. If they'd actually written the ENTIRE script first like in HK dramas, then they could avoid this - actors/actresses would know the outcome/screentime etc without disputes. If need be it, then just refilm any little bits they want to change later.

I think maybe korean dramas just should not be filmed as they're airing. If they'd actually written the ENTIRE script first like in HK dramas, then they could avoid this - actors/actresses would know the outcome/screentime etc without disputes. If need be it, then just refilm any little bits they want to change later.

maybe that's the source of the whole problem...

but in any case...if i recalled it right in the 2003 MBC drama Damo...HJW's character was supposed to end up with KMJ's character (a story of forbidden love, they were brother and sister), however, due to the chemistry and of HJW and LSJ getting a lot of support (call it shippers :lol: )...the production crew change the direction from the original plot to some extent...

that's how i remembered it...i could be wrong :sweatingbullets:

and i'm sure there are other examples out there too

Guest danceplaylove

I made goodies for you guys (well for Dong Chul and Young Ran fans....). ^^

4r7rk7.jpgdqqnd.jpg2quqft1.jpgddz7e1.jpg

Use icons with credit. ^^

Wallpaper for hotness. - for personal use only

xc9nqf.jpg

picture credits- east of eden thread. ^^

I made goodies for you guys (well for Dong Chul and Young Ran fans....). ^^

Wallpaper for hotness. - for personal use only

xc9nqf.jpg

picture credits- east of eden thread. ^^

waaahhhhhhhhhh :blink:

how do you blend it like that?? sooo cleann!! :o

someone here took a course in graphics design ;)

Guest kazenai

Aw, I've very seldom replied to this thread, more interested in reading, but so much has happened since before Christmas...

I'm personally VERY disappointed that Lee Dae Hee is leaving - each to their own, but I really loved her character in the series and was looking forward to the brothers fighting for her love. The storyline sounded so good in the posters and I even bothered to join Soompi just for the sake of following it up, but can't believe HR is pulling out. IMO, I personally think that the writer erred in putting so much emphasis on DC-YR at the start if HR was 'meant' to be the lead between LDC and LDW, so much in fact to make it impossible for HR to just 'come in' afresh after the beach incident and be that 'in between' woman. So if I were LDH, I guess I'd probably do the same thing - it's NOT a matter of irresponsibility at all - the way that KBC films their series, it gives actresses a choice each week whether they want to continue and why should she have to endure being second fiddle when she was promised the lead role.

And to be honest, I watched EOE to start with because I thought to myself, OMG, SSH and LDH in the same series! But kinda deceiving really, felt a bit like MBC just used LDH to attract attention to the drama. I'm neutral toward LYH, because in all honesty, her acting is mediocre but she's really pretty, so she might just pull off the role of YR ok. However it's a shame she's essentially taken on the lead female role of such a grand production - the awards she took out at the ceremony pretty much would've been what's expected of a female lead in EOE. They were awarded because the storyline development made her and SSH's story really popular with the audience, making it even less possible ot put HR between LDW and LDC - a BIG script error.

I agree with you but with that said do you thing that , if LDH stayed ....She'd be paired up with SSH for MBC best couple...because now we all know that Young ran will definately end up with dong chul ( some fans will be happy others will still be like "OMGGG LDH was better..bla blah..."_

and to be honest I don't get why many (i should say most) LDH fans are getting this "hate" towards LYH...... it's absurd...NO ONE was angry with her when she got paired up with Hyun Bin in "a millionaire's first love" many people loved her ....NOW all because ppl paid too much attention to LDH being casted in EoE and saying things like "omg ! ssh with ldh !!! omo omo otk !"(of coursei am exagerating cuz not every1 said that) LYH 's character which was suppose to be lovable (as she is tsundre) is also X'd out by many viewers.

I really don't know why they hate Young ran...Her story and character pairs up wonderfully with LDC....you can hate LYH but don't hate the charcter Young ran unless you have a legitimate reason (the acting is LYH but the story is YR)

am glad EoE entered the 30s in viewership ^.^ BTW , i messaged YA entertainment a long time ago and they are palnning to bring EoE in NA !! :)

am glad EoE entered the 30s in viewership ^.^ BTW , i messaged YA entertainment a long time ago and they are palnning to bring EoE in NA !! :)

ooooo hopefully it all works out

and of all places i heard that some people in iraq (those who finally got good internet connections) are watching EOE online :lol: congrats to them!!!

EOE is loved by people in many countries

let's continue to support our stars who are giving 100% effort to make EOE a wonderful drama for us all

Can someone explain to me why Gook Young Ran refuses to call Lee Dong Chul anything other than ahjussi? I understand it's a way of address an older male but considering their relationship shouldn't she call him by his name?

it's not that YR refuses to call him by his name, she did call him DCssi several times

literally because of the age difference and it seems that it's stuck on her mind for sentimental reason...the same reason with DC calling her gukja

Guest arinkorin

^

haha, I think it's because she was very young when she met DC at first.

so maybe, it was appropriate to call DC ajusshi?

I think in the recent episodes she calls DC by name.. as in 'Lee Dong Chul-ssi'.

or maybe I didn't hear it right. ehh.

anyhow, I'm not that sure of Korean culture. anyone?

Guest kazenai

ooooo hopefully it all works out

and of all places i heard that some people in iraq (those who finally got good internet connections) are watching EOE online :lol: congrats to them!!!

EOE is loved by people in many countries

let's continue to support our stars who are giving 100% effort to make EOE a wonderful drama for us all

Oh thats cool ! I think EoE has great acting abilities and a lot of people feel the "emotion" therefore no matter what country it is, they will very much enjoy it .....I hope EoE get a very good ending ...all of teh stars have been working hard ...so it will pay off since it'll air in JP and brought to dvd ... so far I've heard 10 ppl sayin they'll buy the dvd

Can someone explain to me why Gook Young Ran refuses to call Lee Dong Chul anything other than ahjussi? I understand it's a way of address an older male but considering their relationship shouldn't she call him by his name?

imo , Young Ran 's nickname for LDC is ahjusshi ....so i think she's use to it ?_?

or the script writer didn't pay attention to that case..

Guest wow! sunshinable^^

hi people~

so, i just started watching this drama a while ago

but who is Janice / Jung Hye-young. . ?

hi people~

so, i just started watching this drama a while ago

but who is Janice / Jung Hye-young. . ?

she is an international lobbyist for the South Korean gov't, one of them being arms dealing

she is in a sense the go between between other countries and South Korea. one prime example is she lobbies with countries like the US to give the South Korean gov't weapons of sorts and in return she facillitates the money from her gov't to the US

she was the wife of Mike's brother who was in the middle of inheritence battle and was murdered. Mike also succumb to death from the same experience.

she is close with President Guk and YR...thus her sympathy for DC and YR to be together...she cares about DC.

she had a past with STH, but he gave her up for power in marrying President Oh's daughter...she's close with President Guk...

hmm...if i forget something someone fill it in :sweatingbullets:

--------------------------------------------

semi-fly, i think the recent one was when they were going to the airport to go to Macau when DC was driving and Guk and YR was sitting in the back...

she said DCssi pull the car over and so that my dad can get off...

i dunno if it's accurate.

Guest kazenai

anyone noticed that janice stopped her "revenge" ? they stopped focusing onher story and went straight to rebecca (who is actually one of my favourite characters)

lol I still don't get why she wears purple contacts in the drama lol......

Guest danceplaylove

^ Yes I did.

Um.. depends if I find the right pictures. I happened to fall in love with those pictures and had an idea.

Guest winddiejongyoon

excuse me, can I ask a stupid question?

At the beginning of the film, why did DC call YR as Gukja??? I missed that part

Sorry for the question :(

Archived