Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

Guest meelis

@sarah.lina, thanks, you rock!!!
In the meantime, the good thing about being stuck in a place with limited or no connectivity was that I had time to translate for you an article I had on my computer. It's from a local site (local to Bretagne in France, I mean) during the filming of  Flowers in Fog, here it is:

Asian stars are filming at the Josselin castle

Clémence OLIVIER.

Y6fc2A.jpg

Joo Jin-Mo, Lin Ruby, Li Sheng, Zhang Rui... These names don‘t sound familiar? However, these actors, models, singers unknown to us in France, are all TV stars in Asia. For several days already, they are filming at the Josselin castle the drama Flowers in Fog to be shown on Chinese TV channels.

Romance of 42 episodes by 46 minutes, it tells the story of a young Chinese student in France who is investigating the death of a friend. The owner of a French castle is the main suspect. « The series is inspired by the book of the famous Taiwanese writer Chiung Yao, explains Jessy Oh, co-producer and designer. This is a story about love, but also about vengeance. »

The castle as decor

The Josselin castle is one of drama‘s main decors. « After locating twenty castles, we finally chose this one, because its architectural style matches perfectly the story », recalls Jessy Oh.

In addition to scenes filmed in Paris, Aquitaine and Vannes, a large part of the series will be located at the Josselin castle. « It‘s a great showcase for our town », says  enthusiastically the owner, Antoinette de Rohan.

The series will be aired on Hunan TV in spring 2013, in China and Korea, with an audience estimated at over 150 millions of spectators for each episode. « It‘s unimaginable for us in France, smiles Yves Cresson, associated director at Bayoo production. In France, we count up to ten millions of viewers. Even for a night of World Cup football ! »

Marriage Asian style

Today, they are filming the final scene at the castle courtyard: a big marriage ceremony with around 90 extras. « People from Josselin, plus 30 to 40 Chinese extras living in Rennes », says Nils Zachariasen, general manager.

It is an opportunity to those who are curious to see such a shoot and to get to know Joo Jin-Mo, the Korean Brad Pitt. « I was told that my stay here wouldn't be totally successful, if I didn't live a love story in France... » Information for the fans !

Link to the article: http://www.ouest-france.fr/des-stars-asiatiques-en-tournage-au-chateau-de-josselin-1292625

~~~~~

Loved the last part! What do you think, wasn't Jin Mo directly flirting with the reporter? :D I don't particularly agree with the Brad Pitt part, he would be the last Western actor I associate JJM to, but hey, if it's her perception, I don't mind. :D

Plus, I knew there was a "french connection" in his sudden change of attitude towards marriage ;), he even said that in that Dior Japanese interview, translated by @QuercusL, right? 8-}

@meelis : You know you did so well with your translation that the original article (i'm talking about the grammar and vocabulary) looks a lil lame in front of yours and "I was told that my stay here wouldn't be totally successful, if i didn't live a love story in France" LOL :))

Guest meelis

Hahaha, thank you, @sarah.lina, it's too bad that habit, to embellish to original, but sometimes I can't resist. I try to never do that in my job, it's forbidden.  :D
About: "I was told that my stay here wouldn't be totally successful, if i didn't live a love story in France" , it's revelatory. I do think something happened in France, I'm telling you, not something very very important, just enough for him to reconsider the marriage issue, discuss it with his parents and decide to wait for the "right one".. ;))
Anyway, this is the past already...

Guest lorac

meelis said: ... and don't know why but AFF is the only movie I have 2 copies of - a "regular" 133 min. version and a "director's cut" 143 min. (but as @lorac said, the bath scene isn't here). Should I now look for a third one - "uncut" version? It's getting even crazier. :))

@meelis : i just find why... they called Joo Jin Mo the Korean Brad Pitt, on French Press :

When the film <Happy End> was released, it created a buzz due to the sensational first-ever sex scene by [JEON Do-yeon], who had been loved for her pure image. This acclaimed actress shined in her sensual portrayal of the seductive lady particularly when it was balanced by JOO Jin-mo’s romantic acting. This one impressive love scene put him on the listed of Korea’s hottest men, just as it did for Brad Pitt in <Thelma and Louise>.

https://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/jsp/films/index/peopleMore.jsp?firstMenuID=01&strMenuId=010402&peopleCd=10069182

It's not the only the site, in many other sources... :D even if like you, i'm not a fan of that reference.

Guest meelis

Oh, great, @sarah.lina! So it's because of their breakthrough movies.... Thank you for the info, I was wondering why Brad Pitt, couldn't establish any connection between two men more different from one another... >:D<

Guest meelis

I see!!! =)) Shame on me then, even if I have read the article for Korean film before, I must have forgotten about it. Thank you for solving the Brad Pitt mystery, @sarah.lina.
Anyway, here is a pic I've never seen, plus, 4 layers of white clothes isn't something you see everyday on anybody, in particular on JJM :D:
grR0y1.jpg
© to the owner

Guest meelis

lorac said: meelis said: ... and don't know why but AFF is the only movie I have 2 copies of - a "regular" 133 min. version and a "director's cut" 143 min. (but as @lorac said, the bath scene isn't here). Should I now look for a third one - "uncut" version? It's getting even crazier. :))

@meelis : Oh love those kind of vid or gif here!!!!! i don't even have the uncut version, just the director's cut and i'm not even satisfied with the quality... i was hoping to find a real 720p or cause of Joo Jin Mo a 1080p release because when it's jjm in it, 720p isn't enough. :)) but i didn't find anything.

Ah your kind of thing is bath scene? :>... no seriously i badly want to watch it too, too bad, that damn director cut what could be one of the most exquisite scene! But we should be happy, cause in the movie Kundo (Ha Jung Woo, Kang Dong Won) they cut 30 or 40min of the movie, so 10min is already good.

I will share one link where the blogger has choosen Joo Jin Mo as her hottie of the week (back in February), she fell in love with him after watching Friend 2, so even with a short screentime, that ahjussi still has it :))

http://crazyforkdrama.blogspot.com.es/2014/02/khottie-of-week-joo-jin-mo.html

Guest meelis

Wow, thank you for the link, it's the first time hearing someone has fallen for him in Friend 2, with that old fashioned style and some extra weight on, but yeah... obviously in his case charisma has really nothing to do with age or weight... ;))

Guest ElinaG

meelis said: Wow, thank you for the link, it's the first time hearing someone has fallen for him in Friend 2, with that old fashioned style and some extra weight on, but yeah... obviously in his case charisma has really nothing to do with age or weight... ;))

Guest lorac

A 50-minute behind the scenes was posted in the Viet Nam FC at facebook today. Here is the direct link to the DailyMotion clip. The bath scene is at about 16 minutes. I too, want to know the dialogue for some of the scenes that didn't make the cut. And Saralina, I though I sent you a link to the Director's Cut. Did you not get it?
And for the blog link posed and their comment, “He’s got a pretty big filmography, but unfortunately, it’s filled with stuff I don’t want to see,” I'm not sure what films they would find objectionable. I can't think of one!
What's also amazing about this behind-the-scenes is we get to watch the man at work, his intensity while filming a scene and then coming back to reality with his clownish nature. A joke in not far behind a dramatic scene. Keeps him sane, I think.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22fjvc_a-frozen-flower-making-film_shortfilms

Guest ElinaG

lorac said: A 50-minute behind the scenes was posted in the Viet Nam FC at facebook today. Here is the direct link to the DailyMotion clip. The bath scene is at about 16 minutes. I too, want to know the dialogue for some of the scenes that didn't make the cut. And Saralina, I though I sent you a link to the Director's Cut. Did you not get it?
What's also amazing about this behind-the-scenes is we get to watch the man at work, his intensity while filming a scene and then coming back to reality with his clownish nature. A joke in not far behind a dramatic scene. Keeps him sane, I think.

Guest meelis

ElinaG said: lorac said: A 50-minute behind the scenes was posted in the Viet Nam FC at facebook today. Here is the direct link to the DailyMotion clip. The bath scene is at about 16 minutes. I too, want to know the dialogue for some of the scenes that didn't make the cut. And Saralina, I though I sent you a link to the Director's Cut. Did you not get it?

About A Frozen Flower Making Film, i died laughing when JJM opened the sliding doors and said : "Hong Limmie... Where are you Hong Limmie?" =)) =))

el3d61.png

Or when JIS was shooting his part playing the geomungo and JJM was making fun of him and making the staff laughing thus JIS said at the end of his scene "Aisss this hyung chincha" =))

The scene where he's rehearsing the song, i was like WOW, not only he knows how to play the instrument (i understand now why he was angry in Empress Ki, when he didn't had the note right) but he has made us completely immersed too... and it's not easy for me to be immersed when someone sings.

Guest ElinaG

I loved the part where JJM played"Smoke on the water" with the traditional instrument. he was so cool!
finally I got to watch Fashion 70's. it was really hard to survive first episodes about the war. but it is very romantic drama and very thrilling. I'm in ep 17 now and have no idea how it all will develop. JJM is extremely good looking but again got very dramatic character :-S I would prefer to see him as Jang Bin which actor is really good actually. Girls leads are not so cool but maybe it is only because i really really strait and interested in men only =))

Guest meelis

Maybe I should follow you with Fashion 70', @ElinaG. I finished watching Dream, so I wondered with which drama to go next, so opted for Punch. Unfortunately, the first episode didn't grab my attention at all, I even found all characters annoying, including JJM's and SMA's... To those who have watched it - is it getting better afterwards?Plus, the quality of the copy I downloaded is really really bad, so it didn't help...