Ichigo Mashimaro/strawberry Marshmallow

Guest ~fantasygurl~

Guest ~fantasygurl~

manga/anime/video gameimageimage

Strawberry Marshmallow (苺ましまろ, Ichigo Mashimaro?) is a Japanese manga series by manga creator Barasui about the adventures of four elementary school girls and their older sister-figure.[1] It was created by Barasui for the manga magazine Dengeki Daioh in 2002. In 2005, the series was adapted into an anime series and a PlayStation 2 video game. Three Original video animation episodes were later released in 2007; the first episode went on sale on February 23, 2007.

The Japanese pronunciation for marshmallow is mashumaro (マシュマロ, mashumaro?). The Japanese title of the series is Ichigo Mashimaro (苺ましまろ, Ichigo Mashimaro?). Confusingly, there is a completely different manga titled Ichigo Mashumaro (苺ましゅまろ, Ichigo Mashumaro?).[2]

Summary:

The story suggests that Nobue derives some kind of sensual pleasure from watching the girls do cute things. In this respect, Nobue appears to appreciate the moe aesthetic.[4] She is mostly referred to as onee-chan ("older sister"; although she is related only to Chika, all the girls call her this) or Nobu-onee-chan. It is seen during the anime that Nobue prefers Matsuri and Ana over Chika and Miu.

The Nobue character changed from the manga to the anime. In the manga, she is a sixteen-year-old high school freshman,[5] while in the anime she is a twenty-year-old junior-college student.[6] Her age is presumably changed because of her smoking and drinking habit, both becoming legal in Japan at age twenty. She tends to act somewhat less mature in her manga incarnation, doing things such as tricking Matsuri into thinking that Miu is dead. Her appearance changes radically in the early stages of the manga, especially her hair, which goes from blond to dark brown (and is black in the anime). Her birthday is on October 17.

credits to wikipedia!
Volumes: 7 (Ongoing) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1411Published by: Tokyopop (up to Vol 5)Anime Episodes: 12*This series has also games released

++

i think that this is a really CUTE series and it is a must watch because the first time i watched it, i just wanted to keep watching it over and over again! ^^

so what do you guys out there think about this?? image

• 4 weeks later...
Guest fiveplusohplusone

i remember this!! it's not famous as is inuyasha or love hina etc, but its storyline is cute, especially in the anime. i prefer ichigo mashimaro the anime rather than the manga, though......

Guest KimchiLand

oo i just bought the first book in the manga today! :D i havent read the whole thing yet. but its pretty good. the only thing i dont like is the fact that i find it hard to distinguish the characters (theres so many XD) and like remember whose the 5th grader and whose the freshman etc. its soo cute :D

Archived