[Official] Im Yoon Ah/YoonA (임윤아)

Guest Namine

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest pinkblossom09

my first time to visit in this page :)
never knew this page before not until i saw it today...
must visit this page now from time to time to check for more updates on Yoona :)

Guest yoongia

[TRANS] Never Ending Story of Kpop Princess/Hallyu Queen SNSD’s YoonA

The center of the top girl group of Republic of Korea, the idol of the idols, the dream girl of millions. All these phrases exist because of one person - SNSD’s YoonA

Now SNSD held the throne of the top Kpop girl group , but the journey to earning this title is not easy. 9 members of SNSD have worked hard and there are many tearful stories behind from their debut to becoming a well-known brand

SNSD’s debut is after WG at at the era where there are  hardly any potential girl groups out there. They are the first long-awaited girl group that debut under SM after TVXQ and Super junior are formed.With their unique debut performances, they were able to hold a unique position of their own.

The biggest strength of these 9 girls is that they have very neat and coordinated dance formation that no other groups can match up.
They performed their debut song ‘Into The New World’ with perfect dance choreography and angles which attract the public’s attention greatly. They were able to achieve this result because of the practices they put in regardless of day and night and even listened to the song while sleeping.

The success of SNSD is because they are not over anxious for success, but instead climb their steps up slowly . They displayed variety of looks and music and with the successive hits of ‘Gee’, ‘Genie’, ‘Hoot’ etc, they have already climbed their way up to the ‘National idol’ position

The most unique part of SNSD is that the level and range of fans they gathered is much wider compared to the other singers in the SM. Not only is there children, students, working adults, there are even fans who are seniors or as a family as a whole.

A group with many types of charms, with each member also gathering alot of fans. Not only in music shows, SNSD members’ names can also appeared in variety shows, dramas etc. And among all, the first member who gained public  attention is YoonA who was promoting as an idol singer and also as an actress at the same time.

YoonA acted a supporting role in MBC ‘9 Ends 2 Outs, and as a lead role in KBS1 ‘You Are My Destiny’, MBC ‘Cinderella Man’, KBS2 ‘Love Rain’ displaying an extraordinary existence. Especially in YAMD which is a daily drama and has a very solid audience base, it helps SNSD and YoonA increase their fame and awareness,

Of course, the other members also receive alot of love and SNSD’s name slowly become widespread. The members all excel in areas that they are most suitable for in terms of acting, dancing, hosting etc.SNSD members are able to receive double the love in their name and SNSD as a whole.

Even so,it is a fact that in the midst of this, YoonA possessed unique charms and personality. She is able to hold the solid spot as the center of SNSD, the top girl group of the Republic of Korea. So, how and when is YoonA’s charms discovered?

» Becoming the center of SNSD at the age of 13

Her beautiful outer appearance is evident when YoonA was still a child so naturally people will have the thinking that ‘she must be scouted on the street’ however it is not true in reality. She always give people the conception that she is someone that can be a celebrity easily yet unexpectedly she is someone who is constantly and repeatedly practicing to get where she is today.

Since second grade, YoonA grown up watching S.E.S, and she has since dream of becoming a singer. YoonA was casted from SM Saturday Open Casting Audition which is even harder than getting into a large corporation. But this does not means that she will be able to debut. From 2002, 13 years old YoonA started out as a trainee in SM and until 2007 where she debut with ‘Into The New World’, YoonA spent everyday doing nothing but constant training

Even though her long trainee life was tiring, but there is no scenarios of her bullying the new trainees before. Jang Hajin, the then SM trainee who got into Kaist wrote In an autobiography “Tell Me Your Wish" mentioning how good tempered and friendly YoonA is.

Jang Hajin first impression of YoonA is “Too beautiful” “She must be a Barbie doll” She also said “Just seeing her will make one happy, she is kind in nature, i have never seen her speaking bad of others before, always giving and compromising, and like to laugh alot. In the 3 years as trainee, i have never seen her throwing temper on anyone” praising YoonA that she is as beautiful on the inside as outside.

"Compared to others, she lack of greed and is not ambitious at all. Even so, the teachers always praise her for being excel in everything she do. Recalling like this she is different from her appearance. She is someone who is easy going and like to do comedic things, impersonating gagman and like to prank, she is a moodmaker. On the contrary, when she is alone, she is someone who has alot of deep thoughts. I like the unnie like this"

In the midst of her lengthy trainee years, YoonA will keep her sufferings and tiredness to herself and her inner mindset changed gradually. She has especially low self-esteem when it come to her low voice. She did not has outstanding singing skills or exceptional beautiful voice, so she began to doubt if she is able to debut as a singer or not.

The one who held YoonA back when she was thinking of giving upsinger career to pursue in acting career is SM’s dance choreographer Shim Jae Won. He told her that it will be a waste to give up of becoming a singer with her outstanding dancing skills. And because of Shim Jae won’s insights, SNSD with YoonA as the center is able to gain the title of having in sync dance and shone like he said.

YoonA has a long and thin body and is often nicknamed as Sika deer (flower deer), she possess surprisingly high dancing ability. YoonA who has both outstanding outer appearance and great dancing skills naturally become the center of SNSD. Among members, Yuri and YoonA both possess good dancing skills plus with their long and flexbile limbs, earning compliments from fans that their body line are really beautiful.

With YoonA in SNSD’s special stages, the dancing portion shine even more. YoonA is also picked by Shim Jae Won as the best female dancer in SM. Of course dancing is subjective and based on individual assessment, but however it is without a doubt that YoonA’s dancing ability has been recognized.

One of the reasons why YoonA received so much attention is no doubt her beautiful face. This is evident from the numerous surveys conducted. Prettiest idol that will still look the same after 50 years, Beautiful idol selected by idols,Female celebrites who are like Cosmos bipinnatus and other surveys, YoonA’s name will always appear.

In year 2012, YoonA crowned as the #1 for the female celebrity that reminds you of First Love, beating Moon Geun Young, Suzy, Han Gain etc.. With her long hair, pure image and slender body, topping with her fresh charms, she is loved by guys of all ages.

Such popularity is not limited to just in Korea. YoonA was voted by netizens as the ‘Top most beautiful Asian woman’ in china’s portal site Baidu. In 2013, she was also crowned first place in ‘Top 10 Asian beauty’ survey conducted . Of course, as both surveys are conducted in China, it may not be error-free, but YoonA’s high popularity is an undeniable fact.

One may become arrogant with immerse love and popularity. Many celebrities’ called an end to their popularity after making one mistake. But while gaining popularity, YoonA is also mindful of her own actions, hence her popularity increased day by day.

"I also want to go to the movies or meet up with my friends.But because i am under the eyes of the public, i can’t do all these freely. But these are the weights one has to carry as  a celebrity. The love fans gave me make me feel really blissful", YoonA expressed her thoughts in an interview. And like she said, a celebrity must be responsible for his/her own actions.

YoonA started charity work way earlier than anyone else. During the early days of her debut when she was still a minor, YoonA already started donationg through World Vision. She also took part in many overseas volunteer work and donations helping the less unfortunate silently. People only came to know of these at a much later period when it was revealed by others.

When she heard that a disabled student is a fan of her, she took time out of her busy schedule to pay him a visit and cheered him on. All these are later revealed by the Foundation. YoonA has always been doing charity works quietly.

» From ‘Saebyuk’ to ‘Nam Da Jung’

In year 2007, YoonA was introduced to the audience gradually through MBC ‘9 Ends 2 Outs’ and KBS2 ‘Upstoppable Marriage’. And through  KBS1 ‘You Are My Destiny’, YoonA successfully became a household name. The advantage of a daily drama is that it has a stable and solid viewers base. Thus, the ahjummas and the seniors have Jang Saebyuk clearly engraved in their mind.

'You Are My Destiny' is a love story of a orphan Jang Saebyuk (YoonA) and Kang Hose, the son of big company that specialize in kitchen sets. At first glance it is a obvious Cinderella story. However, viewers show an enthusiatic response towards the triangle relationship with the second male lead Kim Tae Poong (Lee JiHoon) and are attracted by the gradual intensive plot. With such influence, it is natural that the audience gave such a huge support towards positive Saebyuk.

At that time,SNSD is not as popular as their title of National idol now especially among the elderlys, but just the mention of ‘Saebyuk’ everyone will think of YoonA. With this, ‘You Are My Destiny’s ratings reached as high as more than 40%. It also allows YoonA to establish herself as an actress even more firmly. She also received good results such as winning Best New Actress award and popularity award in Baeksangs Art Awards and also Best New Actress and Netizen award in KBS Drama Awards

The next challenge is MBC ‘Cinderella Man’ but the result of the drama is a little bit regretful. SBS’s ‘City Hall’ which aired on the same timeslot is very popular, resulting in the rating of ‘Cinderella Man’ to remain low. The drama is about graduate from Paris fashion design school who because of her father’s death, have to take up the huge debt left by his father. Thus she had to work in Dongdaemun Market, in the end discovering Dongdaemum’s charms. Even though it has an interesting plot, but there are still a few regrets.

During the press conference for ‘Cinderella Man’, YoonA expressed: “I have ambition to do well, but because of the insufficient preparation time, it is abit regretful. Juggling between acting and SNSD’s activities, so it is evident that i lack of sufficient preparation.” Not being able to display the kind of acting skills she want made her depressed.

YoonA is always full of energy on the filming set. “YoonA is the energy pill, so no matter how difficult it is, with YoonA around the atmosphere is immediately revived. As YoonA is acting as a designer so she is always in contact with sewing machine everyday and also practice harder in her drawing in order to display better acting skills.” PD Yeo Jeong-joon gave YoonA such enthusiastic and high remarkers

Yeo PD also expressed his expectations on YoonA: “YoonA’s acting has rich emotions, i am anticipating that she will become a very good actress” Even though she received such compliments from experts but the rating of the drama did not allow it to shine.

Because KBS2 ‘Love Rain’ were led by Asia prince Jang Geun Suk and Asia beauty YoonA, it has became a hot topic before its broadast. Moreover, this drama is the collaboration of director Yoon Seok-ho and scriptwriter Oh Soo-yeon after ‘Autumn Fairytale’ and ‘Winter Sonata’ hence it attract even more attention.

Jang geun suk and YoonA through ‘Love Rain’, portrayed pure love in the 70’s and young love in the modern era. This drama talked about the love that was passed down from his father to the modern era. Both of them have to play two different roles in the drama which is refreshing, however the public put more interests in the rating of the drama.

'You Are My Destiny' yielded more than 40% in viewership ratings, but in 'Cinderella Man' it only yielded a single digit rating and it is the same situation now. In 'Cinderella Man' as there isn't sufficient time to prepare well, there is some regrets in terms of acting. However there is a higher sense of responsibility for this drama. YoonA expressed frankly: “I prepared hard for this drama as an actress, putting the rating aside, i received positive remarks around me and words of encouragement, so i gained alot of strength”

In actual fact, ‘Love Rain’ barely maintained its rating at 5% But because of its scenic settings, it has gained quite a portion of fans. The space and atmosphere portraying two different eras, the love stories of two eras also attracted viewers.

In the recent broadcast of KBS2 ‘Prime Minister & I’, YoonA shown more stable acting skills. As the role in the drama is similar to herself in many ways, YoonA show passion and seem to get rid of many of the burdens that have been weighing her down a long time.

'Prime Minister & I' is a romance comedy drama about a stubborn Prime Minister Kwon Yul (Lee Bum Soo) and paparazzi Nam Da Jung (YoonA) getting into a contract marriage.  Nam Da Jung who acted as the mother the 3 children of Kwon Yul. YoonA also revealed that she is used to hearing the kids calling her 'ahjumma' in the show that it feels awkward hearing people calling her Nam Da Jung-sshi.

YoonA said in ‘Prime Minister & I’ press conference: “After my previous drama ‘Love Rain’ ended, i realized that one cannot be too anxious”, revealing her candid thoughts. The anxiety now is that she realised how she should walk down this path. Recognising this key has proven that YoonA is no longer an idol born actress, instead she is growing as a real actress.

Lee Bum Soo has high praises towards YoonA for her rich emotions,high comprehension and explosive performing skills. He said “Acting has to go by logic, only when one understands can the audience understand too, YoonA is smart and did really well. I am anticipating her path down as an actress, at the same time i want to give her applause”

In reality, YoonA’s acting in ‘Prime Minister & I’ portraying the reporter who struggled to get exclusive scoops gained alot of compliments such as ‘YoonA’s self destroying image liven up the drama’. Getting into contract marriage with Kwon Yul in order not to worry her father, Kwon Yul who did not understand all the efforts she put in and left Nam Da Jung in tears, YoonA’s improved acting is also recognised. 

YoonA who is blooming on the path as an actress, still maintain a rookie mindset even til now. At the end of every drama filming, she will give each and every staff a handwritten letter with their name written one by one and gift expressing her gratefulness to everyone. It is difficult for staffs not to love someone like her.

» A celebrity among celebrities, YoonA

YoonA is named as ‘SM top 3 beauties’ together with Go Ara, Lee Yeon Hee. Among them, YoonA has the nickname of the ‘real goddess’. She is beautiful even without makeup and because there is hardly any difference after debut, YoonA unchanging beauty earns praises from fans, entertainment industry and celebrities.

SNSD established themselves as the national idol in 2009, and when male celebrities are asked of their ideal girl type, YoonA name will often appear in their answers. YoonA’s fanboy list which is named as the ‘sweet and sour pork list’ includes Jung Woo-sung, GD, Kwanhee, Onew, PSY, Hwang Jung Min, Lucid Fall, Brian etc.

Of course, this is not limited to only celebrities. Volleyball player Kim Yo Han, ex-professional player Hong Jin-ho etc all have high praises for YoonA’s beauty. In terms of overseas, the male lead of ‘You Are the Apple of My Eye’ Ko Chen-tung also confirmed he is a fan of YoonA via instagram. China national soccer player Rong Hao also published YoonA’s photos in his own blog declaring himself as a fan.

Japanese national swimmer Daiya Seto not only attend SNSD concerts, but also set their song ‘Into The New World’ as his morning call, proving himself as a famous SNSD fan. As such, after the hidden camera portion showing YoonA’s surprise visit to Daiya Seto  was broadcasted in TBS ‘Honoo no Taiikukai’, YoonA immediately rose up on Japan Yahoo, twitter searches, become a hot topic.

YoonA is also well liked by female celebrities. Goo Hye Sun who participate in the filming of KBS2 ‘Win Win’ also expressed that she “really like SNSD’s YoonA, has secretly contacted her” With YoonA’s sudden appearance, Goo Hye Sun further commented “It is so good my tears are coming out” expressing her excitment to meet YoonA.

Sunbae Sung Yuri also mentioned that “among girl groups i feel that YoonA is the prettiest”. Actress Son Ye-jin after being introduced to YoonA also said that she is really cute. Sunbae Baek Jiyoung who guested in KBS2 ‘Happy Together’ with YoonA also commented that YoonA “is really beautiful. My face is totally red” 

Lyricist Kim Eana’s account after seeing YoonA in real life at the 2010 Melon Music Awards also became a hot news topic. “When SNSD walked past me,the pathway seemed to part and light was shed from the sky. Some called it Heaven. Really beautiful. After seeing YoonA’s face, I don’t even want to look into the mirrors anymore”, praising YoonA with her unique wits 

Representing the hearts of numerous fans is Indie band Sosim Boys who prepared the song ‘Goodnight YoonA’ on her birthday. 

Of course, one can’t enjoy such popularity with just a beautiful face. When YoonA’s debut, there will rumours that SM wanted to fix YoonA with a ladylike image. However, such image is nowhere to be found with YoonA destroying her image through variety shows and radio shows.

Different from other female idols, YoonA do not avoid things that will destroy her image. Destroying her appearance when displaying her personal talents. Fans and members all said that YoonA do not control when she laughed. Thus she gained the nickname of ‘Alligator Yoong’

Among YoonA’s personal talents, there is one that is being called ‘the flounder fish expression’. Even though fans like this side of her, but some fans are also worried if YoonA destroyed too much of her image even with such beautiful face. 

YoonA’s reversal charms do not stop there. Different from her lean body, YoonA is named ‘Shikshin’ due to her big appetite. SNSD members all named her as the ‘Shikshin’ saying that even “after ricing she will still want to eat cereals”

Kim Min hee who debut as a child actor revealed a story of YoonA’s big appetitle. She said that she saw Yoona at a samgyeopsal restaurant treated her to food. In the end the total bill for 4 people are 210,000 won worth of pork belly, shocking everyone.

This news is also spreaded to Japan when YoonA and Yuri name both appeared in Japanese SAT hangul exam in 2012. The question asked was “YoonA ()  ate breakfast and went to school” in which the correct answer is ‘hurriedly’. Even though SNSD is not mentioned inside, but netizens think that this reflected their popularity in Japan

YoonA who is popular worldwide has to juggle with drama, promotions and SNSD’s hectic schedules. Even though she managed her health more than others, but there are health issue that worries fans and members.

YoonA also relayed her feelings through radio stating that:”I was so nervous that I forgot to thank the members after getting my first acting award. And after that we had to go to a music awards ceremony and thats when i realised i felt really sorry. I was worried if there might be misunderstanding”

After winning an award in KBS Drama Awards 2013, YoonA said “Getting an award infront of the many sunbaes made me feel ashamed. I will work hard to become a better actress that are as great as the sunbaes here”, her sincere feelings gained alot of applause from the sunbaes presented.

YoonA is not just a ‘acting idol’, instead she is an ‘all-round entertainer’ that always do her best to prepare for everything. Hence, fans love her more today compared to yesterday, and anticipate more of YoonA in the future than today.

Center of SNSD to Worldwide idol. Kpop Princess to Kpop Hallyu Queen, Just the name ‘YoonA’ this 2 letters will bring good feelings, the day when YoonA will attract the World is not long.

Source: http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&oid=015&aid=0003034284&sid1=001#_=_

Archived