[sBS] Yu Sun

그 여자가 무서워

The daily drama is an SBS production:

casting_03.jpg

casting_03_2.jpg

casting_03_3.jpg

casting_03_4.jpg

Synopsis: Warning Spoiler kinda...

Its about a woman named Chae Young Lim ( Yu Sun) who goes to Seoul to visit her boyfriend to tell him she's pregnant.

While driving up with her mother they get in a car accident, where her mother dies and she survives with a hideous

scar on her face from the explosion of the car. From the accident her boyfriend (who becomes the bastard in the storyline)

finds out Young Lim was pregnant and ended up getting a miscarriage from the accident. He (Ha Gyoung Pyo) thanks God that

the kid was eliminated because he is currently pursuing a relationship with Baek Eun Hye (The daughter of a huge company he works for)

Hence showing why Ha Gyoung Pyo is a bastard!!!! He then abandons the Young Lim after leaving a note with a nurse

which tells her that he's moved on and they are now strangers. After Young Lim wakes up from her coma she

finds out her mother is dead, her boyfriend left her, her unborn child dead, and top it all off her face is so badly burnt that

the doctors can't do anything for her. :tears: This is the where the story begins.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Happy_Day

Oooh, I like those two actresses! I like daily dramas~

Looks like the main character is another type that got dumped by her boyfriend and will be looking for revenge.

Guest senalee

Here is the summary of Episode One.

(Spolier Alert)

Episode 1:

It begins showing the car accident that Young Lim and her mom gets into.

Then the date is 1997 autumn. Showing the current time is before the accident. Young Lim is shown as a kindergarten teacher in her home town. Then her friend (Sung Mee) shows up to walk home together, that is when Young Lim tells her about the plan to go up to Seoul to plan a fieldtrip for the kids as well as to meet up with Gyoung Pyo (the cheating bastard) since it’s been over a month since he has visited her.

Then the scene goes to show Gyoung Pyo having a brief talk with Eun Hye’s Dad (Business owner) then going to a café to meet up with Eun Hye to have a date before going to meet the rest of the family for a proper dinner to talk about their relationship leading to a marriage. Eun Hye later asks if he has any hidden girlfriends and if so to confess (in a joking manner of course b/c the girl is so naive).

The scene goes back to Sung Mee teasing Young Lim that her driving sucks and asks if she really got her drivers license. Then walking to Young Lim’s mom’s small restaurant they see Sung Mee’s boyfriend (Gun Suk) who’s watching the place while Young Lim’s mom went to deliver some food to the elderly.

It then shows Eun Hye’s place and the rest of the family. They have the dinner but Eun Hye’s cousin (Jun Jin) is missing it. (Jun Jin is suspicious of Gyoung Pyo)

Then it shows Young Lim talking to her mother about her planed trip to Seoul and that she wants her mom to come along. The mom tease her about you need your mom so much that “when you get married to Gyoung Pyo your going to have to take me with you.”

It then reveals that Young Lim’s pregnant and she imagines that Gyoung Pyo will be trilled about the pregnancy that is why she wants to go see Gyoung Pyo.

The episode ends with Young Lim calling Gyoung Pyo.

Here is the summary of Episode One.

(Spolier Alert)

Episode 1:

**** Jumping up and down as if just won 10 thousands dollars ****

THANK YOU SENALEE FOR THIS GREAT SUMMARY!

I've been watching this with very very little understanding yet it seems so interesting.

THANKS!!!!!!

FYI

Here is the link to the official site http://tv.sbs.co.kr/thewoman/index.html

Guest senalee

Here is the Summary for

Episode 2

It starts out with a phone conversation between Gyoung Pyo and Young Lim.

Young Lim tells Gyoung Pyo that she will be going up to Seoul to see him with her mother. Gyoung Pyo gets upset and lies that he will be on a business trip overseas so that she shouldn’t bother coming up. She then says that she has to be in Seoul even if she can’t see him because she’s planning a field trip for her kids. After hanging up he thinks about a way to break off the relationship with Young Lim. One thought is of Young Lim being angry and the other one being desperate and clingy.

Next day, Eun Hye talks to her father his thoughts on her boyfriend.

Then after the father leaves her aunt vents on why her son ( Jun Jin) is so busy. Eun Hye then reveals that her father is merging the business to become “Shin Sung Group” so that he becomes the CEO.

Later at the office, Jun Jin talks about business with his Uncle the CEO.

After their talk Gyoung Pyo and Jun Jin have a brief encounter where Jun Jin says “be careful and don’t play around”

Then the scene changes to Young Lim getting up late to greet her friend Sung Mee.

Sung then suggests they go to Seoul that day since she and Gun Suk has to go up anyways to pick up items for his family. She agrees and they are off to Seoul.

Jun Jin and his mother talk about the business merging and his future position at work.

Eun Hye goes shopping for Gyoung Pyo and leaves the item at Gyoung Pyo’s place. As Eun Hye leaves Sung Mee and Young Lim arrive at his place and see that he isn’t there.

Her friend gets suspicious of Gyoung Pyo.

Since Young Lim and her friends have nothing to do they go to the Aquarium and have lunch.

Next scene Jun Jin and Eun Hye talk about business. Then Jun Jin talks about her relationship with Gyoung Pyo because he’s still suspicious of him. She gets offended and goes inside the house.

Jun Jin’s mom sees that Eun Hye is upset and talks to Jun Jin where she finds out that he mentioned his distrust of Gyoung Pyo and his mother tells him he should just leave them be.

Next scene shows Young Lim coming home from her day trip to Seoul and her mom asks what she did. Young Lim then brings up the idea of a double wedding that Sung Mee suggested. While Young Lim is happy about the idea her mom thinks it weird that Gyoung Pyo hasn’t kept regular contacts with them for such a long time.

Next day Young Lim calls Gyoung at his work where it shows he’s upset. Young Lim then tells him about Sung Mee’s idea about a double wedding with her. Before he can respond to her question they are interrupted so Gyoung Pyo hangs up. Then Eun Hye walks in with a bag of clothes to change into. The phone rings again and Gyoung Pyo looks nervously at the phone.

Guest senalee

Hi Everyone! I hope that everyone's Christmas was good. Mine was an acutal white christmas...(so weird) anyways here is the summary for episode 3!

Episode 3:

Gyoung Pyo finally picks up the phone after Eun Hye was about to pick up the phone. The phone call was from Eun Hye’s dad who was inviting them to have breakfast with him in the business cafeteria.

Young Lim was about to call again but she decided against it because she didn’t want to disturb him while at work.

While eating Eun Hye’s dad notices that Gyoung Pyo is sweating and them Gyoung Pyo seemed touched that Eun Hye’s dad was concerned of his health.

Young Lim offer’s her mom a ride to work but the mother says it’d be faster and more comfortable to walk to work.

Young Lim’s mom says she has a lot to do around the house. Then she feels guilty that her mom has to do so much, so she says that when she’s married to Gyoung Pyo (yeah right!) that she will take care of her mom that she wont have to work hard again and live comfortably.

Gyoung Pyo was sent home because Eun Hye’s dad doesn’t want him to get sick. So Eun Hye takes him home. When they get there he says that he wants to move, and it could be close to work or her place. Because he wants to cherish all that time he can with her.

While at breakfast, Young Lim and Sung Mee discuss about the phone call and then in walk’s Gun Suk telling them that his family’s business went bankrupt.

Jun Jin later finds out that Gyoung Pyo was sent home and seems upset. Then he goes to see his uncle. While there Eun Hye gives him the cold shoulder. Eun Hye’s dad tells him that he is planning on making a position for her in the Cooperation of Home shopping, because they bought out a makeup business and it needs a woman’s perspective.

Jun Jin then asks his uncle “then what will you give me?” Then the uncle thinks it over and thinks that Jun Jin is just jealous of Gyoung Pyo and not actually wanting to see the business succeed.

Jun Jin later on at home vents about what’s going on to his mother. About how all the important business is being handles by Gyoung Pyo and Eun Hye’s dad and Eun Hye are leaving him out of business discussions. That he finds out about big business projects at the last minute that he doesn’t get any input in any decisions.

Jun Jin’s mom explains that his father owned half of the business, so Jun Jin is entitled to half the business. His mom tells him even though she doesn’t know much about the business world but that her reason of living and helping around the house the last 13 years was so that his uncle wouldn’t forget about his father and they started the business half and half.

While the family talk about Jun Jin not having a love life, he thinks je should do some background check on Gyoung Pyo.

Young Lim is now trying to beg her mom to accompany her on the trip to Seoul because she doesn’t want to go by herself and also her driving is still new to her. Her mom doesn’t want to go because Gyoung Pyo is in Europe on business and the whole point of her agreeing to go last time was to meet up with him.

So, Young Lim goes find Sung Mee to ask her to go with her, and she says okay but only if they all go as in Sung Mee ask Young Limi’s mom again and making Gun Suk come along as well.

They are all heading up to Seoul. Young Lim and her mom in her car are following Gun Suk and Sung Mee in Gun Suk’s car.

Young Lim talks to her mom that in the future she will take her everywhere that’s worth seeing, so she tells her mom to stay healthy and live for a long time and at that moment she get in the car accident. :tears:

Wow! a White Christmas!!! It's such a rarity. I haven't had one in over a decade!

Senalee as always your summary is great. Episode 3 is so sad. If only Gyoung Pyo would have called or visit she would not have to make a special trip with poor driving skills all the way to Seoul!

• 1 month later...
Guest shiningstar153

I was just wondering. Who are the two main roles?

There's the vengeful rejected, the cousin.......

Just would like to know.

I was just wondering. Who are the two main roles?

There's the vengeful rejected, the cousin.......

Just would like to know.

The Scorn-Woman - Young Lim

The Cheating Boyfriend - Gyoung Pyo

The Bratty Wife of the Cheating Boyfriend - Eun Hye

The Spiteful? Cousin - Jun Jin

I catch this every now and then as it comes on real early in the morning for me. I just look and wonder what is going on since my Korean is still limited to only about 10 greeting :rolleyes:

Anyway after reading senalee's wonderful summary I then watch the episode on Todou. It's fun watching it over with understanding and realizing just how much I was completely off base :D

Guest shiningstar153

Thanx for the info, gerryg :D

I found out from my dad that this drama's a remake of an old Japanese drama--except that in the Japanese drama the spiteful cousin (? Spiteful? Maybe) was not present and the vengeful woman--Young Lim--married the cheating boyfriend's father-in-law. OK. That was just a little too big of an age difference. :blink:

I'd like to see her end up with the cousin instead. How about you all?

Thanx for the info, gerryg :D

I found out from my dad that this drama's a remake of an old Japanese drama--except that in the Japanese drama the spiteful cousin (? Spiteful? Maybe) was not present and the vengeful woman--Young Lim--married the cheating boyfriend's father-in-law. OK. That was just a little too big of an age difference. :blink:

I'd like to see her end up with the cousin instead. How about you all?

At the current episodes

Young Lim and the Father-in-law are quasi lovers. Of course bratty daughter and sneaky son-in-law are having a fit! But I think YoungLim can tastefully pull of the character of a young wife. (I personally would have nightmares :ph34r: )

Archived