[drama 2008] Who Are You? 누구세요

Guest yeohweping

Guest Q_Park

First of all, WOW~! So many comments! .lol.

Second of all, has everybody voted? I already did!

*gladly takes sedative from K4Ice*

*grabs cheese grater again* I was just thinking what the last scene might be like:

We get to see a flash-forward, where we see a little girl playing in the park with a slightly older little boy. SH interrupts their playing to make sure that his daughter has her wet-wipes with her (the park is full of nasty germs after all!). He notices the little boy, and begins interrogating him (in true SH style) about his intentions towards his daughter, and so on. YI interrupts the interrogation and tells him to let them play. SH smiles and holds YI hand as they walk away (he is beginning to understand the joys and the sorrows of fatherhood).

*runs away* :unsure: :blush:

One word: adorable

Two words: wonderfully cheesy .lol.

I LOVE it when a book, movie, drama has like an epilouge to it!

Especially when it's like 1 year later, 2 years later kind of thing.

Kyu, do you know if anyone in the organization has a paypal account, so the international fan can send money too? I would like to contribute but hesitated to ask my hubby's friend in Corea to do it (that's the last choice). Thanks for letting us know what the kind hearts in Corea are doing.

I really don't know if they do but if you have a bank account, you can go to the bank you go to and tell them that you want to send this much money to this bank account in this bank in Korea.

But I also don't know if they are still accepting money because they are going to distribute the snacks on Saturday and they already know what they are going to buy and all so . . .

Pyoungsang: Finally a translation to the song! Those English words were getting on my nerves because I couldn't figure them out!

K4Ice:Haha, yes, the level of insanity shoots up on Wednesdays and Thursdays. And the people who make Who Are You? are totally awesome~! I mean look at all of that hard working. I'm glad that they are going to pass out snacks and stuff.

sPark*:You rock SH's tweezers! My god, I

CANNOT believe that HJ finds the paintings! NO~~~~!

SH comforts YI, yay! For some reason the part where SH is washing the kids is hilarious. Typical SH . . .

- Kyu

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Candy dear, I like your explanation, but just wanted to correct you on one little thing..

SH had actually brought IG's painting AFTER his accident (in episode 3)

I was writing and thinking AFTER, AFTER - and fritzed and wrote BEFORE.....

sigh....

Guest fa-abulous

Thanks for the download links!!...Loving the drama so far!!...I think the male lead does a wonderful job with acting!!...He's so goofy when he turns into the father's personality!!!

Guest def201

The long and short of it is this:

Sang Sa (the reaper) said if.....I give YOU another chance,

then i guess I have to give HIM (SeungHyo) another chance....

Obviously - a body was needed for Il Gun's 3 hours a day -

and SeungHyo was in a COMA.....NOT expected to wake up....EVER AGAIN!!

So the convergence of necessities.....

A Baader Meinhof event...of sorts....

Because as it happens

- SeungHyo before his car accident had bought a painting by Son Il Gun...

-Son Il Gun-sshi was murdered (probably) because of those paintings..

- Il Gun shhi has a daughter...

-you know the rest..

Baader-Meinhof is the phenomenon where one happens upon some obscure piece of information–(in this case- SH saw and bought a painting by an unknown painter named Son Il Gun-sshi - little did SH know...)

often an unfamiliar word or name– and soon afterwards encounters the same subject again, often repeatedly.

Anytime you hear the phrase "That's so weird, I just heard about that for the 1st time the other day!!",

the utterer is hip-deep in Baader-Meinhof.

The phenomenon bears some similarity to synchronicity, which is the experience of having a highly meaningful coincidence… such as having someone telephone you while you are thinking about them. Both phenomena invoke a feeling of mild surprise, and cause one to ponder the odds of such an intersection. Both smack of destiny, as though the events were supposed to occur in just that arrangement… as though we're witnessing yet another domino tip over in a chain of dominoes beyond our reckoning.

Candy, You are very insightful.

If I remember correctly, SH “met” (sort of) IG and YI during the first episode (when they were at the traffic lights and YI was applying her lip-gloss, using SH’s tinted windows as a mirror). Also, didn’t IG and SH go to the same orphanage? So your explanation is still valid

Thanks Kyu, I added another cheese laden scene on the previous page :lol:

Guest Q_Park

If I remember correctly, SH “met” (sort of) IG and YI during the first episode (when they were at the traffic lights and YI was applying her lip-gloss, using SH’s tinted windows as a mirror). Also, didn’t IG and SH go to the same orphanage? So your explanation is still valid

Haha that one was awesome too! the cheesier the better.

- Kyu

PS. IS IT WEDNESDAY YET?!

Guest def201

Haha that one was awesome too! the cheesier the better.

- Kyu

PS. IS IT WEDNESDAY YET?!

Calendar says its still Monday *throws calendar out of the window*

Kyu, I think we should have an open to all competition; who can come up with the cheesiest, mushiest, gooiest WAY scenes. It might stop us from climbing the walls between episodes :wacko:

Guest Q_Park

^^ We all know who would win. *grumbles* lol jk

You're ending just pretty much topped the cheesy chart(but in a good way). haha :lol:

I am like pretty much just stalking this thread. :mellow:

- Kyu

You're right!

SH was shocked at to see Yong In using his window as a mirror...

and the same....orphanage - i think...

but is SPRINGTIME NUSERY located within the orphanage?

next door?

Baader Meinhof!

QUESTION:

If SH was abandoned at 4 yrs. old - (his dad went to prison)

then adopted by a rich American family at 7 yrs. old...

raised in the U.S.....highly educated...

Why haven't we heard him speak

in crisp, cleanly enunciated....ENGLISH???

ahhh yes you're right..I forgot about that scene in the first episode! after the traffic light, they split off into 2 different directions..and from the timing and editing, I think we can infer that both IG's and SH's accident prolly happened either at or very close to the same time..

and yes, if I remember correctly, I think they DID go to the same orphanage..

I was writing and thinking AFTER, AFTER - and fritzed and wrote BEFORE.....

sigh....

You're right!

but is SPRINGTIME NUSERY located within the orphanage?

next door?

Baader Meinhof!

QUESTION:

If SH was abandoned at 4 yrs. old -

adopted by a rich American family at 7 yrs. old.

raised in the U.S.....

first off, no worries Candy, ahah it happens all the time to me...fingers don't listen to the brain..

and I think Springtime Nursery refers to both the orphanage itself (nursery as in for kids) and also to the garden they have (a plant nursery)

hmmmm....you're right...we HAVEN'T heard SH speak english yet...interesting...I wonder if that'll come up sometime in the last 5 episodes..

*continues to decorate the tweezer fort*

Guest berkeleygal

Also, K4Ice, we haven't heard anything about his adopted family or his childhood life? I'm so

curious to find out what kind of adopted family he had or whether he ever had a girlfriend before? If not,

then Young In will probably be his first love.That would be so lovely! :wub: I think Seung Hyo is Young In's

first love.

Thank you so much sPark* for the preview translation. :wub:

We didn't even watch episode 12 yet...but we have the preview of episode 13 already... :)

The last part looks really interesting.

수목 미니시리즈「누구세요?」13회

방송일자 : 2008년 04월 17일 21시 55분 ~ 23시 05분

권 투도장에 간 승효는 아버지 철수에게 유전자 감식 결과를 알려주며 친부라는 사실 관계는 인정하지만 다시는 자신의 주변에 나타나지 말라고 한다. 영인은 재하에게 일건의 그림이 갤러리 것인지 묻고, 재하는 영인에게 계약 관계를 알려주며 일건에 대한 다큐멘터리를 제작할까 한다고 말한다.

담배꽁초를 가져간 사람이 이복동생 호중이라는 사실을 알게 된 승효는 충격으로 얼어붙는다. 영인은 영애를 찾아가 그림 계약에 대해 들은 거 없냐고 묻고, 영애는 영인에게 일건의 그림 하나를 보여준다. 영인을 만나러 옥탑방에 간 승효는 용덕과 함께 술 마시기 시작하고, 집에 돌아온 영인은 그네에 쭈그리고 누운 채 잠든 승효 곁에 다가간다.

Thank you so much sPark* for the preview translation. :wub:

We didn't even watch episode 12 yet...but we have the preview of episode 13 already... :)

The last part looks really interesting.

수목 미니시리즈「누구세요?」13회

방송일자 : 2008년 04월 17일 21시 55분 ~ 23시 05분

권 투도장에 간 승효는 아버지 철수에게 유전자 감식 결과를 알려주며 친부라는 사실 관계는 인정하지만 다시는 자신의 주변에 나타나지 말라고 한다. 영인은 재하에게 일건의 그림이 갤러리 것인지 묻고, 재하는 영인에게 계약 관계를 알려주며 일건에 대한 다큐멘터리를 제작할까 한다고 말한다.

담배꽁초를 가져간 사람이 이복동생 호중이라는 사실을 알게 된 승효는 충격으로 얼어붙는다. 영인은 영애를 찾아가 그림 계약에 대해 들은 거 없냐고 묻고, 영애는 영인에게 일건의 그림 하나를 보여준다. 영인을 만나러 옥탑방에 간 승효는 용덕과 함께 술 마시기 시작하고, 집에 돌아온 영인은 그네에 쭈그리고 누운 채 잠든 승효 곁에 다가간다.

This is JUST for a laugh =) I love how babel fish translates so here it is!

Volume thwu the for monk hyo it informs a gene reduction of diet result to father evacuation in coating with paint and it gives and the relationship of the fact which is a real father it does not appear again in circumference of human nature but oneself, does to dry. The facsimile edition asks one proposal picture probably is the gallery thing in the stock, the stock informs a contractual relationship to facsimile edition and it gives and it talks that it will produce the documentary against one case. It is known the fact where the person who takes the cigarette butts is step mother younger sibling good middle and with shock the monk hyo it freezes. The facsimile edition searches the zero child and against a picture contract it listens to and well! Ubs nya it asks, the zero child one proposal shows picture one in facsimile edition. It meets a facsimile edition the for monk hyo the alcoholic beverage it drinks with a virtue together in the jade tower room and it starts, the facsimile edition which returns to the house in the swing ccwu and the as it lies down the monk who falls sleep hyo polyvalence goes in side.

hmmm it seems like "facsimile edition" is up to no good as usual :lol: but from what i can gather in this mumble jumble is that theres gonna be some "sleeping" and some "alcohol" involved lol maybe i should let the expert translators we have in here do this =)

Guest plllisa

This is JUST for a laugh =) I love how babel fish translates so here it is!

Volume thwu the for monk hyo it informs a gene reduction of diet result to father evacuation in coating with paint and it gives and the relationship of the fact which is a real father it does not appear again in circumference of human nature but oneself, does to dry. The facsimile edition asks one proposal picture probably is the gallery thing in the stock, the stock informs a contractual relationship to facsimile edition and it gives and it talks that it will produce the documentary against one case. It is known the fact where the person who takes the cigarette butts is step mother younger sibling good middle and with shock the monk hyo it freezes. The facsimile edition searches the zero child and against a picture contract it listens to and well! Ubs nya it asks, the zero child one proposal shows picture one in facsimile edition. It meets a facsimile edition the for monk hyo the alcoholic beverage it drinks with a virtue together in the jade tower room and it starts, the facsimile edition which returns to the house in the swing ccwu and the as it lies down the monk who falls sleep hyo polyvalence goes in side.

hmmm it seems like "facsimile edition" is up to no good as usual :lol: but from what i can gather in this mumble jumble is that theres gonna be some "sleeping" and some "alcohol" involved lol maybe i should let the expert translators we have in here do this =)

ok, how bout this...

Identification of the gene results tudojange between seunghyoneun to tell his father to help evacuate the fact that paternity, but admitted their relationship is not to appear to be close. This is the picture gallery ilgeon youngin jaeha a question to ask whether, jaeha youngin a contractual relationship is known for a documentary production we give ilgeon says.

Cigarette butts and half-sister who took hojungyiraneun truth was frozen in shock seunghyoneun gone. Youngin contract for the painting of Lee Young Ae, ask a question to ask you eopnyago, ilgeon Young-ae is a picture of one of the youngin. Rooftop Room went to visit a youngin with seunghyoneun yongdeok start drinking alcohol, and swings back home for the youngin jjugeurigo asleep while lying beside seunghyo dagaganda.

(from google translate)

yours funnier...

Guest piano_lady

just started watching this while waiting for the subs of On Air...

it's good...but i really didn't expect to cry buckets while watching this drama...

i had the initial impression that there would be more funny moments than sad ones..

oh well...maybe it's just me?

Guest eunish

just started watching this while waiting for the subs of On Air...

it's good...but i really didn't expect to ry buckets while watching this drama...

i had the initial impression that there will be more funny moments that sad ones..

oh well...maybe it's just me?

hahah its not just you. i cried buckets too and ended up having to buy a box of tissue cos err i finished everything i had at home and didnt want to sniffle into a roll of toilet paper -.- after the first two episodes it became wails*sniffles*hiccup*laugh*rollsaroundlaughing*crieslaughing. quite thankful my roommate's being very understanding about my insanity haha.

anyway hey i didnt realize both seung hyo and il gon came from the same orphanage... st michael's or smth?

Guest Pyoungsang

EP 13 preview translation:

This is my translation of the preview: Warning SPOILERS!!!

SH goes to the boxing gym to tell his biological father Cheol Su that the DNA test came back positive and while he acknowledges Cheol Su as his father, he asks him to never appear in front of him again. YI asks JH if IG's picture belong to the gallery and JH let her know about the contract and tells her that he is thinking of producing a documentary about IG.

SH is frozen in shock when he find out the truth that the person who took the cigarette butt is his half-brother Ho Joong. YI goes to YA to ask her if she had heard anything about painting contract, YA shows YI one of IG's pictures. SH, who went looking for YI at the rooftop room, starts to drink with Yong Duk, when YI returns home, she goes next to SH who fell asleep crumpled up on the swing.

Guest Yehbaby

The long and short of it is this:

Sang Sa (the reaper) said if.....I give YOU another chance,

then i guess I have to give HIM (SeungHyo) another chance....

So the convergence of necessities.....

A Baader Meinhof event...of sorts....

Because as it happens

- SeungHyo before his car accident had bought a painting by Son Il Gun...

-Son Il Gun-sshi was murdered (probably) because of those paintings..

- Il Gun shhi has a daughter...

-you know the rest..

The phenomenon bears some similarity to synchronicity, which is the experience of having a highly meaningful coincidence… such as having someone telephone you while you are thinking about them. Both phenomena invoke a feeling of mild surprise, and cause one to ponder the odds of such an intersection. Both smack of destiny, as though the events were supposed to occur in just that arrangement… as though we're witnessing yet another domino tip over in a chain of dominoes beyond our reckoning.

another two coincidences is 1) when Seung Hyo drives to the taxi-stand and Young Ae sees him 2) Seung Hyo is on the way to the art gallery and his car passes by Young In wandering on the road. she is looking for her dad's death site.

i don't know about Baader Meinhof, usually i'd call these coincidences plot devices. lol. but i enjoyed reading your explanation anyway. the concept of 'destiny' does seem to fit this drama... :)

QUESTION:

If SH was abandoned at 4 yrs. old - (his dad went to prison)

then adopted by a rich American family at 7 yrs. old...

raised in the U.S.....highly educated...

er, becuz this is just a korean drama and YKS can't really speak english? :lol:

or SH showed symptoms of child abuse (by his biological father :rolleyes: ) when he was adopted to U.S and it took many years for his rich adopted parents to earn his trust. so instead of teaching him to speak in english, they learnt korean instead. awww. such loving parents could give Brangelina a run for their money....hahaha.

Archived