Nintendo Wii: The Next Generation Nintendo Console

Guest 1SwtDeception

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yukumushio

lol, I didn't either...but I played Mario World, and Mario Bros 3 and thought it was awesome, so I tried Mario 64 and thought "Wow, this is amazing" And now I need Galaxy. lol

Seriously, AT LEAST give it a rent, along with Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure - It's really difficult, and fun!!

Guest yukumushio

Oh yea, NiGHTS, not really interested in that...doesn't seem like what it's hyped up to be, but I'll give it a rent.

WHAT is NiGHTS..as a genre?

Guest RS Trax

Crazy week of Thanksgiving and Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales! I just finished up Portal (part of the The Orange Box package), and it's easily my favorite game at the moment. The quality of the puzzles are very much like Zelda puzzles. I've uploaded a video capture playing the final stages on YouTube:

Word on the street say that Portal will be coming out for Wii also. If so, I hope they would include some bonus exclusive levels or even maybe a multi-player feature if that's possible.

---------------

Today's new releases of classic games on the Wii Shop's Virtual Console include the following.

Double_Dribble_NES_ScreenShot2.jpg

DOUBLE DRIBBLE

NES

1-2 players

rated E for Everyone

500 Wii Points

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Dribble_(video_game)

vegas.jpg

Vegas Stakes

Super NES

1-4 players

rated E for Everyone – Simulated Gambling

800 Wii Points

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegas_Stakes

Ecco_Jr._GEN_ScreenShot2.jpg

Ecco Jr.

Sega Genesis

1 player

rated E for Everyone

800 Wii Points

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecco_Jr.

---------------

Namco Bandai's upcoming RPG for Wii titled, Fragile, now its official website opened as well with a video teaser, new photos, etc.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragile:_Fare...ins_of_the_Moon

Official website: http://fragile.namco-ch.net/

---------------

Katekyo Hitman Reborn! website is now open. The game is based on the Japanese anime/manga of the same name. It's been confirmed the game will support the GameCube controller, Classic Controller, as well as the Wiimote + Nunchuk combination.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katekyo_Hitma...3;_(video_game)

Official website: http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/reborn/wii/dream/

---------------

The official Japanese website for Fist of the North Star DS is now open. Again with most anime-related titles, the game will mostly never see a release outside of Japan. Produced by Spike, the guys who are also working on upcoming title, No More Heroes and next Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

Official website: http://www.spike.co.jp/hokutonoken/

---------------

On the new issue of Nintendo Power comes more details on upcoming title, No More Heroes.

- Nintendo Power has already played through the game, and found it very enjoyable

- Menu systems have a very old school flair (Atari-like)

- Words of encouragement before a boss battle (spoken by Travis) "You are the man! Eye of the tiger! Enter the red zone! Now, off to the garden of madness"

- Travis's battle cry: "Strawberry on the Shortcake!"

- Game flow: Do jobs and assassinations to gain money. Use money to enter ranked matches (boss fights). Deposit money and Sylvia will call concerning bosses. Repeat

- Defeat bosses for health boost and more story

- Upgrade katana, watch wrestling to learn new moves, buy clothes, and more

- not much action outside

- "Dark Mode" is related to the tiger we've seen on screen

- Travis has a cat at his apartment which you can play with, but it doesn't seem to do anything for you

- Wiimote speaker used for when Travis gets a phone call

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_More_Heroes_%28video_game%29

--------------

More info from new NinPow issue include the following.

Mario Kart [Wii] (not final title) info

- Wifi races for at least 12 players

- Executing a successful stunt gives you a "sweet reward"

- 16 brand new tracks plus many older ones

- Spring 2008 release date

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_kart_wii

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

- allows for use of the Cube controller

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Riders:_Zero_Gravity

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates

- early 2008 release date

Samba de Amigo

- Gearbox pushed Sega to make the game

- Gearbox says forum users clamored for a new Samba de Amigo

- New and old songs

- Hustle mode returns

- Miis will be involved somehow

- Wifi multiplayer being discussed, but not confirmed

Sega Superstars Tennis

- Sonic plus 15 other Sega characters (Amy, Eggman, Samba de Amigo, Ulala and Aiai)

- spring 2008

- 10-12 courts, influenced by Sega games

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

-The main character (Will), survived on canned food and bread after the meteor hit. Once again, the meteor destroyed almost all of earth’s population

- 26 main missions

- 30 "training" missions to unlock

- Bike infantry - moves quick but not a lot of firepoewr

- New tank: Flare - shoots a ball of bright light to push back fog

- Aircraft: Duster - can attack aircrafts but isn’t too powerful

- Mobile Cannons

- Over 150 multiplayer campaigns

- Create, upload, download and rank new maps

- voice chat over wifi

---------------

Release dates for Q1 2008

– Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney [DS] - February 2008

– Okami [Wii] – spring 2008

– Sega Bass Fishing [Wii]– Early 2008

– Along in the Dark [DS] – TBA

– Final Fantasy IV [DS] – 2008

– Worms: A Space Oddity [Wii] – March 2008

– Harvey Birdman [Wii] – January 2008

– One Piece: Unlimited Adventure [Wii] – Q1 2008

– Bomberman Land Touch! 2 [DS] – January 2008

---------------

Smash Bros. DOJO!! updates with Training mode, Smart Bomb item, character Color Changes (6 colors outfits each character), Charged Special Moves..

Newcomer: Saki Amamiya (from Sin & Punishment)

assist12_071122b.jpg

Lucas' Final Smash: PK Starstorm

lucas_071123b.jpglucas_071123d.jpg

Custom Controls for all 4 methods (incl. GameCube, Classic Controller, Wiimote NES-style, and Wiimote+Nunchuk combo)

various14_071126e.jpg

Also, with the control settings can be saved and stored within your Wiimote so you can bring to play at a friend's house and use your own custom controls.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl due out February 10, 2008

www.smashbros.com

--------------

Catch up on my previous Wii News & Updates at my Xanga blog.

See you all next week! \:D/

// Roth

Oh yea, NiGHTS, not really interested in that...doesn't seem like what it's hyped up to be, but I'll give it a rent.

WHAT is NiGHTS..as a genre?

I think it's like an action fantasy game

its really hard to describe because it stands on it's own.

I promise you

Nights is worth it

Guest yukumushio

well, since Mario was really a "DON'T GET IT" kind of thing to me..but the rave reviews and videos got to me...I'll do the same thing for NiGHTS, if the reviews are good, I'll get it!

But doesn't anyone think the graphics look not very clean? They're not realistic, they're 'stylized' so I thought that the graphics should be better...Look at what Mario did!

I recently purchased a Wii because I was able to get a really good deal on it ($212 including tax, brand new off the shelf!)

Even though it wasn't the best time for me to spend money (being Christmas season and having tuition to pay off in a month), I know I couldn't pass up the Wii for that price.

I only have Wii Sport and Wii Play right now, but I'm still enjoying this system!

I'd love to get some new games though... So if anyone is selling any of their games, please let me know. :)

Guest CK92842

I recently purchased a Wii because I was able to get a really good deal on it ($212 including tax, brand new off the shelf!)

Even though it wasn't the best time for me to spend money (being Christmas season and having tuition to pay off in a month), I know I couldn't pass up the Wii for that price.

I only have Wii Sport and Wii Play right now, but I'm still enjoying this system!

I'd love to get some new games though... So if anyone is selling any of their games, please let me know. :)

You could try gamefly with a 2 week free trial and try out as many Wii titles as possible before buying. They shipped Mario Galaxy to me during the week it was released and it arrived in new condition and since they offer a Keep It option, nabbed it for $40. They sent the original packaging complete in 4 days.

http://www.gamefly.com/

hii..i dont know if tihs has ever been mentioned before but here's my story...

I bought a wii in the beginning of june...and it stopped working in september(3 months)..so i gave it to someone to try to repair, and he told me that the "fan" of the system is covered with dog fur and dust..(>_>...my house is messy)...so, in the end, he tried to take it off but he couldnt fix it anyway, so now i gotta try to get it fixed by the nintendo company thru my warranty...i read in the book and it says "will not cover repair if it has been "NEGLECTED"....is my condition considered "neglecting"????

Guest CK92842

hii..i dont know if tihs has ever been mentioned before but here's my story...

I bought a wii in the beginning of june...and it stopped working in september(3 months)..so i gave it to someone to try to repair, and he told me that the "fan" of the system is covered with dog fur and dust..(>_>...my house is messy)...so, in the end, he tried to take it off but he couldnt fix it anyway, so now i gotta try to get it fixed by the nintendo company thru my warranty...i read in the book and it says "will not cover repair if it has been "NEGLECTED"....is my condition considered "neglecting"????

Obviously the smart thing to do is not mentioning any of that to Nintendo. Tell them it stopped working, they may go through troubleshooting and they'll give you two options. The first would be for them to repair that very same Nintendo Wii or have a new one issued to you. The 2nd option would require you to provide credit card information, this is so you don't pull a fast one on them. Repairing your system will take 2 weeks, whereas having a new one only takes up to 3-5 days. Unless you bought Virtual Console games just get a new one.

Guest Darling__

where did you buy it for that cheap! i just bought one and it came to like 372.88 with wii play T_T. the wii play was 60 bucks though.

where did you buy it for that cheap! i just bought one and it came to like 372.88 with wii play T_T. the wii play was 60 bucks though.

Wii Play is supposed to be only $50.. $40 for the remote and $10 for the real game.. with tax it should be under $55 at least..

Guest Darling__

Wii Play is supposed to be only $50.. $40 for the remote and $10 for the real game.. with tax it should be under $55 at least..

i live in canada. the remote alone is 45$.

Guest CK92842

Just finished Mario Galaxy, my kid sister cried at the ending. :(

I won't spoil it for anyone but the game gets top ratings. It was hours fun while it lasted and a showcase title for Wii owners, definitely one of those games you should play otherwise it's just plain criminal. :P

Guest cynstar.

mario galaxy is friggin amazing.

the graphics and game play are just..made for the Wii!

although i must say, i did get kinda nauseaus with all those flippin upside down gravity like wheuever universes :T

Archived