Nintendo Wii: The Next Generation Nintendo Console

Guest 1SwtDeception

Guest Minhie

wonder if brawl will be as fun as melee was D: ^ dude warioware for the wii is the most random and hilarious thing i've ever played ;D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

weee got marioparty8 yesterday

played one game.

the graphics are slightly nicer.

the new mini games are the same as before... (racing, fighting with other players etc)

theres candy now instead of orbs.

with the wiimote now i totally suck at mini games.

which is my fave part of mario party (and what i used to rock at)

guess i need more practice XD

Guest CK92842

I sold off a bunch of games recently, both GC & 360 titles and decided to spend wisely and rent through gamefly. I just have to ask if Mario Party is really worth it? I'm so tempted to buy the darn thing since the game is currently unavailable. <_<

Guest Velocitii

^i have mario party, and i dont think its worth it, its pretty boring if you ask me, even if you have friends over

Guest simpleandpink

*sigh*

I called Gamestop, asking "Do you guys have MP8?" and they're like "no, we're sold out."

And then I remembered we have a reservation, so I called back and they're like "Oh yeah we do...but we close in 10minutes"

It's like 8:20 and I was like CRAP. So then I go with my mom to Gamestop and it's 8:29 (SERIOUSLY) and he's like..."Oh, I already closed the register..."

and it's like...wtf mate <_< You say you have 10 minutes left or whatever...you shouldn't have bothered to tell me that, just say "we're closing now"...

My friends & I are having a mini-party so D= Oh well, I'll just go @ 10am tomorrow :)

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

I sold off a bunch of games recently, both GC & 360 titles and decided to spend wisely and rent through gamefly. I just have to ask if Mario Party is really worth it? I'm so tempted to buy the darn thing since the game is currently unavailable. <_<

hmm well if you're not into that kinda game i dont think mp8 is worth 50 bucks.

i know some people who totally hate these kinda games and blame ppl who like mp8 for nintendo releasing crap titles lol.

bf never played mario party before ever and hes hooked on to the kooper tycoon board on mp8

i'd hafta say tho, im disappointed by the number of mini games.

we played two boards and 1 star battle & we've basically played every single mini game there is.

Guest CK92842

Thanks for the heads up guys & gals. Took your reviews and decided to wait on MP9. Believe me we all know it's coming. :lol:

I'm gonna go ahead and try my luck at RB6V, have yet to play that. Another month the Wii collects dust. :(

Guest ~fantasygurl~

i played the Wii and it's very fun plus i went to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom from 7am to 7pm and they had hella lot of Wiis over there and it was awesome!! play for free and the thrilling ^^

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CK92842

I just got Resident Evil 4 in the mail this weekend and didn't play it till tonight and what a disappointment. Grain plagues the game all throughout and it doesn't help viewing the impurities on a 52" HD display. Basically played 1/2 hour of the game before sealing it ready to be sent back to gamefly. :(

Guest Izam.

I just got Resident Evil 4 in the mail this weekend and didn't play it till tonight and what a disappointment. Grain plagues the game all throughout and it doesn't help viewing the impurities on a 52" HD display. Basically played 1/2 hour of the game before sealing it ready to be sent back to gamefly. :(

Really? It was a lot of fun on GC!

Guest CK92842

1st timers might enjoy the game but when you've played the game to death on the GC then the appeal is long gone. I prefer the GC version over this for 2 reasons, the game is much sharper on the Cube and you'll save yourself 10-$15 on the game itself.

Guest dudeman

Well, it is only 480p. It looks absolutely fantastic on my TV (which isn't HD, but pretty darn close to it), definitely better than the ps2 version I used to have.

I am aware that the graphics are the same ones from the gamecube version, and yet I cannot deny the joy I feel every time I see something that looked a lot better than it did on the ps2...complete with the widescreen capability that the ps2 version had as well as the extras. They probably should have updated the graphics just a tad more, given that it's on the Wii now, but I'm still satisfied nevertheless.

Guest CK92842

Graphics being better than the PS2 is one thing but it still doesn't explain how this came to be a botched up piece of work. Here are a few quotes from a few AVS members...

If anything I recommend a rental at best, I'm really beginning to take issue with Capcom trying to milk the franchise. :(

I did some comparisons last night. And basically all Capcom did was take the non-anamorphic letterbox of the Gamecube edition and do an automatic zoom to fill the screen. I put in my Gamecube edition to confirm my suspicion and found I was right--the picture was identical to the Wii version--including the black bars on the side. It's not true widescreen. And the original non-anamorphic image is basically upscaled to 480p, so that's a lie too.

Yes, it looks terrible. The image is very very soft.

The GameCube version looks astoundingly sharp and clear by comparison. I changed my Wii screen settings from 16:9 to 4:3 in hopes of getting it to output an unmolested image. Doing so improved the quality a bit, and I can still fill the screen using my projector's zoom function (just like I did for the GC version).

Even in making this change the image isn't nearly as clean as it is on the GC version. I'm comparing them both on the same display, same Wii, same everything, and the GC version looks much much better.

Needless to say, I'm confused tremendously about this.

Guest ekrystal

Hi I'm Krystal... & as for re4 on the wii..

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!? please tell me ur lying coz i soooooooooo wanted to play it.. =[[ it looked so good in the reviews *cries* well -_- now all i have to look forward to is naruto on 360

Archived