Nintendo Wii: The Next Generation Nintendo Console

Guest 1SwtDeception

Guest CK92842

Another update, Umbrella Chronicles Trailer 2 is out. Just so a few don't get lost, click the link in the middle then click on PV Vol 2.

Just don't try this on the Wii's web browser, it still doesn't work. <_<

http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio_uc/

You can browse the character profiles & view a few game images as well.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anybody searching for Wiis, apparently K-Mart has been listed as saying they will have some.

Here is the link to K-Mart's site. Apparently some people can see it, others cant'

http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/default.aspx?action=browsepagelarge&storeid=242231 1&rapid=388641&pagenumber=7://http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/de...mp;pagenumber=7

if you can't see it, just go to K-mart's Site and look at weekly ads page 7

Guest morgan.de.toi

yay! i just got one XD at a discounted price too wahahahahaha

how come nunchucs are sold out everywhere??

i have an extra remote but missing a nunchuc now =[

and i just preordered mario party!!! XDXDXD

i'm thinking of buying paper mario, but does anybody know if it's good or not??

i'm not really much of a gamer :blush:

Guest shoko86

This is crazy.. I went driving for 3-4 hours to get a Wii.. and they are sold out everywhere... o__O;; I want my Wii. Even after almost 6 months later its still hard to find?? why??

Guest Malice_Kaiser

paper mario looks really fun and it's gotten some good reviews i think.

now if only i had a wii. :(

I rented Paper Mario! What I got around to playing was REALLY fun, especially "flipping". It's so weird, because I'm so used to old school Mario (or else the new Super Mario), but this Paper Mario has like... a big storyline and everything. XD I haven't played the other Paper Mario game, but the one for Wii was definitely fun. I do recommend it. I plan on buying it eventually so I can beat it. (:

Guest ryisakooguy

i like paper mario as well...but theres just too much talking. i mean yeah i know its action rpg but since they brought the old skool side scrolling action back i just cant help but just feel like the first mario bros. just jumpin around killing baddies n not even have to worry about readin the story.

i rather play wario ware... hehe.

i cant wait for the new resident evil games to come out on wii. i never played re4 from straigh to finish...so looks like im getting it for the wii.

Guest Amicus

i just picked up punch out! on virtual console.

what a blast. brings back memories. fun yet frustrating. all pattern recognition, and timing.

Guest shoko86

Nintendo announces record year, thanks DS and Wii

ds-it-prints-money.jpg

If you've been following our Japanese hardware sales series, or caught last month's NPD report, or have a pulse and leave the house, you've no doubt heard that Nintendo's DS and Wii consoles are ... well, they're sort of a big deal. How big a deal? The pair are responsible for Nintendo's "record high" fiscal year, which ended March 31, 2007. The stats:

* consolidated fiscal year revenues of ¥966.5 billion, a 90% increase

* operating profits of ¥226.0 billion, a 150% increase

* 23 million Nintendo DS consoles last year, lifetime sales of 40 million

* 5.84 million Wii consoles in less than five months, "nearly" 29 million Wii games

Now for the projections for the fiscal year which began April 1, 2007:

* consolidated sales increasing nearly 18% to ¥1.14 trillion

* operating profits growing nearly 20% to ¥270 billion

* 22 million Nintendo DS systems and 130 million games

* 14 million Wii systems and 55 million games worldwide (will that be enough?)

Not quite the mom 'n pop outfit, are they? We're gonna need a "THEY PRINT MONEY!!!" graphic for these sort of things going forward.

------------------

:lol: What an awesome picture.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/784/784665p1.html

Nintendo officially states that the following games will be coming out for Wii in Japan in 2007:

* Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race (DK Jet or DK Bongo Blast, US) - June 28, 2007

* Wii Health Pack -- 2007

* Disaster: Day of Crisis - 2007

* Mario Party 8 - 2007

* Project H.A.M.M.E.R. - 2007

* Wii Music - 2007

* Super Mario Galaxy - 2007

* Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 2007

* Battalion Wars II - 2007

* Forever Blue - 2007

* Mario Strikers Charged - 2007

* Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - 2007

* Mario and Sonic at the Olympics - 2007

:blink:

I still think its going to get delayed tho

Guest Jay Chou

is it true that you need a modchip in order to play pirated wii games?

i bought several wii games from HK, but i couldn't play them on my wii machine in the US.

if so, where do you get a modchip?

Guest aznfishyfart

i bought several wii games from HK, but i couldn't play them on my wii machine in the US.

the US version (maybe european version) are region locked, so u cannot play games from other countries

i think if u have the japanese version of the wii, u can

Guest GO!zilla

the US version (maybe european version) are region locked, so u cannot play games from other countries

nerd

Guest Jay Chou

damn....then i wasted my money on that shxt T_T

Guest ccw

No the Japanese version Wii is region locked as well . They all are , so yeah you need the wii mod chip . I think it's called the Wii Key.

I just got my Wii last week , had to wait in line for 4 hours but was worth it :3.

Oh and those who are looking for colored Wii's you can either send yours in here http://www.colorwarepc.com/products/select_Wii.aspx

and pay for them to do it or pay for a system and color from them . Don't know if anyone posted that site yet but yeah.

Mods have always been necessary to play pirated games. Where have you been in the past decade?

Guest skwannabe

I want to sell my Wii but don't know how much I should set the price around. I've had it for like 2 months and don't really play it. I have zelda, moh, wii sports and rayman. Two remotes as well as two nun chucks and also got a classic controller. And lastly got a 1 gig SD card. How much should I ask, trying craiglist before hitting ebay.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hiatus

can't find it anywhere in Canada but auctions site that cost 23843028042384 ><!!!

however im so happy I spent 90 US$ in total for the Wii console and im gonna get it ship I dont know when. LOL don't you love those freebies website. 90$ bucks when it's suppose to cost you 245$ lol

my next target is the ps3 lol.

oh yeah, other than Mario... and Zelda any good games to play? =/

also a question for those who have a Wii for like 3+ months are you sick of your wii or you still enjoy it...

Guest dudeman

^ Well, I for one had just gotten WarioWare...and discovered that the major Wii titles usually (but not always) come out once a month...not to mention the Smash Bros. countdown...

So yeah, there's not really much of a reason for me to be sick of it any time soon :).

Archived