Nintendo Wii: The Next Generation Nintendo Console

Guest 1SwtDeception

Guest aznfishyfart

:o

ahhh man i loved nights for the sega saturn... seriously, it had to be one of the best games ever lol..

I wanna get a wii now :(... im holding out for a ps3 though.. ahh damn why dont they just make an all in one console lol

ill make u one.....it'll cost 2000$ hows that sound ^ ^

dang it....y do i keep getting top of the page lol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ryisakooguy

I bring you, the much anticipated Biohazard (Resident Evil) Umbrella Chronicles...

vlphp040761vg5.th.jpg vlphp040640ek6.th.jpg

Posted these as thumbnails so to view the full image you'll have to log in.

And an odd play but I'm not surprised at Capcom milking their cash cow...

Resident Evil 4 (Wii)

vlphp040773xs2.th.jpg vlphp040776uy5.th.jpg

Quote from IGN...

"...The Wiimote is used to aim a targeting cursor in order to target and fire at your enemies. To reload, you hold down on the B trigger and shake the Wiimote. In case you were wondering, the built-in speaker is being programmed with a reload sound effect.

The Wiimote is also used for close-range attacks. When an enemy approaches, all you have to do is give the Wiimote a little of the shake-shake. The game automatically detects the direction of the enemy and makes Leon perform a knife attack. This move can also be used against trees and barrels.

The rest of the game has also been modified to take account of the Wii's unique controller. Interactive event scenes display the Wii buttons when prompting for input. Some events require that you shake the Wiimote.

A trailer for the first original Wii entry in the Resident Evil series (RE:UC) will be included with RE4 Wii Edition. RE4 is set for Japanese Wii release on 5/31"

^wow i neva knew about RE:C until you showed me. it looks pretty koo. although it sorta reminds me of that survivor game which was crap back then in PSone. sounds interesting with the wiimote...

then ive never played RE:4 from beginning to end soo nows my chance! thanks for the heads up.

yes, capcom milkin the cow. gee...they've been doin that over n over n over again. i really want a NEW megaman, a NEW resident evil [actually they are], and A NEW STREET FIGHTER cmon!! actually ive been dying for a new capcom 'versues' game. i dont care if they make a new capcom evolution game...just as long as its in the format similar to mvc2. just imagine dante. zero, n strider fight along side by side.

NiGHTS 2 is confirmed for WII

anybody else excited about this besides me?

------------------------------

http://wii.ign.com/articles/777/777545p1.html

"April 2, 2007 - SEGA of America and Europe today jointly announced NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams for Nintendo's Wii console. The game is the official sequel to the cult hit SEGA Saturn game in which players explored dream worlds and controlled a jester with the ability to fly. Journey of Dreams seems to follow the same basic premise.

According to SEGA, the title enables gamers to control a jester named NiGHTS through Nightopia, "a rich and vibrant world where dreams come to life." Players will, of course, utilize the Wii remote for what SEGA calls a "heightened sense of gliding, spiraling and looping through seven mystical dream worlds." In addition to soaring through the stages, gamers will battle Nightmares from the the land of Nightmare.

In an official statement made to the Japanese press today, Nights: JoD producer and Sonic Team veteran Takashi Iizuka said, "In 1996, under the concept of 'a refreshing feeling of flight,' we created Nights, a character of the world of dreams who dances through the skies. Eleven years later, the long silence broken, Nights will soar through a new dream world. A new stage, a new story, and a new plaftorm, the Wii. Please look forward to the new adventure of Nights and friends."

"We plan to deliver a gameplay experience never before seen on the Wii with NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams," said Scott A. Steinberg, vice president of marketing, SEGA of America. "The game takes full advantage of the unique Wii Remote controller enabling gamers to guide NiGHTS through spectacularly designed dream worlds intertwined with a story about hope and courage."

According to unconfirmed rumors, NiGHTS began its life for 360 and PS3, but was later moved to Wii. The title is being developed by SEGA Studios USA and is set for a fall 2007 release.

Overseas magazines broke the story (and embargo) last week, showcasing first screenshots of NiGHTS for Wii. In addition, the game's director revealed that a two-player mode and some form of online compatibility were likely for the title.

IGN Wii will have much more on the game in the coming weeks. Stay tuned."

^glad that nights is coming back. i loved that game when it came out on tha saturn, soo fun! its good that its on the wii...it has the perfect controller for it. i wonder how the gameplay will change, since nowadays its a whole different ball game. only problem that i have is...why is nights wearing that white vest? he looks dope with his original custom. ehh btw, is nights a guy or a girl? bwhaha...i found out that he was guy from reading the comcis but i always thought nights was a girl.

Guest CK92842

With the release of Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles it would be wise if Nintendo makes an effort to release a finished model of the blaster we saw as a prototype when the Wii was first announced.

zapperprototypewii3sf8.jpg

The game chronicles the events of Remake up until 4 if I'm not mistaken. All this just before RE5 is released in 2008 on both the PS3 & X360.

Taken from Wiki...

"The story will be told from Umbrella's point of view and shed more light on the company's activities and its downfall. Albert Wesker will play a very important role. Several mysteries from past games will be explained through documents the player can find. All characters from the first three Resident Evil titles will appear in their respective stages. So far only Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine (voiced by actress Tara Platt)[6], Albert Wesker, Rebecca Chambers and Billy Coen have been shown."

At the risk of sounding stupid, I just have to ask. I just got Zelda in the mail the other day from Gamefly and I'm stuck on the fishing part right at the very start of the game and have no idea how to reel it in. I get the "Fish On" message just before reeling it in but I've do so a dozen times and no luck. You'll have to excuse my X360 gamer hands. :blush:

Guest CK92842

I flipped it up but had nothing to show for it in the end. I managed another way though so thanks anyway.

By the way, a nice little update. Japanese Umbrella Chronicles teaser is up on their site. It sounds like Misao Senbongi is handling the soundtrack once again as the trailer music sounds related to Resident Evil 4.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio_uc/

A zapper? Wow so cool. I just got my Wii on Friday and good thing I bought insurance on it cause it froze up for a good 20-25 seconds already. My package came with the Sports games and I was thinking it would be cool if they came up with a fishing pole with a reeler. I wish I could be a developer. = ( Zapper's so cool. You guys were right I'm definitely having more fun with the Wii and PS 3 is being used to play DVDs >_< eek.

I love Biohazard. I remember I was really into it and whenever I asked for Biohazard people were like no there's no Biohazard. I thought and still think Biohazard is a much cooler name than Resident Evil but I'm used to it now. I remember when I first played oh it totally freaked me out but I like shooting games.

Guest ryisakooguy

^you just got one?!?!

ughh...i offically hate the wii now. i went out for 3 hrs checked 10+ stores...and all of them didnt have one. i hate the wii...until i get one. gawddd...

baka! baka! baka!

sorry, just venting out to you guys.

maybe i couldnt find one because [sounds a lil corny] i guess i didnt want one truly in my heart. bwhaha...cause i wanted the ps3 more and i really, really wanted it. so the day i actually went out to find one, i got one. soo maybe that could be it? i danno if you guys think im trippin or something but have you ever seen 'the sercert'? sry for being off topic but it was kinda crazy...its about thinkin postive and the things that you truly want, you'll always get. check it out...its worth something to watch.

Guest Poetic Prophet

I seriously feel like those japanese guys in the Wii commercials. Except im Chinese and theres only one of me...WHy i feel this way is because last night i was invited over my friends house to watch UFC 69. I asked if i should bring the Wii over because one of my friends wanted to play with it. He said go for it, so i did. After the fight we hooked up the Wii and got to playing.

let me give you some background on my friend. He currently has the 360 and loves it. After playing the Wii last night he said "this is the most fun i have ever had playing a video game. I am seriously gonna start looking for one tomorrow" this same guy though you could tell he was sweating after Wii Boxing for like 4 rounds. He was still having a good time.

My friends all had a blast and they only played pretty much the Wii Sports sampler and a little bit of Madden. But they all picked it up and played and they all enjoyed themselves. So i think got 3 more people to go and look for a Wii. hehe, i wish i was paid commission for advertising...

Oh hell yea. NIGHTs is coming back! I loved that game. Just the whole experience on the saturn with its craptacular graphics was mind blowing!

Peace!

^you just got one?!?!

ughh...i offically hate the wii now. i went out for 3 hrs checked 10+ stores...and all of them didnt have one. i hate the wii...until i get one. gawddd...

baka! baka! baka!

maybe i couldnt find one because [sounds a lil corny] i guess i didnt want one truly in my heart. bwhaha...cause i wanted the ps3 more and i really, really wanted it. so the day i actually went out to find one, i got one. soo maybe that could be it? i danno if you guys think im trippin or something but have you ever seen 'the sercert'? sry for being off topic but it was kinda crazy...its about thinkin postive and the things that you truly want, you'll always get. check it out...its worth something to watch.

^

AHHAHAHHAHAHAHA AH HAHHAHAHAHAHHA you crack me up. I haven't heard baka baka baka used in a while outside of the family. We use that word alot. Very nice~! Perfect use of it. Let me point my finger at you or nudge you on the head and say "baka baka" too. ^__^

As for the secret. Let's get real ok? It's for people who don't know what positive thinking is and has never really put it into practice. How many of the truly good things that we know we should do, do we really put into practice? Like the phrase, "If at first you don't succeed try try again". We might use it during video games because it's uncritical of us and we can always save and do it over right? But in real life, we really feel the repercussions (<--spell check please) of failing and being told "no, you suck". And sometimes it seems we don't get the multiple chances we can take playing games. So really. don't go too deep into the "secret". Thinking positive definitely is proven to stimulate your cells differently but this doesn't work like that for an overweight person just sitting down and thinking that they're going to lose weight really does lose weight or someone with cancer who just sits there thinking they beat it will survive. It's to an extent and like all games, there's an end or limit like the phrase "mind over matter". Some things can be conquered with mind over matter but to an extent, right?

Find your passion. When people have passion about something they'll go to all lengths to reach the goal of their passion. Example: Naruto fto become Hokage. Whatever it takes, he'll try to go for it all the way even in his shortcomings.

Poetic Prophet: ---> Oh boxing...I love that one. I suck at it too I have to practice.

What do you think about my idea for a fishing pole with a reel????!! I want one. I want to develop one. You know the Wii really makes me want to change my life goal and go join production or design. I feel so guilty too about PS3. I feel like I'm cheating on PS 3. Hahahaha... >_< cause I have more fun with Wii now. I couldn't help but notice also that buying a separate controller and knuckle is so darn expensive.

Guest BR1TT4NYy

^you just got one?!?!

baka! baka! baka!

well and easy way to get one is wait for the sunday LA times ads and check it before the store opens, or you can check online for their weekly ads around 12:20 am

thats what i did and thats how my other friends got one too

they usually pass out vouchers a lil before the store opens to guarantee it

but wow, i didnt they were still out of stock o_O

Guest love_smack

Geesh, my Wii was so hard to find! I would look or call places, and yet it was my own mother who went to Wal Mart and immediately recognized it (she had played it at a friends house), she bought it and now says that its hers. Even though she rarely plays it...

Does everybody get the bad arm muscle aches? I have to stretch beforehand (and note i do exercise), but I still found that my arms hurt after each time of playing.

Also, I was wondering if I should get the Zelda game, I don't really play RPG's at all so I guess I go under beginner...but still interested since it looks fun, but scared because it might be too hard.

(the last time i recalled playing and rpg was on my old gameboy, i don't think that can count for experience)

Guest Velocitii

quick question about the sensor bar

im using the sensor bar that nintendo put in the package, how far do you have to sit from the tv to be able to use it? and can you sit diagnagally (sp), im tired of having my friends line up from short to tallest 3 feet from the tv screen just to be able to play it, oh and i play in a small room

Also, I was wondering if I should get the Zelda game, I don't really play RPG's at all so I guess I go under beginner...but still interested since it looks fun, but scared because it might be too hard.

(the last time i recalled playing and rpg was on my old gameboy, i don't think that can count for experience)

what makes zelda difficult in a way are the huge mazes and puzzles. just requires patience and "remembering where you were" to do well in Zelda.

if you want an easy game, you should check out Super Paper Mario. I haven't played it, but if its anything like the previous paper mario games, it should be not so difficult. the paper mario games are meant for ages 9+ i think.

Guest CK92842

quick question about the sensor bar

im using the sensor bar that nintendo put in the package, how far do you have to sit from the tv to be able to use it? and can you sit diagnagally (sp), im tired of having my friends line up from short to tallest 3 feet from the tv screen just to be able to play it, oh and i play in a small room

You could try the Nextronics Wii Wireless Sensor Bar. It's been getting nothing but positive reviews, wireless done right.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/764/764745p1.html

I don't own but I did use it on a friend's 106" projection screen. B)

I thought it might help if I posted this bit of news concerning the Wii.

Defective Twilight Princess Replacement...

And finally, Monster will release a component video cable for the Wii.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/wii/monsters-wii-...able-250429.php

After this bit of news I'll be selling my official Nintendo Wii component cables. <_<

^ I played tennis yesterday with the Wii and it froze again but now that I think about it, it might be the disc but I already called the manufacturer and they're sending me a new system soon. Isn't that amazing. You know but they never asked for any kind of identification so for all they knew I might not even have one? I wish I could keep both but after they send me the new one, they're going to charge me if I don't send one back. But still I don't have to go anywhere to get it replaced.

Guest CK92842

I haven't had a chance to check yet and currently my Professor is boring the heck out of me so here I am browsing during class. :lol:

I'll check this bit of info when I get home but just thought I should let everyone know that according to Joystiq, the Wii's Opera browser final version is now available for download.

* Auto-hide toolbar

* Display cursors from multiple Wii remotes (though only Player 1 can actually click)

* Favorites page immediately accessible

* Improved website compatibility

* Improved zoom leaves text crisp at all levels

* New and better scroll interface

* Search button on the toolbar

* Start up time decreased by 5 seconds

* URL text (www and com) easily accessible

The free download of the browser ends in June. After that, late adopting Wii owners will be charged 500 Wii Points ($5 USD) for the browser.

Archived