Onew's teeth

Guest max1430266021

Guest max1430266021

a matter of ..I was kinda affascinated by the fact that he is not absolutely Perfect and he is still Onew with or without crooked teeth. He's smile is priceless so is not that the point. I wanted to express my thoughts from another point of view : health.

53522059-1.jpg

If you watch at the picture above you can see the exact position of his teeth

- the bottom part is Overcrowded
(overly crowded teeth can cause an increased chance of gum disease as the teeth are harder to clean and can prevent the normal function of teeth)

crossbite.jpg
- Crossbite
(when the upper and lower jaws are both misaligned - can cause wear of the teeth, gum disease and bone loss)

untitled-5-2.jpg

- Overbite
(the upper teeth overlap significantly with the lower teeth - can lead to gum problems or irritation, and/or wear on the lower teeth and can cause painful jaw and joint problems)
invisalign_clip_image004.jpg

So, beyond the fact that he is handsome either way - and we all agree with that
U-know (DBSK) used to have crooked teeth and SME fixed that in order to protect the image of DBSK
But Onew's case is different. Is not about image, is about health and there are several therapies that can be used to correct all above. How come SME doesn't fix his teeth?

b0107286_4cc45598e5a3a-1.jpg

*cr pics: onewsama/onewstyle/vanillalatte

edit: He's extremely cute with those bunny teeth, I'm just solicitous about his health so the topic is health. I didn't post this to criticize, for God sake - I'm an MVP. Seems like some people only cares about the look .. <_<

Though you have a point about the health factors, I believe the reason he has not fixed his teeth is simply because Onew himself is not bothered by them. Yunho did not get his teeth fixed solely to 'protect the image of DBSK', Yunho said it himself that it was hard for him to sing and speak, for his teeth got in the way. If SM really felt as though Onew's teeth were a problem, I am sure they would have suggested he fixed them. However, if his teeth are not bothering him, and are not affecting his performance in anyway, then I suppose he does not feel any need to change. I am sure they are aware of the heath risks associated with his teeth (unless he's like, never been to an orthodontist :blink: ), so if they have not advised him to fix the problem, then it must be fine.

Like you said, the fans are not going to care if his teeth are a little misaligned, he is still awesome. :)

Guest heavenhell

@sherbertexplosiom Agree. Since Onew's teeth (front teeth?) have been broken before (after he fell) I'm sure his teeth already checked by an orthodontist. And the orthodontist probably diagnosed that his teeth doesn't need to be fixed.

Aside from that, shouldn't this topic be posted in official Onew thread?

Guest kenda

Fix teeth prob doesn't look simple like they said, it's really dangerous and if it isn't necessary, just let it be, he's stil gorgeous

i have overbite prob just like Onew and when i check with my doctor, it's a major surgery around 3h and 1 month of liquid drink only and it's dangerous

Guest childish

Agree. Between the third incisor and the canine there is a large space due to the excessive displacement of the first incisor. Not only that gives pain when chewing but can cause teeth decay because teeth will keep moving if there is space. Even though i like him that way too i bet sooner or later he will fix that necessarily (source - experience) Regarding your question "Why SM don't fix Onew's teeth" i would say ..... $? It takes time to recover and time means money in SM's world vicx.gif (okay, that was mean but still....) phew.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pearlchu

gahh.he did fix his teeth.and yeah it was because he fell.><

his teeth must be broken till he need to fix it.but btw there are no big differences before and after he fixed his teeth.:)

• 2 months later...
Guest dzarah_saky

i dont think he need anything for now....but even if SM want to fix his teeth,i dont think Onew want to do it anyway...he just him....if that's not bothering him...just let it be....^_^

• 2 months later...
Guest dearheart

i think sm doesnt wanna change him because it would be way too obvious...

the fans would cause uproar because most girl fans (not saying that you don't) love him just the way he is

and that means changes are out of the question XD

so in a way they're part of his image..

changing them wouldn't protect it .. just, well, change it ^^

they're kinda a trademark ^_~

• 2 months later...

Lots of celebrities get their teeth fixed, but I heard that many only get their top row done because when they smile, mostly only their top row shows and also because the companies want to save money...

Not too sure how reliable that is, but it seems logical to me

• 4 weeks later...
Guest WaeOppaaa

As long as Onew is pleased with his teeth, then I'm happy with them, too. I think it's nice to see a bit of imperfection in idols, because they're always primped and made up and in top-name clothing; they're still just people >w>

His teeth give him even more charm, imo~

• 4 weeks later...
Guest letitslide-

Onew's such a cutie! If he likes his teeth, then I'm fine :3 he's such a cuuuutie <3 I have an overbite too!! My teeth suck. So much gaps and stuff, should totally show you guys one day~ LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Archived