What are your favorite small Korean and Japanese restaurants in Bay Area

Guest Somiac

I know there are obviously A LOT of restaurants, but I'm talking about those small ones that just have a nice environment and calmer feeling, larger ones you feel kind of rushed to eat..
Some of my favorites are -TantoEnJangmojibKorea Fusion(Now closed ><) and for a bit larger scale jangsujang...but I haven't been here in crazy long!VerdeA new place also Gyu-kaku...is pretty good.
I'm trying to find more restaurants to try out so let me know :] and preferably ones that also have a vegetarian/fish based menu as well...I've also been trying to find a really good place that serves bibimbap with a choice of shrimp or some type of fish but so hard to find.. @.@

well, ohgane in oakland is my favorite and im pretty picky in korean food. its not really small, but its worth trying out if u like good food. they have good duk bo sam too. which is rare in the bay area

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh! There was this Korean restaurant that my best friend took me to in Oakland, but I forgot what the name was.
If anyone knows where Telegraph is, it's around that Korean section of Oakland.

Archived