Adhan in MBLAQ Idol Army ! [Update]

Guest Eman

[Muslim fans of Korean Entertainment]

mblaqj.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mxDdWaJFcE

on Jan 20th 2010, in episode 6 of MBLAQ Idol Army, they were playing a game and there were losers, while announcing the losers they played the Adhan as a sad music !!!

I know people might think " so what !!"...

playing the Adhan as music is really offensive towards Muslims.

we don't blame MBLAQ because they didn't do anything wrong, it was the PD team who used the Adhan.

we are not angry at them, they probably didn't know what is the meaning of Adhan, but how can they don't know the source of the music or anything they use for any program ???

we want them to know that there are a LOT of Muslim fans of Korean entertainment and they were upset by this. we are asking for apology and we hope that they don't use the Adhan or any Islamic material in their program.

What is Adhan?

It is the Islamic call to prayer by the muezzin in the mosque for five times a day summoning Muslims for mandatory (fard) prayers (salah).

Translation of Adhan:

Allahu Akbar - God is the greatest

Ash-hadu an la ilaha illallah - I bear witness that there is no deity except Allah

Ash-hadu anna Muhammadan rasulullah - I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah

Hayya 'ala-salatt - Make haste towards worship

Hayya 'ala 'l-falah - Come to the true success

Al-salatu khayrun min an-nawm - Prayer is better than sleep

Alla-hu akbar - God is the greatest

La ilaha illallah - There is no deity except Allah

so now we are trying to find a way to contact MBC in order not to repeat this act again, As it had already happened before during a performance for a band called Jaurim at MKMF 2008, but they apologized for that.

I went to MBC's website but i didn't understand because it was all in Korean. and I am a beginner at Korean language, I only know how to read but I don't know what am I reading, except for a few words

If anyone know how to contact MBC, please tell me

Karaz, have sent message to MBC, and they have replied on her that to submit her complaint on the section at their website [Link]. she did so!!

I hope you all do the same, to look in the issue quickly and seriously.

you can find how to registration in MBC website on this link : Sarang Arabia

Guest meme joon

I agree with you Eman.I was very shocked to hear the "Athan",

I know they didn't put it on purpose but as a Muslim,I feel really disappointed.

I hope that this will not happen again.

(Please be more careful).

Guest hype8750

^

^

really ??

well i'm mad about this too....

i hope that they (MBC) feel more sensitive about this issue

Guest Platinum

=/

you would think they would have learned when Jaurim used it in their MKMF performance and got flamed for it... pds should really check what they use...

Guest miss_butterfly

I didn't realize at first...but after u said...yaaah...that's Adzan. PD/ MBC must be careful next time and please apologized since this is very sensitive issue...

Guest Lishathestain

... aw hell no.

did they just find the adzan while browsing online and thought "o hey this sounds sad & depressing. don't care about the lyrics it's not in korean anyway. or english w/e let's play it for the loserrrsssss!"

Thanks to you all for your comments

Karaz, have sent message to MBC, and they have replied on her that to submit her complaint on the section at their website [Link]. she did so!!

I hope you all do the same, to look in the issue quickly and seriously.

Guest prisha

I agree with you Eman !!!

Serioulsy, this is really disrespectful

they should apologize or at least say something to us to clarify this issue.

Guest juma48

I agree with you MBC should have done research thoroughly first before just using the bgm. In fact, i dont understand why are they using it, it doesnt sound fit/suited with the whole show they should have at least use some slow motion song instead. Duh what the producer are thinking??? 0_0

Guest Mariposa28

hmm im disapointed too, what are they thinking???

ignorance really, they should check before, ahh, i'll send a complaint too, thanks for letting us know Eman

Guest heechul lover

oh no shame on them who put it in the first place OMG leave our athan AWAY FROM youR videos mbc i AM very very MAD

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xeitah

this is not right ..i m really mad ... i dont know about this ... we should comment under this video u know guys... i think they thought the Adhan is a song??? how ignorance ! they should check and confirm it first!!!!!!i hope this thimg will not happen again!

Guest *lilyisland*

I also agree with u , we should never offence any religion especially when we know nothing about that religion, ppl should support by submitting their complaints to MBC..

Guest -quiescent

WOW. I understand that the PD doesn't know (probably - most likely) what the Adhan is but seriously, aren't you meant to check first before using? The PD deserves to be ashamed of himself - religion is a touchy issue.

As a Muslim, I am offended but won't make a big deal out of this. Hopefully after the message sent to MBC, the PD will learn to research before using anything. Which really is just pure common sense.

Hope MBLAQ won't get bashed about this, it's the PD's fault.

Guest wowitsdanny

Lol... That's funny to me. Everyone here is acting like they did this on purpose knowing what the music meant.

Archived