Ganji Fashion.

Guest kimseo

Guest kimseo

You guys, Ganji isn't a specific style. Ppl have already said this. It's not exactly big shirts, baggy pants, nike dunks, and hats. Ganji means to be stylish and so soompi though Jessica was the most stylish so ppl did not vote for her because they didn't know what ganji is. -_-;

ganji DOES mean that you have good fashion sense and put things together well, that's what it means when someone compliments you about it..but when you get to how to dress, the pictures i gave is what pops up when you hit "ganji style" in naver's search box, which means that's pretty much what it is.

It can go both ways. ^_^

It can be a term (간지좔좔, 뽀대난다, 간지난다, etc) to say you're stylish,

But it's also a fashion category. According to naver, anyway.

---------------------------

I'm sorry if this has been brought up in the past; I searched already for about an hour and nothing like this really came up. I also apologize if this doesn't belong as a new thread. I thought that ganji style doesn't really fit in as "fob" style, because ... it's not really "fob". (ex. Fob for girls is kind of more girly, while for girls for ganji style are more tomboyish). It's just worn by fobs. Well, certain fobs.

What is "Ganji" Style?

Hah, I can't explain it very well. Sorry - 3-, I suck at explaining. But usually when people use it towards you, they mean you have very good style. (I believe it's actually a Japanese word?) It's sort of like "well coordinated hiphop" fashion (*streetwear ^^). Most of the times, famous brands are worn and/or displayed in the pictures of the said fashion. Brands such as, Adidas (Trefoil logo), Nike, STUSSY, SAKUN, Converse, New Era 59Fifty caps (often New York Yankees), Polo Ralph Lauren, Levis, DC, Louis Vuitton, Zoo York, Vans, etc. all the $$$$ brands D:

Certain articles of clothing or accessories are also worn like big "nerd" glasses, cargo pants, certain brands+types of shoes (Nike AF, Nike Dunks, Adidas Superstars, etc.), tags, Polos, baggy jeans, D-SLR cameras (Nikon, Canon), Polaroids, watches, backpacks, big bags, etc.

Hairstyles, for girls, are...somewhat a part of the style. Straight/blunt bangs that are often short and sometimes hair that is partially tied up like in some of the pictures. teasing & volume. for guys, long--but not super long--hair.

Famous ulzzangs such as Kim Boram and Ban Yoonhee (as shown below) have made this type of style pretty popular in Korea. I believe it started somewhere around 2005-2006?

Examples! (Lots of them.)

Girls

46022478td4.jpg

36163809df4.jpg

l2cb939ce7e51d38f7f5834co8.jpg

30449073df0.jpg

6c41ea8.jpg

4r8ji9k.gif

521lba1.jpg

6h3h7nl.jpg

6gbdll2.jpg

62762za.jpg

2980481172016418ba6.jpg

010xc1.png

011wx2.png

22685221mw4.jpg

eeno8.jpg

70370226ep3.jpg

70112225ng4.jpg

94289593fp2.jpg

50906435zy8.jpg

93463758xu8.jpg

90619189hg1.jpg

60091653th3.jpg

68239100ph3.jpg

57300652iw3.jpg

12284469co3.jpg

Credits to Naver.

There's more on:

www.hiphoper.com

www.rainbowshock.com

www.naver.com

www.superrabbit.co.kr (KIM BORAM's shop)

www.pighip.co.kr (BAN YOONHEE's shop)

MORE EXAMPLES

GIRL&GUY EXAMPLES

GIRL EXAMPLES (Kim Boram, etc.)

GUY EXAMPLES! & Ulzzang Park Ga Young

I know a LOT of people who don't like the style very much and I can see where they come from.

I like it though, it appeals to me for some reason. I noticed the style in the summer of 2006 when I was back in Korea. ^^

Although I don't see it mentioned here a lot in Soompi ;;; so I guess it's not that known here? I see a lot of contests on Myspace, though. ^^;

Well, at least someone should I know what I'm talking about. >_< Or..I'm alone on this. Eh. Anyway. You'll learn something new. (:

Any more pictures? Comments? [Nice] Critisism? :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest deportedkorean

hmm, weird, i always thought this was more of a korean fashion...we get a lot of japanese tourists here, and they usually wear fobby clothes or punk rock-ish clothes (but girly).

Guest tramy

this style is cool!...but i doubt ill ever pull it off. next time i go out..ill try to dress somewhat like this. LOL!..perfect! i just have to steal my bro's clothes.

Guest bomjit

reminds me of like the skater boy style but with like brand named clothes :)

It looks really cool tho, would love to wear it!

Guest Romancer.

^ baggy clothes can make you look thinner. It works for me. I guess it's different for different people.

Guest deportedkorean

^most "big" people look worse in baggy clothes...they look better in formfitting (BUT NOT NECESSARILY TIGHT!) and thicker fabrics (nothing like spandex and stuff...they just show every roll). think about it...

the shape of a big girl in baggy clothes: big piece of paper

the shape of a big girl in form fitting clothes: a peanut?

if you look at these shapes in 2d, which one looks skinnier?

the peanut...

so you go girl, you wear that peanut.

Guest Honey_Babee

omg i really hate that style. it makes the girl look like she have no richard simmons what so ever.

Archived