少女時代 Girls' Generation (소녀시대) Official Thread

Guest Soy

Guest Lishathestain

anyway, minho is sooo cute on the set of Gee! Its hard to believe that hes younger than most of our snsd girls. XD It would be so cute to hear him call snsd noonas. keke <3 SMTOWN LOVEE.

Wow, SNSD is #1 everywhere! Fricken epic. Im so happy and excited.

totally forgot that he's younger than most of the girls -_- rofl. it'll be cute if there's like an opening scene of him serenading one the girls "noona you're so pretty .. so i let u borrow my group's pants" :lol:

no but really, i'm so excited for the MV!! 1 more day kinda? lol.

Just a thought you think the song is doing well because of the "itch" that's been there for a long time for them to come out with something, or you guys think the song is good enough hmm?

I'm not sure about the others. for me honestly, first time hearing it, it was a bit upsetting.

But, it's not because the song itself is bad. It's more because i can't differentiate their voices (except Seohyun, Sica & Taengoo) while i usually can.

After couple of time playing it&knowing who sings which line, i enjoy the song more?

To me the song itself is a really fresh&up beat songs. the kind of song that would brighten up my day :D lol. It's Different from what the girls had for their first album.

It's repetitive like what most Koreans seem to dig these days, but it still has this SM quality to it.

Non-fans might think it's the same cute-sy songs, but i'm sure to most snsd fans, it has this different feeling, thus makes it fresh.

Now, a good song plus the waiting/itch = excitement goes up.

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought you think the song is doing well because of the "itch" that's been there for a long time for them to come out with something, or you guys think the song is good enough hmm?

For me, I honestly love the song - it's catchy. I never had an "itch" because I wasn't really an SNSD fan until "Gee" came out.

The song isn't exactly "amazing" but I find myself listening to it all day. ^^

I think "Gee" is getting popular because their fans and many people have been itching waiting for them, but also because the song is likable.

Guest xboredguy

im so excited for the album to come out tomorrow that i put 1/6/09 on all my assignments today lol

my teachers were all like "you must still be in vacation mode"

I find its an SM tactic XD, most SM artists go on hiatus for a while in between releases and well- it does make people miss them and cause hype for their comeback, which works well for SM artists as each release has a different and fresh quality about it- so people always speculate whats next (as they know it could be completly different) therefore causing more hype.

I mean i know a few groups (from other companies) that stick to a particular 'sound' once they find one that becomes popular. You'll hear elements that they always use, it becomes their trademark and that works well for them, SM sort of does a rotation bubblegum pop to a more mature pop (XD?) to SMP songs SM artists are pretty much expected to be able to perform all.

totally forgot that he's younger than most of the girls rofl. it'll be cute if there's like an opening scene of him serenading one the girls "noona you're so pretty .. so i let u borrow my group's pants"

no but really, i'm so excited for the MV!! 1 more day kinda? lol.

LOL ahaha, Their stylists seem to share the same liking for colourful pants (snsd and shinee have different stylists right?)

Cute voices - hmm, well we know that their vocals can be smooth and mature through other songs and special stages (T.O.P special stage <3) so i can live with it, it fits the lyrics though - the lyrics had me grinning at how adorable they were ><

It is so awesome to hear that the girls have topped charts and broken records [it makes it so much easier to ignore/scoff at antis cos we have the evidence to back up the girls popularity =x]

Guest brad;☆

hahaha dayummm, i LOVE their new song ;]]]

sooo in love, haha xD

its so happy! and its REALLY catchy,

it was in my head ever since the day the teaser came out! LOLLL :]]]

Guest onewaylove

I think it's a combination of both xP anticipation + hype + new s<3nes + catchy song + epic teaser = success~ (i could go on and on lol)

& about the shinee... well minho & snsd collab... hahah! noona nomu yeppo~!!x9 ♥ they totally came to mind when i saw soshi's pants too :P they look good in them though~ colorful!!

well.... who else has had Gee on repeat for like a million hours? I have... I can't get tired of it, omg xD

ps can someone tell me whose is whose in here? :x thanks!!

Guest jobenLOL

my first time posting at this thread,

but i seriously love Gee (: its stuck in my head now XD LOL .

oh & i was wondering if anyone knew if YesAsia would have the Gee Poster & just not the album?

Guest Mellerz

yay. finally, translations are out. thanks.

read Yoona's message. i swear, the girl is a sweetheart.

glad she's finally back with the girls and ready for the comeback.

man, this year is starting off so great already.

can't wait for the MV plus the comeback stage all this week! -SPAZZ-

PLUS, i finally pre-ordered my copy. whoo! sica, this one's for you! no more skinniness!

Guest hello_world409

Wow, all I have to say is congrats to Soshi because they've been topping all these charts and stuff....

Finally a pic from their mv, totally cannot wait for the mv! Just one more day!

I would like to share a ps that I made, its nothing fancy ^^

picasioncom_5dc70788f673acbe7671da2.gif

I posted some in soshified too.....

Oh and Yoona with her message was so cute and sweet, glad to see her back with her members, although, I like 'You Are My Destiny'

it's becoming popular not coz the "itch" factor only but everything

and the song itself is getting better and better everytime i heard it lol

tbh im like =______________= GEE WTH is this?!?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOO!!!

then after listening it for over and over i love it >.<

besides many nonfans liking this song too kekeke

Guest &anita_*

Do what Sica does guys just .. Toss~

Hahaha I don't care about any comments .. rofl cause right now SNSD is on top of like all the charts and blowing people away ^^

http://osimage.freechal.com/Data/Image/200...843152100_1.jpg

MV .. looks like Tiffany wrote all the names on the board, I can tell her cursive a mile away... ^^

Ahh another picture~ Minho! seriously, i love him <3 im dying for the MV aaah, i really wanna know the plot!

i am a lurker, hehhehe

anyways; i just had to talk about gee!

- its sounds so good!! and its doing so well ALREADY, <3

i cant wait to hear the rest of the album~

hehehe, go soshi!

edit; ^ who cares? theyre still no.1 for now.

hi! glad you decided to post ^^ i also can't wait to hear the rest of the songs!

im so excited for the album to come out tomorrow that i put 1/6/09 on all my assignments today lol

my teachers were all like "you must still be in vacation mode"

ROFL~ SNSD is totally messing with our brains..seriously.

my first time posting at this thread,

but i seriously love Gee (: its stuck in my head now XD LOL .

oh & i was wondering if anyone knew if YesAsia would have the Gee Poster & just not the album?

hi welcome to the thread! I think YesAsia does have the poster..but you have to buy it separately~ but the album comes with a 44 page booklet also, if you didn't want to buy the poster ^^

and yeah i agree with citra~ actually if you looked in this thread, alot of people said that their initial reaction to the song was "WTH?! what is this GEE thing?" or atleast that was my response ._. so yeah.. not everyone was like "OMG i love it!"

but..yeah..lol! forgot what else i was gonna say -.-

Anyways, thanks guys for links and pics~ aah can't wait until the MV, but sadly i wont be on at that time T__T

edit; omg orangesmartie, can't believe they are already number 2! o.o and it just released yesterday..amajing T_T congrats to our girls~ im sure they are happy knowing that the song is doing well already :)

Guest ryanchoe082

@ryanchoe082; csjh is in japan.

yay for a sm boy in the mv xD

fany's script is really pretty.

edit; topped

Taeyeon25.gif

buy gee or taeyeon will kick your butt.

rofl-1.gif

classic moment XD

haha thanks..that pic is so funny the one where taeyon is kicking..where is that from?

Look who appeared on the mnet's Top 300 chart? Just starting from yesterday, and now, they are in second place behind V.O.S, but that's still pretty good considering it's a newly released song.

snsdgee01hy0.jpg

YESSSS THERE NO.2 in no time they'll be no.1 i think sm released this album at a very good time!

GEE is no.11 on this site. but that sites sorta weird with the rankings..anyways its good to see them high in the charts.

Guest CphirMaig

YoonA's Message is so cute~

cant wait for my copy of "Gee"

and a small update on internet charts:

Melon

Daily Chart: #10

Mnet

Daily Chart: #2

Dosirak

Daily Chart: #11

Muz

Daily Chart: #11

Cyworld

Streaming Chart: #1 (a 299900% increase)

MusicON

Real time Chart: #2

Naver

Top 100 Chart: #2

once the album being released there will be a big hype from Sone lol XD

since it's still like "Preview" no Mv yet and else but being on top 10 just within a day is a good thing

im anticipating the Mv and perf hahaha, i read that they will make a "G" point when it comes to GEE GEE GEE GEE rofl XD

and bum dance when it comes to "baby5x" part or "oh5x" part hahahahaha

Guest Coopcayke

Why didn't SM release a longer teaser for the MV?

The anticipation is killing mee!! >.<

Also, is Himnae=the Haptic song?

Guest toomuchsmiling

^ true true~

I can't wait for the MV, but what I'm really looking forward to is the actual performances.

I'm super curious about how the choreography is gonna look like! I'd imagine it to be super bouncy-like

b/c that's how the song is ya know? But we're just gonna have to wait and see! XD

Minho's gonna be in the mv? :lol: now i'm even more curious. Shinee&Snsd team! ;D

pinkberries yep Himnae is Haptic Song from what i read

we should wait and listen tomorrow since the album gonna be released on 7th

toomuchsmiling yah there will be bum dance and ponting "G" letter in the dance when it comes to "gee gee gee gee gee" hahahaha XD

shinee always supporting their sunbaes^^ i love how they're supporting taeyeon at GDA and when they watched the skit they laughed so hard SM Family is <33333

Guest kris_argee

wow! Gee is already topping almost all online charts

what more when they start performing live lol

i really wish that they'll continue topping the charts for a long time

and in only a few hours the other 4 songs will be released and the MV! ^^

ps can someone tell me whose is whose in here? :x thanks!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Yum...ox/Soshimsg.jpg

Seohyun, Hyoyeon

Yoona, Sunny

Yuri, Taeyeon

Sooyoung, Jessica

Tiffany

Archived