All About Languages

Guest HobbyManiac

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest misz.perfect.

English: I can read, write, and speak it. LOL. Duh. xD

Cantonese: I can speak it pretty fluently.

Spanish: I've learned it since the 2nd grade; though I'm not excelente at it, I can still maintain a simple conversation.

Korean I just started taking classes in the fall, so I pretty much stink at it. I can read and write it, though I don't know much vocabulary or grammar.

Japanese: I know random words and phrases, and that's basically it. LOL. However, I'm thinking of self-studying Japanese after I memorize all the hiragana and katakana first. I'm gonna take classes for it!! My parents finally agreeeed. So happy! LMAO!

Guest justinheavenly

I can speak english...

uhm...

my korean is pretty good!

I lived in taegu for a few years, so I speak with a noticeable gyeonsang accent...thing...

and I speak japanese

but only what I picked up from living in osaka for a little bit as I was growing up ^^

Guest PandaKiss

I can speak Cantonese and English fluently.

I can understand Mandarin but I hate speaking it, I think I sound retarded.

I know basic French, Korean and Japanese.

As in SUPER basic.

xD

Guest losborrachos

ENGLISH which is what i communicate in daily and might as well be my first language, except it's not 'cause you can get out of all kinds of trouble by saying "but english is my second language!"

INDONESIAN which is my real first language but god i'm so bad at writing it... like my grammar is all messed up...

SPANISH that's my third language... i have excellent pronunciation and whatnot but listening can be a problem if you're not from mexico (puerto rican, argentinian, and chilean accents get me all the time, as well as the vos form in spain spanish)

i guess i know some basic MANDARIN... like just enough to order food in hawker centers and stuff like that, 'cept that my pronunciation = fail!

Guest sphynkter

This is in order of how well I can speak each one

English

Chinese (Cantonese)

French

Chinese (Mandarin)

I took French for like 7-8 years and well now that I'm in college ... au revoir le Français.

Guest xxrainbowsun

1st Language: Chinese [Mandarin]

2nd Language: English

Besides that..

I can understand a little bit of Cantonese and Taiwanese.

And ..

I want to learn Japanese. ^____^

Archived