Official Perth Thread!

Antz

I just got the acceptance letter to Murdoch for Feb'08 semester. XD Happy!

congratulations on your acceptance to murdoch. what do you intend on studying?

i went to murdoch today myself. my friend had her graduation ceremony tonight, so we were taking photos (some really silly ones). its quite a nice campus. i like the new tav and the waterfall garden thing.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dopemills

Thanks a lot! I'm taking Biotechnology. Not exactly the most interesting subject was I guess I should be able to do ok with some Biology background.

Should be flying over a couple weeks earlier between the semester start. Wanna take a look at the place and stuff like that.

It's going to be my first time in Australia so I'm quite excited.

Any tips on where I should be visiting? Is there a Chinatown over there? I feel quite noob, probably should pick up a lonely planet or something. LOL

Anyway, been reading a couple of posts before mine about safety. What's up lately? Feeling quite aprehensive.

Thanks guys for replying!

Guest TrainDriver

^what country u from? anyway, i'm guessing u are 17/18 years old? umm perth compared to sydney and melbourne is uhhh kinda like country town :lol: the chinatown here isn't like chinatown in other places, nothing to do there. umm if u want to go see some nature, go visit king's park i suppose or the beach, but thats about it. oh yeh, avoid walking the streets at night if possible and avoid taking the bus too late, do not take the train either. oh and around the uni, avoid walking by urself near the bush and stuff, there have been incidents of rapes b4.

Hey there! umm well compared to Singapore.... Perth is a village. lol no offence. The malls? umm well we have a couple of big ones such as Garden City and Karrinyup... however, dont compare them to lets say Takashimaya or paragon on orchard road. and yeah there are heaps of asian grocery mart.. theyre mostly in william street in northbridge... theres not many tho! neways id rather be in singapore.. Trade spots? :D

Guest TrainDriver

Oh hi, I'm from Singapore. Well, I'm 20 actually. So old! ^^;;

How about the malls and stuff?

Is there an asian grocery mart around?

XD

where abouts are u staying? anyway if ur near murdoch uni, theres garden city for the mall, if not the city. um asian groceries, theres one not too far from murdoch uni also. go to either chan brothers or yee seng. the malls here are very very bad compared to singapore, plus a lot of stock is leftover junk from overseas :lol: in terms of clothes that is.

Guest fragment

isn't there a mini asian store at winthrop village? there's one at kardy too. & of cos chan brothers'. the daughter of the owner was in my school. we get discounts ahahaha

there's a lot! don't worry! there's also seoul mart in myaree... and they sell asian stuff in coles too... but of course the cheapest stuff is in the chinese stores i think.. but i like to buy the ramyun from seoul mart because sometimes they have hotter varieties.

there's asians EVERYWHERE so i don't think it will be that different hahaha

Guest TrainDriver

yeh, theres quite a few asian grocery stores, but the most popular has to be chan bros. couldn't have a better location in myaree, as winthrop is right next to it.

stupid stupid question but where is chan bros?^^ I have very little knowledge about that part of perth since i live near city beach area and usually just hang around the city....

Guest mystique

^ theres a chan brothers in melville.. right next to the dim sum restaurant, kinda near nandos..

theres another one on high rd in willetton.. near IGA and video ezy..

new nandos opened in caro!!! ;]

isn't there a mini asian store at winthrop village? there's one at kardy too. & of cos chan brothers'. the daughter of the owner was in my school. we get discounts ahahaha

do u go to rosmoyne by any chance? ahaha =P

Chan bro's is down south with most of the Chinese. Us people slightly north of perth don't have a chan bros, but I make the trek down there every month or so to get some Yong Tau Foo. Glad we don't live too far up North.

i went to primary school with one of the daughters but my mum doesn't like shopping there anymore .

the asian store at winthrop is REALLY mini, i reckon. there's never the stuff i want... i'd rather take a bus out to northbridge and get stuff there.

but if you're going to murdoch, you can take the circle route down to kardinya park. i sometimes shop there since we know the owners :P

^ah yes, forgot about all the grocery stores in chinatown :lol: hey sixth, haven't seen u in a while

haha yeah i've been busy with uni.

got midsems this week, ugh.

and we've been preparing for the royal show. i'm going to be be in the cattle ring!

so if anyone goes, they might see me :P i'll be the one walking a calf around like an idiot.

but entry to the show is a ripoff.

we're allowed to get extra tickets for our family for $5 but the usual price is 22 o_O

^ umm not really. we don't get any credit for it or anything, but it helps to learn how to deal with cattle, since we have to work with them later on.

it's pretty fun but by the end of the day, we all stink of poop.

Archived