Official Kan Miyoun Thread

Guest pekochan

Guest pekochan

OFFICIAL KAN MIYOUN THREAD!

my178.jpg

Welcome to the Official Kan Miyoun Thread!

Kan Miyoun, formerly of Baby VOX, has since released one album with two versions, Korean and Chinese and a digital album as well. She currently resides in both Korea and China and continues to perform her hit songs.

Brief profile and history:

Full Name - Kan Miyoun

Birthday- February 2, 1982

School Career - KyungGi University

Family - Lastborn; parents, older brother

Hobbies - Listen to sad songs, reading poems, snacking

Instrument - Bass Guitar

Color - Purple

What she does well - Playing around in a sweet and lovely way

Favorite foods - Anything edible

Address - Seoul

Height - 170cm (about 5'5"-5'6")

Weight - 47kg (about 103lbs)

Blood type - O

Nickname - "MoGiBap"(Mosquito food), Smurf

Religion - Atheist

What she likes most about herself - Her long eyelashes

Perfume - Lpagenzo, Burbury, CK, SOLO

Sleep habit - A pretty model pose

Forte - Making charms

Motivation to be in Baby VOX/entertainment - Wanted to just sing a song

Dream in childhood - To be a wonderful wife

Favorite color - Black, White, Pastel tones

Favorite Actress - Wooseong Jeong, Leonardo Dicaprio

Favorite Singer - Jeonghyun Park

Most precious thing - Her fans

Method to get rid of stress - Laughter

Motto - "When I decide to do something, I do it."

Characteristic - Dreamer, happy, a "spender"(spends money)

Ideal type of man - A gentle man and a hero in Cinema

If she wasn't a singer, she'd be - A coordinator

When she was in Baby VOX, Miyoun had been assigned the 'princess' role in the group, although she thinks of herself as simple and easy going. Unlike another ex-Baby VOX member, Kim Eiji, who works fast, Miyoun slowly gets things done. But she was the sleepyhead in the group and eats anything people give her. She has the unusual ability to pose like a model in her sleep.

Kan Miyoun joined the k-pop group Baby VOX in 1997. She didn't make her official debut in to the band until the second album, however, she did participate in some first album activites, as Baby VOX was phasing out the first generation members and replacing them with new faces, one being Kan Miyoun. Miyoun fit in quite well with the group and quickly formed close friendships with the other members. Her cute face, clear singing voice and fun dance moves earned her plenty of fans. While in Baby VOX, Miyoun had been assigned the 'princess' role in the group, although she thinks of herself as simple and easy going. Miyoun, unlike Kim Eiji, another band member who works fast, Miyoun slowly gets things done. But she was the sleepyhead in the group and eats anything people give her. She has the unusual ability to pose like a model in her sleep. Miyoun was arguably the most popular member of the group, because she was so kind to her fans. Baby VOX has since broken up and Miyoun has gone on to a solo career.

When Baby VOX officially broke up in March of 2006, Miyoun stayed quiet for a while. She made appearances at a few functions, but generally kept a low profile. In September 2006, her fans got a surprise. Miyoun is releasing her solo album! Everything was kept under wraps until the big news came out. The songs have been described as reflecting what has been going on in her life and that she is a maturing woman. The new solo album made a new name for Miyoun as one of the great solo artists and garnered her even more fans!

In July 2007, Miyoun moved to China. She had plans to stay there for one year, until July 2008. However, she has become so popular there, that she now divides her time between Korea and China. Miyoun is very popular in China and appeared weekly on a Chinese program entitled 'Just Two of Us' with stars such as Anson Hu. In December 2007, Miyoun released a digital single entitled 'Winter'. Miyoun is enjoying her immense success in China and Korea and is a prominent figure in the entertainment world. Fans from all around the world look forward to what her career brings!

ALBUM:

my2.jpg

01. So What

02. Old Woman (Ex-Girlfriend; Woman From the Past)

03. He Didn't Fall in Love with You featuring Yachaepa

04. Tears Draw You

05. White Snow is Falling

06. Go

07. Kiss featuring No Hong Cheol

08. Don't Touch

09. Please Find That Person

10. Is That All?

11. Break Up Dance

12. Old Woman Remix

*The lyrics for tracks 5 and 9 were composed by Miyoun

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest triplelee

and also the 5th track is a remake from chinese song

9th track is a remake of thai song "Lok haeng khwam fan" (lyrics by Miyoun herself)

10th track is a remake of jolin tsai' song

Guest Charlie_&_M

I was never a BBvox fan but only liked a few songs of them ^^.

I just watched her mv in Bestiz and I was like really surprised to see that her voice really improved and is very much mature than in all BBvox songs. I like the song too and the mv was really well made, Miyoun actually acted pretty good in the mv doing the sad face all the time LOL but overall the mv was made with quality.

I will just wait for her live in Mnet Countdown today and see if her live is as good as in the cd.

For the moment good point for the mv and her singing.

She's my fave BBVox member. I just downloaded her album and I'm only on track 6. I love it already. I am so buying it. <3 I can't wait to see her performance. (:

I just listen to her solo album. It was really great

but when i listen to "Go"... I feel like something is missing... Making me miss baby v.o.x even more

Looking forward to her performances!!

Kan Mi Youn Vol. 1 - Refreshing jahye's Album Review

Overall Feel: Ballad/Dance

I wouldn't categorize any of the songs as R&B. One of the major things I love about this album is the ballads aren't the heavy, R&B type. It doesn't have the overly exaggerated 'woah woah woahs' or as I like to call them, the "Hwanhee groans". (Oh my god, that guy beats a song to death that will make you hate it forever.) The songs also don't have the crazy, complex compositions like a SG Wannabe type of ballad. In this album, the music is lighter, but the voice is still able to come out strong and resonates without having to go crazy with moaning and groaning all over the song. She also slips in a couple of upbeat, dance songs that are quite nice.

Recommended Tracks

HIGHLY Recommended Tracks

1. 어쩌라고 (So What?)

Like I mentioned before, the music is lighter than what you would expect from an SG Wannabe ballad or any other R&B trio that specialize in ballads (See Ya, Gavy NJ, Vibe). The orchestra is still there, but it remains as just the music and doesn't take away your attention from the actual singing.

2. 옛날여자 (Old Woman)

The title song of her first album. A fine choice to make her first mark as a solo artiste. People who might have had problems with her voice being slightly screechy during her Baby VOX days should have no room to complain here. In my opinion, Mi Youn's strength is being able to sing the high parts exactly on key without sounding too airy or screechy and she demonstrates that very well in this song.

3. 그 앤 너에게 반하지 않았어 (He Didn't Fall In Love With You) feat. Yachaepa

However "cute" it might be to have some of the old school girls from Kpop get together and remind us they're still alive, I have to say this is one of my least favorite tracks. Maybe I missed the point that they were trying to channel the sound of current girlbands, since most of them were part of the whole movement of girlbands in the late nineties, but it's just not my cup of tea. I guess that's why I don't pay attention to any of the current boy/girlbands nowadays, but still have my love for those from the late nineties, because even though the song is sugary, I thought it was sweet to collaborate with her friends. (I just didn't like the song. :sweatingbullets: )

4. 눈물이 널 그려 (Tears Draw You)

One of my favorite tracks from the whole album. I love how Mi Youn can support the notes so well. Her voice isn't airy or trot-like and during the chorus she just melts you.

5. 하얀 눈이 내리면(White Snow is Falling) remake of Jasmine Leong's Ai Ni Bu Shi Liang San Tian

Again, I like how the instrumentals don't take away anything from the song itself. Typical ballads now involve huge orchestras carrying the whole song and taking away attention from the singer's voice. Here, the instrumentals aren't center stage and you're allowed to pay attention to her voice, which is very beautiful.

6. Go

This song originally comes from Baby VOX's Special 5.5 album (2002).

While I always wondered what this song would sound like with Mi Youn's voice alone, without having 2 or 3 subpar voices in the way, I do miss Hee Jin's voice singing the chorus. Baby VOX fans may not love it as much as the original since it probably doesn't have the same feeling as having 5 different people singing one song. In addition, the fact that the group has disbanded means the song now has more meaning as a Baby VOX song rather than a Kan Mi Youn song. BUT it is a great song nonetheless and Mi Youn sings it very beautifully. She sounds better now than she did singing the same song 4 years ago.

Only halfway through the album and I'm loving it!!! :w00t:

7. Kiss feat. No Hong Chul

Thank God No Hong Chul doesn't actually sing in this! Just some narration.

This is where the album mixes it up. A catchy, upbeat song that's not annoyingly sugary sweet like track 3,

but a very enjoyable dance song.

8. Don't touch

This sounds like it could be a silent girl's anthem. :lol:

An upbeat song that fits nicely somewhere between slow ballad and a fast, dance song.

9. 그 사람을 찾아주세요 (Please Find That Person) remake

As far as how all the foreign remakes compare to the original, I'm not able to say much since I've never heard the originals.

10. 그게 다야? (Is That All?) remake of Jolin Tsai's Ai Qing Qi Shi Liu Ji

A welcome surprise. It adds more variety to the album.

11. 이별의 춤 (Break Up Dance)

12. 옛날 여자(Old Woman) remix

A great remix of the title track and a great end to a great album! (It's grrreat!)

I highly recommend buying this album. Definitely worth the money.

Thanks for the photos and the perf caps!

Mi Youn looks beautiful!

Do you have a link for the perf?

Did she already make a MV?

Can you post caps of it?

Thanks

Guest lalakid87

dang i love her first album pics <333! she looks so beautiful! :wub:! <333! thanks for sharing! ^______________________^!

i actually love He Didn't Fall In Love With You.. find it relaxing or something.. :lol::wub:! <333!

i can't wait to see her perform ahhhhhhhh! T___________T!

Guest BLurBLur

i haven had a chance to listen to her album yet... but the photos sure look great.... im liking her style for this 1st solo effort...

edit: juz listened to track 03 feat Yachaepa... not too bad.... very refreshing indeed.. :lol:

i juz wished that she had done a duet with PJY alone... rather than putting her with the whole lot of friends... :P

Guest SailorBoy62

From what I've heard of the album so far (I've listened to like half the songs), I really like the new version of "Go," although it's got a completely different feel from the original, which is one of my favorite Baby VOX songs of all time. As well, I love "White Snow is Falling" a lot more than the original version by Jasmine Leong, mainly 'cause I don't like Jasmine's voice. "Is That All?" is a little repetitive and the arrangement leaves something to be desired compared to "Ai Qing 36 Ji," which had stronger effects. It doesn't really fit with her voice.

Archived