[Official] JYJ Park Yoo Chun - 박유천 (Singer, Songwriter, and Actor) Thread

Guest JPhylls

Thanks for all the updates !! I did not post anything about his 10th ann here, so here I go :

I still treat this thread mainly for Micky the singer under Kpop cat. Anyhow, very happy to see any update about him to keep this thread alive and hence I also posted everything related him here when I checked this thread. 

With consent of my friend AngelT who is Taiwanese Cassie since 2006, I posted our previous discussion here :

We are still waiting for JYJ album and Yuchun solo album (2 other beautiful vocalists have released theirs) as I want to see what kind of music they/he will bring to us. (Micky, please don't focus on only acting - sob again. You don't know how much AngelT disappointed and blamed you (JK), who is my best friend and even worse has now spent more time on the other singers, ((she emphasized she love music)) while waiting for you) Speaking of ourselves, I love your singing even sometimes you're a bit airy or sometimes sang a slightly off-pitch when you go high. I remembered old days that AngelT and I made joke on you that "we wouldn't choose you if we were picking one boyband who sang live like CD". 

Remember the concerts held in Taiwan, China and Korea since 2007, Angel and Shi (Angel's friend who always taught us not to argue as everyone has his own taste even we really hate people who intended to eliminate the other member's inputs/ voices) wrote a long post and giggled the first time they saw you boys esp you a playful dorky one. We felt that he loves music just like her (but she doesn't sing LOL). Micky has really good ears. He carried the harmonization and members did mention that Micky knew fully well the range of the member's voice. We were impressed how you boys had good influence on each others on music and you all can play musical instrument like piano, composing songs, writing lyrics...etc now. 

Angel took an example that she melt when she listens to Kiss Shita mama Sayonara and Micky shone when she heard his voice. We also opted that Micky fit well for RnB, as for ballad it will depend on the genre; All in all, our Micky, we can feel the sorrow and the happiness of the song when he sings! 

(Shi emphasized that all the members have their own personal talents and strengths, their voices are all good - What is attractive to different people decides their own preferences.) It's well said in 2009 when she started to see some new blog that some fans bashing other members for their own basised one / couple. I found it can apply to fandom anytime.

Last quote from AngelT as I also totally agree :

I did watch their lives and I still believe they have the best live vocals I've ever heard. I hope they have a successful long musical career so that we are lucky enough to keep hearing their beautiful songs even they split up. 

Everyone entitled to his own opinion, as for me, I am still waiting for you Micky !!! More songs before your enlistment plz!!! 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JAYwalkers

class="at_title" style="padding: 0px 14.65625px; margin: 0px; font-size: 32px; list-style: none; line-height: 38px; letter-spacing: -0.04em; clear: both; text-align: center; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: 'Noto Sans', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"JYJ’s Yoochun Attends ‘SBS Drama Awards’ Before Starting New Drama

By Staff Writer | December 30, 2013 12:47 AM EST

jyj-s-yoochun-attends-sbs-drama-awards-b

JYJ member and actor Yoochun will be greeting the viewers and audience through 2013 'SBS Drama Awards' before starting his new drama.

SBS released a statement on the 27th saying that Yoochun will be attending 2013 'SBS Drama Awards' before starting his new SBS drama "Three Days" next year.

Yoochun is making a return to SBS after his appearance in 2012 drama "Rooftop Prince." In 2012 Yoochun had the honor of winning 4 awards at the 'SBS Drama Awards.' He won the Best Acting Award, Best Teen Actor Award, Best Couple Award, and the Most Popular Award.

One SBS rep stated, "Yoochun recently finished his first script reading for 'Three Days,' and is focusing on analysis of his character Han Tae Kyung. He will appear in the new drama as a transformed actor, and viewers will probably be glad to see him at the Drama Awards Ceremony before then."

"Three Days" is about a president that goes on a vacation to his private villa with three presidential guards, and turns up missing. The bodyguards go off in search of the missing president in this drama. Yoochun will be acting alongside Son Hyun Joo, Park Ha Sun, and Jang Hyun Sung. The drama is scheduled to air in February next year.

credit : kpopstarz

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/71163/20131230/jyj-yoochun-attends-sbs-drama-awards-before-starting-new.htm

class="postitle" style="color: rgb(23, 23, 23); text-transform: uppercase; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(237, 238, 240);"131222 PARK YOOCHUN TAKES THE BATON FROM LEE MINHO AND KIM SOOHYUN TO CONTINUE THE SBS WEDNESDAY-THURSDAY SUCCESS STREAKDecember 31, 2013 by kisschunnie (6002sky)

realyong20131222111108_I_05_C_1_59_20131222113302

With his appearance in ‘Three Days’ confirmed, sing and actor Park Yoochun will be continuing the golden acting legacy.

Park Yoochun is set to appear in SBS’ new Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘Three Days’. Though there were a few issues between the broadcasting company and production company, the issues were ironed out and Park Yoochun has once again been confirmed to appear as the leading role of ‘Three Days’.

SBS stated, “We will begin filming for the drama, starting with Sohn Hyun Joo’s parts in late December. We have had to work with Park Yoochun’s agency to make his schedule work as he is currently filming ‘Sea Fog’, and he will be joining the team in mid-January next year.”

Park Yoochun will be continuing the golden legacy of SBS’ Wednesday-Thursday dramas. Kicking off with Jo In Sung in ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’ in February, SBS has been easily beating its competition with actors and dramas like Lee Jong Seok in ‘I Can Hear Your Voice’, Lee Minho in ‘Heirs’ and Kim Soohyun in ‘Man from the Stars’.

Park Yoochun has been chosen as the man to continue this golden legacy for SBS. He has already made his mark as a talented actor through his roles in ‘Rooftop Prince’ and ‘I Miss You’. He was recently chosen to appear in director Bong Joon Ho’s ‘Sea Fog’, standing alongside talented veterans of the industry.

One broadcasting company representative stated, “Park Yoochun is one of the few actors in the industry to can sell his dramas for 200,000 dollars per episode in Japan. His acting skills have skyrocketed recently, making him the greatest blue chip in the industry.”

Park Yoochun and screenwriter Kim Eun Hui’s collaboration has garnered a great deal of attention. Kim Eun Hui has made her mark through dramas like ‘Sign’ and ‘Ghost’, working alongside actors such as Park Shin Yang and So Ji Seob. Because of this, many representatives in the industry are expecting Park Yoochun to grow and move one step further to become an amazing actor.

The production company stated, “We’ve completed all preparations, including casting, location hunting, set production and martial arts training. We plan to begin filming soon, early next week at the latest. The entire process will take six months.”

‘Three Days’ is a production that depicts the disappearance of the president with the sound of three gunshots. Sohn Hyun Joo will be playing the role of the president, while Park Yoochun will be playing an elite bodyguard. The first episode will air in February.

Source: [sports hankook]

Translated & Shared by: dongbangdata.net

Guest JAYwalkers

Bc0hI82CcAAmsIw.png

Bc0hBRNCEAIM5Hw.png

[TRANS] YC :ITs been one year since Rooftop Prince. Yumi : Yes, Long time no see, Didnt get award for Wonderful mama.YC:You must be busy recently. Yumi:YEs, Im busy recently, Like fighting a war. EMCEE: What are you both doing? Yumi:You have been busy too. YC: Yes, Im filming on my movie and a drama. Yumi: I will look forward. YC: Alright. We will now Present the award.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rva592

1388500837_630400.jpg

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;"131231 JYJ 박유천 Park YuChun S/B/S 연기대상 Drama Awards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5m4PSro-DQ

uploader: JJYCJSJJ

Yoochun looks great with JungYumi...RTP reduxCorrect photo...SBS on twitter reversed it for some reason...

Yoochun looks great with JungYumi...RTP redux

(TRANS) http://t.co/57vxLfgY6W

YC: Hello, I am Park Yuchun. Nice to meet you. 
JYM: Hello, I am Jung Yumi.
YC: It's been 1 year since I last saw you in Rooftop Prince. 
JYM: Indeed, it's been a while. 
YC: Have you been doing well?
JYM: Yes, I have. The drama Wonderful Mama was just up on the nominees but I didn't get any awards. Well, let's just say I've been doing well. 
YC: You've been receiving lots of love from younger men lately. 
JYM: Indeed.. I feel like having a love like war everyday these days. I'm having fun filming lovey dovey scenes.
YC: I...
JYM: Park Yuchun-ssi...
JYM: What is it?
YC: Ah, I just wanted to say I'm a younger man too. 
JYM: Ah...
YC: I'm sorry. 
JYM: Lately, are you... 
YC: Are you asking me how I have been doing lately?
JYM: Yes, I am. You have been busy lately, haven't you? 
MC: What are you two doing right now?
YC: I'm sorry. 
MC: Is it Xman? 
YC: No no, it' s not.
JYM: I'm sorry. 
JYM: You have been busy lately, haven't you?
YC: Yes, I have. Lately, I have been busy filming my movie touring the provinces. I will also come back with a new SBS drama next year. 
JYM: We will look forward to it a lot. 

(presenting award) 

Translated by Sheena

Flirty Yoochunnie
:\"> :x ;))

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px;"[NEWS] 140102 Park Yoo Chun and Park Ha Sun already showing chemistry after topping Japanese pollJanuary 2, 2014 · rilanna

1388625715_631013.jpg

Park Yoo Chun and Park Ha Sun who will lead upcoming SBS TV Wed-Thu drama ‘Three Days’ this February, are already showing some good chemistry, after they had topped a poll which polled Japanese fans on the most influential Korean dramas in Japan for the past year.

Japan’s nationwide chain of video rental shops and bookstores, Tsutaya, had held a poll on the ‘Most influential Korean Dramas Best 20’ from January 1st to November 30th of last year. In the end, MBC TV drama ‘Dong Yi’ was ranked first, while SBS TV drama ‘Rooftop Prince’ was second.

‘Rooftop Prince’ was a 2012 drama that was led by Park Yoo Chun. It first aired on Japan’s Korean Wave Variety channel KNTV, before airing on Japan’s TBS in June, and is highly popular among Japanese fans. Park Ha Sun starred as Queen In Hyun in the 2010 drama ‘Dong Yi’, and has continued to draw attention from Japanese fans since.

The production company for ‘Three Days’, Golden Sum Pictures, said with confidence, “The results of the poll by Tsutaya has really excited us. The increasing number of overseas requests for the broadcast rights of ‘Three Days’ is probably because of this poll results. We will seek to open a new era for Korean dramas through Park Yoo Chun and Park Ha Sun.”

‘Three Days’ sees the collaboration of screenwriter Kim Eun Hee (SIGN, Ghost) and director Shin Kyung Soo (Tree of Deep Roots), with filming set to crank in on January 26th.

The drama will take over from ‘You Who Came From The Stars’ in end-February.

Credit: KpopFightingShared By: JYJ3

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px;"[NEWS] 131226 K-STAR… Idol Growing as an Artist, JYJJanuary 2, 2014 · rilanna

f409627688289e2404030cc35c4ec056.jpg~ori

There is a group that spent a very busy year – whether separately and together.

Always in the best shape and top spot, Hallyu star JYJ celebrates its 10th year with a lot of activities.

As ever, it was a continuation of achievements in 2013 for JYJ. No one could easily build a record, and nobody shines even more. So let’s look back in 2013 for the idols turned artists.

◆ Tokyo Dome concert, set a record

Meet again at the end after a long wait? They came back during the warm spring and their hot comeback in April. Because of various constraints, they were not able to face fans for a long time and with ‘The Return of JYJ’ in Tokyo Dome, their popularity was once again realized.

The show lasted three days, and despite being on weekdays, performances were sold out, and they had performed their best stage in front of 150,000 fans. JYJ’s Tokyo Dome concert forays into history with a stage of 150,000 fans.

◆ Separately or together, a growing group JYJ

In addition to a singing career, three men have steadily continued their activities in accordance with the potential and personality of each member. Park Yuchun had established his presence as an actor through various dramas and movies while Kim Jaejoong is devoted to music. Kim Junsu, with his overwhelming ticket power, has grown into a musical actor.

In 2013, more than ever, each member’s individual activity was astounding.

a36244fbe090f968f37e64d6ac25aeb5.jpg~ori

◆ Park Yuchun gained its presence as a performer

He debuted as an actor in 2010 KBS drama ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’, and caught every woman’s feelings with “Yuchun-heart ache”. Comedy or drama, Park Yuchun has brought great results on his rediscovery of acting.

His dramas consistently have high ratings and he solidify his position as a performer when he won Excellence Award for Acting from each broadcast station.

Park Yuchun is working with Director Bong JoonHo on the movie ‘Sea Fog’ and as confirmed, Park Yuchun will film the 2014 SBS drama ‘Three Days’.

70f40d0a852f0cc042cd2ab2b3bfa9a6.jpg~ori

◆ Kim Junsu, musical actor and singer

Kim Junsu has further strengthened his own brand as a musical actor and singer. He released his 2nd album ‘Incredible’ in July and has announced his Asian tour starting with Bangkok, followed by Shanghai, Australia, Nagoya, and Yokohama, meeting a total of 100,000 fans in seven cities.

He debuted as a musical actor in 2010 with Mozart and has won the Best Actor Award in a musical for Elizabeth, building his position as a musical actor.

And now he appears in the musical ‘December: Unfinished Song’ as a young man who sings the sensibilities of his era.

Tickets are sold out in a short period of time, record breaking to fill up a large stage with his ticketing power.

282afd600f2e731b498e91ed5d8f7a53.jpg~ori

◆ Kim Jaejoong opens new horizons to release a solo album

In the meantime, as a solo singer, Kim Jaejoong who also is an actor, opens up a new horizon as all-round artist and Hallyu star.

Kim Jaejoong’s first mini-album I has sold a total of 120,000 copies, also additional 20,000 copies were produced which were sold out in one week. After the repackaged album ‘Y’ was released, cumulative sales of 200,000 copies has set a record.

Thus, the country representative Hallyu star, JYJ’s fanbase is unmatched in excellence.

JYJ, whether in acting, musical, singing, excels in whatever field they pursue.

Furthermore, idol turned artist group JYJ is hot as the sun, sweet as red wine after a long time of ripening them. Looking forward to Hallyu stars JYJ activities in 2014.

Source: BNT NewsTranslated by: Ruby(rubypurple_fan) of JYJ3Shared By: JYJ3

class="posttitle" style="text-align: start; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: none; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-weight: 500;"02January2014 [iNFO/TRANS] Park YuChun in the eyes of others during those years (Part 5)by TSUBAKI6002

Part for <Sungkyunkwan Scandal> has ended. See here.

Next, we shall look at YuChun’s second drama <Miss Ripley>.

09827ff40ad162d9530c229910dfa9ec8813cddb

Kang Hye Jung, “Park YuChun has totally broken the typical perspective towards idol.”

Actress Kang Hye Jung has fallen deeply into her hoobae, Park YuChun’s charms. On the 17th, the press conference of MBC’s new drama, <Miss Ripley> (written by Kim Su Young, directed by Choi Yi Sup) was held at Banyan Tree Club & Spa at Central District, Seoul, she stated that she “has typical perspective towards idol turned actor having unexplainable image. After meeting Park YuChun, was very shocked.”

She continued to praise that “Park YuChun is a person with the most plain and simple characteristic. Sometimes I don’t feel that he is an artist at all.” “However, his desire and passion for acting is very strong. There are so much to learn from him.” Kang Hye Jung said, “Not only he analyse his character well, he’s very serious at the filming site, causing pressure to people around him. His brain functions very well too. I am very jealous of him.”

99cfd288d43f8794ed6305abd31b0ef41ad53a24

YuChun’s best friend in the drama, Lee Sang Yeob’s admiration towards YuChun.

Lee Sang yeob mentioned YuChun who acted with him in <Miss Ripley> in one of his fanmeetings. “Although YuChun is a singer, he is very cautious in his acting skills. I admire him very much. We are very good friends. We always go outing together.”

c5919916fdfaaf51f01bca3a8d5494eef21f7ac0

<Miss Ripley> Official Guidebook: Interview of Kim Seung Woo sunbae.

He was asked whether having prejudice towards Park YuChun who is a singer turned idol. 

Q: Before acting with YuChun, do you have any opinions towards him?

A: Honestly, I am not that aware about YuChun’s news (smile). Besides being a singer, I have no idea about other stuffs and I did not even know how he looks like. To confirm his real identity, I purposely search for him in the Internet. I did not have much feelings about him. After I have met him, I realised that he is an actor with rich face expressions. My opinion towards him totally started like a sheet of white paper, there was no prejudice at all.

Translation by: Yujini

YuChun in the eyes of sunbae, Choi Myung Gil who acted as YuChun’s stepmother 

<Miss Ripley> Official Guidebook: Interview of actress Choi Myung Gil.

Q: There were a lot of complicated psychology scenes with your step son, Yu Hyun in the drama. As a senior, what is your opinion towards YuChun’s acting skills?

A: He is junior with really good manners. As a singer, his acting experience is still on his beginning days but he has natural quality in acting. He is a very serious child. During the shooting of the drama, he still had to attend oversea concerts. Although his schedule was full, he always thought of other actors in the drama and tried his best not to cause any problems to others. As a rookie actor, his acting skills are amazing. The probability of him walking down the path as an actor is very high.

The relationship of YuChun and Choi sunbae is very good. Before the broadcasting of <Rooftop Prince>, Choi sunbae was supporting him through Twitter. She also thanked YuChun who sent her gifts. 

“YuChun-ah~ For your new drama <Rooftop Prince>, Fighting! Thank you too for the delicious food you sent me!! ^^”

Translation by: Yujini6c83cd3d70cf3bc7b04b7a69d000baa1cc112a71Actress Kim Na Woon mentioned YuChun in her blog

Are you able to spot the familiar faces? This drama is acted by Kim Seung Woo, Lee Da Hae, JYJ’s Park YuChun and Kang Hye Jung. At the salon, as long as YuChun-sshi appears, loud cheers can be heard… It is not that I have given extra attention towards him but nontheless, it seems like all the people around only stares at YuChun-sshi.. ㅠㅠ

Translation by: 暖日呀呀

3f225adf8db1cb1344ce8a96dc54564e93584b1d

Kim Jung Tae who acts as Hirayama in MBC’s drama, <Miss Ripley>

Kim Jung Tae (39) praised Park YuChun’s (25) attitude. He wrote on his Twitter, “Park YuChun is really well-mannered. I can see his diligence and willingness to learn as an actor.”

bf05885494eef01fc77ba440e1fe9925bd317d56Child actress Jung Da Bin who acted as young Miri in <Miss Ripley>

Little Da Bin commented: I acted with YuChun oppa last Friday. I have met him before during script reading session. He was really handsome. Today was my first scene with him with lines. Initially I thought that we will not have a scene together as I was acting as the young Lee Da Hae unnie, Finally, we met on episode 14. The friendly YuChun oppa finished his part one hour earlier than me but he still waited until I complete my part and took photo with me. As a female, even I think that he has a very beautiful face. A handsome and friendly oppa, thank you.

3870868ba61ea8d3e54bca81960a304e241f5857

<Miss Ripley> Official Guidebook: Interview of Scriptwriter, Kim Su Young

Q: YuChun’s real age is much younger compared to his character, Yu Hyun. His experience in acting is still very little. Have you ever worried about this problem?

A: Although it’s embarrassing to say this, I knew very little of him before he came for casting (smile). During the broadcasting of <Sungkyunkwan Scandal> I have seen before his performance few times. Those were my only understanding about him. After trying to communicate with him, I realized his sense in grasping feelings was very good and all my worries disappeared. I really liked how he showed his charming yet simple attitude through his gaze. He made me feel that the character of Yu Hyun could only be acted by him.

I think that YuChun will be come a good actor. Although his experience in handling some technical acting skills is still very little, his best advantage is that his sense in grasping feelings is so good that he is able to cover up his lack of experience. That is why this is not my first time saying that I hope he can walk down the path of a professional actor (smile). From my experiences with him, of course there are many actors who are same age with him possess more matured acting skills, but I still think most highly of him.

Translation by: Yujini

To be continued… 

Source from 去走五里路 @MickyBaidu

Picture credit as tagged

English translated & Shared by ParkYoochunSGFC

Note: Our translations are best-effort and based from original Chinese writings.  If any mistakes are found, it is unintentional.  Thank you for your understanding.

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px;"[OTHER TWITTER] 140104 Moon Sung Geun Twitter Update: Love Line storyboard continuedJanuary 4, 2014 · rilanna

140104actormoon.png

[TRANS] Dong-shik should you be like that?‘Red-faced’ Uncle Wan-ho…

BdH9afGCQAE3DH9.jpg~original

Source: @actormoonTranslated by: rilanna of JYJ3Shared by: JYJ3

Moon Sung-Geun latest twitter update (regarding #SeaFog):Dong-Sik n Hong-Mae secret romance have been discovered ?? 2nd pic..Dong-Sik pushes Hong-Mae away? Cute expression (f: actormoon)

http://twitpic.com/dr60gw

Korean to Chinese: Sally_2002
Chinese to English: @fourc_pyc

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px;"[EDITORIAL] 140104 JYJ’s Park Yoo Chun Beats Lee Min Ho on Mwave’s K-Pop BattleJanuary 4, 2014 · pvtse

Pretty boy actor-singers JYJ’s Park Yoo Chun and Lee Min Ho faced off in our K-Pop Battle last week, and there was a sure winner once again.

photo 52378059.jpg

Although Lee Min Ho made his foray into music with a mini album, it appears he’s no match in the K-Pop world for JYJ member Park Yoo Chun, who came out on top with 73.5 percent of votes.

Lee Min Ho had to settle for second place, picking up the remaining 26.5 percent of votes.

photo 26548967.jpg

Credit: MwaveShared by: JYJ3

Admin’s note: parts unrelated to Yoochun were omitted.

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px;"[ENG SUB] 140104 Arirang TV “Showbiz Korea” : New dramas that start the year 2014! – Park Yoochun in “Three Days”January 4, 2014 · JYJ3 TeamPark Yoochun featured and mentioned here 4:08 – 4:26 minPark Yoochun in “Three Days” 5:10 – 5:31 andThe MC Thinks Park Yoochun’s new drama will be a big hit! ^^ 6:10 min – 6:14 min

Credit: ARIRANG KPOPShared by: JYJ3

Archived