Mod Podge-ing

soomp

mod-podge-matte.jpg
Anyone into Mod Podge? It looks and smells exactly like Elmer's Glue, but is supposed to be something more. It's something I always ran into on Pinterest, but never had a chance to try until recently.
I did 2 very simple projects - both involving sticking printed Instagrams onto a cool surface (mini 4x4 canvas, wood plaque) and brushing mod podge over the whole thing (gives it a nice, satin-y finish).
The canvas project turned out less cute than expected - I based it off this tutorial: http://blog.whimseybox.com/portfolio/instagram-mini-canvasesMaybe my canvases are too low quality, or too deep? They were also quite expensive - $20 for a pack of 9. It might also be because I used photos printed on photo paper, instead of on regular paper like most people recommend. Maybe it will look cuter hung on the wall. (Actually, they look better stacked this - I'll hang it this way :D)
20120721-x6wtw6ux8unje6cin85f5cpxht.jpg
The wood plaque (also 4x4-ish) was on a whim, as I'd seen something like it before, and they were 69 cents each! I love the way the painted wood looks. This one is definitely a win.
20120721-gwhhfj5ne85y249ydwjciujhhi.jpg
Here's a site with a ton of mod podge projects, as well as tutorials: http://www.modpodgerocksblog.com/
The possibilities are endless - here are a couple cool things people have done with it:
shoes:DIY-Comic-Strip-Shoes-2.jpeg 
suitcase:Mod+Podge+suitcase.JPG 
coasters:IMG_6048.JPG 
switchplates:Mod+Podge+Fabric+Switchplates.jpg 
furniture:Owl+Table.JPG 
so awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ilovemesomekorean

I plan to make those shoes one day, ever since i saw them a while back. But i think i'll do it on some flats instead. and also soomp did you use a gel medium or just the mod podge? I've been meaning to make some of those also lol (I'm such a slacker) but i dont want to buy a gel medium.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived