Your reputation at soompi

Guest shinhdeplol

Guest SouthernBelle82

Last time I looked I had -350. Everything I say gets a neg rep. It's ridiculous. People claim it's because I "come off" as a certain way yet it's the internet. How can you claim that of someone? Especially someone you don't know? I'm not allowed to have an opinion unless it's agreeing with people? If people actually knew me they'd know I'm the last person who is being a negative way. It's ridiculous.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SouthernBelle82

This new feature could hurt feelings if abused.

"If" abused? It is being abused. Look at my reps. It's making me not want to post so much anymore. Everything I say gets a negative rep with some ridiculous excuse that I'm "coming off" as a way when in reality I'm not.

SouthernBelle82: I see you post a lot at the news section. That's probably why... blush.gif It's fine really you know, it's great to have your own opinion on things. People just tend to have their own too, and see it as wrong in their perspective. This whole reputation thing...don't take it to the heart. I even gave you a plus because you're a person who really speaks their mind. ^^

Guest Arelly

LOL I have 1 rep :phew:

@Southernbelle82: Don't let what others think/your rep stop you from posting and voicing your opinions/views. I gave you +1 rep :)

Guest SouthernBelle82

SouthernBelle82: I see you post a lot at the news section. That's probably why... blush.gif It's fine really you know, it's great to have your own opinion on things. People just tend to have their own too, and see it as wrong in their perspective. This whole reputation thing...don't take it to the heart. I even gave you a plus because you're a person who really speaks their mind. ^^

Thanks I guess there I feel like it's not appreciated. People think because I'm posting my own opinions or correcting things (I always back up my corrections too with citations from reliable sources so I'm not just pulling stuff from my butt) that I'm being "condescending" or "back lash" or whatever. It's like everything I say gets anywhere from -6-9 and it's things that are nothing. It's just ridiculous. To me it's like everyone but me can say their own opinions. God forbid I do. Now it's -353. I've been seriously thinking of going away.

Guest winterofdiscontent

Last time I looked I had -350. Everything I say gets a neg rep. It's ridiculous. People claim it's because I "come off" as a certain way yet it's the internet. How can you claim that of someone? Especially someone you don't know? I'm not allowed to have an opinion unless it's agreeing with people? If people actually knew me they'd know I'm the last person who is being a negative way. It's ridiculous.

I know, it's like you're not allowed to speak your mind anymore because people are going to get offended and give out neg rep to anyone who disagrees with them, which completely defeats the whole purpose of forums.

Guest SouthernBelle82

I know, it's like you're not allowed to speak your mind anymore because people are going to get offended and give out neg rep to anyone who disagrees with them, which completely defeats the whole purpose of forums.

They say it's "condescending" and "back lash." And you're not supposed to "debate" when in reality it's just a discussion. Which is what you do on forums. Maybe if I just said "I agree!! You're so right!!" to everything I would get +354.

Guest SouthernBelle82

Because I now have -359 it's clear I'm not welcome to Soompi anymore. Who has that many negative reps? I just don't need all this in my life. I so loved Soompi and it has helped me a lot. Maybe I'll pop in every once in a while, but I guess I don't need all this. Someone earlier was on here trying to be me. I don't know if they're still around or not. I only use this name on here.

Guest peppermintsugar

You do come off as condescending a lot, at least from some of the stuff I've seen in the events section. Just saying.

No one said you're not allowed to have an opposing opinion or express your views or anything like that, because -I- state my opinions very clearly and I put my foot down, and I'll debate all day with someone, but the difference is that I don't personally attack them, or call them names, or anything like that.

I don't want to get into this discussion with you again since we already did this in the other reputation thread. It's clear you're coming here with your pity party to get sympathy when in reality the reputation system doesn't mean anything anyways. People negative rep my posts for no reason sometimes just because they have a vendetta -- who cares? If you don't want to get negative repped so much, then stop name calling, and you could stand to chill out on plenty of the other stuff you say. The English language is extensive and there are other words you could choose to equally convey your message without attacking people. I'm not going to bother pulling up examples because you're just going to argue that nothing you say is the least bit harsh whatsoever, but anyone that's seen your threads in events where you've been neg repped so many times probably isn't surprised why. I'd be willing to bet that after reading those posts, the only person that's surprised that you've been neg repped, is you.

Guest dodici

Huh now I get a positive rep when I say I'm not going to be around much anymore.  Imagine that.

I haven't been around as often and I don't really see anything wrong with your posts atm. I guess I haven't seen the 'coming off' ones. I gave you a few +1's to your posts. :)

On another note, I have 21 the last time I checked. Thanks to all that +1 my posts ^^

Guest SouthernBelle82

You do come off as condescending a lot, at least from some of the stuff I've seen in the events section. Just saying.

No one said you're not allowed to have an opposing opinion or express your views or anything like that, because -I- state my opinions very clearly and I put my foot down, and I'll debate all day with someone, but the difference is that I don't personally attack them, or call them names, or anything like that.

Uh I don't personally attack anyone, call name's or anything like that either. If I was personally attacking people I would have gotten warned by a mod/admin and I haven't yet. I don't do that. I don't need to. And again, this is an internet forum. You can't hear my voice. You're making an assumption and it's wrong. And now you're dealing with the consequences of a wrong assumption with someone else's feelings. And it certainly is coming across that way. That if you do have different opinions you're not allowed because everything gets negative marked and in big numbers. It's ridiculous. Go look at all my posts this last month. No personal attacks anywhere. I don't do that. I've been personally attacked on forums before and know how it feels. I don't do that to people. Even here on Soompi I was personally attacked by people and they got banned. Notice how I'm still here and no warnings.

I don't want to get into this discussion with you again since we already did this in the other reputation thread. It's clear you're coming here with your pity party to get sympathy when in reality the reputation system doesn't mean anything anyways. People negative rep my posts for no reason sometimes just because they have a vendetta -- who cares? If you don't want to get negative repped so much, then stop name calling, and you could stand to chill out on plenty of the other stuff you say. The English language is extensive and there are other words you could choose to equally convey your message without attacking people. I'm not going to bother pulling up examples because you're just going to argue that nothing you say is the least bit harsh whatsoever, but anyone that's seen your threads in events where you've been neg repped so many times probably isn't surprised why. I'd be willing to bet that after reading those posts, the only person that's surprised that you've been neg repped, is you.

This is a thread about rep points which is what I'm talking about. People wanted opinions on rep points. Again, am I not allowed to have an opinion? I don't name call. I am chilled out. Again I do NOT attack people. Notice that no mods or admins have said anything to me about my words in posts. I've never personally attacked anyone. And the mods/admins can tell you that since they've never messaged me about it as they've done with two people who got banned for personally attacking me. Oh and obviously there was another poster who disagreed with you about my posts and agreed with me that there's NOTHING wrong with my posts.

Guest SouthernBelle82

I haven't been around as often and I don't really see anything wrong with your posts atm. I guess I haven't seen the 'coming off' ones. I gave you a few +1's to your posts. :)

On another note, I have 21 the last time I checked. Thanks to all that +1 my posts ^^

You should tell that to everyone else who seems to think other wise even though I have never personally attacked anyone. Thanks. It's just more so that everything I say gets a negative rep. I'm still thinking about taking a break or at least maybe certain sections not go to so much or something. It just shows you that people shouldn't do assumptions on others because the person behind the screen does still have feelings. Even with things like the rep points. Seeing people here happy with having positive points does make me jealous.

Guest Sophi.e*

I don't understand, what does it stand for. lol

I'm still new to this change.... (sighs)

I wonder what I have.

edited.

Oh, surprisingly...I have 0.  :sweatingbullets:

check again! unless someone gave you a negative to cancel out my postive...

This is a thread about rep points which is what I'm talking about. People wanted opinions on rep points. Again, am I not allowed to have an opinion? I don't name call. I am chilled out. Again I do NOT attack people. Notice that no mods or admins have said anything to me about my words in posts. I've never personally attacked anyone. And the mods/admins can tell you that since they've never messaged me about it as they've done with two people who got banned for personally attacking me. Oh and obviously there was another poster who disagreed with you about my posts and agreed with me that there's NOTHING wrong with my posts.

Actually,the thread starter only asked the number you have the rep points you have not for opinions on the system. :mellow:

You know the new soompi has the new feature of thumbing up and down posts? So how many +1 or -1 have you got? At the time I post this topic my reputation is +23 ^^

Tell me about yours ^^ :D

Guest SouthernBelle82

LOL I have 1 rep :phew:

@Southernbelle82: Don't let what others think/your rep stop you from posting and voicing your opinions/views. I gave you +1 rep :)

Hard not to especially when it went from -354 to -385 in a little over an hour. It shows nobody cares and wants you gone. On edit it seems like I just can't do anything right and should just go away.

Guest lienlee

Hard not to especially when it went from -354 to -385 in a little over an hour.  It shows nobody cares and wants you gone. On edit it seems like I just can't do anything right and should just go away.

boom~ +1 for you:lol:

Archived