XBOX 360 thread

Guest hawaiingkid

Guest CK92842

well, i will tell you right now that if the console fails on you again, and you've had that 3rd replacement console since June...you're gonna have to pay for the repairs..PLUS the shipping to the repair center.

you're probably out of warranty right now and MS changed their repair policy as of October 16, 2006 saying that any customer (whether you're in or out of warranty) MUST pay for the shipping on their own. the only exceptions to this policy are for customers who:

a - purchased an extended warranty through MS corporation

b - have a console that has a manufacture date on or before 2006-12-31

With a little persuasion over the telephone to Microsoft techs you can get an extended warranty without purchase. Microsoft had to give in on all the failing systems so they're are offering free repairs for all 2005 systems. Mine is...holy cow, a launch system. 11/04/05, let it break up again, free repairs for me. :lol:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/21/microso...2005-xbox-360s/

I do however see your point so if you feel this way just purchase an extended warranty. With the lack of quality control going on in the gaming industry nowadays, purchasing an extended warranty only makes perfect sense.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DOAX2 ~!! :)

A nice game to just get your mind off things after a long day of work. Granted the game is pointless and can easily be played with one hand and a handful of brain cells, it's still a good way to kill time.

My favorite game on Xbox 360 thus far has been Saint's Row. I love all the GTA games and the one thing I always wished it could improve on was the graphics. Saint's Row was like an answer to that wish. Although it does lack on some game play elements compared to GTA, it also has a lot of improvements over GTA. Overall, I think its better than any GTA game out to date. This game is currently on hold as I am working on FF12.

Gears of War looks really good, but I'm not much of a shooter game person, so it doesn't appeal to me personally. However, for those of you who are into the genre, I'm sure the game will impress.

The one thing I am really eager for on the XBox 360 is a good RPG game. I think Enchanted Arms completely sucks and Oblivion simply runs and looks a whole lot better on a PC so I play it on PC instead.

Guest CK92842

i was just playing gears of war online for the first time over last hour. what a fun game. my heart is still pumping from the action!

I still haven't managed to get my hands on that game yet. ;)

Was anyone able to get the Core system for $100 on Amazon today?

I tried to score one and suggested a few tips to a fellow member here but I gotta tell ya, the servers were so swamped. When I did get the page to open, at around 2:05PM there was no option to get the $100 deal. Finally when I refreshed it didn't load until 2:15. By that time the page read the item had sold out so I said to heck with it and joined the family for dinner. :)

I was trying to get this for my brother sort of as an engagement present since him and his fiance love playing Uno on the X360. Oh well, guess I'll be getting the 2007 X360 models with the new CPUs which should make the system more reliable than current generation systems.

Guest Tonyc402

Can anybody tell me how easy it is to connect ur xbox live wirelessly? .. I mean , once u get the wireless adapter for the x360 and connect it to the x360, does it automatically find ur signal?

Guest some-azn-guy

Can anybody tell me how easy it is to connect ur xbox live wirelessly? .. I mean , once u get the wireless adapter for the x360 and connect it to the x360, does it automatically find ur signal?

how complicated it is depends on your setup; and whether or not you have wireless security setup on your network.

all you really need is:

SSID (this is the network name)

WPA or WEP (this is the security key/passcode for the wireless network if you have one set up)

if you're unsure of how to find these settings, check the router configuration as it's definitely listed somewhere in there. you can access most routers by opening an internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar.

the adapter is designed to bind itself to the strongest wireless signal it can pick up(which means that it may not necessarily be yours). plug the adapter in before turning on the console. the light on the adapter will show a unique colour. following colour options:

i) solid red light - means that the adapter is detecting a network, but can't connect (check your settings in the dashboard)

ii) flashing red light - your networking adapter is FUBAR, return it to the store you bought it from or call customer support

iii) solid green light - you're connected to the network and ready to go, double-check your connection in the dashboard

i heard alot of stories about the 3 red rings mostly from overheating i think

anyone know if this is common

shoot i just got my system not too long ago

but only once has it froze on me

hopefully it dont break on me

Guest CK92842

i heard alot of stories about the 3 red rings mostly from overheating i think

anyone know if this is common

shoot i just got my system not too long ago

but only once has it froze on me

hopefully it dont break on me

Get the extended warranty offered by Microsoft. Bought it back in April and so far exchanged it for a total of 3 times and since June 06 it's been working without a problem. So far.

easy solution = if your xbox breaks down, buy a new one from walmart or costco and then return it with ur broken xbox for full money back and u get a new xbox =)

easy solution = if your xbox breaks down, buy a new one from walmart or costco and then return it with ur broken xbox for full money back and u get a new xbox =)

lol yea i heard costco has a really good return policy

but im not sure if i want to buy another one if this one breaks though

ill just sell the broken one on ebay and hopefully get aleast half my money and sell all my games

Get the extended warranty offered by Microsoft. Bought it back in April and so far exchanged it for a total of 3 times and since June 06 it's been working without a problem. So far.

i heard the process takes awhile like a month from the time u send it to them to the time u get it back

and to do it 3 times is something i dont want to do

just keep your 360 well ventilated and treat it like your baby then hopefully nothing will go wrong. most 360s aren't defective, it's the people who use it mess it up (for the most part).

Guest CK92842

lol yea i heard costco has a really good return policy

but im not sure if i want to buy another one if this one breaks though

ill just sell the broken one on ebay and hopefully get aleast half my money and sell all my games

i heard the process takes awhile like a month from the time u send it to them to the time u get it back

and to do it 3 times is something i dont want to do

That's a bit exaggerated, takes a week for it to return to your door. The repair center is in McAllen, Texas, shipped and returned to NYC in as much as 5-6 days. The first batch of 360 consoles were known to have a few kinks that needed ironing out and I'm just glad that they went ahead and sent me a new one, even if it has a build date of 11-04-2005. Any system with a build date during the year 2005 gets repairs at no cost for up until a year.

As for Microsoft's big break in Japan, let's hope they can keep this up. Competition is always good especially in this market. :D

Our 360 broke down and it only took 5 days from the time we sent it off to when we got it back. And we were tracking it every step of the way. LOL

Right now I'm playing Gears of War which is so beautiful. I think it beats GRAW as the most beautiful 360 game out right now. And I'm playing Viva Pinata. Viva is so addicting and so stressful.

i might pick up viva pinata over xmas. there must be some good deals.

i haven't played GOW since i beat the single player. I kind of want to try hardcore online. i need to get more out of this game, its so short. it looks great.

Guest HappiiBooger

i wannaa get my boyfriend a xbox360 for christmas... but i'm totally confused about it, as to which system i should get, like whats pro, core, premium or platimum?

Guest dkstariob

You should get a premium for him.

I honestly believe XBOX360 to be the most balanced out of all three systems. Like the PS2 was when there was Gamecube and XBOX last gen.

-Price of the console is right in the middle.

-So are games which range from 49.99 (MS first party titles) to 59.99 while PS3 is always 59.99 and the WII so far is 49.99

-Has better graphics than WII, but is on par with PS3 graphics so far.

-However, no one can disagree that the 360 has hands down the best online service there is. PS3 is absolute crap with lag-fest, inability to multitask, and talk to friends that are not in the game you are playing. I have yet to see Wii's plan.

Archived