University Of Waterloo

Guest Subways

Guest ariesbaybee

Hmm it was the formal where they kept stressing it was their last before that certain group or branch was disbanded to fuse with another one? Something like that they had tiaras as rewards haha

I'm friends with katie and some others but i mostly talk to her i wonder what she would say if she knew i mentioned her haha

its 520.. its probably one of the more expensive ones but you get what you pay for I guess

what about you?

is your friend katie chu?...lol...thats the only katie i know in afm

$520 ....mmm...i guess it depends on what that includes

mines $420 and it includes utilities and basic common furniture meaning i have to bring all the furniture thats in my room

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest overwritten

AFM - PA, starting September (:

anyone going to play/playing club badminton? i had a friend to play mixed with, but he bailed out on waterloo and is going somewhere else. interested in playing/meeting new people there (:

My friend is encouraging me to make friends since we're rooming together [there's three of us] and we don't want to be sick of each other.

and living with her ^ and someone else

@lucii, i know you'll make friends, it's joey i'm more concerned about xD

Guest Georgianna

hey

this fall im gonna be entering my 2nd year as well

~Subways

what program are clubs are you in?? i'm in AFM-FM

Oh, I got into that program too! I'm stressing out about course selection. I'm not too sure what I want my AOI to be, so I want to get the language component out of the way but Japanese is so popular..I don't think I'll be able to get it. >.<

I'm reading up on all the profs and getting scared...do you mind telling me which profs you had and what you thought about them? Also, would it be bad to do CS100 on DE or Econ102 in 1a instead of 1b?

Guest suki_*

hey just a repeated post from the other Waterloo Thread!

If anyone is looking up information on residences and anything else regarding admissions and such here is where you go!

Hey Waterloosers!

Just want to provide some legit websites set up by the University of Waterloo about Residences and First year life for incoming and prospective students!!! I've been working on both of them and answering their questions on those sites because i am an employee for UW Residence Team.

Here's a facebook link for Waterloo Residences:

Waterloo Right Fit Residences <-- Click and Become a Fan PLEASE!

Here's a Forum to answer more general questions:

Waterloo Residence Forum<-- Click!

This forum was just launched this week so it's brand spanking new, if you are looking for answers about Waterloo and Residences or what not, this is the place to get the accurate ones!

Feel free to ask your questions there and me too since i am also a member of the Right Fit Team :)

Hope to see you all at Student 101 day!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Subways

is your friend katie chu?...lol...thats the only katie i know in afm

$520 ....mmm...i guess it depends on what that includes

mines $420 and it includes utilities and basic common furniture meaning i have to bring all the furniture thats in my room

Yeeeah KC is the one haha

I wonder what she'd say if she knew about this lmaaao I've never felt so exposed on the internet

Mines.. er 520? Includes all utillities except electricity and no furnishing.. the only thing good about it is its close and new I guess.

I've actually never seen it I just took my friends' word for it haha

Is your place far?

anyone going to play/playing club badminton? i had a friend to play mixed with, but he bailed out on waterloo and is going somewhere else. interested in playing/meeting new people there (:

I'll play with you but I suuuuuuuuck.

Are you first year? Because you probably won't need me to play with you at waterloo its like a freaking religion there. Theres a badminton club for casual play but it gets full FAST so if you plan to join it be prompt in sept

Guest ariesbaybee

Yeeeah KC is the one haha

I wonder what she'd say if she knew about this lmaaao I've never felt so exposed on the internet

Mines.. er 520? Includes all utillities except electricity and no furnishing.. the only thing good about it is its close and new I guess.

I've actually never seen it I just took my friends' word for it haha

Is your place far?

oooo...cool...i think she'll be fine with it

wow...$520 not including electricty....well just hope spring time wont be too hot so you dont use a lot of ac/electricty or your bill might start racking up

my place is at columbia & albert

Guest Subways

oooo...cool...i think she'll be fine with it

wow...$520 not including electricty....well just hope spring time wont be too hot so you dont use a lot of ac/electricty or your bill might start racking up

my place is at columbia & albert

Its split with 4 other people so I don't think it should amount up to that much hopefully not.

So did I see you that night at the formal? did you talk to katie there?

Guest ariesbaybee

Its split with 4 other people so I don't think it should amount up to that much hopefully not.

So did I see you that night at the formal? did you talk to katie there?

i didnt go to to the last formal so i dont think we've met before yet

Guest thetis

yea well they messed up my transcript so i didnt get my admission decision until today. and for guarantee housing it i have to have received my decision before may 28

The same thing happened to me (they said they put it in someone else's file? I also missed the scholarship deadline because of them, arghh.) I ended up living off-campus, and it kinda sucked other than I got to cook. I don't know if I'd recommend doing the same thing... I missed the dorm-life and felt it was really hard to connect with anybody because of it. :(

Anyhow, I'm currently on coop, and will be in 2A in the fall. I'm one of those rare CFM-ers, heehee.

Guest suki_*

Anything for $520 in the spring is hella expensive imo.

i only took UWP for the spring cuz it's my last term and it still doesn't cost $520. lol that's everything included in a one lump sum payment everything included.

Guest o1honey

AFM-FM :)

Is everyone excitedd?!?

I'm uber confused with course selections right now.. especially when 4/5 course are mandatory O_o. Apparently everyone (but BAFM students).. need to submit this course-request form to their advisors or w/e.. prior to choose courses.. does that mean the already reserved the spots?

Cuz i want to take Japanese in sept and there's only 26 first years can take it and 7 are already taken LOL @____@

Guest ariesbaybee

AFM-FM :)

Is everyone excitedd?!?

I'm uber confused with course selections right now.. especially when 4/5 course are mandatory O_o. Apparently everyone (but BAFM students).. need to submit this course-request form to their advisors or w/e.. prior to choose courses.. does that mean the already reserved the spots?

Cuz i want to take Japanese in sept and there's only 26 first years can take it and 7 are already taken LOL @____@

welcome to the afm family...lol

im gonna be a 2A student in coming september

um...from what i know...for japan 101 i dont think you need special permission to enrol in it cause i enrol myself into that before but switched into korean afterwards...

but i know that in order to take CHINA (aka. mandarin) you need to fill out a form and have an interview

hope that helped you out

Guest panda_general

I was planning on teaching my friend badminton so that she can play with me, but that be cool. Some sort of badminton intramural type deal (where I get my richard simmons kicked cause I wasn't any good, and stopped playing x___X)

Oh and does anybody know if non-music students can rent/book/use the practice rooms to...practice?

Guest Hitoro

lol i took china 101. its fun. yeah you should send in the application in now! it is very popular.

welcome to the afm family...lol

im gonna be a 2A student in coming september

um...from what i know...for japan 101 i dont think you need special permission to enrol in it cause i enrol myself into that before but switched into korean afterwards...

but i know that in order to take CHINA (aka. mandarin) you need to fill out a form and have an interview

hope that helped you out

Guest iangel

LOLz, I can't believe there's waterloo thread. AND it's on the first page!

im going into 2B in september, COMP ENG :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest beanbao

Hey i'll be attending Life Sci at Loo in Sept. I'm really excited because most of my friends are going there too but I can't wait to meet new ppl and make new friends. I'm definitely joining badminton team/club with my friend who's like national level while i'm just amateur haha.. Not sure what else to join, i'm still pretty clueless.

Guest suki_*

I'm graduating this september ^_^

you'll see me at my convocation if you happen to pass by the PAC and SLC October 24th =D

Guest Takarachan

Ahh I just finished selecting my electives!

That was a hard process. =( Took me nearly 3 hours.

Anyways, I'm going into Life Sciences, majoring in Biomed.

1st year as you could assume. xD

Excited to meet new people also. Not really sure If I'm going to find the time to do many extras 1st year, but we'll see!

Archived