Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

@Joachim- Aww. :3 thank you for supporting the girls~ I wish I could go to korea and support them just the same, but I'll do so anyway I can from here. When they come back to NYC I'll be sure to support them in person anyway I can. :) For now all we can do is keep on streaming and showing them our love. <3

It's sad to see that this thread has become a sort of "let's one-up the troll" thread. I don't want to keep saying to just ignore it since it seems wasted, but let's at least try to be Mannerful, yes? No reason to stoop to their level. :)

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest m y s t i q u e

Since no one volunteered, I re-translated the experts' comments from the Chinese WFs' version.

*quoted image*

Thank you thank you thank you for taking the time and translating for us! Your efforts means a lot and this accomplishment by the girls is the booster that I think, all of us very much so needed. :]

The girls have exceptional competition amongst that list and to be ranked number one, ranked in FIRST place among the likes of BEG and 2NE1, for me that is truly heartwarming and absolutely fan-freaking-tastic! I hope someon in JYP's camp shows this to the girls...and this is great news for JYP Ent!

UncleSam: I don't want this WG thread to lose your contribution/opinion/posts! I am extremely grateful for all the time you spent in translating the interviews from Vogue! I don't want any of us to get warned and then not be able to post our support for the Wondergirls! I get your frustration and I'm in the same ship as you...Just Report it to the Mods if anything bothers you. There's really nothing to prevent anyone from making another account and continuing this cycle. I can't tell you to ignore it as well...cause it's like a blaring deer in headlights. FIGHTING~

Twenty one days at #1 on Melon!!!!! That's so awesome! I'm hopeful for the upcoming days and I'm hoping they can become #1 but that's just me; they are in great company though!

THANK YOU EVERYONE, for the most part, I look forward to coming to this thread and spazzing out with your girls and guys on the topic of the Wondergirls!!!

P.S. AsherTua: I love your siggy and the line about the WG! So gonna save it for a rainy day to read over and over again. <3

Guest Dumpling9

Wonder Girls with their favorite juniors, Teen Top :)

tumblr_lve2pmy3JT1r0bkeb.jpg

원더걸스 선배님 실제로 처음 봤는데 참 좋네요 만나서 너무 반갑고 감사합니다 -캡-

“I really like and have been wanting to meet Wonder Girls sunbaenim, it was nice meeting you, thank you -C.A.P-“

Sr: Cap's me2day

Guest supergangSTAR

Really people,please stop responding, some of you may think you are replying with witty remarks or that you are defending the WGs and such but you just keep biting the bait. If you have an issue with a post then please report it to the Mods. They are already aware of whats going on but some replies to this user isn't helping the situation. This user is entitled to their opinion and whether we agree or disagree we shouldn't fill up this thread with such hostility. Even if we believe Wonder Girls to be the best (and I do) we have to realize not everyone is going to think like we Wonderfuls do. So don't take offense so easily and just stay positive ^_^

Guest tikamicizia

@honeysucklerose, emm no not from bloggers :lol: . look at the news from qoxie

OMG. Saw the Chinese translation for this. Can someone interpret directly from the Hangul, so to preempt misunderstandings?

Apparently the Korea Association of Popular Music 한국대중음악협회 critics rate WG's Wonder World & BEG's Sixth Sense as the top female idol albums for 2011!

This comeback is a triumph! WG won over both the pundits & the general audience.

Screenshot:

*quoted image*

Text (critics' grades & comments):

The rankings:

1. Wonder Girls, Wonder World (average rating: 3.4 stars)

1. Brown Eyed Girls, Sixth Sense (3.4 stars)

3. 2NE1, 2nd Mini Album (3.2 stars)

3. Midnight Circus, Sunny Hill (3.2 stars)

5. Secret, Moving In Secret (2.7 stars)

6. G.Na, Black & White (2.6 stars)

7. G.Na, Top Girl (2.5 stars)

8. SNSD, The Boys (2.375 stars)

9. Davichi, Love Delight (2.3 stars)

9. Kara, Step (2.3 stars)

11. f(x), Pinocchio (2.2 stars)

11. 4minute, 4Minutes Left (2.2 stars)

13. Rainbow, So Girl (2.1 stars)

13. miss A, A Class (2.1 stars)

15. Hyuna, Bubble Pop (1.65 stars)

16. JQT, Peekaboo (rating unmentioned)

17. Sistar, So Cool (1.5 stars)

Source: http://www.ygosu.com...ge=7&idx=568971

physical sales don't equal to great artists.. take suju, they sold so much but they're not that popular and well respected in SK ;) . so don't be discouraged when WG can't sold much, they achieve something in many other ways too, let's cherish that :wub:

*btw we're gonna reach 2000 pages soon! yayy for the 3rd threadd!! at least this friendly conv. helps so much to reach 2000 pages. hurrayy

Guest UncleSam

I'm in Seoul at the moment~ I went to inkigayo on sunday and saw the girls live, I screamed sooo loud with K-wonderfuls, hahaha, my throat stull hurts! I'm was sooo happy that they won!!

@Joachim I envy you. I wish I were there..

The review of the Vogue Interview after the translation.

I praise the Vogue staffs making such a through and deep interview, They did ask personal things and did not avoid the thorns in the throat. Sunye seems more and more like a missionary rather than an idol singer(Docu-min, hahaha). Yeun is developing her own talent to be a producer(maybe soon we may hear YUP instead of JYP). Yubin is searching and experimenting the different music(Her English rap of BMB is much better.). We all probably know the idol life in Korea is short-lived. It seems they are well aware of that . They seems to know who they are. I was really impressed by the unpretentious Sohee. She doesn't want to be more than who she is. I think they are all unpretentious. On side note, Herim is an spunky and shy teenager who makes the team mood little bit lighter(In fact, I think other members are over-matured mentally in their age. They don't sound like college kids at all. Don't misunderstand me. I like them) They were so bonded with each other and compliment each other.

Overall I got the impression that they are on the threshold between artists(musicians) and idols. The GNO performance in the Nov. 13th was the proof. The energy of performance can not be choreographed and practiced. I can feel the energy even through the clip. And I think only few in K-pop industry can pull it off.

Some may perform the choreography in a military precision. Some may sing better. To sing to inspire, in other words, to make a difference is really rare in the music scene. Some songs they sang really inspired me because they meant it.

I want them to succeed in the States. Whether they will succeed or not, I don't know. The thing I know is I can respect them as a person even though they are a lot younger than.... ( I personally want them to produce their own album. Branched out like Bang ShiHyuk, write their own songs, direct their own recording and produce albums. )

PS. I want support them(and all the musicians) so I have to say this smart and obvious thing like somebody. Apology in advance for stating the obvious which everybody knows. Please do not illegally download the songs or movies. It is a theft. You are stealing their money for each time if you download illegally even though you do not physically steal the CD. If you see the duplicate of MVs on the channel other than the official channel, email the Agency so they can do something about it. It is the one of reasons that the K-pop stars have to appear on the entertainment programs and sell the other aspect of their life other than music because selling music cannot support them that the illegal downloading is rampant.

Sorry. Many people concerned about certain postings. He started by disrespecting me. I will tone down.

A Korean Proverb.

가는 말이 고와야 오는 말도 곱다.

"If you begin to talk polite and courteously, people will talk back in polite and courteous manner."

Japanese Proveb

親しい仲にも礼儀

"Keep courtesy and politeness even among friends."

Guest TheArchangel

Congrats to Wonder Girls for the tie in the most recommended album of the year. Haven't listen to Sixth Sense as a whole.

Though Wonder Girls isn't selling that much in physical sales. You have to realize that their digital sales are impressive. WONDER GIRLS DAEBAK.

Note:

HoneysuckleRose is a WONDER GIRLS ANTi. Please flag his posts if you see one and also not reply to him.

Guest Mia_Mia
Guest TheArchangel

Trust me that "mannerful" title was stripped once a certain group of 'Wonderfuls' decided to randomly screw over another fanclub and reserve a ton of tickets, and not pay, so that it resulted in hundreds of empty seats at a concert.

I guess Mannerful can be a cute take on Sohee's "mandu" name though, because it certainly isn't telling of any fanclubs 'manners' as if they all share one collective brain.

Scary. lol

What critics? Bloggers or highly respected, industry critics? Or major magazine critics? :)

When WG achievements involve selling over 100k albums atleast, I will give them their props. But honestly charts and bloggers reviews don't impress me that much. Most singles artists do very well on charts, and poorly in album sales. That is to be expected. ^_^

I still love Yoobin though <3. :P

I can also enjoy Wonder girls as a group without fawning over silly little achievements honestly, but I know some fans are just anti-fans of another group which results in them being obsessed with awards and such, and pretending to be fans of WG. :phew:

Hey love.

It's great that you post. I actually really think its great that there is a dissenting opinion on the thread. And I understand that you are more than apprehensive of the regular dose of fandom banter (wherein everyone can only praise and if anyone else who offers an even half-way critical opinion about the artist, they are seen as haters); you are practically teetering on the edge of hostility toward it though.

What I don't like about your posts is the condescending tone. That is more than unnecessary, no?

Is there any need to sound like you absolutely believe you are better than anyone else who posts on this thread? In my opinion, I think not. This isn't a personal threat in any way. I find myself mildly annoyed by this constant parade of pedantic-ness that I come across when I read your posts (see I actually do read them), and it just puts me off. 

Also, on another point, the girls' achievements in South Korea ARE a pretty big deal, in South Korea. You should know that since you said you were Korean, right? Forgive me if I'm wrong, since I'm working on that assumption. And you should know that silly little awards actually do have a lot of driving force in defining success and failure, in the girls' home country. I can't back myself up with supporting evidence because I don't have the time. And for someone who enjoys their music, you honestly don't think the girls have improved? I absolutely love listening to them live. And I've been a fan from the beginning, and trust me the beginnings had its various struggles. 

Being a thread about the SOUTH KOREAN girlgroup the WONDERGIRLS, I find it pointless for you to mention their unpopularity in the US market, when they are obviously doing well at home and we are in the middle of their KOREAN promotions. And in SK, digital sales just count more now a days, as in people don't really sell physically (I don't know why the music market is the way it is, probably one of the many facets of  advancements in technology).

About the older ways of fans, we don't live in the past. As human beings I believe that we make mistakes, somewhat completely unethical mistakes which at that time seems like the right thing to do (the ever fanatical fan, eh?), and then we regret them and wished we never partook of it, and thus we learn from our mistakes. And Wonderfuls, at least not so far as I have heard, haven't ever repeated that since then. And for the most part, I think the fandom has stayed generally mannerful... at least we haven't driven anyone into mortal crime or anything of that sort.... Also, being a largely passive group, I think we are good when we receive news out of the norm, like our Leader is dating and we're cool with that (I see no reason to be otherwise :D

The backhanded attacks about this "other" group, you do that a lot. Cut that crap out, that's just low and again, unnecessary. That seems to be the word for a lot of what you post, that's the problem. For someone who was very pissed about mentioning other people, and in turn bringing those people down on this thread, you seem to be riding on a hypocrisy high with the number of times these others have been mentioned by you, while consequently insulting (yeah that's a strong word, but that's how you come off, change your tone of voice if you want to avoid that) the fans of the Wondergirls. Honestly, that's unpleasant to see, and I hope you won't repeat it again.

By all means post. At least do it in a friendly way, that's all I'm saying.

Let's not make this a matter of whose got better brains (though I'm more than confident on that front :P, holding no candles for humility in the situation we are in) please. Also the constant emoticons actually decrease your credibility and make you sound like a hormonal teenager. Not that there's anything wrong with hormonal teenagers.

Live and let live, guys!

And I'm replying with an honest opinion here. Its not really "feeding a troll" (and its kind of offensive to call people that to their face, don't you think, unless they get off on it?), its more like saying my peace and hoping we can all just be on better terms. I for one am no follower of sunshine and daisies and rainbows in everyone's lives, but in some ways, the music and musicians I like are my source of relief from an otherwise busy and stressful life and I honestly don't want that ruined by this constant negativity surrounding the thread.

Cheers,

Patience.

@TheArchangel: With the Note, I think thats really uncalled for. Just because they provoke you thus, lets not try to put the person down like that. I wouldn't want to be called names, no matter what they are and what I was doing. Aren't we upholding these "manners" we are so inclined to point out in everyone's face. I'm not being hostile (!!!), we are who we show ourselves to be. And there's a five post per member per day limit (I don't know if that's dormant or what?) so put everything in the same post. I love Stop so much and am really looking forward to seeing the girls actually perform it, because that song is GOLDEN, in my opinion off course.

^SUNYEEEE SINGING STOP! One of my favorite song from the album T.T Will I ever see the performance for it. Cry myself to sleep :lol:

Well is Suju pretty well known, most of their members do other activity beside super junior. So I wouldn't say they aren't big in SK. Plus they are very love.

@supergangSTAR

Well I can understand the fans that can't help but reply. It hard to when one person keep on putting down the girls. It make the thread less enjoyable, and honestly this is getting to a point that is just to much. I been in this thread for so long, and this is the first time I feel like whenever I'm about to come here I have to be ready to read something negative. *Shrug; It driving me away a little to be honest. Some can ignored it but some I can tell is getting really annoy with it. It starting to turn into; normal fan "Good news" or "Wonder girls is no.1" but then they'll come in with "that ain't good news, that not something to be proud off. ." or something smart. I'll continue to ignored it and I hope others do too. I'm sure after a while they'll get bored and move on. (Sorry for my bad english -.-)

That my take on it, sorry Wonderfuls just hold on and I'm sure this phase will pass ^O^ Haha

Edit: I post up those dance cover I was talking about. I only post video that are 2 or more people, because on Youtube there are so many Solo dancer who cover the song. And not many group; I'm not saying the solo dancer aren't good but hard to find one with groups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozg2Dp8eJTM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-caQBvg3QU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOQOUFX-Etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQocUKCSZeI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hokTI-7P0fE

^They are really good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2pix413ydc

AHHHH ^ So cute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt4YtYRJHS4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoLC0X_EF8I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIxi8F0Spe4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNAuF2o2qtA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIeqwLxyat0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_8GnLrJ7RA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwk63OqEw-k

^Aw

Oh okay that it haha show them support :) I wish them the best of luck.

Guest TheArchangel

^^Well is Suju pretty well known, most of their members do other active beside super junior. So I wouldn't say they aren't big in SK. Plus they are very love.

@supergangSTAR

Well I can understand the fans that can't help but reply. It hard to when one person keep on putting down the girls. It make the thread less enjoyable, and honestly this is getting to a point that is just to much. I been in this thread for so long, and this is the first time I feel like whenever I come here I have to be ready to read something negative. *Shrug; It driving me away a little to be honest. Some can ignored it but some I can tell is getting really annoy with it. It starting to turn into; normal fan "Good news" or "Wonder girls is no.1" but then they'll come in with "that ain't good news, that not something to be proud off. ." or something smart. I'll continue to ignored it and I hope others do too. I'm sure after a while they'll get bored and move on.

I know right. Its like your trying to be positive but this person keeps crushing that positivity. Its a bit depressing. I have been flagging his/her posts and I do hope the moderator will look into it.

Note:

HoneysuckleRose is a WONDER GIRLS ANTi.

Please flag his posts if you see one and also not reply to him.

Note:

Those Sunye fancams are really cute. :) Haha, I love how she just picks up her mic and starts singing along. She is a proud performer, I'm not sure if that's the right word but it's pretty indisputable that she was born to be a performer and puts on a show whenever possible.

Aww, I just love that you can tell the girls are extremely proud of this album (they have so many reasons to be). As it's been said before they've never looked as happy as they do now when performing. I know it's in great part because of how much they miss their fans and the stage but it's great to see how much they've grown and developed as performers. Omg, especially Sohee. She's always been a great performer but now she even looks like she's having fun. <3 Major props to our mandu. I am so happy with this new direction their going~

Guest jcsmark

More pics from the fan signing

98755a9cgw1dnju87womej.jpg

20111126hottracksfansig.jpg

Credit as tagged

------

[Today's schedule]

29/11 JTBC Naughty Boys recording (HOAM Art Hall)

29/11 Naver Happy Bean Event

29/11 Strong Heart EP2 broadcast (11:15PM)

Credit Wonderfuls Cafè

Guest TheArchangel

Note:

Note:

Note:

@TheArchangel: With the Note, I think thats really uncalled for. Just because they provoke you thus, lets not try to put the person down like that. I wouldn't want to be called names, no matter what they are and what I was doing. Aren't we upholding these "manners" we are so inclined to point out in everyone's face. I'm not being hostile (!!!), we are who we show ourselves to be. And there's a five post per member per day limit (I don't know if that's dormant or what?) so put everything in the same post. I love Stop so much and am really looking forward to seeing the girls actually perform it, because that song is GOLDEN, in my opinion off course. 

EDIT:

It's a personal opinion off course, I don't mean to make enemies out of the obvious comrades :D

You sound really mad and I'm sorry if I'm the cause; I didn't mean for it to come off in a way that was accusing you of anything, or of me trying to tell you what to do. That was not my intention. I just think that you naming them thus and then parading that name calling in every post gives the person the satisfaction they need, your feeding their need for attention by asking people to ignore them - best way to get other people to notice them, that's all I was saying... Also common decency suggests we don't judge, no matter who the person, and what the situation, everyone has their story... 

Mannerfuls, right guys?

Patience.

Guest supergangSTAR

^SUNYEEEE SINGING STOP! One of my favorite song from the album T.T Will I ever see the performance for it. Cry myself to sleep :lol:

Well is Suju pretty well known, most of their members do other activity beside super junior. So I wouldn't say they aren't big in SK. Plus they are very love.

@supergangSTAR

Well I can understand the fans that can't help but reply. It hard to when one person keep on putting down the girls. It make the thread less enjoyable, and honestly this is getting to a point that is just to much. I been in this thread for so long, and this is the first time I feel like whenever I'm about to come here I have to be ready to read something negative. *Shrug; It driving me away a little to be honest. Some can ignored it but some I can tell is getting really annoy with it. It starting to turn into; normal fan "Good news" or "Wonder girls is no.1" but then they'll come in with "that ain't good news, that not something to be proud off. ." or something smart. I'll continue to ignored it and I hope others do too. I'm sure after a while they'll get bored and move on. (Sorry for my bad english -.-)

That my take on it, sorry Wonderfuls just hold on and I'm sure this phase will pass ^O^ Haha

sorry to cut your post short. I agree with everything you have said. I've been a long time fan and and long time lurker of this thread who has just started coming out and posting. But lately it just seems like I can't enjoy and share in all the great news about the Wonder Girls without hitting a negative speed bump here and there and that is to be expected I guess, but I can read and move on and not be bothered by one opinion. I really liked your other post abut spreading positivity or positives outweighs negatives (I hope I didn't get it wrong>_<), I understand that fans want to defend and I think there are ways about doing that so instead of replying with a negative why not post something positive about the girls instead, which I do see some doing as a defense and I like that method better :)

And I just wanted to thank everyone who has contributed/translated all these goodies about the Wonder Girls. I appreciate all your hard work and efforts ^_^

Archived