Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest jcsmark

^

I don't think the Nov. 27th daily chart was counted towards the 19 because the article was released before the day ended (the article was out around noon on the 27th). I just checked the daily chart on Melon for the 27th and WG is No.1

This means Wonder Girls' Be My Baby has now topped Melon's daily chart 20 times!

Nov. 27th Melon daily chart

20111127182637.jpg

Congrats to WG for the win on Inkigayo!

693fbed1gw1dnik7bweijg.gif

Credit yeeunbar@weibo

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna keep on streaming a bit more until i go to bed.

Full WG performances @ Jam Concert,the previous shared version was from TVDaily,and only a sneak peek.Thanks to PikeYenny for uploading the HD Fancam : (AWESOME QUALITY!)

[HD Fancam] 111125 Wonder Girls - Be My Baby + Talk + Nobody @ Jam Concert  

http://youtu.be/k-UtXaIxxV0?hd=1

yooadiva.gif

The girls look super happy and ready to rock!

Sun Ye especially was on fire XD See Nobody's performance.

Sun Ye : "Are you guys ready? OKAY!THERE YOU GO!" *0*

Guest loveex3

that honeysuckle person is obviously not a wonder girls' fan so i honestly can not grasp why the hell he/she feels the need to come in here and express negative opinions on the girls.

On a lighter note, :)

I'm extremely proud of the girls and truly happy that they won inkigayo mutizen today.

I was feeling a little down and discouraged, but this week's win on inkigayo really made me feel better.

Let's finish out strong, Wonder Girls & WonderFuls. We can do it.

Guest savoir vivre

Congratulations, oh my gosh....I am so happy right now!!

w00t.gif

w00t.gif

w00t.gif

Wonder if this has been shared, it's so cute, lol xD

SoBin <3

tumblr_lvbvtjnImn1qeuebro1_250.giftumblr_lvbvtjnImn1qeuebro2_250.gif

tumblr_lvbvtjnImn1qeuebro3_250.giftumblr_lvbvtjnImn1qeuebro4_250.gif

I love this so much... Or maybe I'm just too happy at the moment. <3

credit: stalkapple@tumblr

Guest TheArchangel

Guys, a new cycle of voting in Mnet has begun. Let's vote for WG. Don't hesitate to ask if you don't have an account yet. We'll guide you step by step. Voting ends in less than a day.

Here's the link

Anyone here able to translate this clip?? What is this clip about? I just know it's Jang Geun Seok vs Wondergirls.

[enews24.net] 장근석 vs 원더걸스, 연예계 최고의 글로벌 마당발은?

Haha, that was cute. It's basically about the top leaders in the global market, they're drawing comparisons from "connections" each artist has in different countries and their recognitions there. Pretty interesting. : )

I'm surprised it came down to JGS vs WG and not BB or Rain vs WG.

Topped a page~

Here is some of Yubin's flawless hairflipping. I've never had hair-envy till now.

tumblr_lvcnk9PLvS1qa43pao1_250.giftumblr_lvcnk9PLvS1qa43pao2_250.gif

Guest Mia_Mia

fancams of Sunye from the fan signing

Could someone put it up on youtube so that its easier for everyone else to see?

singing dugu dugu

http://minsunye.ivyro.net/bbs/view.php?id=free&page=1&sn1=&divpage=2&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=10883

Sunye talking to a namderful

http://minsunye.ivyro.net/bbs/view.php?id=free&page=1&sn1=&divpage=2&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=10884

thanking everyone

http://minsunye.ivyro.net/bbs/view.php?id=free&page=1&sn1=&divpage=2&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=10881

cr mindot

Guest TheArchangel

at 1pm kst WG are still number 1 in melon.

I won't bother with the Music shows anymore. If BMBB can have the most number 1 daily in melon for 2011, that's saying a lot.

Guest Mia_Mia

Dating Sunye

In the ever-growing narrative of Korean idols dating, Wonder Girls’ Sunye has contributed to the ongoing trend of idols being frank about their relationships. This trend gained momentum when SHINee’s Jonghyun and actress Shin Se Kyung were essentially caught dating and had no choice to admit it. Beast’s Jonghyun and Kara’s Goo Hara and a sea of other couples followed suit. And now, Sunye joins their ranks.

What is interesting about this situation however, is that Sunye opened up about her relationship of her own volition. And not only did she admit to it of her own volition, but she also admitted to dating a non-idol. Congratulations to the girl! A beautiful voice, a beautiful face, a beautiful heart, and now, a beautiful relationship.

Sunye is a fan favorite across a variety of boards. She is loved by idols, by Wonderfuls, and as proven by our Miss Seoulbeats pageant, by Seoulbeaters as well. And this is not with reason. This girl seems to have a lot going for her but of all these things, it seems like her warm, honest heart and soul is the cherry on this cake.

A relationship with her would most likely be composed of a lot of love, affection, and effort. We may not be on each other’s speed dial, but she seems like to be a very sweet, caring person with a lot of love to share in any relationship, regardless of the nature. Her relationship with this man is most likely no exception. On top of that, not only is it a big step for an idol to admit to a relationship, but it also says a lot about Sunye as a person.

She admitted to the relationship because she felt that it was her responsibility. It may not be any of our business but she was honest with the public and honest to her relationship by admitting to it. This isn’t something to pat her on the back for as an idol, but as a person. Being famous definitely places irregular pressures on idols but it’s nice to know that some idols don’t let these pressures get them and stand by their own principles.

credit seoulbeats

:wub: :wub:

t9k1fc.gif

Guest vana117724

@Vana: If you're referring to what I think you're referring to then I guess you can count WG as the first girl group to win best new female (in so many years), because there were only two female group winners in the past, which were Chakra in 2000 and Big Mama in 2002, which means there was a 5 year gap between their win and WG's win. I think that's due to the format change. I'm not 100% sure but thats what it looks like. It seems like male and female groups were counted in the same category, unless they skipped two years of giving out awards to the new female groups, so if I'm correct, WG are the first female group to win in the new female group category. 

Yes that's exactly what I was referring too. To be more specific, can we not conclude that TVXQ, SS501, Super Junior, Big Bang, Wondergirls, Kara, FT ISLAND, SNSD are the new generation of idols (the first group/wave of the newer generation)...So yes, when the girls won the Mnet awards for the best female rookie of the year, they were the first in this new generation and era of kpop idols. I guess I should have articulated better.

Anyway...some things have changed a lot (soompi has the "positive rating button" (very nice) and there are some negative things in kpop fandom that still remains the same huh? Even after three years. Being first is, of course, not at all always the most positive of things but when it comes to passing judgement, one should read carefully, perhaps 10 times first before misunderstanding something. "Best female group" and "best new female group" are two different things. and I clearly remember not misconstruing the two.

I'm glad this thread has some pretty amazing Wondergirls supporters! HWAITING Wonderfuls...the best consolation for us as a fanbase is seeing our artists healthy, happy and performing their music for us and working hard to showcase their music. As long as their doing that...they could be in Palau or Antarctica and I'd still stay up 24 hours to watch them.

Guest tikamicizia

sunye said she's friend with lee hyori right? and today lee hyori annouces that she's dating. hihihi can't help but thinking maybe she's inspired by sunye?? kekkeke btw it's about time for idols not to be controlled by the fans. they're human too.. hohoo

Guest hrmmmhum

I agree that there is a significant gap in physical album sales but I don't think that changes the impact that broadcast scores would have had on the total score.

BTW 15% broadcasting score. 3678/10279 doesn't look like 15% Would you kindly post the equation to calculate for the scores. It will help me to complain KBS.

I share your concerns so I think it's okay to ask for a reform on broadcast points when they seem to be able to be manipulated pretty easily. It's okay to petition -- if not, this would be a tyranny ^^ But we have to do it in a Mannerful way.

About the broadcasting score, I always assumed that they took the points for broadcasting (I don't know how they come up with it; someone mentioned the length of the program, so maybe it goes by minutes) and multiplied that by the percentage.

i.e. `5 hours = 300 minutes; 300 x .15 = 45, so they would have 45 points to add up to the total score.

But that seems pretty low, so maybe they go by seconds? I think it would be much easier to have standard points to calculate from like how it is for sales (i.e. I think it would be like 600,000 sales so you multiply that by the percentage) and online searching (I think it's number of searches), but it seems a bit weird with broadcasting -- again, do you go by minutes? seconds?

I don't think broadcasting scores are supposed to be 15% of the total score ^^ They just add up individual scores to get the total, but they would have to come up with a total score first to calculate each individual score if it was like that (i.e. 600 total points -- 600 x .15 = 90 so then they decide they have 90 broadcasting points. That wouldn't make sense; they have to have broadcasting scores first)

I hope this helps :)

Are you guys streaming? I am! =]

It's great WG won!!! Let's go, Wonderfuls!!!

@tikamicizia I was thinking if that was the case, too ^^ And it was funny because although they knew each other before, they started going out around the same time (5 months ago, that's June; SunYe's Haiti mission was around then) and got close working on a charity project, too :P But they only announced it now.

Anyways, @vana I thought you were clear enough in your first comment =]

EDIT:

It looks like they're number 1 on Melon & Soribada and 2 on Bugs -- I'm pretty sure that's not real-time; it's whatever is next to real-time. Is that daily? I don't even know with Olleh =P Does Olleh only publish real-time charts? I remember right after their release, all of WG's songs were in the top 10 and their chart seems to fluctuate often, but I don't see any other chart on the site. Anyways, I don't see WG on Olleh

That could be why they're 2 on Gaon so I guess we should start streaming on Bugs :]

So i guess no MAMA for WG this year? But then again i always thought Mnet was JYPE biased, or maybe that was because MarkPD was there LOL...

No, the girls aren't coming down. They have the Naver Happy Bean event & the 개구쟁이 (no English name yet) show recording on their schedule for that day (11/29). The latter is for the new jTBC channel in Korea. It appears to be for the show's premiere telecast as well, so maybe the production will make it grander.

It's just bad timing that WG's Korean comeback clashed with Mnet focusing on the MAMA Awards show here in Singapore. As a result, they did only one M Countdown appearance (I'm not sure this week's regular show will air too, following last week's cancellation) & one Mnet Wide News interview (which looked like it was filmed before or after the girls' performance).

But Mnet & JYPE also remain partners (the MULA concert franchise). JYP has also worked a lot with CJ Group (Mnet's parent): Dream High TV series, UV's Itaeon Freedom single, etc. Plus Yoobin's old girlgroup Oh-Sonyeo was also under a CJ E&M subsidiary. (There was also recent talk that JYPE's former China trainee Liu Xin may sign with CJ E&M.) They need each other. JYP Nation's overseas expansion is based on co-opting industry allies, while CJ's music branch is still in recovery mode (Hyori's plagiarism lawsuit). I also think WG remains Mnet's biggest drawing power in the international sphere.

EDIT: WG filmed KBS Hello yesterday. I saw the raw footage: they were wearing sweaters (no performance?) YooMinLim YeBinLim are filming SBS Star King today, according to the schedule.

Guest HoneysuckleRose

So Vana, WG are the "first" to win that Mnet award, despite the fact that they aren't the first to win it at all? lmao.

Why are so many of the post in this thread complete lies, and then further explained with the most ridiculous semantics?

I mean if it makes you happier to claim they were 'first' at everything and anything, then okay. blush.gif:)

sunye said she's friend with lee hyori right? and today lee hyori annouces that she's dating. hihihi can't help but thinking maybe she's inspired by sunye?? kekkeke btw it's about time for idols not to be controlled by the fans. they're human too.. hohoo

Pop stars in Korea have been being open about their relationships since Park Han Byul and Seven finally admitted to dating.

Hara would be the next POPULAR star to admit to such a thing.

What SunYe does that Hyori would never do is milk her 'relationship' for the media. Announcing it and using it as media bait are two things PHB  & Seven and Hara & her BF never did. Hyori will be doing the same as them. :phew: 

Guest savoir vivre

tumblr_lu3j9v3Ly91qakljco1_500.gif

our girls are so wonderful....nobody could resist their charms wink.gif..

We're nearing the third thread guys, I am so happy!!

We've come along way, WONDERFULS~!!

<3

WFs + WG = DAEBAK! 

Archived