Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest valentino_rossi46

^

^ No no JYP often hints his new project in their artist MV/song (ex: 2PM 10 points, 4/9/2008 was appeared in So hot, etc) so

So it's really a chance that the song in the beginning of Goodbye baby is WGs new song, it doesnt weird at all :P

We shouldnt forgot that always JYP delay our girls song again and again, their album still will be his biggest project of his life :)

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wonderful ♡

^ It's around the 0:20 mark. I can definitely hear something along the lines of "lose control" too! Hmmm I don't want to get my hopes up but omg this is exciting.

Guest qoxie

^

Yes, this is the part I was referring to. 

There's a falsetto (female?) singing voice when missA's MV cuts back to this scene (0:45 to 0:54 in the original clip).

"I ain't coming home" (lyric) sounds credible *shrug*.

I thought it might be Yeeun since the other 4 WG girls don't sing like that (stylistically).

^ For the snippet u'r referring to, it sounds more like JYP than anything, its way too high pitched to be Yeeun.

EDIT: Never mind then, hehe!!

Also, My gosh Minledah and Maknae look so gorgeous in their respective pictures!!! My ladies sure are elegant beauties!!

Patience.

Guest qoxie

FALSE ALARM ~ lol

I checked around. The said song is "Feel Good" by Eric Benet featuring Faith Evans.

Can't find any MV for it, only live clips. But those are the exact words Ms Evans was singing in the 2nd part.

The 1st part (by Benet) matches phonetically with the lyric sheet too:

...exactly what you're feeling / see i don't like to lose control / of this crazy world i'm feeling ...

Better delete that video excerpt...

Yeeun is our Faith Evans! rolleyes.gif

^

LOL You should've let me spazz a bit more :sweatingbullets:

Anyway it's been funny. I believed hearing a distinct Stevie Wonder vibe, which in perspective it's not strange since he's a model for many voices.

Back to patiently waiting...

---

Recently I switched to lurker mode because of an excess of things to get done immediately, I'm sorry guys. Just want to tell you that I appreciated the whole discussion about Sun Mi. It's a pleasure to be here with Wonderfuls, you guys show a maturity that isn't easy to find. Thank you all.

Hey guys don't know if this has been posted before, but I was watching Running Man Ep. 50, and they're in thailand looking for foreigners who know kpop, and this one lady only knew the Wondergirls~!!!!!!!!

Made me feel proud, :D

Here's the video, starts around 4:11, need to have an FB account to get through!

Running Man Episode 50

Patience

I checked around. The said song is "Feel Good" by Eric Benet featuring Faith Evans.

Can't find any MV for it, only live clips. But those are the exact words Ms Evans was singing in the 2nd part.

The 1st part (by Benet) matches phonetically with the lyric sheet too:

haha I knew  that was not Yeeun's voice or other girls. 1st few times I listen to it I was like "wait, sounds like stevie wonder's voice" coz it sounds like male's voice and I  knew JYP wants WG to collab with him a few months back.. and then I listen it again with louder volume and this time it sounds like Chris Brown's voice coz the rhythm kinda feels like an R&B song to me LOL

Needless to say, miss A's "Good-bye Baby", music-wise, is really good..feels clean and fresh, albeit its quite simple composition like BGGG. Can't wait for what JYP will offer to us when they release WG's upcoming mini-album in the future.

thanx for the info, qoxie!

Guest QUEENka9

110717 Wonder Girls - K-POP No.1  Queens Of Retro  

Uploaded by p2w74505 on Jul 18, 2011                                                                                                                                                        

Link

http://www.youtube.c...g&feature=feedu

****TOTALLY AGREE with all said in the video.

Shared (?)

Yeeun's fan sketch potrait in 2007. During Tell Me i guess.

yeeuna.jpg

Guest hrmmmhum

@onedaymaniac I think it says that it's for September 10, 2011. Is that right? That seems about when WG would be promoting, since the other events we've seen are from mid-August to late-August.

I think it's being held in Beijing. Do you think WG would promote in Korea first? They'd be nearby Beijing in Korea, but they have the Mets Game, too... But even so:

Google Translate said, "Note: part of the problem can not be cast as schedule adjustments may result in a slight lineup change, so stay tuned ... ..." from the last sentence, even if the speculation is true for now =\

[ENG SUB] Brave Girls "We choose Wondergirls as our role model"

My linkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjYSEdzRmGk&feature=feedlik

Credit: globalsunlights (wonderr23?) cut and subbed it! ^^

Edit: SunYe tweeted earlier today! I didn't even notice!

WGsun Sun Min

If I speak touges of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. (1 Corinthians 13:1)

13 hours ago

WGsun Sun Min

내가 사람의 방언과 천사의 말을 할지라도 사랑이 없으면 소리나는 구리와 꽹과리가 되고 (고린도전서 13:1)

13 hours ago

Her replies are so sweet:

WGsun Sun Min

@sujaekyoaegyo02 thanks for ur lovely words. reading ur saying made me think how much I'm blessed..thank God!

15 hours ago

WGsun Sun Min

@dream00j aww yeah! It's my dream,too but u know we can always meet in prayer :)

15 hours ago

WGsun Sun Min

@WGsally that's so thoughtful ! Thanks so much :)

15 hours ago

It's about old news, but Soompi wrote about movie appearances by idol stars:

(hopefully, we'll soon have WG at the Apollo to add to the list ;] )

Idol Stars Who Have Made Movie Appearances…?

by: cherryspirit on Jul 17, 2011 Flag as inappropriate

These days, idol stars not only rock at singing and dancing, but they can also pull off acting. These multitalented stars have been in the spotlight by showing off their acting skills in various areas such as musicals, dramas, and movies! Producers usually welcome these idol stars because they guarantee ticket sales due to their huge fan bases. Here is an introduction to some of the stars and the movies they appeared in. Did you have a chance to see some of these movies? What did you think about their acting skills and their roles?

Wonder Girls in “Last Godfather”

The Wonder Girls made a surprise cameo appearance in the movie “Last Godfather” last year! In this comedy movie about Yong Goo, who turns out to be the son of the godfather, the lovely girls appeared as jazz club singers at a club that the fellow mafia member Macho takes dejected Yong Goo in order console him. The Wonder Girls grabbed the attention of viewers for giving a powerful performance of their hit song “Nobody.”

Wonder Girls’ Sohee in “Hellcats, I Like It Hot”

Sohee made her big screen debut in 2007 with the movie “Hellcats, I Like It Hot” where she played the role of Kang Ae, an inquisitive high school girl who has some many things that she wants to do and is curious about love and dating. While she’s always busy looking after her busy mom and discouraged aunt, Kang Ae’s biggest concern/worry these days is her physical affection with her boyfriend Ho Jae (played by Kim Bum) whom she has been dating for three years.

Cr: Soompi

EDIT AGAIN: SunYe tweeted again!

WGsun Sun Min

momedia.video.nate.com/mov/001/2010/0…

7 minutes ago

Her link

But it won't play for me :o

EDIT AGAIN 2:

Woah, I found an article/picture of SunMi (and Younha) in the Malaysian newspaper:

348473796.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1311054174&Signature=TCFjKCKSYsTuPYJsGHNtWI%2Fk35E%3D

http://twitpic.com/5rh03o

Cr: @roswellgirl at Twitter

WOAH! This is my first successful upload of an image LOL x)

Guest qoxie

found this circulating at weibo.

wg is one of the guest list artist alongside rain,hyori,jang woo hyuk,suju-m and snsd

and with few other japanese and chinese artist.

qoxie,can you confirm this.

link>>http://www.shuiniaot....com/p_4625.htm

*quoted image*

Couldn't access weibo all of yesterday. 

It appears the Great Firewall of China was blocking out my region for some reason.

Anyway, no further info yet about this gig. 

Other fanbases are only beginning to share the news at their respective forums, from what I can see.

Seems improbable, though. No sponsors or co-opted state agencies mentioned in the poster.

Among the foreign artistes, Utada is definitely on hiatus, RAIN is preparing to enlist, BoA is focusing on her US movie this year, while WG, SNSD & Hyori are all slated for imminent comebacks.

Here is my translation of the article:

Sino-Japan-Korea Contemporary Music Festival

An unprecedented strong lineup, featuring ultra-popular singers from China, Japan & Korea, coming together for a superlative spectacle for all the fans!

Time: 2011-09-10 20:00

Venue: Beijing National Stadium (Bird's Nest)

Artiste lineup:

China: Jay Chou, Jolin Tsai, Han Lei, Wilber Pan, Wang Feng, SHE, Jane Zhang, Han Geng

Japan: Ayumi Hamasaki, Utaka Hikaru, SMAP, Koda Kumi

Korea: RAIN, BoA, Lee Hyori, Jang Woo Hyuk, SUPERJUNIOR-M, SNSD, WONDERGIRLS

[skipped artiste profiles]

Conceptual plan:

The cultural arts has always been used to promote friendship between China, Japan & Korea. It is an important communication link between the 3 countries. There has been a steady increase in state-level & civil-society cultural exchanges in recent years, which helped create a very positive climate for [mutual] reciprocity & development.

This September-October, 'Beijing Production Company' [literal translation; I think this is their website] is organizing our first Bird's Nest international music festival. Through this platform, we hope to inaugurate our long-planned 'Sino-Japan-Korea Contemporary Music Festival' [literal translation] as a showpiece highlight. Through excellent performances by Asian- & global-league performers, at the world-renowned 'Bird's Nest' of Beijing Olympics fame, & with prime music coverage by the major media from the 3 countries, we aim to help write new historical pages about friendship enhancement, cultural appreciation, building for the future, & the interblending of civilizations. 

[skipped the rest, which is more hyperbole. But It mentions foreign performers must include a Chinese song or remake of a Chinese tune in their set.]

Note: There may be lineup changes if some performers have scheduling problems, so stay tuned....

Guest qoxie

pVHrT.jpg

WG Yoobin's sorrowful eyes: "What happened?"

WONDERGIRLS member Yoobin shared a selca which attracted everyone's attention. In the wee hours of June 17, she had tweeted: "here's a selca after a long absence" along with a photo. In the picture, Yoobin's hair was dyed golden & neatly tied up as she gazed towards the camera. Netizens who saw the photo said: "So pretty", "Your eyes seem sorrowful", "What happened?" & other reactions. Meanwhile, WONDERGIRLS will make a domestic comeback in the 2nd half of this year.

Korean source: Nate

Translator: Qiqi

Template: Zhuyang

Cr: wusexiangxuanbar

Guest wonderr23

Was Sohee's provocative pose "bold'?

htm_20110719203632c000c010-001.JPG

The captivating photo of Wondergirls' Sohee revealed.

On the 18th a community portal site posted, "Sohee's sensual beauty explosion" along with a series of her photos.

Sohee on a recent fashion photoshoot was wearing a red skirt and sleeveless dress. Her short dress made her legs visible. The provocative pose was captivating as well.

Netizens commented, "Sohee is really becoming an adult now", "she's got a really great body proportions", and "uncle fans will melt at the sight of her boldness and chicness".

Kim Jin-seok online news journalist [superjs@joongang.co.kr]

v

v

you can contact the guy who wrote the article here : superjs@joongang.co.kr :P

Guest crazyfrog

^ lol what. I LOVE that photoshoot. Sohee looks amazing in it. Yes she does look sensual. but that doesn't necessarily translate to sexual or provocative. And she's barely showing any skin. tbh, her hair is covering most of her upper body, I don't know how the netizens can even tell she has great body shape based on those photos. Either they have some powerful eyes, or just powerful imagination...

Guest wonderr23

2w2ijix.jpg

Photographer NoisyZHANG updated! "4th July, at Athens Olympic Stadium. Due to the opponent's poor opening serve, Sunye did not manage to return most of the shots. However, to acknowledge her high-level skills (in reality), the committee awarded a Special Olympic medal to Sunye. Yeeun, too, received the same medal."

Credit: as tagged

Source: sunyebaidu

Archived