Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest qoxie

BTW , i have a question .. do all of u have accounts in Fantastic???

Yup, I saw quite a few with the same handles. 

But some soompiers went over & never came back :/

- - - - - - -

I thought this blog was well written & decided to translate it.

Kpop fans from different shores are getting excited about the upcoming comebacks.

Edited out all but the main pic for the sake of brevity.

stSyz.jpg

Source: http://www.wretch.cc...pgrape/17040331

Meteoric rise for f(x) & SECRET in 1st half of 2011, but here comes the major girlgroup comebacks for the 2nd half!

Kpopgrape (blog) 2011-07-17

The Korean music industry recently tallied album sales & audio downloads for the 1st half of 2011. Naver Music has only 2 girlgroups made their top 10 in this area. They are SECRET's 'Shy Boy' which ranked 6th & f(x)'s 'Pinocchio' which was 4th.

Girlgroups had arguably ruled the world in 2010. SNSD, missA, IU & 2NE1 all solidified their top 10 status, while f(x) & SECRET were nowhere to be seen. This trend continued into 2011. SECRET kicked things off by releasing their lovely tune 'Shy Boy' on January 6. f(x) followed up by sweeping the major charts in April with their comeback hit 'Pinocchio'.

Some people attributed f(x)'s & SECRET's meteoric rise in the 1st half of 2011 to lack of music releases by SNSD, missA & other powerful rivals. Although 2NE1 member Park Bom did release a high-profile solo single 'Don't Cry' in mid-April, they only made a comeback as a group during May. The other 2 girlgroups had ruled the music scene at that point.

In particular, f(x) had released theirs only during April & had waited a long time for such affirmation. Both 'Pinocchio' & 'Hot Summer' were critically acclaimed, & they became the most popular girlgroup for the 1st half of 2011!

But the 2nd half of the year looks set to have another girlgroup showdown. After gaining footholds in Japan, KARA & SNSD may now go up against each other!

Reports say the girls are already recording their new albums. SNSD is readying their comeback as they near the end of their Japan tour. KARA recently released their 4th Japanese single & is slated to release an album by late September at the earliest.

This will be KARA's brand-new material following last November's 4th mini-album 'Jumping' & 10 months' rift over contract disputes. SNSD is making a comeback after their 3rd mini-album 'Hoot'. They had almost vied each other for the throne then. Will their agencies let both sides duel it out this time?

Yet WONDERGIRLS let in on the news they are also joining the comeback battle after a long absence. If they do indeed choose to mount a comeback in the same period, then there is going to be an unprecedented 'Battle of the Kpop Girlgroups'.

Inevitably, such major comebacks will be eagerly awaited & also raise everyone's anxiety level. Currently, WG, SNSD & KARA are on par in fan popularity. So the crucial factor may well be what songs they aim to win over the masses' hearts with. Don't forget to give them your enthusiastic support~

Selfish note:  I can't decide who to support. But I feel the most intense battle will occur at year's end. Boyband or girlgroup, their rivalry will involve the whole Korean music industry!!

Photo source: N.A.

News source: ajnews.co.kr

News editor-writer: 牛乳@KPOPGRAPE

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest r1988

The Top 30 Female Idols in Korea!

A poll has been conducted in Korea recently to find out the ranking of the top 30 female idols in Korea.Take a look at the results of the poll below!

1:Lee Hyori (Fin K.L) 57902

2:Tae Yeon (SNSD) 56833

3:Yoona (SNSD) 52747

4:Sung Yuri(Fin.k.l) 49114

5:So Hee(WG) 48591

6:JESSICA (SNSD) 47099

7:Sun Ye(WG) 45002

8:Tiffany (SNSD) 44113

9: Eugene (SES) 40946

10:Goo Hara(Kara) 38880

11:Ye Eun(WG) 37218

12:YURI (SNSD) 37082

13:Ok Joo Hyun(Fin.k.l)36274

14:Uee (After School) 34835

15:Seo Hyun (SNSD) 33011

16:Yoo Bin(WG) 31693

17:Seung Yeon(Kara) 31805

18:Ji Yeon(T-ara) 29007

19:Sunny (SNSD) 28670

20:Soo Young (SNSD) 27994

21:Sandara Park(2NE1) 27249

22:Ji Young(kara) 25982

23:Ga Hee (After School) 25481

24:Hyo Yeon (SNSD) 25448

25:Park Bom(2NE1) 23761

26:Eun Jung(T- ara) 21045

27:Nicole(Kara) 20613

28:Joo Yeon (After School) 18491

29:CL(2NE1) 18486

30:Park Gyuri(Kara) 16992

cr: SNSD thread @ Baidu

Yup, I saw quite a few with the same handles. 

But some soompiers went over & never came back :/

- - - - - - -

I thought this blog was well written & decided to translate it.

Kpop fans from different shores are getting excited about the upcoming comebacks.

Edited out all but the main pic for the sake of brevity.

*quoted image*

Source: http://www.wretch.cc...pgrape/17040331

The competition (comebacks) among WGs, snsd and kara in the 2nd half of this year are in different battlefields indeed.  WGs is mainly aiming at the US market followed by Asia,  snsd & kara are aiming at Asia and Japan.  If WGs make it in the US (good enough) in terms of sales and recognization, they will return as the Queens(a girl group) again worldwide. As for snsd and kara, they are already the queens in Asia and Japan and are head to head in Japan.  I actually like all the 3 groups but of course WGs is my love.  I personally don't do anti/hater stuff, therefore I really wish them all get bigger with their comebacks.  Certainly WGs' success in the US is still 1st priority to me.

Is their comeback even confirmed?

I definetely see the ressemblance with Boa! I Wonder If she Will keep that color for the comeback.

Sohee in the top 5 <3 she really is Korea's darling! I'm sure someone else would rather put her at no 1 :lol:

Guest beceshawtti3

The girl groups of 2007 are coming back soon and people are clearly hyped about it including myself. Wonder Girls found success before SNSD and KARA and went on to harder tasks and challenges and grew as a group and people. They are very mature and thankful for everything. They are the QUEENS of Kpop and SNSD being the lower princesses. Yes, they have more fan support but WG started it all. Of course I wish they were loved more by others because they deserve it all but they don't expect anything so I want them to come back so bad! That's all that matters now. I am so anticipating WG's comeback and their comeback only.

Guest songbird86

2 quick questions:

1. When does Sohee's Nylon spread come out

2. So is it more than likely the WGs are coming back in August?

If so that's pretty incredible. It looks like JYPe is unleashing everybody, because after the WGs it would be 2AM in September. As long as they keep the good music coming I can't complain.

I wish they would stop pitting these girl groups against each other in the media. I know that's what makes the money, but come on! They're all friends :) I hope they all do their best.

^ I was actually wondering about the same thing, allkpop reported that Sohee's Nylon pictorial would be out on July 17th, but it's already the 17th (North American date) and already the 18th (Korean Date) .. I don't think my patience would last, I'm so excited to see it. The concept is adorable, and it was a pictorial celebrating her 20th birthday <3

Regarding the top 30 female celebrities list, I'm so proud of the girls for making it on the list despite not being active in Korea for a long amount of time! The girls are definitely forever the nation's younger sisters. I'm so proud of Sohee for making it on the top five, I mean, if you think about it, the first went to Hyori, and fourth went to Yuri which are both in Fin.k.l a legendary girls group back in the day. Tae Yeon and YoonA have been active in Korea for a long amount of time which doesn't surprise me that they've made the top five. While Sohee hasn't had any activities in Korea, and has been in America for a while, which is why I'm so proud! It's definitely the Sohee effect!

I don't believe the Wonder Girl's comeback is confirmed to be in August or September yet, it was only assumed. Regardless, I'm quite excited for the first three groups who debuted in 2007 to come face to face with each other again. I'd really like to see the girls take back the stage along with the groups that they've constantly been compared to. The competition between fan bases wouldn't be a pretty sight, but I know for sure it'll definitely be the most memorable thing in the second half of 2011 for sure.

Guest Mia_Mia

my baby girl is gorgeous!!!!

tumblr_loicm792Eh1qjemmto1_500.jpg

credit mrsmaknae tumblr

tumblr_loibdtFAZt1qbaabno1_500.jpg

tumblr_loib8l0phK1qbaabno1_500.jpg

tumblr_loib9hn5Hf1qbaabno1_500.jpg

tumblr_loibbtYxFS1qbaabno1_500.jpg

tumblr_loibdtFAZt1qbaabno1_500.jpg

tumblr_loiba8fj1i1qbaabno1_500.jpg

credit fysunye tumblr.

of course Im super proud that Sohee made it to top 5 but what really amazes me is how Sunye is in the top 10 when really compared to everyone else on that list Sunye has the least amount of solo work...okay, she has actually had no actual solo work (never got to promote "maybe" and "energy" was at the same time as "So hot")...all other top 9 female idols have tonnes of individual stuff they've done ...

^ I am loving leader hair color, it remain me of their Tell me & So Hot days :). Leader Min, you are amazing in every pieces of an angel. Everytime I see on the

news or anything she really just shine. It doesn't matter what she do, and I;m not saying this because I'm bias (lmao). I can't wait for Sohee photoshoot to released.

Anyway I am not surprised that our leader is in the top 10. If you guys didn't remember but Sohee & Sunye is the most known & love in Korea during the time

they were promoting. I'm sure even when they come back the both of them will still be on top of the other girls (WG;s members that is) Also what I'm surprised is that most of our girls make it to the list. To say that our girls is forgiven and throw out is just BS.

Guest QUEENka9

found more Sohee's photos from Nylon photoshoot.

http://www.nylonmedi...=&contnumb=1341

Got it from korean website. shared it here...

nylon3.jpg

34218419.jpg31619504.jpg91749265.jpg43103084.jpg31402173.jpg19269994.jpg

Another link

http://cafe.daum.net...|20110718003043

portrait of twenty

그녀가 카메라 앞에 섰다.

소녀에서 여인으로의 아름답고도 불온한 시간을 관통하고 있는 그녀를 보며 문득

그녀가 영원히 이 시간에 갇혀 버린다해도 괜찮겠다는 생각을 했다.

그날은 소희의 스무번째 생일이었다.

- 나일론메이킹필름중.

Here some of the photos

44103088.jpg

67391876.jpg

bbbbbbbff.jpg

bngh.jpg

bvcnf.jpg

bvgnn.jpg

cbxcxv.jpg

fdfdpu.jpg

90356662.jpg

vbvbvbz.jpg

vnfgff.jpg

vvcvf.jpg

bcbc.jpg

ccvv.jpg

fggffg.jpg

cvbcvcvc.jpg

vbbvf.jpg

vfdgdg.jpg

vvgg.jpg

Guest qoxie

Guys, I can hear a snippet of another song playing in the background during the opening of miss A's new MV.

Sounded like it came from a nearby studio set when that scene was filmed.

It was vaguely in English as well, which made me think of WG (rather than the source being another missA song).

Deductively, I would say the vocal style comes closest to Yeeun's among the WG members.

Did you guys pick it up too?

Guest wonderr23

yes i think that's Yenny!! all i can hear is 'i got what you're looking for' '....lose control'. LOL and i think @0:45 i heard Stevie Wonder's voice!

Guest r1988

^

^

^

when I first saw miss A MV this morning I thought exactly the same but then don't u think its weird to use WG song as background in Miss A ?!! beside its hard to tell who was singing

here are caps of sohee photoshoot

무제-211.jpg

무제-23.jpg

무제-24.jpg

Credit:fantastic Heartmiso

Archived