Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest r1988

^

I didnt read the comment section but sadly yes many still dont accept lim as WG even if u read WG articles in allkpop u will still read comments saying that lim is not WG and that sunmi must comeback which makes me really sad b/c lim is so sweet and she is working as hard as the other girls and maybe even harder so I wish people will give her chance like they did with yubin beside it was sunmi choice to leave so its not fair to put the blame on lim

April 2011 Cafe Daum Ranking

1. TVXQ – 747648 (-3579)

2. Big Bang – 346700 (-270)

3. SNSD – 299787 (-1466)

4. SS501 – 239060 (-1066)

5. Super Junior – 223489 (-1741)

6. 2PM – 193815 (-2059)

7. BEAST – 183303 (+3769)

8. Shinhwa – 177935 (+47845)

9. BUZZ – 135506 (-756)

10. SHINee – 125568 (-407)

11. Wonder Girls – 100081 (-726)

12. FT Island – 99213 (-613)

13. 2NE1 – 96830 (-589)

14. MBLAQ – 82344 (+8)

Credit: Cafe Daum + 愿希梦 @ SS501 Baidu + rainaftershine

Guest *bluebutterfly*

More Sunye pictures from the China concert.

Please do not hotlink.

Source: as tagged

Credit: baidu, noname_soompi @ Sunye's soompi thread

Reupload by me

th_e824526423ba4a12ebf8f880.jpgth_582330f3b32a5574720eecb7.jpgth_2487d05470ae0b0a1038c2bb.jpgth_1446cb1b9590a635f624e490.jpgth_9b35dcd9889e5db976c6388e.jpgth_9254adea8b8af77f2df53494.jpgth_4bfb8bff5e68a0744f4aeabd.jpg th_a738a2542458183485352491.jpg

Lim with friends/family

d61dacba3af4e1872f2e21b0.jpg

d43af6695535acba55e72341.jpg

030ff062e3bedb6d5bb5f59d.jpg

Yeeun with friends

e0abc941a5d56e574b90a738.jpg

553855547c67735949fb5159.jpg

195e5c8284315057a08bb76c.jpg

52fe7ebac932b47162d09f94.jpg

Guest lovepapupi

Why do I see alot of cries in the comment section...

is it those ppl who cant accept that shes a wondergirl yet?

Really? Is that true? I don't understand korean language. Maybe some wonderfuls here can translate their (K-netizens) comments. I feel sad if they still can't accept Lim. Because as much i miss Mimi I also like Lim in the group. She is cute, has nice personality and hardworker. I can accept her along with Sunmi if she comeback to the group.

^

Sadly yes many still dont accept lim as WG even if u read WG articles in allkpop u will still read comments saying that lim is not WG and that sunmi must comeback which makes me really sad b/c lim is so sweet and she is working as hard as the other girls and maybe even harder so I wish people will give her chance like they did with yubin

couldn't agree more with you! go Hyerim!!

tumblr_lj4j12Jmdk1qe16dho1_r1_250.gif

--------------

v finally we can see Sunye's puppy! he's so cute!

Guest Ly0209

The Wonder Girls to perform in Malaysia for 

‘Twin Towers 11

20110331_wondergirls.jpg

Malaysian Wonderfuls are in luck!  The Wonder Girls recently shared that they’ll be performing in

Malaysia

mag-glass_10x10.gif on Friday, April 8th, in a free concert organized by Twin Towers @Live in Kuala Lumpar.

They’ll be performing on the first day alongside HoobastankYunaThe Azenders, and Bunkface. Best of all, the concert is entirely free!  Check out the official Facebook event page for more information.

20110404_wondergirls.png

[Credit: Allkpop and followWG@twitter.com]

Guest qoxie

Geez, I just wasted my evening downloading what I thought was the Shim Hyung-rae gangster farce with the WG cameo.

So don't bother if you come across this file, folks: "The Last Godfather.2011.R5.iMAGiNE.rar" (filesonic, 1.38 GB)

It is being circulated around, but this is Liam Neeson's movie "Imagine" instead. Arrghhhhh....

Will continue to monitor online....

- - - - - - - - - - - -

KL Wonderland

K-pop superstars Wonder Girls complete amazing line-up

Malay Mail. Monday, April 4th, 2011 17:11:00

wondergirls_1.jpg

It certainly couldn't get any better for the 50,000 music fans waiting for the 'Twin Towers @ Live' free concert at KLCC this Friday and Saturday.

The ex­citement was already palpable, what with the jaw-dropping list of international and local artistes who'll be rocking the stage - like Hoobastank, Col­by O'Donis, Al McKay's Earth Wind and Fire Experience, Mizz Nina, Yuna, The Azenders, Bunkface and Joe Flizzow lined up. But now it gets even bet­ter - they're sharing the stage with South Korean supergroup Wonder Girls!

The K-pop quintet, who made waves around the world with their highly infectious Nobody in 2008, will be heating up the event with their sexy signature choreography, which sparked a viral dance craze around the world.

The girl group is the first Korean group to have made it into the Billboard Hot 100 with the super catchy single, and is continuing their efforts to break into the highly lucra­tive American market while ex­panding their fan base in Asia, jetting between the continents ever so often.

Making their American de­but in 2009, the girls have since toured with the Jonas Brothers and American Idol winner Jor­din Sparks. They were gaining so much attention that even popular concert venue House of Blues named them Artiste of the Month for June 2010 while online concert authority Poll­star featured them in a special article titled The Wonders of K-pop.

After slight changes in the line-up, the current members are Sun-Ye, Ye-Eun, Yu-Bin, So-hee and Hye-rim, all between the ages of 18 and 22. Since their conception and debut in 2007, Wonder Girls have won numerous awards at home and across Asia, and by the end of 2008, had earned more than RM40 million as a group.

One thing for sure, with the girls joining the out-of-this-world line-up, the Twin Tow­ers @ Live two-day concert, promoted by Jojo Events as a novel way to breathe fire into the Petronas F1 Malaysia Grand Prix over the weekend, will truly be a show absolutely 'nobody' will forget.

The open-air music cel­ebration in the heart of Kuala Lumpur is not only geared as a pivotal effort to re-invent the 13-year-old racing event at the Sepang Circuit. Its cel­ebratory spirit is also expected to impact plans under Greater KL to make the city the nation's heartbeat.

So get in the mood for fast cars, great live music and hot dance moves, and make your way to the awesome stage at KLCC this Friday and  Saturday. Don't miss it!

Guest r1988

Hyerim tweets a photo of herself when she was little

20110404_hyerim.jpg

Wonder Girls member Hyerim recently revealed a cute childhood photo of herself.

On April 4th the idol tweeted, “I found this photo of me when I was little :)” and uploaded a picture of herself from her past.

In the newly revealed picture, Hyerim is seen wearing a bright yellow dress and smiling as brightly as the color of her outfit. Her big doe-like eyes and small facial features looked the same as she does now, and netizens praised her unchanging appearance.

Netizens compared her childhood photo with another recent picture that she took with a rose, saying, “How can you be the same? You show 100% synchronization with your childhood photo keke”, “Your eyes are really big. You’re so cute”, “You were pretty from the beginning”, and “I could believe that you’re not wearing any makeup in your recent photo“.

Source: Newsen via Nate

Credit: AIIKPOP

Guest qoxie

^

She really resembles Jang Nara IMO ^^

As for the non-supporters, Limmie has been a Wonder Girl for over a year already & the existing WFs have more or less settled on which camp to side, even as the 'Nobody' bandwagoners have moved on.

WG's fanbase is very splintered now: it's the same story in Korea, China & international. (IMO The exception is the rest of Southeast Asia which I think is still very united & loyal with the current lineup.)

Case in point: the Twitter trending this past day which I heard took place in Indonesia.

So let's just appreciate what we have & look forward.

It's in WG's career interest to win new fans, & she's going to boost her followers from the newbies & not so much the incumbents anymore.

Hopefully another viral hit song can do it ~

Speaking of followers, the process has been gradual but LIM's twitter has almost caught up Sunmi's old dormant account. About 500 followers short, if correct.

Quite encouraging considering WG has mostly cashed in on 'Nobody' (i.e. preaching to the converted) & released only one new song since the lineup change.

Some of her personal photos.

EDIT: Oops, *bluebutterfly* posted them earlier.

BTW I think they are recent & not pre-debut (check out LIM's & Yeeun's hair color).

Rumored to be taken from LIM's Facebook, although the Baidu uploader denies so.

Sunye's dog photo is from that collection too.

Ditto, as follows: Yeeun's piano; a birthday cake Sunye had baked for LIM; & a selca of ex-SISTERS Sarah Shin.

FJUJK.jpg

jbtWt.jpg

RjvIr.jpg

Cr: 果汁泰然 @ Baidu

Hmmm, her family members. Interesting....

qhQ1X.jpg

- - - - - - - -

Dunno if this is already shared, but here is a fancam of Sunye leaving the HK fundraiser venue.

Same focus angle as one of the earlier posted pics.

http://www.tudou.com...ew/4SqfjoAxqYg/

Guest qoxie

Just read a fan translation of today's Youngstreet transcript on weibo.

Heechul announced one of the WG members is going to appear on his show on Wednesday (April 6)!

MLzBQ.gif

Source: http://t.sina.com.cn/80spetalstribe

[20110404, #KimHeechul# YS translated -28-] Heechcul: Dedicating 'Tell Me' to this listener, then. Heechul: Today is the first day of SBS's revised programming for spring (introduces the next 2 new programs to follow). Let's look forward to our co-host the day after tomorrow! That's the show for today. YS the one & only, in heaven & on earth! Bye~

[20110404, #KimHeechul# YS translated -27-] Heechul: The game will be in infinity challenge format. So far, the participants are me, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Shindong. Caller: Play WG's 'Tell Me', please. Today is my birthday. Heechul: WG's songs can only be played on my own birthday! But one of the WG members shall be deejaying the show together with me this Wednesday. She even said she's going to treat me to a meal. Check it out, all.

Webcast feeds:

http://www.livestream.com/yososexy

SBS's feed (requires registration): http://login.sbs.co....er1005677

Guest yummy_swg

thank you qoxie for the news and livestram link :)

i'd like to see soheechul too XD but i guess it'll be one of team unni ^_^

Guest valentino_rossi46

Only 1 of WGs members :(( , definitely SunYe or Ye Eun, maybe Sun Ye cuz she's closer to Heechul and if she is a guest, highly chance we can hear her very first radio live Maybe ( Oh it's so long since the last time the girls performed at the radio show T_T)

Yoo Bin, Hye Rim doesnt close to Hee Chul. Yoo Bin is quite shy when interview while Lim's Korean is not so good. So Hee is definitely does not come cuz she's shy, quiet and of course she doesnt want a scandal :)

Btw, has just found this clip, he talked about WGs 4th anniversaries

{ENG} 110210 Young Street Heechul talks about Hankyung, Siwon & Wonder Girls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdVI3VIufSM

Movie Review: The Last Godfather

by chloejn on April 4, 2011 at 7:58 pm

This past weekend, director/comedian Shim Hyung Rae’s “The Last Godfather” opened in theaters across the U.S. On April 1st, Shim Hyung Rae made an appearance at the CGV Cinemas in Los Angeles for a special meet-and-greet screening.

Prior to the screening, director Shim Hyung Rae (also known for “Dragon Wars: D-War“) shared that he had felt somewhat lonely while working on the film but felt comforted to see such a great turnout at the event. He assured his fans that he would continue to work hard to bring more Korean movies to the States.

“The Last Godfather” is a comedic spin-off of Francis Ford Coppola’s “The Godfather” trilogy. Set in the rugged 1950’s streets of New York, mafia boss ‘Don Carini ‘ (Harvey Keitel) announces that his son, ‘Younggu’ (Shim Hyung Rae), will be succeeding him as the next Don Carini. Younggu is Don Carini’s secret Korean lovechild whom he brought to the States to be trained to take over his gang. He assigns two of his best men, ‘Tony V’ (Michael Rispoli) and ‘Macho’ (John Pinette), to take over the training process, however they have trouble understanding how this seemingly-slow middle aged man could possibly be their boss’ son. During Younggu’s training, he ends up falling for ‘Nancy Bonfante’ (Jocelin Donahue), the daughter of Don Carini’s rival mafia boss, ‘Don Bonfante’ (Jon Polito), which stirs much trouble between the two rival families.

While Shim Hyung Rae’s slapstick comedy was top-notch, the movie as a whole was a flop. First off, the storyline was all too familiar. Yes, a mafia boss having a hidden Korean lovechild is original, but rival families and the need to “save the girl” in light of family opposition is way overdone. Secondly, the script was rather stale. Seeing that most of Shim Hyung Rae’s comedy is very physical, the script itself was somewhat lackluster.

Lastly, for all you K-pop fans out there, the Wonder Girls cameo was NOT in the film! Last November, we reported on the Wonder Girls’ cameo in the film’s trailer, but it seems that their scene had slyly been removed from the U.S. trailer. Although we do not know if their cameo was also cut from the Korean release, the Wonder Girls’ cameo did not appear at all in the U.S. release of the film.

Unless you are able to solely focus on the comedic aspects of this film, I recommend that you save your money and pass on this film. Shim Hyung Rae may be an respected director and comedian in Korea, but this film does not do his reputation justice.

In the meantime, check out some movie stills and movie trailer below.

That sucks that their cameo was taken out. :( I put the rest of the article in spoilers b/c I only wanted to show the Wonder Girls part, so yeah.

Oh, I wonder who will be going on Young Street with Heechul! All you guys in Malaysia are lucky, the free show, I want to go! Lim is so cute in her past photos, I have to be honest, I wasn't very happy that Lim had joined the group in the beginning, I had just started getting into Wonder Girls when Sunmi left, and I was upset, and I admit I was a little critical of Lim at first, but I got used to her, and now she's one of my favorites! Lim is so amazing, talented, and so cute! :) She's an amazing maknae, and I don't like that there are Wonderfuls who are still opposed to her being in the group. So yeah. I love all the updates! :) ~Linda~

Guest xjjjLOVE

Ahhhh if only it were Sohee....that is SO exciting!!! While they're in Korea they should stop by and record some shows.... it's one of the things I miss most when they're not in Korea, THE SHOWS! >.<'

I don't think it'll be Sohee either but.. I can still dream TT.TT

I wonder why this is going on, it seems kind of random.

But hey, I'm not complaining! ;D

Guest onedaymaniac

[스타포착] "공항패션, 개성돋네"…원더걸스, 4人4色 입국

UVxhY.jpg

[Dispatch=이호준기자] 요즘 유행하는 말로 개성 돋았습니다. 꾸미지 않았지만, 개성이 뭍어나는 공항패션이었습니다. 쌩얼에 선글라스, 자유분방한 스타일은 공항패션의 모범답안이라해도 과언이 아니었습니다. 바로 공항에서 만난 '원더걸스'입니다.

지난 2일 취재차 인천국제공항을 찾았을 때 였습니다. 카메라를 들고 다니던 중 매니저와 함께 입국하는 한 여자 연예인을 발견할 수 있었는데요. 자세히 보니 '원더걸스' 리더인 선예였습니다. 또렷한 이목구비와 연예인 포스는 숨길 수 없었습니다.

30분 후 나머지 멤버인 소희와 유빈, 예은이 함께 나오는 모습도 볼 수 있었습니다. 세 멤버는 선예와 마찬가지로 자신의 카트를 직접 끌고 나오는 소탈한 면모를 보였습니다. 막내인 혜림은 다른 일정이 있어 입국이 늦어지는지 보이지 않더군요.

nbQty.jpg

utg1J.jpg

이날 가장 눈에 띈 건 '원더걸스' 멤버들의 공항 패션이었습니다. '패셔니스타'답게 각자 개성에 맞춰 입었더군요. 선예는 '록시크룩'을 선택했습니다. 가죽 재킷과 그레이 스키니진으로 멋을 냈습니다. 여기에 레드 컬러 머플러로 포인트를 줬습니다.

소희는 '올블랙'으로 시크함을 강조했습니다. 기하학적 무늬가 프린트 된 검정색 롱 카디건에 레깅스, 같은 색상의 토트백을 매치한 통일성 있는 모습이었습니다. 다소 밋밋할 수 있는 룩에 화이트 컬러 구두를 매치해 남다른 패션 센스를 뽐냈더군요.

유빈과 예은은 꽃무늬 프린트를 활용했습니다. 유빈은 플라워 프린팅 티셔츠에 회색 집업으로 편안한 패션을 완성했습니다. 예은은 짧은 플라워 미니 스커트에 블랙 정장 재킷을 매치해 화사함을 극대화 한 모습이었죠. 둘 다 빅백을 들어 실용성도 강조했습니다.

VDBjF.jpg

알고보니 '원더걸스'는 지난 1일 오후 세계적인 스타 성룡이 홍콩 빅토리아 파크에서 주최한 일본 대지진 피해자를 위한 범 아시아 자선행사 '아티스트 311 러브 비욘드 보더(Artistes 311 Love Beyond Borders)'에 한국 대표로 참석해 공연 후 돌아온 것인데요.

늦은 저녁까지 이어진 공연에도 불구 피곤한 기색 하나 없이 입국하는 모습이 프로다웠습니다.주말이라 많은 사람들이 몰렸지만 매니저나 스타일리스트의 도움 없이 직접 자신의 짐을 챙기고, 밴까지 이동하는 모습이 여느 아이돌과 다른 소탈한 매력이 엿보였습니다.

현재 원더걸스는 미국에서 두 번째 해외활동을 위한 음반 작업을 준비 중인데요. 이외에도 한국과 중국 등을 오가며 콘서트 등 밀린 스케줄도 함께 소화하고 있습니다. 앞으로 또 한번 미국 무대에서 멋지게 비상할 '원더걸스'의 모습을 기대해 보겠습니다.

cr:nate.dispatch

no lim...maybe she's still in hk with her family?

Guest qoxie

WG will arrive in Malaysia on April 7 (day before concert), according to the official concert twitter.

http://twitter.com/T...832308846460928

So no problem if LIM is still in HK; she can always fly down from there in time for last-minute rehearsals. (Likely old repertoire anyway.)

- - - - - - - - - -

KL concert venue.

YSW7F.jpg

Cr: TwinTowersAlive2011 Facebook

iDot2.jpg

Cr: MYWonderfuls Facebook

Archived