[drama 2008] You Are My Destiny 너는 내 운명

Guest Soy

Translation for Preview EP 162

[Credit to Philzeta]

Hs:What? Mother's gone?

Dad:What happened?

Hs:What did you do while she was gone?

Sb:Hs.

Sb:Am I just a burden to you? Do you really hate me?

OK, my disgust meter just went up a little more and is rising. HS is slowly but surely losing points in my eyes. After all the crap that SB had to put up with from MJ, he's more concerned that SB may have done something to cause MJ to leave the hospital.

MiOk should buy up as much of Lohas as she can and cause them to have to work for her. I wouldn't give the stock outright to SB though. At this point, she is just too stupid and needy to handle it. She would probably just give it to MJ to try and show what a good DIL she is and to wi MJ over. Now is the time for SB to get the heck away. I would not go back into that house and if my husband chose to stay there I wouldn't need MJ to get divorce papers, I get them myself especially since the marriage would only be annuled since MJ never filed the license. Also, what doesn't make any sense is that SB and HS did not go and register their marriage. If I'm not mistaken both of them would have to go and register the marriage and sign/stamp that it occured and was legitimate.

Usually, I can predict where a Kdrama is headed with minor changes along the way. With this one, I'm not sure even the writers know where it's headed. It's as if they brought in a bunch of trained monkeys and said, 'pick a plot, any plot'. :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is MJ dying??? If that's the writer's way of redeeming MJ, i'm not buying it...and HS of all people should not accuse SB of making MJ leave the hospital...crazy...crazy...I am really beginning to not like HS, I hope too that SB leaves w/ MiOk to USA and come back a different person and hopefully owns most of Lohas' stock shares...and w/ a handsome new boyfriend...So Ji Sub maybe?....he he he...

or could it be the test result indicates MJ is perfectly healthy, perfect 10 points in every categories, that would prove she is faking her sickness.

Guest dbart001
Also, what doesn't make any sense is that SB and HS did not go and register their marriage. If I'm not mistaken both of them would have to go and register the marriage and sign/stamp that it occured and was legitimate.

My sentiment exactly....just how stupid can SB and HS get that after what MJ did to them still trusted her to file their marriage license???? :wacko::crazy::wacko:

My sentiment exactly....just how stupid can SB and HS get that after what MJ did to them still trusted her to file their marriage license???? :wacko::crazy::wacko:

That's it exactly! HS knows that his mother does not like SB and only gave in under duress. So why on earth would he trust her to file such an important document. It's just one of those inconsistencies that really nag me for some reason. The only logic I can see is so that HS/SB can break up and then years later come back together as husband and wife proving that they were each other's destiny all along. Otherwise the only destiny is SB's destiny to suffer and HS' destiny to stay with his mother for life.

Guest gothamknight

Hello from Korea all=)

I just got in as it is Thursday morning here. Cold but sunny is how things look today. Funny thing is I tried clicking on the YOUKU link to watch ep. 161 and I should have realized it would be blocked here since the show is of course available to watch live on tv here. Old habits die hard! I really wanted to know how MJ's health was after the supposed car accident at the end of 160. Hopefully our buddy Ahoxan can post it on youtube soon if he hasn't already so I can watch before catching 162 live tonight here.

Unfortunately I will have a packed schedule for a little while getting settled in and all, but I will definitely chime in here and there to see how the thread is handling the latest directions of the show. If I feel frisky enough to contribute more, I will make it a nice surprise=)

Hope everyone is well, once again thank you for the kind wishes, and everyone enjoy your holidays with your family and friends!

Guest dbart001
That's it exactly! HS knows that his mother does not like SB and only gave in under duress. So why on earth would he trust her to file such an important document. It's just one of those inconsistencies that really nag me for some reason. The only logic I can see is so that HS/SB can break up and then years later come back together as husband and wife proving that they were each other's destiny all along. Otherwise the only destiny is SB's destiny to suffer and HS' destiny to stay with his mother for life.

LOL... :lol: Destiny my foot!...Sorry, too harsh....What destiny? I will run as fast as i can if i were SB and not look back if MiOk take her to USA...She should not take back HS is he choses to be w/ his evil mother...

edit: sorry, not meant for you beamonkr, just letting my frustration out...

Hello from Korea all=)

Hope everyone is well, once again thank you for the kind wishes, and everyone enjoy your holidays with your family and friends!

Hello gothamknight, I'm glad that you got there safe...Hope you enjoy your holiday season too and enjoy authentic korean food...I really envy you...I hope I can go to S. Korean in the near future...

Guest Banana Peel
I just watched today's episode and MJ is just psycho. She keeps repeating, "Come back to me HS." and I think she probably will fake being sick even when she gets better to keep HS in her life. She leaves the hospital room to somehow initiate the proceedings for a divorce - I don't really know how that would work since isn't it up to the married couple? But then again the marriage license wasn't even submitted -___-;

In the preview for the next episode the doctor friend of CB says there was something odd about her test results? We'll see. Maybe once MiOK buys off most of the shares from Lohas, I'm sure something big will happen. I honestly do not know where this writer is going, and like most of you, I agree it should have ended at a 160 episodes. Ridiculous. I almost wish SB would leave with MiOk to study in the US for a while and then come back a sophisticated, educated young woman who will not take crap from anyone like MJ. I'm sure once MiOk gets a good amount of the shares she will hand them over to SB.

I agree, I also wish SB can just leave with MiOk to study aboard. :/

I really liked HS & SB's love scenes, but now, no more happiness.

I actually haven't been watching last several episodes and just been watching the previews :P

Until SOMETHING interesting happens.

Guest huangsy

This drama's nominees at the 2008 KBS Drama Awards to be held on 31 Dec 2008, thread at http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=263490

You are my destiny Gong Hyun-Joo (You Are My Destiny) Excellence Award - Daily Drama: Actress (우수 연기상 일일극 여자)

You are my destiny Kim Jung-Nan (You Are My Destiny) Excellence Award - Daily Drama: Actress (우수 연기상 일일극 여자)

You are my destiny Lee Hye-Sook (You Are My Destiny) Best Supporting Award: Actress (조연상 여자)

You are my destiny Lee Ji-Hoon (You Are My Destiny) Excellence Award - Daily Drama: Actor (우수 연기상 일일극 남자)

You are my destiny Lee Pil-Mo (You Are My Destiny) Excellence Award - Daily Drama: Actor (우수 연기상 일일극 남자)

You are my destiny Park Jae-Jung (You Are My Destiny) New Actor Award (신인상 남자)

You are my destiny Yoon-Ah (You Are My Destiny) New Actress Award (신인상 여자)

You are my destiny Yoon-Ah (You Are My Destiny) Popularity Award: Actress (인기상 여자)

Guest lantawmako
Hello from Korea all=)

I too am glad that you got there safe and count me in as ONE of the envious folks. If you get the chance, never mind slapping MJ for me, just slap those writers.

Thank god for this thread, it saves me from wasting my time watching the show. You know I only feel frustrated and disappointed with this drama, I also feel cheated. This is my first lone drama and I feel that I invested so much with it and what a waste.

MJ is not the only one sick in this drama. The writers are also sick. :fury:

Anyways thank you all. Even those who have quit watching the drama are still diligently uploading links and posting translations.

May the spirit of Christmas bless the minds of the writers to develop a pleasant, entertaining and wholesome plot/end to this drama.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

Guest ValleeDamour
Hello from Korea all=)

I just got in as it is Thursday morning here. Cold but sunny is how things look today. Funny thing is I tried clicking on the YOUKU link to watch ep. 161 and I should have realized it would be blocked here since the show is of course available to watch live on tv here. Old habits die hard! I really wanted to know how MJ's health was after the supposed car accident at the end of 160. Hopefully our buddy Ahoxan can post it on youtube soon if he hasn't already so I can watch before catching 162 live tonight here.

Unfortunately I will have a packed schedule for a little while getting settled in and all, but I will definitely chime in here and there to see how the thread is handling the latest directions of the show. If I feel frisky enough to contribute more, I will make it a nice surprise=)

Glad to know you made it there safe and sound. Please take good care of yourself. I wish I can go to Seoul too. First, I will find where MJ is and strangle her to bring her back to a real nice mother in law. Second, I will go shopping... He he he..

Guest SoompiSnoopi

I was wondering if anyone has a link to watch you are my destiny episode 131 RAW.

Dailymotion doesn't work for me. :( .

so yeah.

if anyone has it please PM me .

i've looked everywhere and i'm literallly going crazy .

I was wondering if anyone has a link to watch you are my destiny episode 131 RAW.

Dailymotion doesn't work for me. :( .

so yeah.

if anyone has it please PM me .

i've looked everywhere and i'm literallly going crazy .

http://www.veoh.com/channels/TLT-HQ [RAWs 114-current]

http://uk.youtube.com/user/iloveyamd [RAWs 075-current, with transcript translations on most of the episodes]

OK, my disgust meter just went up a little more and is rising. HS is slowly but surely losing points in my eyes. After all the crap that SB had to put up with from MJ, he's more concerned that SB may have done something to cause MJ to leave the hospital.

Same sentiments here abt HS. I feel hurt already jus reading what he said to SB. How could he even ask her abt what she has done to MJ? Hasn't it been obvious that MJ has always been ill-treating SB and causing trouble for her?

As if he hasn't noticed that his wife is getting paler n more tired after the marriage. Wonder how long YAMD is going on and how twisted the plot is going to be for HS and SB. Hope it's not going to be another break-up.

The writers have developed HS's character this far and showing his love for SB becoming stronger, even to the extent of him leaving home to search for SB previously. It makes no sense to portray him as siding for his mum MJ now, becoming distrustful of his dear wife and worse still, leading to a separation. That would be a real flaw in the development of the plot and his character! :crazy:

Just hope that when he discovers the marriage papers haven't been filed - he would be so infuriated with MJ that he leaves home to be with his wife. Pray that the plot wouldn't go the other way - ie he feels dejected that it's fated SB and him can't be husband and wife and by leaving SB would be good for her to end her sufferings...

Hello from Korea all=)

Gothamknight so glad you made it there safely. Have a good holiday season and I wish I was there with you. At least all you have is the cold, we're expecting a major snow storm here on the east coast and it's pretty dreary. Take care of yourself and don't forget to let us all know periodically how you're doing.

EDIT

LOL... Destiny my foot!...Sorry, too harsh....What destiny? I will run as fast as i can if i were SB and not look back if MiOk take her to USA...She should not take back HS is he choses to be w/ his evil mother...

edit: sorry, not meant for you beamonkr, just letting my frustration out...

dbart001 Don't worry I knew you weren't talking about me. Release all of your frustration. We can't afford to let this show cause us ulcers. I don't know who to slap first, MJ, SB or HS. It's amazing how this show brings out the violence in me. :lol: I may need a therapist after it's all over or else the writers could just help me save my mental health by ending it within the next two weeks :(

By the way, I can't believe so many of them have been nominated for awards-we must be missing something because the writrs have definitely not brought out the best in these actors.

Archived