[drama 2008] You Are My Destiny 너는 내 운명

Guest Soy

Translation for Preview for EP 142

[Credit to Philzeta]

Sy: Oh my. It's money.

Sb's mom: Please take it back.

Sb: Who are you to push my own mother?

Dg: Honey. Is that you?

Sbin's mom: I can't end my life like this.

Sbin: How can I let you go?

Hs's mom: Where did Sb go?

Yr: To her parents.

Hs's mom: Get here right now. For over 20 years you had no family upbringing. It is no wonder you have no manners.

Man: Should I mess her up?

Sy: I can't even go out because I am afraid I might see him.

Sy's mom: Don't let this ever reach your husband.

Woman: I bought those Sandals for Soojin

Sb's mom: Who are you?

Woman: I am Soojin's......

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluemoon1st

It didn't start that way. This drama was interesting and held a lot of promise in the beginning. (thats why were here) It went downhill and just when we thought it reached bottom and start to move up, something held it down. I tell you, someone lost the original script and they couldn't find the original writer. They eventually hired the writers for tele tubbies. (sp?)

Wonder whether the writers know what they are doing to the drama...

"writers from tele tubbies, what a comparison..."faint" :wacko:

Hmmmm...was it not "destiny" that brought Saybeuok (in need of a corneal transplant)..... and a number of other goings on, there appears, to me, to be no end of relevent ironies that make this title appropriate. :phew:

That being said...I too found Pure in Heart to be the best long series that I've yet seen. That, I place squarely in the lap of Miss "Yang Gukwha." :wub::rolleyes::P

hmmm... naah. I dont see the relevance. :blink:

GoodGod! Did anyone realize how much we are expected to believe?!! Defying all boundaries of probability :lol:

But I do see your point thought. Per your synopsis the title should rightfully read "YOU ALL" are my destiny :lol:

The title denotes a singular person. Thus, dissapointing all of us who sat with a bag of popcorn, bobbing our heads (of course from side to side.. up and down would be just totally retarded!) Happily in anticipation of a romance!

Boy o boy o boy... what a kick in the head :crazy:

(yes I am a hardcore PURE19 fan, I have made every one I know, watch it!! :D )

That being said...I too found Pure in Heart to be the best long series that I've yet seen. That, I place squarely in the lap of Miss "Yang Gukwha." :wub::rolleyes::P

I second that. as a matter of fact here in Philly they are showing Pure 19 again right after YMD

I second that. as a matter of fact here in Philly they are showing Pure 19 again right after YMD

Really?! Are you kidding me? Are you playing with our emotions?! :o

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! :w00t:

So how soon is YAMD ending? Anyone? Anyone?

ohhh......somebody poke my eyes out :blink:

Hello, you are in Philly. I lived in Philly for 10 years. I started watching k drama (my first one was Yellow Handkercheif)because of the channel that used to show kdrama late at night, forgot what channel it was.....

Guest bluemoon1st

hmmm... naah. I dont see the relevance. :blink:

GoodGod! Did anyone realize how much we are expected to believe?!! Defying all boundaries of probability :lol:

But I do see your point thought. Per your synopsis the title should rightfully read "YOU ALL" are my destiny :lol:

The title denotes a singular person. Thus, dissapointing all of us who sat with a bag of popcorn, bobbing our heads (of course from side to side.. up and down would be just totally retarded!) Happily in anticipation of a romance!

Boy o boy o boy... what a kick in the head :crazy:

(yes I am a hardcore PURE19 fan, I have made every one I know, watch it!! :D )

I have not watched PURE 19.....but i do agree with you that this drama has been rather disappointing...sad...when it started off rather well. <_<

If i am not wrong, YAMD will last till end of December, so start counting....A new drama takes over in January, thought i read something like that in the earlier posts. Ask Ahoxan, he has a fantastic memory, mine is fading...

Guest eelbakeeil

Hats off to the actors, inspite of being poorly cast (eg. SB/HS), nondeveloping roles, and very poorly written script which has no central storyline at all, they are trying! Not stellar Oscar worthy performances, but they are trying :excl:

Some observations:

The title "YAMD" has no relevence to the storyline, it could have been named 'you me and the doggone world' for all we care.. (As opposed to Pure19 where the storyline developed around the title and the central character, nah none of that here!)

There is also a stark absence of 'moral of the story' which K Dramas (that all of us have grown to love and adore) always portray (Ops! writers, forgot that one too) Untill unless the moral of the story is "clueless and stupid" (HS character being clueless and SB character just being plain stupid)

After 140 (of some intellectually challenging and painful to watch)episodes, it is still unsure what genre YAMD belongs to? Romance? Comedy? Family? Drama? Combination of all? It will be revealed in the last episode?

We have seen most of the older actors in other dramas and those of us who have, know their potential and can gauge what a waste all that talent is out here, given the lack of story telling.

And we miss the lack of portrayal of Korean Traditions/Culture, food (i started eating 'spicy Korean ramen and kimchi after Pure19!!Ha!), ceremonies (like the one held to honor your ancestors) and of course the holidays etc.. It was so interesting and educational to see it inacted in 'other' Dramas. :unsure:

All in all to put it mildly, a blunder :tears:

Enough said! Bring on the pelting and Egg throwing! :sweatingbullets:

(but deep down ya know its all true, eh? eh?) :blink:

I completely agree.

The twists and turns are idiotic with very poor quality follow through.

And Saebyuk has lost all of her self respect. The power of love between Hose and Saebyuk is very weak, and it's very difficult to watch Saebyuk take and take and take the mud-slinging from Hose's mom. We all know she will come around and finally accept Saebyuk, but is this all worth it? Saebyuk used to be smart, bright, and intelligent.............

Guest iheartkdrama

Maybe its just wishful thinking, but i still think saebyuk could be doyoung, although the writers have created way too many inconsistencies

Guest anomaka

Maybe its just wishful thinking, but i still think saebyuk could be doyoung, although the writers have created way too many inconsistencies

Wasn't Doyoung a boy?

Guest kawaiiyuki2

It didn't start that way. This drama was interesting and held a lot of promise in the beginning. (thats why were here) It went downhill and just when we thought it reached bottom and start to move up, something held it down. I tell you, someone lost the original script and they couldn't find the original writer. They eventually hired the writers for tele tubbies. (sp?)

I also think that's what happened. They totally lost the script and writer so they grabbed anyone they could find to finish off the story. But i'm still interested in seeing now they tie things up. It's after all really weird and everything seem really twisted so i'd like to see how they try bring it all together.

Totally one of my favorites out of all the daily drama i've seen. They shoulda used that writer for this drama.

Guest sweetheart0085

TRANSLATION FOR EPISODE 130 CONTINUED...

Translations [Credit to 46527eu4] EP 130

IN TY's room

SY: Really, don't know what to say anymore. I always think YR is somewhat different, how could she just ran away like that.

TY: looks like this is a pretty big blow on TP too, I don't know if he could ride over it.

(TP's phone rings) Yes, professor, you mean my brother's wedding. Yes, it was smooth. Really, (excited) is this true? Thankyou, thank you very much. Yes, I'll be there. Yes. SY, I passed. They approved my dissertation.

SY: Wonderful, this is wonderful. Really, really. I'm not dreaming.

TP: It would be bad news if this is a dream.

SY: It means that all you have to do now is find a job, right?

TY: Yes, just now, the professor wants to meet me for that reason, I 'll go there now.

SY: I'll go tell Dad and Mom.

TY: Wait, wait. Consider what they has just gone thru with TP, let's just wait until I come back and then we'll tell them, OK?

SY: Yea, that's good. OK, then you go.

SY's phone rings

SY: YH, yea, YH, Calling me all of a sudden? Is school alright?

YH: Mom, Mom, I want to see you, I miss you.

SY: My dear daughter, school exam is coming real soon, wait a little while, after the exam we can meet everyday. Now, you mean now? Sorry, not now, you see, something happened at your Grandma's house today........

DJ calls from outside: SY, would you please come out and make some porridge for your Mom.

SY: Yes, Dad. ......YH, I have to go now. We'll talk after you finish your exam. OK. goodbye.....I think she's a bit weak emotionally by herself.....

YR comes in CB & MJ house

YR: What have I done? KYR, U must be crazy, if U are not crazy, U wouldn't have.......

Voice coming from outside her room

MJ: KYR, where are U? U come out now.

YR: What am i going to do? Hold it, wait......

MJ comes in her room

MJ: Where did that KYR go?

BJ: She 's not in all the other rooms either.

MJ: That girl, wait until I get my hands on her, I will tear her in pieces.

CL: Our lovely niece has committed such chaos. Brother, you don’t' think someone could have kidnapped her.

CB: kidnap? What kidnap?

CL: Who knows, there may be some secret admirer or ex-lover created such chaos.

MJ: BIL

CB: Charles, don't talk rubbish...honey, let's go downstairs... we need to rest too...

They leave the room

YR: What am I going to do? I am a dead fish, I am going to be hanged.

Door bell. BJ: TP is here.

TP comes in

TP: Are there any news from YR?

CB: U see it all here, there are no news. Can U think of any place we may be able to find her?

TP: No, I don't know, really. Why does YR disappear? It is unbelievable.

CL: TP, U.. don't look very good, a bit pale. This is a big blow on you too. BJ, please go and see if U can prepare some tea that could calm his nerves.

MJ: U.., what have U done to my YR? What have U done that she fled like that?

CB: Honey, calm down.

MJ: I never like U from day one, U seduced my innocent daughter and got her pregnant, controlled her from behind and lured her to the steps of marriage. Who do U think U are? U messed up my daughter's life..

CB: Honey, don't get mad , don't blow everything on TP.

MJ: If YR hadn't met with this scrum, my YR would not have her life ruined. I'd spent countless hard years rising her, like precious jewel in the heart of my palm..........

CB: TP, I think you should go home.

CL: Yes, if we hear from YR, we'll let you know.

MJ: TP, if anything bad happened to my YR, I will never forgive you, understand?

Upstairs, in front of YR's room

YR: I am sorry TP Oppa, this is all because of me, because of me.

HS and SB rush to the display center and SB falls on the steps.

HS: Are you OK? Please get up......... I was just lending a hand to lift someone who felt down, please, that is all to is, no need to think there is anything to it, we are in laws already.

At the display sale floor

NKW: I have to take some time off from the hospital in order to come here, is this all the treatment I receive?

SUB: I am grateful that you could do that. Miss. Can I trouble you to bring some drinks for Mr. NKW.

NKW: You have neither called me nor answered my phone the last few days. MS. KSB, we'll talk later.

HS and SB rush in to the floor room

Team l: How come the two of you show up together?

SUB: You two are late. Here , these are the material for the sales, HS ,you in charge for the rest of the assignment schedules.

SB: I'm sorry

Male TL#2 : SB, can I tell you some good news. The products you designed are very popular.

Female TL:: Sale numbers and popularity are two separate issues. It is the sales that count.

MaleTl#1: So far, we have already 5 orders for SB's designed items.

Gather around the sales table

NKW: Have you seen this brochure yet, you look beautiful SB.

SB: You look handsome too.

Hotel check-in counter

Maletl#1: Reservation for Lohas Company please.

Clerk hands over keys and booklets.

Male tl#1: come, two of us will share one room. Here SUB. (Hands over key-booklet.) and here, HS will share with NKW.

SUB: Let's go in and fresh up, we will meet for dinner in an hour.

Male #2: Does it mean we could have 2 rounds tonight?

Female tl: yea, great, last time because of the fight we didn't finish the singing, maybe tonight...

Male #1: Go..Go.. let's go to our rooms.

Both SB and SUB comes into the room

SUB: Did the wedding go thru OK? Did you take any family photos?

SB: I have to leave early for this trip, so I couldn’t stay to take any pictures.

SUB: I see,, you use the business trip as an excuse to avoid seeing TP married so you don't have to feel the pain inside you. Isn’t it?

SB: what time do we start working tomorrow?

SUB: Whichever ways I used, trying to break you guys up, have done nothing to shake you apart. But when TP and YR surfaced out from nowhere, all of a sudden, lead the two of you to break up.

SB: Do me a favor, say no more of this please.

SUB: This is funny, isn’t it? We are all tangled up together, nobody knows, nobody can foresee into our destiny. Yet, you guys become in laws. Who would have guessed it, right? Life is really unpredictable.

At DG/YS' home

DG: Oh My, my how can it be? We've witnessed a runaway bride incidence. Something even more peculiar and strange, who would have guessed that scumbag is the brother of director Kang. It shows that rich spoiled con-man lives an irresponsible life style of dancing, speak of romantic and empty words. You see, that's just the way he is.

YS: Don't speak harsh words about my teacher.

DG: What, what kind of relationship you two have? Why are you speaking on his side?

He is only your dance teacher. Let me tell you , up to this point, if you only dance, eat and drink with him, I would understand. However, just in case, if you ever have any un-imaginable thoughts about him or want to do something incredible with him, drop it, don't let your child laughs at you..

YS: I'm going to divorce you for sure.

Inside YS's room YS looks at the airline ticket.

(Flash back) CL: Day after tomorrow, after the dance competition, we will leave for the airport. We'll take the night flight, pass over Singapore directly to Malie, Africa.

YS: what about my SUB? Yes, she is already 28 yrs old, she needs to be responsible for herself. OK! Leave, just leave. Wait, Africa? I need some summer clothing’s.

DG walks into the room: ya, ya, she is losing her head, getting her bag packed. what is the airline ticket going to? Malie, Africa. You, YS really. How does this scumbag Charles con my YR?

In YR's room

YR; Alright, I'm going to find a temple for a hideout first, then slowly I could think of some strategy, Life or death, I need to think of a plan. Crazy, how can I suddenly get hungry and want to eat.

MJ: I couldn't even lift my head up to face our friends and relatives, everybody knows this runaway bride incidence, How do they see Yr and our family? Maybe this is not a runaway incidence, it is a kidnapping crime. Remember those photos on the internet; it is possible YR is kidnapped. Do you think we should report this to the police?

CB: Don't make any haste. BJ saw her in a taxi, she ran away by herself. Just wait, it will be cleared when she comes back.

CL knocks and comes in the room.

CL: SIL, at a time like this, it is best to have some red wine and rest.

MJ: BIL, I have my eyes wide-opened, totally awake, you are asking me to drink wine and sleep. My daughter ran away, you get out of my way.

CL: So harsh, so harsh! That is why all your children rebel against you. Let me see now, I told YS that the investment issue is solved, what should I do next? (Phone rings)

Hello, this is CL. Who are you? How do you know my number? You are crazy, how can you come here.

YR walks in to the kitchen with her luggage

BJ: you girl, where did you go? YR , YR. Madam, YR is here. She is right here.

YR: Quiet, quiet please quiet.

MJ: I heard YR is found, right, Yr is here.

MJ runs out to the living room

MJ: KYR.

YR: Mom, Dad., I am sorry, I was wrong, I deserve to die, I must have been crazy. Dad please I was wrong.

CB: You speak, tell me what is going on? what happened?

MJ: Are you going to tell us why you ran away from the wedding?

YR: Mom, actually, actually, I was afraid, real scare.

CB: what?

YR: Getting married all of sudden makes me scare, becoming a married woman makes me scare, TP becoming my husband makes me scare, TP's family becoming to be my family makes me scare. How in the world I got myself into this situation, I am really scare.

MJ: This doesn't make any sense at all.. You think all these make sense… You fool.

To Be Cont. hopefully be the end of today^^

Guest misscristinej0y

Thank you sweetheart0085, ahoxan, aseo, pckor7!!!

I can't wait 'till MJ and YR get theirs. Their reaction will make up for all the times the writers didn't do very well in certain episodes.

Guest iheartkdrama

Wasn't Doyoung a boy?

all we know was that doyoung was the youngest of the siblings, taeyoung, nayoung and taepoong

there was no reference to whether doyoung was a boy/girl.

Enough said! Bring on the pelting and Egg throwing! :sweatingbullets:

(but deep down ya know its all true, eh? eh?) :blink:

I love how people think that the people who frequent this thread will bash you guys. It's just an opinion, we aren't going to hammer you for it. If you have something critical to say, then by all means, do. I just don't like people who bash and argue pathetically.

I love how people think that the people who frequent this thread will bash you guys. It's just an opinion, we aren't going to hammer you for it. If you have something critical to say, then by all means, do. I just don't like people who bash and argue pathetically.

gee.. what a relief! Allthough, sweetheart, it was intended to be funny. oh well!

I suppose the "getting into bed without having a shower" episode has us all on tender hooks!

Some ppl just dont get, its an opnion, its not personal and not intended to be offensive but just casual chit-chat among a bunch of nice ppl who happen to enjoy watching k-drama's :blush:

Live and Let Live folks :D

If only the main characters, SB & HS, were portrayed convincingly, we will be hearing less complaints. Added to the poorly written script is the awkward acting & amateurish handling of the roles of the leads. It's not late though to put more life into the new chapter of SB's life as a devoted wife & a determined DIL. She has to be more daring & needs to shed some of her inhibitions. She can't be that stiff & unresponsive now that she is portraying the role of a wife. I also will not forgive the writers if HS will play the unsuspecting husband leaving his wife to a demanding & hard-to-please MIL. MJ was cold & distant when they came back especially to SB who was uncomfortable & nervous in her presence.

I wonder if Bokju was fired because I didn't see her anywhere in the Kang's house ... and in the preview SB was doing the chores.

Guest lantawmako

If only the main characters, SB & HS, were portrayed convincingly, we will be hearing less complaints. Added to the poorly written script is the awkward acting & amateurish handling of the roles of the leads. It's not late though to put more life into the new chapter of SB's life as a devoted wife & a determined DIL. She has to be more daring & needs to shed some of her inhibitions. She can't be that stiff & unresponsive now that she is portraying the role of a wife. I also will not forgive the writers if HS will play the unsuspecting husband leaving his wife to a demanding & hard-to-please MIL. MJ was cold & distant when they came back especially to SB who was uncomfortable & nervous in her presence.

I wonder if Bokju was fired because I didn't see her anywhere in the Kang's house ... and in the preview SB was doing the chores.

I think BJ was fired. She was carrying a luggage when she stopped by to see SB. I didn't understand the conversation but it looked like MJ let her go. I think she was even trying to pay off her debts with SB but SB didn't accept the money. MJ has a new maid. Her name is Sabyeuk (sp)

Archived