[drama 2006] Fireworks 불꽃놀이

Guest xosandy

I'm on episode 16 and I find this series enjoyable. It's not mindblowing or anything but definitely interesting. The only issues I have with it is that the Mirae/In Jae is relationship is going on for far too long and it's really taking him a long time to decide how he really feels about Na Ra. Oh, the other thing is that Seung Woo is just too unattractive for me... :D

I read some of the bad reviews before I started watching it and was a little discouraged. But I must that I was pleasantly surprised. :)

I don't find the ending rushed per se... I think they just didn't balance it properly. They've spent far too long on the Mi Rae/In Jae relationship so there's not that much time for Na Ra/In Jae. They could just have done us a favor and killed it in like episode 13 or at least made it clear he was strictly in the relationship out of obligation. And we needed to see more inner turmoil when it came to Na Ra. But regardless, I still find/found it enjoyable.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:) Hi

I have finished this drama weeks ago, the storyline is so-so i managed to finish this drama becos' of Kang Ji Hwan ssi; his acting skill is good. I have finished Be Strong Geum Soon as well, Ji Hwan ssi was good in there too; i prefer him working with Han Hye Jin ssi.

BTW, could someone down the OST of Fireworks esp. track no. 3 which was sang by Ji Hwan ssi? I would like to dl it to my iPod. :P

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Guest lo_xl0ucH

the second half of this drama gets boring (like a lot of dramas that lose their direction). Oh well, it was a good watch

Guest Madrasta

I am on episode 9 and so far I like the development of the plot. It isn't predictable. Chaen Young as Nara is very good in here. Her character is pitiful but you won't feel sorry for her because she knows when to fight and when to give up. I just hope that she does something about her posture. I have already observed that during the Only You series. She is very fortunate because most of her leading men are good looking, so I hope she does (aside from surgery) something to improve her personality as a whole.

Kang Ji Wan is no doubt a good looking actor. I love the scene where they (withCY) were dancing in the disco pub and suddenly they kissed, they look so good together. Well, at the start it was already established that he loved the other girl. I like that. And, I want to see the turning point where he will slowly but surely fall for Nara. I just hope I won't get disappointed.

Park Eun Hye is pretty and a good actress. I like her in Jang Geum. But, I notice that she's a little heavy here. Yoon Sang Hyun on the other hand, is good, but I like him better in To Marry A Millionnaire

Guest renni72

I was really enjoying the drama in the beginning till the middle....but I thought they did not develop the romance between Han Chae Young and Kang Ji Hwan...and the ending was rushed....and I think there was a bit too much of the 2nd female lead, Park Eun Hye.

Madrasta, I agree with you that Park Eun Hye does look a bit too heavy in this drama. I remember her as petite but she did not look so in Firework. And the short hair made her look so mature...

Guest Madrasta

I just finished this series yesterday and I can say that I wasn't disappointed. The ending is just fine for me. Just like they said that their memories shall start from the place where they first met.

I am happy about the development of the storyline from episodes 10 up to ending. The four performers were at their best during these episodes. Oh I just love the turning point wherein In Jae has slowly but surely falling for Nara, but can't give up on Mirae because of guilt for his brother's death and to compensate the difficulties Mirae had gone through. Mirae who is always gentle and adorable in front of In Jae but scary and selfish when she is with with Seuong Woo (?) and Nara, was very convincingly portrayed by Park Eun Hye. Well, I guess she looks slimmer during the last few episodes and looks very lovely.

Chaen Yong and Kang Ji Wan have good chemistry. Chaen Young, I guess is at her best here. Her confrontation scene with Mi Rae before the engagement was great. She did that to save In Jae from Mi Rae's lie saying that the child she is bearing is In Jae's, instead of the other guy, just to keep hold on him.

I am sharing this short review, because I have learned my lesson not to rely much on comments. I've almost given up watching this series because of what I've read. I am glad I did decided to give it a chance. It's definitely one of my fave k-series.

I too almost gave up watching this series because when I was watching it live I became somewhat dissappointed about the storyline. But once the series was fully subtitled I enjoyed it very much! The sub does make a difference. Thank you S2 for another wonderful complete series

Guest Madrasta

I too almost gave up watching this series because when I was watching it live I became somewhat dissappointed about the storyline. But once the series was fully subtitled I enjoyed it very much! The sub does make a difference. Thank you S2 for another wonderful complete series

Yes, the subbers did a wonderful job here. They have captured the most significant lines during the confrontational scenes which made it more captivating and interesting to watch. Thank you soooooooooooooo much!

Guest asianromance

thanks to uploaders and subbers!!

The drama IS pretty interesting and capitivating. The acting is commendable (though HCY could have taken a few how-to-cry-credibly classes). Kang Ji Hwan's acting definitely blew me away! I didn't like his talking voice at first and didn't think much of him. But then I grew to like him. When he was talking with Nara and saying how they would be acquaintances- his mouth and jaw had a tremble to it!

I've spent the past 4 days watching it and haven't got much sleep. But i don't think this is a series I will watch again in its entirety. I will probably rewatch only the first 5 or 6 episodes. The plot is too messy and the characters are too out-of-character sometimes. I had admired the scriptwriter for taking on the challenge of making the main character act a bit like the "other woman" in kdramas- risking having the audience hate her- but then the script ended up taking such a "safe", predictable route by making NaRa a good person (who is not hellbent on revenge) and MiRae completely evil- where is the challenge in that?!

It would have been wonderful if MiRae was an annoyingly good person and have NaRa struggle with her feelings of revenge and have InJae reform her into a happier and more successful person.

Guest XSE7ENSL0VE

I finished this drama just because i started it,

but it was disappointingg. The storyline.. the whole tim i was just like 'wtheck'...

haha what ever. i liked the characters

Guest haneul_norae

woah!!! another han chae young drama... couldnt get enough of her in choonhyang...

glad that this is another romantic comedy...

hmmm... wondering if the guy in the ost picture (next to chae young) the guy from Jang Su Hee's drama Mermaid??

Guest guccigal

Just finished watching this by skipping a LOT of episodes. HCY doesn't know how to act..KJH is a cutie.

The ending SUCKS, corny!! If its not for KJH, I'd totally skip this series. First few episodes were good though

Thanks to the subbers for their hard work too!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest lollicup

Can somebody reupload the links to the ost? I recently started watching this series and I am loooooving the music in it! Thanks in advance! :P

Chaen Yong and Kang Ji Wan have good chemistry. Chaen Young, I guess is at her best here. Her confrontation scene with Mi Rae before the engagement was great. She did that to save In Jae from Mi Rae's lie saying that the child she is bearing is In Jae's, instead of the other guy, just to keep hold on him.

Sound interesting...In Jae and Mi Rae r together :angry: ?? arrgg....poor Nara.. muz be very sad :) ... getting hurt again by Mi Rae .....I'm only at epi 6... guess i'm too slow :wacko: ..

I've juz finished epi 14 .

When In Jae and Mi Rae started dating, I find those episodes a bit draggy & boring. Arggg.. seem like there are a lot of scenes on them.

Still prefer to watch when In Jae and Na Ra being together, they r cute.

Guest cherylty

I agree with yuru... I kept on watching because of Kang Ji Hwan--> really good acting. I was totally smitten for him and felt so sorry for him when HCY and him had that talk on the staircase about how they needed to be just acquaintances and his lips were trembling.... (end of Ep14, beginning Ep15 ) :blush: <sigh>

I did a whole Fireworks marathon just for him and for no one else. HCY was alright. I just hated Mi Rae's character (meant to be hated, of course). Had no patience nor sympathy for her and Seun Woo (forgot his name) and wished that they didn't have so much screen time.

:) Hi

I have finished this drama weeks ago, the storyline is so-so i managed to finish this drama becos' of Kang Ji Hwan ssi; his acting skill is good. I have finished Be Strong Geum Soon as well, Ji Hwan ssi was good in there too; i prefer him working with Han Hye Jin ssi.

Guest Cua Lee

wowww a thread fo this drama too hehe i'm like watching it right now, i'm like onli just on disc 4. but imma loven it too, it's good. Hna chae Young is very pretty i love her eyes.

i'll come back to comment more on how much i like or dislike the movie after i finish watching it hehehe

• 4 weeks later...
Guest danwannabbad

Hi was wondering is there any subs made compatble with the low quality version of this show? The subs i found would only go with the 700 mb version. I'm downloading the eps that are only 150 mb or 320 mb. Can sombody direct me to where i can get subs that would go with this?

Archived