Nintendo Wii: The Next Generation Nintendo Console

Guest 1SwtDeception

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yukumushio

AAHHH I wanna get it SOO bad!! But it's sold out!!! I saw a good deal for it for 39.99 though, 10 bucks cheapter!!

EDIT: guys, anyone plannin to get their WII modded??

Guest CK92842

Looks like everyone's having fun with Mario Galaxy, my copy should be here Monday or Tuesday but has anyone tried out Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles?

Was wondering if that's worth picking up.

Guest koushiirou

i have some difficulties with my wii...whenever i turn on the wii the sensor doesnt sense the remote n when i press A the lights on the remote starts to flash and i cant see the mouse/hand on my t.v?//

is there something rong with the remote or with the sensor?

Guest yukumushio

Koushiirou: Try reconnecting your wii-mote to your Wii

Guess what guys, Mario Galaxy is officially the highest ranked game of all time, beating Ocarina of Time on gamerankings.com, check it out!!!

Guest CK92842

i have some difficulties with my wii...whenever i turn on the wii the sensor doesnt sense the remote n when i press A the lights on the remote starts to flash and i cant see the mouse/hand on my t.v?//

That usually happens when your batteries are dead. Try a fresh batch and see if that helps and if not re-sync the wii remote.

Guest Malice_Kaiser

People are really having this much trouble finding Mario Galaxy? The Targets around here have like a million copies.

Too bad I have no money. XD;

I played with my friend though and it was so much fun!~ Like an infinitely better version of Mario Sunshine.

Guest Krn_Track_Star

how man remotes do u have n to connect to the wii have u to connect with the main connector or like the person above said u might have to replace the battery

replace the battery or open the battery cover, press the red button and then open the SD cover and press the red button to let them "meet" once more lol..

Guest yukumushio

Man, Galaxy is hard to get!!! or...I'm just too lazy to get it lol, but for sure, for every wii owner MUST get this game!!!! I honestly didn't think much of Super Mario Galaxy until just a bit ago. I never even thiought of buying it, but now...it seems so awesome! AND I WANT TO SOOO BAD!!! BUY IT NOW!

awww the Wii. I played it at my friends place. We even did DDR. So weird. My friend kept hitting this weird poses since you have to sync your arms at a point. I don't see the problem with it. People complain about moving but if you see them play just normally with a controller and sitting down they like to tilt around and move with the controller. So I don't see a problem.

Guest epark1281

just picked up a wii this past thursday. Games that i just purchased with it, Madden 07 (used), Resident Evil 4, Mario Galaxy, and Wii-Play. Wii-Play was basically for a second wii-mote. But this game console is pretty good and the gameplay never gets old. The only negative is that i end up looking like a tard when i play madden (i.e. swiping at a pass on defense). This'll take some getting used to. (BTW, if you have a rewards card from Best Buy, chances are you've gotten a 10%-12% off coupon from BB, you can use that to get 5 bucks offa galaxy. It's not a ton of money, but still better than nothing).

*btw, is it worth getting component video cables? Does it make a difference?

Guest RS Trax

First off, let us celebrate Wii's first birthday!

445686416_412e9f5cc4.jpg

A year ago today, the Nintendo Wii was unleashed to fans across the United States. What started as an uphill battle has turned into a landslide victory. The Wii has sold over 13.8 million units to date, making it the fastest selling console in history, and shows no signs of slowing.

I remember when I was waiting in line for one during initial launch. At 6:15 AM in the morning I call up my best bud, and we went off to BestBuy. We could see there was already a line. I even remember my number in line: 74! I was told there were 100 Wiis in stock so my chances were good of course. Pop out my DS Lite to keep busy. Friend buys me breakfast from McDonald's. Store opens at 8 AM and it's go time. Anticipation as we proceed closer to our goal in an orderly fashion. Look at all the available accessories, grabbed me a Zelda game, RedSteel and onto the checkout where they handed me a blue and white #74 Wii box. Yes, yes, swipes card, sign, held up my bag with pride, out the door and raced down the sidewalk to the lot. I could tell the guy I ran pass by was laughing, but hey! I don't wanna get shot or knifed, haha. Took me 5 hours until I finally got to play, mostly just troubleshooting the wireless internet. But once I got that over with, it was bliss from then on. Popped in Wii Sports and it was FRESH~! The sounds and design interface was superb quality. Too bad, I don't have pictures of that first day. Maybe I'll reenact it when I buy a second one some day.

Ok, now on to today's new releases of classic games on the Wii Shop's Virtual Console.

wc3.png

Wrecking Crew

NES

1-2 players

rated E for Everyone

500 Wii Points

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrecking_Crew_%28video_game%29

info0.gif

Sonic 3D Blast

Sega Genesis

1 player

rated E for Everyone

800 Wii Points

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_3d_blast

1.jpg

Super Air Zonk

TurboGrafx16 CD-ROM

1 player

rated E for Everyone – Mild Cartoon Violence

800 Wii Points

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Air_Zonk

---------------

List of last weeks Wii releases:

11/12 - Super Mario Galaxy

11/12 - Cruis'n

11/13 - Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2008

11/13 - Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary

11/13 - Medal of Honor Heroes 2

11/13 - Need for Speed ProStreet

11/13 - Petz: Catz 2

11/13 - Petz: Dogz 2

11/13 - Petz: Horsez 2

11/13 - Rayman Raving Rabbids 2

11/13 - Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles

11/13 - Smarty Pants

11/13 - WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2008

This week's Wii releases:

11/19 - Wii Zapper w/ Link's Crossbow Training 19.99~24.99

11/19 - Cars: Mater-National 24.99

11/20 - Ghost Squad 29.99

11/20 - Soul Calibur: Legends 49.99

11/20 - Star Trek: Conquest 29.99

11/20 - Trauma Center: New Blood 49.99

11/20 - History Channel: Battle For the Pacific 39.99

11/20 - Monster Jam 49.99

11/20 - Geometry Wars: Galaxies 39.99

11/20 - Off Road Extreme Special Edition 29.99

11/20 - Mini Desktop Racing 29.99

11/20 - AMF Bowling Pinbusters 19.99

Last week's notable Nintendo DS releases:

11/13 - Contra 4 29.99

11/13 - Cooking Mama 2: Dinner With Friends 29.99

11/13 - Need for Speed: ProStreet 29.99

11/13 - Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 29.99

11/13 - Spectrobes Collector's Edition 29.99

11/13 - Jenga 29.95

This week's DS releases

11/19 - Mario Party DS 29.99

11/20 - Godzilla Unleashed 29.95

11/21 - Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings 39.99

11/26 - Master of Illusion 29.99

---------------

This current week's theme on the Check Mii Out Channel's contest is to create a Mii that resembles a Pilgrim from the 17th century or relates to Thanksgiving.

---------------

802783b.jpg

The Wii Zapper is a gun shell peripheral for the Wii Remote. The name is a reference to the NES Zapper light gun for the Nintendo Entertainment System. According to an interview with Shigeru Miyamoto, the idea of a Zapper-type expansion formed when the Wii Remote was first created. He stated that "What we found is that the reason we wanted to have a Zapper is when you hold a Wii Remote, it can be difficult for some people to keep a steady hand. And holding your arm out like that can get your arm somewhat tired. The peripheral is compatible with third-party titles such as Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, Ghost Squad and Medal of Honor: Heroes 2.

Release dates:

Japan - Out now! October 25, 2007 (bundled with Ghost Squad)

North America - Out now! November 19, 2007 (bundled with Link's Crossbow Training)

Europe - December 7, 2007 (bundled with Link's Crossbow Training)

Australia - December 13, 2007 (bundled with Link's Crossbow Training)

Here's a video footage of Link's Crossbow Training

YouTube:

and photos @

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/20667215@N07/

---------------

Super Mario Galaxy Amsterdam Launch picture:

image005.jpg

Source

---------------

Bulent (from WiiWii) interviews Charles Martinet, voice of Mario.

YouTube:

---------------

Super Mario Galaxy currently the greatest game of all time according to Game Rankings, knocking The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time off the #1 spot.

Source

---------------

Recent announcements of upcoming titles include Namco Bandai's RPG "Fragile", Red Fly Studios' "Ghostbusters", Brash Entertainment's "Jumper", South Peak's "Dream Pinbal", Atari's "Alone In The Dark 5", Traveller's Tales' "LEGO Batman: The Video Game", Red Dawn's Wii edition porting of "Okami", and SEGA's "The House of the Dead 2 & 3".

---------------

Smash Bros. DOJO!! updates with Taunts with assigned short messages, Handicap option in the Rules screen, Meta Knight's theme "Revenge", Meta Knight's special moves.

Ice Climber' Final Smash: Iceberg

iceclimbers_071119c.jpg

and Spectator mode where you can bet coins and see who will win a match.

wi-fi02_071116c.jpg

It'll be an option within the Wi-Fi settings.

www.smashbros.com

---------------

Catch up on previous Wii News & Updates at my Xanga blog.

See you all next week! \:D/

// Roth

Guest MUGETSU

CHECK THIS OUT!

If you're looking to buy a DS Lite, PSP, Wii, PS3, 360, etc ANYTHING ....

KMart has a 20% off coupon for any one item!!!

Ends WEDNESDAY... NOV 21st

http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kmartaz9.jpg

I'm pretty sure most places won't have as good a deal as this for the new PSP Slims that just came out or for DS Lites since they sell well at full price anyway on Black Friday!!!

IT WORKS...I've seen it on other forums.

Works on anything! Even TVs! hahaha

Guest yukumushio

oh yea, although much appreciated, would this be considered advertising? If I find some good deals...could I post them up for people as well?

Archived