Quantcast
Guest Nat1980

Last Movie You Saw?

Dilan 1990.. Indonesian movie and I regret every rupiahs I paid for the ticket.. lols

it is too hypocrite.. just because my friend was want to watch it *sighhhhh

Oceans - enjoyable film, nicely made but not stretching the genre or the cast anything like enough. The director/scriptwriter played it very safe and even the story didn't have an element of risk for the characters or conflict. Ok Friday night filler glad I didn't go to the cinema for it.

Venom - mixed feelings about this - I did enjoy it, it was funny and entertaining but the story and execution really were poor 
6.5/10

American Animals

Interesting one. Attempts to blend a documentary style series of interviews with something more traditionally filmic. Sounds intriguing on paper but this unique storytelling technique is never really utilised to it's full extent in the film and what your left with is just something slightly above average. I can also appreciate that Barry Keoghan is quite a niche actor, but man I just can't stand him. 

Us (2019) - 5/10

A more intelligently made slasher movie, although the big reveal doesn’t make a bit of sense. 
It’s quite artistic in presentation and the acting’s good, but there’s never any sense of fear or horror, and it’s very slow in the beginning in setting the scene. It kept my interest, but the story just wasn’t that good.

Legacy of a Whitetail Deer Hunter
Could have been pretty great, fun premise and cast, but a bit light on both pathos and humour. 

Also, John Wick 2.
It's been a while since I saw the first one, so can't remember how this compares, but enjoyed it a lot. Eagerly await the 3rd one hitting streaming.

I guess it was "Candy" about drug addiction and how it ruined the life of the main characters. It is so depressing and dramatic and reminded me of my relationships a couple of years ago when everything my boyfriend and I were doing together was getting high. I remember how I got shocked when realizing the way I lived, how many articles I read on Addiction Resource, how many meets I had with my psychologist. I'd recommend this movie so that everyone never makes the same mistake.