Do You Ever Feel Really Ugly Just Because Of Your Clothes?

Guest luzCONTROL_7

Guest luzCONTROL_7

If your family can afford to give you $60 a month, that means your family is not poor.

I get $50 a month and my family isn't poor at all.

You'll learn how to save up if there's really something that you want.

I don't feel ugly because of my clothes unless I'm in big sweats and my hair is tied up and I look like pure crap.

Poor compared to other people. But yeah, i actually take that back. I always regret saying my family is poor after awhile. I think I like to say that I'm poor, which is stupid. We're not poor, but we're not "normal" either. Just because you get $50 and you're family isn't poor at all, while I get $60 doesn't really prove that my family has money. Maybe you have a bigger house, maybe your parents like to buy more things for themselves than for their kids, or maybe they save money for the future. I wouldn't know. Most people I know get $145 from their parents. @_@

But because of a wierd situation I won't get money for 5 years. =_= Hopefully they'll let me get a job now.

I think my 'feeling ugly' is also because I'm very bored and I think way too much.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rainie_Days

:mellow: I don't feel ugly because of my clothes, I feel ugly because of how I look in them.

* One of my I-feel-fat days, don't mind me ...

Exactly what I wanted to say.

There's clothes I look at and love, but when I wear them, wow, what a nightmare, LOL.

Yes, because I know the way you dress (and also the way you hold yourself) adds a LOT to the attractiveness of a person. Sometimes, I choose an outfit ........ and I feel like poopoo in it. Other days, I think to myself, "Hey, this brings out ___, so I look better than I normally do."

muchlove!

-jisoo

Guest tokyochicdoll

there was a time in fourth grade when i was forced to wear ugly jeans. T^T

i mean come on.. my mom bought my clothes then! and it was sad ;_: everyone wore those coool bootcut jeans.. and i had these weirdo ones.. ><

High school is like it's own little ignorant bubble. Everyone else *seems* to take fashion quite seriously, but you'll find in the "real world" (college and beyond) it's completely different. No one REALLY notices... and if you think about it, it's really only four years. I was kinda self-conscious about my fashion in high school, but I didn't like spending a lot of money on clothes. I preferred to save up my money (just for a rainy day or maybe something big and expensive that I might want to buy).

But yeah, I dressed really badly in high school. I definitely went through my awkward stage there (at least looks-wise) for those few years. Now that I'm more... I guess familiar? with my figure and what I "can" and "can't" wear (ie: what looks good on me or not) I dress a lot better and I'm a bit more open-minded about spending my money on clothes. Before I used to just wear whatever my mom would buy me; now i'm slightly more picky. Still a cheap shopper, but I have found those big discount stores that can give you a great bargain for some really nice clothes!

Now though, yeah, sometimes I do feel pretty dumpy because of the clothes I'm wearing but... eh. No one else really seems to care.!

that's so me!! lol

I do agree wearing bad looking clothes makes me feel ugly...I wore bad looking clothes from like elementary through HS lol

now that I can buy my own..I feel so much better about myself..

Guest xmissingyoutoday

Yup. I absolutely hate wearing clothes that aren't trendy or cute...

I'd rather stay inside the house.

Even when I buy cute clothes, I get tired of them after like two weeks and I don't think they're cute anymore,

so I go to buy more. I know it's not a healthy attitude, I'm working on it. -_-;

Guest --infatuated.

i get "sick" of my clothes easily. so when i pair it up with something, the outfit i chose didn't look "as nice" but i'm always up for experimenting so it might look good then when i get to school, it doesn't -- which makes me feel ugly. like, wth was i thinking when i wore this? and i hate dressing down on a day everyone dresses up. *cough, FRIDAYS. hahaha.

Archived