Do You Ever Feel Really Ugly Just Because Of Your Clothes?

Guest luzCONTROL_7

Guest luzCONTROL_7

Do you ever feel really ugly just because of your clothes?

You know you are pretty but you feel ugly?

How important do you think money is?

When it comes to how I look, I've got an big ego.

But I absolutely HATE the way I dress. :tears: :fury:

I just suck at saving money.

I kinda prefer buying CDs over clothes........ :sweatingbullets:

edited

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xx_`alicee

no, not really.

i just wear what the rest of the school wears.

not like you have to stand out or something, right? =)

school is for learning, & not for showing off your money, lol.

Guest xkrn4lyfx

it's not really all that hard to study while having a part time job o_O if you only get 60 a month, w/ a part time job u can make multiples of that easily. just don't do extra hours and u'll be fine. if not that try tutoring kids, parents pay lots of money for really easy work

Guest joolee.

I only feel that way when I think the clothes look funny on me, hahaha. But as for your situation... just go buy something casual. *Shrugs* Not like you really have to show off or anything.

Guest Honey_Babee

mm only clothes that dont hug my body, because i have big boobs, if i wear shirts that are loose around the waist, i pretty much look huge><

and i dont like that.

Guest chocopi

I agree that sometimes what you wear makes you feel ugly.

But I think you have to realize that while you're in highschool, things like fashion and the latest cell phones and all those things may seem important, but they're really not. I felt the exact same way in HS and sometimes feel that way even now in Uni.

Think of it this way. Instead of working to buy clothes, try saving the money and seeing if the clothes are worth buying. $100 for a pair of shoes may seem like a good price to pay if it's your parents money. But when you're holding that money in your hand, you start thinking about whether or not it's worth buying. And chances are, you'll think it's not worth it.

& not all the people that dress all fancy are rich either. :P

So don't worry about fashion and such nonsense now. There are more important things in life.

Cheer up! Feeling ugly is the one of the worst feelings there are. Know that you're beautiful and you don't need clothes to prove it. :)

hmrm.. it's not the feeling of "i feel ugly" its more like.. i feel icky in clothes o__o i don't know how to explain it.. its like, i'm clothing phobia or something.. i can't stand certain types of clothing i wear.. for instance, if its too. showy ? even just a little, i just feel like puking

i feel ugly caus i dont wear the trend they have in school. But i have face facts, i dont have the money they have and every one have their own style. i cant do anything about that if i dont have money that comes to you. They buy like brand clothes, and its EXPENCIVE!

Guest forgottenmemories

Uh, at least you get an allowance from your parents. I don't. Lol. But to answer you question, yes I do feel ugly sometimes because of the clothes I'm wearing.

But than again, I'm not in high school anymore so I could careless. =D

High school is like it's own little ignorant bubble. Everyone else *seems* to take fashion quite seriously, but you'll find in the "real world" (college and beyond) it's completely different. No one REALLY notices... and if you think about it, it's really only four years. I was kinda self-conscious about my fashion in high school, but I didn't like spending a lot of money on clothes. I preferred to save up my money (just for a rainy day or maybe something big and expensive that I might want to buy).

But yeah, I dressed really badly in high school. I definitely went through my awkward stage there (at least looks-wise) for those few years. Now that I'm more... I guess familiar? with my figure and what I "can" and "can't" wear (ie: what looks good on me or not) I dress a lot better and I'm a bit more open-minded about spending my money on clothes. Before I used to just wear whatever my mom would buy me; now i'm slightly more picky. Still a cheap shopper, but I have found those big discount stores that can give you a great bargain for some really nice clothes!

Now though, yeah, sometimes I do feel pretty dumpy because of the clothes I'm wearing but... eh. No one else really seems to care.!

Guest itrayya

i think... you can wear anything and still look pretty.

i use to think that way too.

until i got to college.

i mean... people wear different things.

and personality last longer than clothing. trust me.

and at least you get allowance. i have to still ask.

and im in college!!!!! :blush:

dont worry too much.

because people will remember your smile more

than they will what you wear years later.

think positive.

the first one to see that you're ugly

is yourself, and if you see that, people will see that too.

happy thoughts.

Guest popolala

yeah, i do feel ugly because of my clothes.. my clothes is the one that style me.. im not really pretty.. with money, i can get alot of clothes etc .. but its not something i always think about .. i just know that some clothes suits me, some dont... but if ur pretty, u look pretty wearing anything!

Guest ling_ling

depends

cos when i see my sis whose more fashionable it makes me feel like urgh i look bad but i think then i have a completely diff style and bodyshape to her so then im like ok i do look good so shut up lol

jus buy clothes tht suit ur body and tell urself u look good

its a good confident booster

and if u say u have a big ego u wud think u looked the shizznit in nethng seriosly

Guest luzCONTROL_7

thanks for answering everyone~~~ :D

it's nice to read what people think.

it made me feel much better~

and thank you for the nice encouraging words

sry my english spelling skills suck)

i don't care that much about what people think about my clothes. (ofcourse i do care, but not that much)

i want to wear clothes i like, clothes that makes me feel better and more confident and pretty, cool and cute.

i like what everyone else wears right now, but i want to look a bit 'unique' too.

if someone doesn't like what i'm wearing but i like it, i'm like "f.u :)" and then don't care anymore...

i think i also need to realize that my clothes arn't THAT bad even if i really don't like them......

Thanks alot again <3!

Guest prelude

Yes, sometimes. I personally don't think I look too bad, but my mom will ONLY buy things from the clearance section, and often, the clothes there aren't very attractive. Jackets must be under $20, tops must be under $10. And accessories must be bought with my own money. (The money I get from Chinese New Year? Not a lot. I don't get allowance.)

Sometimes I get jealous of the people at school who have tons of clothes, and whose parents allow them to buy clothes at their original price. But in the end, it's really the person underneath the clothes that other people care about. If people only care about the way you look, or the clothes you wear, they're not in their right mind.

Just remember, no matter how you look, it's the inside that counts! Natural beauty > Materialism

Guest hahaxlooooser

my personal fashion motto is that you dont need to buy something with a hefty price tag to be/feel fashionable or cute. i always hit the sales rack when i go to stores, like today since summer is ending they had a sale on flats. flats that were normally $20//$30, and i got them for $3. i was like :w00t: i dont have that big of an allowance but i always manage to have cute clothes which ppl compliment and ask where i got. plus, i dont feel good when i buy something expensive b/c its not worth it. the excitement'll wear off. i used to spend money on clothes w/o thinking, but i learned to get more for less.

Guest yootrix

wow.. at least you get money, I have to earn everything on my own 0_0 and yes, I feel ugly if i wear clothes that don't fit me/look terrible on me

Guest _ATELIER

hhaha yeah sometimes an outfit can change a persons appearance (duh!) xD but i go the other way around sometimes... whenever i feel ugly, i don't feel like sporting pretty clothes =/

Archived