Bae Doo Na 배두나

melusine

May 20, 2014
'A Girl At My Door' rocks Cannes 2014
By Ko Dong-hwan The Korea Times
PEP20140520031201034_P2-450.jpg
"A Girl at My Door,'' a coming-age-film by July Jung, has garnered rapturous applause at the Cannes Film Festival in France.
Slotted in the festival's Un Certain Regard program, the film was screen on Monday, and 120 minutes later, Jung and the film's stars Bae Doo-na, Kim Sae-ron and Song Sae-byuk was soaking in a lengthy standing ovation from the audience.
Bae starts as Yeongnam, a woman who tries to rescue Dohee (Kim) from her abusive father Yongha (Song). Yeongnam eventually discovers that she needs the school girl more than the school girl needs her.
Clarence Tsui from Hollywood Reporter rated director Jung's screenplay highly. Mark Adams from Screen Daily thought it was the actors that carried the bleak but poignant drama.
Director of Film Department and Deputy General Delegate Christian Jeune said he was impressed by the film's casts, especially Kim, whom he said he hoped to see in the next festival.
The film will open in Korean theaters on Thursday. 

congrats.gif
May 20, 2014
[update] Bae Doona Confirms That She and Jim Sturgess Are Datinghttp://www.soompi.com/2014/05/20/bae-doona-and-jim-sturgess-are-dating/#.U3s9f_lvKV4
.201405202017778590_537b3cc34f974.jpg
Source
“Cloud Atlas” costars Bae Doona and British actor Jim Sturgess are dating?
One industry insider said on May 20, “They started off as friends, but now they are more than that. I say this with caution, but I believe they are dating.”
Another insider also said, “On May 19, Jim Sturgess attended the official screening for Bae Doona’s film ‘A Girl at My Door’ at the Cannes Film Festival, which seems like a public acknowledgement that they’re dating.”
The British actor made a surprise appearance at the screening for “A Girl at My Door,” where he greeted the movie officials and took a seat next to Bae Doona. The Korean actress will be holding an interview about her new film on May 20 with Korean reporters, where anticipation is high not only for her film, but whether or not she will reveal anything on her relationship with Jim Sturgess.
Bae Doona’s acquaintances said that she will most likely talk about the relationship.
The two actors met while filming for the 2012 Hollywood movie “Cloud Atlas.” Last February, the couple was caught on a date in LA, after which the actors denied any relationship rumors.123.jpg
[uPDATE] In the midst of continuous rumors about her relationship with Jim Sturgess, Bae Doona has confirmed that she is indeed dating the British actor. During an interview for her movie, she said, “My former manager was the one that denied the previous rumors. Jim Sturgess is my boyfriend.”.

May 20, 2014
A NONCHALANT BAE DOO NA FOR 1ST LOOKhttp://couch-kimchi.com/2014/05/20/a-nonchalant-bae-doo-na-for-1st-look/
.Bae Doo Na is at the Cannes Film Festival to screen her film A Girl At My Door (aka Doheeya) :) It has received positive reception there, but chica still has to campaign for it in the form of a feature in 1st Look ;) Check out a couple of shots from her pictorial! 13_zps2e5b5378.jpg~original14_zps7aadf193.jpg~originalSource  |  Newsen

May 20, 2014
BAE DOO NA AND JIM STURGESS HAVE CONFIRMED THEIR RELATIONSHIPhttp://couch-kimchi.com/2014/05/20/bae-doo-na-and-jim-sturgess-have-confirmed-their-relationship/

feat31.jpg
Actress Bae Doo Na and British actor Jim Sturgess who met on the set of 2012′s Cloud Atlas have finally admitted that they are dating. Well, she admitted it the Cannes premiere of her movie A Girl at My Door. From The Hollywood Reporter:

Jim Sturgess is my boyfriend,” she said. “He has been by my side since around the time I chose to appear in A Girl at My Door. Until now media reports said we were just friends, but those are the words of my former manager.”

May 21,  2014
Bae Doo Na Confirms Her Relationship with Jim Sturgess
CJ E&M enewsWorld Choi, EunHwa  Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung

Bae Doo Nae confirmed that she is dating English actor Jim Sturgess.
Bae Doo Na’s agency revealed on May 20, “Jim Sturgess is her boyfriend. They became a couple after acting in film Cloud Atlas together.”
Bae Doo Na attended The 67th Cannes Film Festival on May 19 for starring in film A Girl at My Door (Dohee-ya), which competed in Un Regard section. Jim Sturgess also attended the event, catching attention.66361002.jpg
It has been reported that Jim Sturgess watched the movie sitting next to Bae Doo Na and applauded enthusiastically once the movie was over. 
Bae Doo Na stated, “It was my former manager who said that we’re just friends. He is my boyfriend,” admitting that she is in a relationship with the actor.
Photo credit: enews/Hea Jung Min

May 21, 2014
Bae Doo Na officially admits her relationship with Jim Sturgess

Source: STARN News 20140520192141_537b2cb5b40b2_1.jpgBae Doo Na admitted her relationship with Jim Sturgess.

On May 20th (local time), Bae Doo Na attended an interview, which was held at Cannes, with Kim Sae Ron, Song Sae Byeok, and director Jung Joo Ri.
Bae Doo Na said, "The denial about my relationship with Jim Sturgess was done by my previous manager. Jim Sturgess is my boyfriend."
Bae Doo Na went on, "Jim Sturgess has been with me from when I just decided to cast in 'Do Hee', and he is still with me until now."
Earlier, Jim Sturgess made a surprise appearance at presentation of 'Do Hee', and accompanied Bae Doo Na after the presentation.
A great number of rumors about their relationship have broke out after they casted in movie 'Cloud Atlas' together, but Bae Doo Na has refused all of the rumors.
/Reporting by Noh I-seul en@starnnews.com

Source: YonhapBae Doo-na in Cannes
PYH2014052101500031500_P2.jpg
South Korean actress Bae Doo-na (L) poses at a beach in Cannes, France, on May 20, 2014. Bae is in Cannes to showcase the new film "Doohee-ya," the story of a 14-year-old girl recovering from domestic violence with the help of a police officer. From left are Bae, actor Song Sae-byuk, actress Kim Sae-rohn and director Jung Joo-ri. (Yonhap) (END)

May 21, 2014
Bae Doona Admits Her Relationship With British Star Jim Sturgess
Source: BNTNews
yw8eyh0p27lmttma8haxicnhfqxj953x.jpg
[by Cho Suyoun] It was true that Bae Doona and Jim Sturgess have been dating.
'Cloud Atlas' stars Jim Sturgess and Bae Doo Na are in a relationship. Many fans have doubted their relationship since 2012 after the release of 'Cloud Atlas,' but the two did not answer toward the question clearly.
Yet, they have been seen together in many places so people wondered again whether they are more than just friends. A few days ago, Bae Doona and British Hollywood star Jim Sturgess were seen again in Cannes, France as Bae Doo Na's film 'Dohee' was presented as an official opening film.
Accordingly, reporters asked the actress about her and handsome British star, and she finally admitted that they have been dating.
The two got closer when they first met at the shooting site of 'Cloud Atlas.' It is known that Jim helped Doona a lot since she had difficulties communicating in English.
Meanwhile, Bae Doona's new film 'Dohee' is set to be released in Korea tomorrow, May 22. (photo by bntnews DB)

May 21, 2014.Bae Doo Na wears a tailored dress from Louis Vuitton at Cannes International Film Festival

Source: STARN News
20140521085520_537beb67dba5a_1.jpg Louis Vuitton specially designed a dress for Bae Doo Na.
Bae Doo Na recently made her 3rd visit to Cannes International Film Festival, and the blue-color stain dress that she wore is becoming a hot issue among many people.
It is said that the dress that she wore at the festival is a Louis Vuitton's tailored dress, and reporters from all over the world showed explosive reactions for Bae Doo Na's gorgeous look.
Bae Doo Na also matched Louis Vuitton's white gold and diamond accessories to the dress.
It is said that the dress was hand made by Louis Vuitton's best artisan at Louis Vuitton atelier in Paris.
Julian Moor, Mia Wasikowska, Adéle Exarchopoulos, and Jennifer Connelly have wore Louis Vuitton's custom made dresses at Cannes International Film Festival in the past, and Bae Doo Na became the first Korean actress to wear a tailored dress from Louis Vuitton.
Meanwhile, Bae Doo Na recently officially admitted her relationship with Jim Sturgess.
/Reporting by Lee Mi-Ji en@starnnews.com

May 21, 2014
Bae Doo-Na, officially acknowledges the rumor of romantic relationship with Jim Sturgess
Source: Innolife Korea
9642_1.jpg
The actress Bae Doo-Na acknowledged the rumor that she is in a relationship with Jim Sturgess from Hollywood. On 20th, Bae Doo-Na met the Korean interview team in France in which the 67th Cannes International Film Festival was held, and acknowledged Jim Sturgess as her "boyfriend", thus claimed the rumor of her relationship as true. On this day, after the report from one media that they are in a relationship with good feelings for each other, she talked about the matter in person in the local place. The prediction that Bae Doo-Na, who is presently attending the 67th Cannes International Film Festival with the movie 'Do-Hee', would talk about the rumor of her relationship through the local interview, has become realized. Currently, Bae Doo-Na and Jim Sturgess are attending together the Cannes International Film Festival. The two of them watching together Bae Doo-Na's lead movie 'Do-Hee' which has been invited to the section of 'To be watched', has been spotted. The rumor of romantic relationship between Bae Doo-Na and Jim Sturgess also occurred in foreign media for several times. Two actors have been surrounded by such rumor as they worked together on 'Cloud Atlas', the movie directed by Wachowskis. Two people, who had visited Korea together for advertising the movie on last 2012 December, had showed themselves of being affectionate to each other, which resembled the relationship between a couple. [사진=SBS '한밤의 TV연예' 캡처]

May 21, 2014
Bae Doo-na confirms dating Jim Sturgess
By Sohn Ji-young The Korea Herald

20140521001049_0.jpg
Bae Doo-na (left), the star of filmmaker July Jung’s “A Girl at My Door,” and Jim Sturgess walk together at the 2014 Cannes International Film Festival on Monday. (Yonhap)
South Korean actress Bae Doo-na has revealed that she is dating British Hollywood actor Jim Sturgess, confirming rumors about the two stars.
Bae was attending this year’s Cannes International Film Festival as the star of July Jung’s feature debut “A Girl at My Door,” which was selected for the festival’s Un Certain Regard section.
She went public about her romantic relationship with Sturgess during a press conference at the festival’s Korean film booth Tuesday.
“Jim Sturgess is my boyfriend. Previous media reports said we were just friends, but those are the words of my former manager,” Bae said.
Rumors of a romantic relationship between Bae and Sturgess had been circulating ever since the two costarred in the Wachowski Brothers’ Hollywood blockbuster “Cloud Atlas” in 2012 and were frequently seen together in public.
On Monday at Cannes, Sturgess and Bae sat together during the screening of “A Girl at My Door.” Sturgess was spotted walking with his arm around Bae’s shoulders and having lunch with her.
Sturgess has appeared in a number of Hollywood blockbusters including “The Other Boleyn Girl,” “21,” “Crossing Over,” “Cloud Atlas” and “Upside Down.”

May 22, 2014
Bae confirms relationship at Cannes
By Jin Eun-soo, contributing writer INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily21203150.jpg
Actress Bae Doo-na has officially confirmed her exclusive relationship with English actor Jim Sturgess, according to local reports yesterday. 
“Jim Sturgess is my boyfriend,” said Bae during an interview for her upcoming film “A Girl at My Door,” held at Cannes International Film Festival, where the movie competed in the Un Regard section. “It was my former manager who denied the rumor and said Sturgess was just my friend.”
The international couple first met when they filmed a scene together for the 2012 Hollywood film “Cloud Atlas.” They were later spotted together in the United States and in Korea by fans, but Bae’s agency denied the dating rumors until now.
Sturgess, an actor and singer-songwriter from London, played his first prominent role in the musical film “Across the Universe” in 2007. He became known to Korean fans when he starred in the romantic film “One Day” with Anne Hathaway. 

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 2.4em; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: 'Lucida Grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 1.375; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Actor Bae Doo Na Admits Relationship with Jim Sturgess2014052117185557871.jpg

Actor Bae Doo Na confirms her relationship with British Actor Jim Sturgess.

On 20th, In front of press conference with Korean reporter at Cannes Film Festival, Bae Doo Na said “My manager said that Jim and I are good friends, but he is my boyfriend”.

On 19th, Jim Sturgess and Bae Doo Na were appeared at Cannes Film Festival to promote her film “A Girl at My Door(Do Hee Ya).” It has been reported that Jim Sturgess attended at the lunch with staff of “A Girl at My Door.”

Bae Doo Na and Jim Sturgess were spotted together several times after they met in the movie “Cloud Atlas.”. But, they did not confirmed their relationship clearly.

“A Girl at My Door” starring Bae Doo Na was selected to compete in the “Un Certain Regard” section at the 67th Cannes Film Festival.

Reporter, Choi Jin-sil   ture@tenasia.co.kr
Translator, Jihea Lim | May 22 2014

class="at_ttl" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 30px; line-height: 35px; letter-spacing: -0.03em; clear: both; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"Bae Doo Na Spotted At Cannes 2014kdramastars.jpg?w=600

Actress Bae Doo Na was spotted at the 67th Cannes International Film Festival. Actress Bae Doo Na has been invited to the 67th Cannes International Film Festival for her role as Young Nam in the movie "A girl at my door." The movie "A girl at my door" is the debut production of the director July Jung. The movie has been invited to the "un certain regard" section of the Cannes international film festival. The movie "A girl at my door" (Korean tittle Do Hee Ya) tells the story of a girl who experiences family violence, and another girl who works as a police officer, who tries to help out the girl.

The movie "A girl at my door" is to premiere in theaters in Korea on May 22, 2014.

Copyright ⓒ 2012 KDramaStars.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.