Bae Doo Na 배두나

melusine

Hahaha!!..yes..i actually chatted with June a while back when we talked about his movies like 'The Big Scene' and 'My Brother' of coz when melusine started Bae Doo Na i sort of think SHK should have a thread..The thing is i am not a great thread maker..or how to look after a thread (as awesome as Rubie.. :P and melusine and shirley..) but i can supply pics and reviews from various sites and yes i read so much about 'Save The Green Planet' and he was simply awesome..oh my !! so sorry folks this being his 'ex'-thread!!. :D

Back to Bae Doo Na..any news/pics..about her drama with Chae Rim or is it in the making now?..i also read BDN is quite picky when choosing her movies and a real tough cookie too!. ;)

ah moon soori .~ how come i forget about her .** another amazing actress .~

bellaangel012 ^^ ... :lol: catching any interesting dramas recently ?

ohh ya.! her accent in country princess haha .* ( i still remember how she chase after the bus in the first esp ! ..) gosh long after that and i watch the Killl the love .seriously i can see the contrast ~ .i so apperciated Bae Doo Na accent ..even if i dun understand it ~ she just make it more fluent or convincing to me ...and not as irriating as the kim sara did in kill the love ~ . :sweatingbullets:

i used to remember ..BDN ..she like to take photos of the set ~ and the cast .filming the country princess~ .~ and posted on her cyworld .or was it the drama site .~ :) ..

..ya .her anime-ish face that why when i heard that Someday was about animation and she is cast i was commenting ...the casting director make a great choice .~ !

i am just waiting so much for the the change of dramas .~~ ..so many i want to watch ..someday . stranger then paradise ...and then JJM's new drama ..game queen is it call ~(we dun care we just want to go bimbo over moshi keke even if the plot might sucks which we hope not .) ... :P oh and that park jin hee drama ..The Return of Soon-Ae ”, -

=

Shin Ha Kyun = > HIS SAVE THE GREEN PLANET IS A MUST WATCH !! ...:) Awesome .script and performance .!

Hola Shirley!

Not too many dramas that have caught my eye lately except for Jumong (fabulous btw) along with one fine day and smile again but im already starting to lose interest in the latter.

Yup, im really looking forward to her new drama actually. No doubt she will put in a fabulous performance, i just hope the script is up to par as well. Ive seen many a great performance die an early death because of bad scripts!

I was wondering the same thing of why they didnt put Moon So Ri in there but since this is another topic altogether, i wont say much.

Its really her face that makes her stand out if you ask me, because she isnt so conventionally beautiful, she stands out among the many many pretty faces in the industry. I just wish she would pick a seductress role for her next project. Something to stretch her self with. I definitely wasnt too crazy about Plum Blossom with her and KRW due to the whole story itself but she salvaged what little she had with the part that was given.

The new movie looks very interesting and im not really a horror flick person but ill give this one a whirl!

Back to Bae Doo Na..any news/pics..about her drama with Chae Rim or is it in the making now?..i also read BDN is quite picky when choosing her movies and a real tough cookie too!.

Kim SungSoo, Kim MinJoon and Oh YoonAh are now part of the main cast. According to X's K-Drama Hub, the drama's still in the casting stage (maybe the minor characters?). Chae Rim backed out, I think.

omoo ..u also like Barking dogs ..haha you are luckier gosh ...i remember i recommend to a friend and i just start on the dog killing and er i dun think my friend find any amusing thing in such a plot ..dog lover cant take it i suppose --;;; ...so i never even got to Boiler kim !! .haha but that scene was hilarous but scary too i was curled up with pillow wondering is this going to turn horror or something !! .DUN OPEN the cupboard .! i was like thinking !! ...ohhh and that toliet roll that went down the road ~ hahah i always remember that scene ~ i like lee sung jae actually just that recently his movies .hmm some good ones some bad ones ...he was so wasted in Diasy .!

m002018306w600vq7.jpg

lsjww8.jpg

Oh, that hilarious toilet-paper-rolling-down-the-road scene! Truly unforgettable. :lol: I got a bit scared during the Boiler Kim story too--not a throwaway scene at all, so well-executed (acting, direction, music, the works) that I was hardly breathing (hey I watched it at night! I was alone in my room! Excuses, excuses, kekeke). And I've always harbored a fondness for Byun HeeBong ever since (so nice to see him as that lovable tyrant harabeoji in "My Girl"). Btw, you can always tell your friend that they have a disclaimer at the start "no dogs were harmed in the making of this film". *wink wink* I actually haven't tried to hardsell the film yet to this friend of mine who's an avid dog lover; I wonder if she'll really find it offensive, with all the dog-napping and

dog-eating

... I hope more peeps (animal-lovers included) give it a chance, they'll miss out on a great film otherwise. Yeah, as an actor, when Lee SungJae's good, he's very very good; but sometimes his choices in roles are a bit... meh ("Ice Rain" anyone?). I'll still be watching "Daisy" though, just for the eye candy.

ahh beating heart..hahha ..the first two esp was really amusing seeing her and dong wannie haha i laugh out when i saw her explosive hairstyle hahahh ,~~ .but still sad they got to end up like that ....sob sob ..sigh.~~ ...

~~ ah and the next section on her and her sister and ji sung as the first love ..gosh i teared ..bae jongok is really also such a good actress .!~! ..

bhpq5.jpg

Seeing how they fell in love (it all started with an Edith Piaf song :wub: ) and knowing what she went through in her past (

her divorce

), I was really rooting for Doona and Kim DongWan to stay together despite everything. Because they really did love each other. And the tragedy is in reality, sometimes that's not enough, you can't get past certain things. *sigh* And just when I thought I couldn't take any more drama-inflicted pain, that Bae JongOk/Ji Sung episode just about broke my heart. :tears: What JongOk had to sacrifice for her sister and how she became the pragmatic woman she is now (

in addition to that last episode about their mother

), and Ji Sung coming back to remind her of the girl she used to be (and will always be) and even remembering to teach Doona how to ride a bike... *SOB* It was soooo good. That Lee KyungHee sure can write (she always gets to me dammit). Some episodes were better than others, but the quality of those "better" 2-episode arcs (my favorites: "Love" <1~2> "Outing" <9~10> "Happiness" <11~12>) is certainly higher than the entirety of several crappy 16-20 episode dramas I've seen.

Loved Bae JongOk in "Beating Heart" and "Goodbye Solo", such a GREAT actress. She was one of the 2 reasons I bought "Love Talk" (the other reason: I thought the director's debut film <the aforementioned> "This Charming Girl" was wonderful).

heart_13.jpg

I'm thinking that maybe the director casted Go AhSung in "The Host" because Doona suggested her... so they can play aunt-niece again, heh (and of course, the kid's very talented). From the behind-the-scenes pics, it looks like they really bonded. :)

photo12811md3.jpg

ahhh RSW ..haha yes i do find him veryyy cool while watching the The city of violence MV ! ~~ ! and whatmore .i like JUNG Doo-hong when he was in ruler of your own world ~ so this movie i will surely try to catch it when the dvd is release .~

YMCA ..~ is not a bad movie ..entertaining enough .~ reallly HJM ~ you simply cannot believe is him ~ watch out for small appearance of jo seung woo at the end .keke .~ .

Will do! You know I'm a Jo SeungWoo fan too. ;) Jung DooHong's fame as Korea's best action director was part of why I found it so amusing watching him ham it up in "Ruler of Your Own World" and "Arahan." Those friends (RSW and JDH) acting together is def a must-see.

Shin Ha Kyun = > HIS SAVE THE GREEN PLANET IS A MUST WATCH !! ... Awesome .script and performance .!

Word.

ohh ya.! her accent in country princess haha .* ( i still remember how she chase after the bus in the first esp ! ..) gosh long after that and i watch the Killl the love .seriously i can see the contrast ~ .i so apperciated Bae Doo Na accent ..even if i dun understand it ~ she just make it more fluent or convincing to me ...and not as irriating as the kim sara did in kill the love ~ . :sweatingbullets:

i am just waiting so much for the the change of dramas .~~ ..so many i want to watch ..someday . stranger then paradise ...and then JJM's new drama ..game queen is it call ~(we dun care we just want to go bimbo over moshi keke even if the plot might sucks which we hope not .) ... oh and that park jin hee drama ..The Return of Soon-Ae, -

cpan2.jpg

I've been a bit busy so I haven't been following any current drama after "Alone in Love"; from lack of interest too, I suppose. When I find the time, I'd rather dl and catch up on older dramas (I just found "Country Princess" on YouTube! Hope to watch it soon so I can also wax lyrical on her saturi). Hmm, "Jumong" seems intriguing (duh how could it not, what with all the hype it's getting), as does "101st Proposal". But like you, I'm more excited about upcoming dramas like "Stranger Than Paradise" (UTW+LSJ+KMJ!), "Speed" (KMM+LDH+LSJ!), "What's Up, Fox?" (because I heart CJM), "Queen of the Game" (because I heart JJM), and last but not least, "Someday".

Yup, im really looking forward to her new drama actually. No doubt she will put in a fabulous performance, i just hope the script is up to par as well. Ive seen many a great performance die an early death because of bad scripts!

I just wish she would pick a seductress role for her next project. Something to stretch her self with. I definitely wasnt too crazy about Plum Blossom with her and KRW due to the whole story itself but she salvaged what little she had with the part that was given.

The new movie looks very interesting and im not really a horror flick person but ill give this one a whirl!

The "Someday" writer wrote the screenplays for a couple of famous films, so I'm quite unapprehensive on that score. Not a big fan of Kim SungSoo and Kim MinJoon's acting--but I guess I'm willing to be proven wrong. What I really like: the synopsis (animation!). It sounds fun and different, and I can already imagine Doona in it. All in all, I think it's lookin' good.

I didn't like "Plum Blossom" either. :phew: I wasn't even a fan of hers back then, and I could already tell that Doona was the best thing in it.

232104a05w600jh0.jpg

Have you seen "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance"? The movie itself is very very depressing, but it's the sexiest role I've ever seen her in.

Just like "Barking Dogs Never Bite" defies classification into any genre, and "Memories of Murder" isn't just a serial killer movie, I think "The Host" will be something more than the usual horror/monster flick. Interesting indeed, and personally, I can't wait. ^_^

Its really her face that makes her stand out if you ask me, because she isnt so conventionally beautiful, she stands out among the many many pretty faces in the industry.

*nods in complete agreement*

Guest goldenmarshmellow

thanks melusine, i can't wait to see Doo Na in The Host, and i'm sure i'm not the only one. thanks for keeping this thread so updated, i'm sure all Bae Doo Na fans couldn't be more appreciative of all your hardwork. :)

I can't remember seeing this & not sure if it has been posted, sorry if there's a duplication. :sweatingbullets:

Bae Doo-na

112_1_star01.gif112_2_star02.gif

Actress Bae Du-na, with her omnibus weekend drama "Beating Heart," returns to fans after two years. Her character is caught in a love triangle with Shinhwa member Kim Dong-wan and singer/actor Shin Sung-wu.

Bae is well known for her movie, "Dog of Flanders," where her wacky character wore a signature yellow hooded sweat shirt. But it was "Plum Blossoms" that graduated Bae from runway model to actress. In the movie "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance," with director Park Chan-wuk, Bae aptly showed viewers her passion and talent.

The actress has also ventured into theater. With the play "Sunday Seoul," she followed in her mother's footsteps.

She then starred in the Japanese movie "Linda Linda Linda," playing a second-generation Korean living in Japan.

HOMEPAGE

http://www.doona.net/

Source: http://www.arirang.co.kr/TV/Show_Biz_Onlin...G_CODE=TVCR0112

^Aside from anticipating the movie itself, I'm glad that a new project means she gets to do (and we get to see her in) lotsa new photo shoots.

"The Host" presscon:

1014350204d2h0366wx7.jpg

h21bf.jpg

doona2006060801fx2.jpg

h18vi.jpg

56zk.th.jpg 94wv1.th.jpg 27jt1.th.jpg

37zi.th.jpg 70iz.th.jpg 89ug1.th.jpg

48ph1.th.jpg 65sv.th.jpg bdn7dt.th.jpg

<clickable thumbnails>

credit as labeled

I think the tunic+leggings outfit is an unfortunate fad (ugh), but she does look very fresh in white.

I absolutely hate that leggings look, i dont think it flatters anyone and that includes the thin thin people who wear them but she looks completely different in those Bazaar pics. Much more coquettish and very fresh at the same time. Thanks Melusine for posting them

Guest Madrasta

I am glad I came across this thread on Bae Doo Na. I've been given a series for free entitled "Country Princess", but I haven't started watching it since I don't know anything about its lead star. With her litany of movies and dramas and acting awards, I guess I am confident that I won't be disappointed. Thanks.

Excerpt from [시사회 - PRESS SCREENING] 괴물 (The Host):

wall100fp1hc.th.jpg <-- Wallpaper

Aunt, Park Nam-Joo

배두나 (BAE DOO-NA)

The Character: She was an able archer ever since her youth, with enough talent to make it big in the game, but her nerves always let her down in the crucial moments, and were her fatal flaw. Still, she's always confident, and is the type who doesn't give up easily.

The Actor: One of the most interesting and eclectic actresses in the country, Bae's mother was a famous theater actress, so it was only logical she'd somewhat follow on her footsteps. Her beginning was a little shaky, with a few forgettable TV Dramas and her small role in 링 (The Ring Virus), but 2000 marked the beginning of her cult status, at least overseas, with Bong Joon-Ho's 플란다스의 개 (Barking Dogs Never Bite). That year she also gave a risque performance (albeit with a body double for the more 'intense' scenes) in Kwak Ji-Gyun's 청춘 (Plum Blossom), and slowly started getting more work on TV, in 학교 (School) and 엄마야 누나야 (Mother, Sister). It was Jung Jae-Eun's wonderful 고양이를 부탁해 (Take Care of My Cat) though that gained the most popularity amongst fans, and Bae continued to mix the commercial -- the lovely 굳세어라 금순아 (Saving My Hubby) and the stinky blockbuster 튜브 (Tube) -- and the... not too much so -- Park Chan-Wook's 복수는 나의 것 (Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance) and Yong Yi's flawed but interesting 봄날의 곰을 좋아하세요? (Spring Bears Love). From 2003 she took a long hiatus from the big screen, in which she rested, did some theater work, and continued to work on TV -- the disappointing 로즈마리 (Rosemary) and the quite forgettable 위풍당당 그녀 (Country Princess). This break ended with 2005's リンダリンダリンダ (Linda Linda Linda), perhaps one of her most memorable roles. She also gave an excellent performance in the Omnibus Drama 떨리는 가슴 (Six Love Stories), and her next project on TV will be the promising live action/animation hybrid 썸데이 (Someday). Although she has a good number of hardcore fans, she's pretty much ignored by the mainstream at home, but of course she enjoys great popularity overseas, at least with fans of Korean Cinema. For the role, she trained in archery for months with a professional player in Suwon, and continued to do so even during shooting whenever she had time. She was told if she really wanted, she had enough talent to make it at an amateur level, so it looks like she worked pretty hard. Another interesting anecdote from the shoot is that she got so emotional shooting a scene where Nam-Joo loses Hyeon-Seo, she ended up throwing up in the toilet afterward. But of course the moment Bong gave the OK, it was everything back to smiles and fooling around. That's Bae Doo-Na.

Director Bong Talks About Nam-Joo: "She's very simple but able to keep her concentration even at the most difficult of times, she carries the traditional character traits of an archer, if you will. She always has a clear goal in mind, and when with her family, despite always remaining silent up to the end, she tends to be the one who makes that final decision. She also has a different relationship with Hyun-Seo, a sort of surrogate mother for her, since she grew up without one."

Press Screening clip (YTN Live)

9280pe.jpg

9466pq.th.jpg 9308bm.th.jpg 9410tp.th.jpg

9424hq.th.jpg 9338tg.th.jpg 9350fp.th.jpg 9272of.th.jpg 9347qo.th.jpg

9430dl.th.jpg 9447zj.th.jpg

9403ku.th.jpg 9451di.th.jpg 9324gg.th.jpg 9375ao.th.jpg 9316ax.th.jpg

9360jr.th.jpg 9385tr.th.jpg 9390gy.th.jpg

<clickable thumbnails>

credit: doona.net

More press screening pics courtesy of rubie @ The Host thread

Guest inez

Rubie Lee..that pic has LBH with the post BD looks and is that Ahn SungKi partially hidden?.

But has LBH done any drama/movie with Bae DuNa?..

^Nope (unfortunately).

My guess is that's around late 2001~early 2002 because she sports that same haircut for SfMV ('02) and (like inez said) LBH's hair has post-BD ('01) highlights.

I have no idea what event that is either, but gosh, it's sure making me curious... and they're with Ahn SungKi, to boot! ^_^ A Cine21 (or one of those fancy mags) photo shoot perhaps?

Man, I wish they'd work together. Wouldn't that be awesome.

I've been given a series for free entitled "Country Princess", but I haven't started watching it since I don't know anything about its lead star.

A free K-drama is always cause for celebration. :lol: At the least I can assure you that you won't be disappointed by Doona's acting. After you finish watching, share your thoughts with us, 'kay? :)

10580939104382sb2.jpg10565396884619yg9.jpg

qodmsdud11348vy.jpgabidinglove618xt.jpg

10552046391042bb9.jpg

1031472135434xg8.jpg

msrkwhgdk790jr.jpg

black.jpg

d26le.jpg

d07zo.jpg

d39yv.jpg

d10wa.jpg

Guest inez

^Nope. (at least, I don't think so)

My guess is that's around late 2001~early 2002 because she cut her hair short for SfMV and (like inez said) LBH's hair has post-BD highlights.

Gosh, I'm curious what event they attended... and they're with Ahn SungKi, to boot! ^_^ A Cine21 (or one of those fancy mags) photoshoot perhaps?

Man, I wish they'd work together. Would that be awesome.

Awesome trio indeed!!!!..Great..great..cast! Lee Byung Hun, Bae DuNa and Ahn Sungki oh wow!! :)

^

Me three! Me three! :lol: Count me in for a ASK, LBH & BDN project! :D

I've always wanted to see LBH act with ASK... they'd make a great son-father cast. With DooNa in the family, of course! :P

Guest goldenmarshmellow

These are wonderful photos of Doo Na. Thanks melusine once again for sharing. I have heard nothing but great feedbacks on The Host!