Bae Doo Na 배두나

melusine

Acting... Modelling... Taking pictures... Baking... Flower arranging... Reading... Shopping... Traveling... Hanging out... Having fun... Driving... Walking... Talking... Listening... Dreaming... Sleeping... Eating... Drinking... Living...

09150181835ei9.th.jpg 0107206096051gm0.th.jpg 01075706396fn2.th.jpg 66623925oz8.th.jpg

japan2907377of7lw0.th.jpg japan3287770ux7eu3.th.jpg japan3187377ta6lk6.th.jpg

tokyo05130164336lr6jg6.th.jpg tokyo05130143581kv8lr1.th.jpg tokyo05130108546qx4ua4.th.jpg tokyo05130079589zr4hy2.th.jpg

doona0097416ec0ua7.th.jpg doona0052379pi7hv2.th.jpg 21mm4753xl0.th.jpg 00043423ls4.th.jpg

doona18974zf3.th.jpg untitled618165ud6.th.jpg doona118651yq8.th.jpg milk0011ai7.th.jpg 54835852vo0.th.jpg

1699333vc7.th.jpg 0322001le7cv2.th.jpg 14723uz4.th.jpg 0616169saturation8770om9.th.jpg

busan0475923kc7.th.jpg 2511pf5.th.jpg 00125634se3.th.jpg 1117415451uu5.th.jpg 1506014618xy7.th.jpg

untitled1114631yb9.th.jpg 017la1.th.jpg w001gs7.th.jpg 071201415642wf6.th.jpg somihoyoung3uc8.th.jpg

00527529kz1.th.jpg 3002oa9.th.jpg 06060272746jp5.th.jpg 07250219486cc7.th.jpg 0824001om9.th.jpg 027uu1.th.jpg

doona2017ot3.th.jpg untitled216221om7.th.jpg tokyo07190091750mw8.th.jpg doona019jh7.th.jpg w014dd6.th.jpg 08250389475uf0.th.jpg

Here's to another year of all that and more.

FH000013_22172-1.jpg

Happy birthday, Doona.

<clickable thumbnails>

Wah... hope I'm not too late... for DooNa & melusine! :wub:

CONGRATULATIONS & A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

And I saw ay_link's gift... didn't know that DooNa had an MV with Ryu Jin. Can't wait to finish downloading! :lol:

melusine-hunnie... you know... whatever others may say... the more & more we look at DooNa, the more and more we'll be exposed to her charming beauty and lively outgoing nature. I just love it that she has lots and lots of pics coming, both from her own passion and those shared by her fans. The captures are simply captivating, a journal & precious moments by itself. And I'll always be amazed at the never-ending pics of DooNa, shared with everyone.

I can't claim that I'm a big fan of DooNa but there's something about her that you can't deny. I haven't actually seen any movies of her :sweatingbullets: except for a couple of tv dramas... namely the all-time fave Ad Madness and Funny Wild Girl. Like Snowman, I'm not a major fan of the actors but I simply love the series to bits because it's something that one can truly enjoy and appreciate at the same time, the same with Ad Madness. Really, really love the series. :blush: Produced in 1999 with the cast of young stars who are the actors of tomorrow.... with WonBin, Lee DongGun, Choi KangHee, Yang DongGun, Bae DooNa and others whose names escaped me. :sweatingbullets: Oh yeah... a very young Kim SooYeon as well.

I love the series because it reminded me so much of my university days, of friends, the hardship & joy we went through together and everything that comes along. The evergreen tune in the series, of course was just so catchy that you can't help but sing along all the time. DooNa's character at the time, spunky RuRu... she was well-liked by my drama discussion-mates (heheh... the same team as Snowman, obviously). I, on the other hand were rooting for WonBin and Choi KangHee... oops... no snowballs please... just a particular feeling at the time. They were all, of course... friends studying in the same course... he likes her, she likes him... the circle of love goes on. But what makes it special is their bond & friendship... despite the feud, they were each other's pillar... after the storm, there's always the brightest rainbow.

The series was also well-liked in Korea at the time of airing that the initially 16-episode (if I'm not mistaken) airing was stretched to a 32-episode running, still with the same impact... same love from the fans. But unfortunately... DooNa and LDG's appearance had to be cut short... presumably because of other commitments, made before the decision to stretch the series. We kept on watching the series till the end, as many of the other cast were still in but can't help feeling ... hoping that DooNa and LDG would appear in the remaining episodes as cameos. Unfortunately ... only in flashback.

That's why I'd always remember Bae DooNa, because of Ad Madness and this thread is simply magic... as it opens up to a world of DooNa (cool) madness! :lol:

^Thanks for sharing your thoughts on "Ad Madness", rubie. :) I've always been curious about that drama, given the talented actors involved (and they were so young then!). Too bad Doona and Lee DongGun couldn't stay on when the drama got extended. Gosh, I can't even imagine Choi KangHee and Won Bin as an onscreen couple now (but I'll choose to believe you about their onscreen chemistry then, heh). Another reason why I want to watch it: Most dramas these days simply focus on love triangles and so on; it would be nice to see one that also revolves around friendships. ^_^(Sigh, if only I can find a copy...) <lotsa "Ad Madness" pics here>

I know Doona is more famous for her talent than her looks (and yay to that), but I also think she has a unique beauty that isn't apparent at first glance. It grows on you, her attractiveness. And the long hair suits her, imo she's prettier now than she's ever been.

Re pics: It's extremely fortunate for Doona fans like me that her blog and cyworld is open to the public--it gives us a glimpse into her life. And it seems like a very interesting one. ^__^

paradise17724za0.jpg

van16498gn7.jpg

10150773443uz2.jpg

1015leica0266102zr7.jpg

1015leica04912915yk4.jpg

10150654046eu0.jpg

101505514837zo4.jpg

I hope she had a great birthday.

^Thanks for sharing your thoughts on "Ad Madness", rubie. :) I've always been curious about that drama, given the talented actors involved (and they were so young then!). Too bad Doona and Lee DongGun couldn't stay on when the drama got extended. Gosh, I can't even imagine Choi KangHee and Won Bin as an onscreen couple now (but I'll choose to believe you about their onscreen chemistry then, heh). Another reason why I want to watch "Ad Madness": Most dramas these days simply focus on love triangles and so on; it would be nice to see one that also revolves around friendships. ^_^(Sigh, if only I can find a copy...)

I know Doona is more famous for her talent than her looks (and yay to that), but I also think she has a unique beauty that isn't apparent at first glance. It grows on you, her attractiveness. And the long hair suits her, imo she's prettier now than she's ever been.

Re pics: It's extremely fortunate for Doona fans like me that her blog and cyworld is open to the public--it gives us a glimpse into her life. And it seems like a very interesting one. ^__^

I hope she had a great birthday.

It's always my pleasure, sharing with you here. :blush: I know... I'm always the weird one and by disclosing that I was rooting for WB & CKH in Ad Madness, I'm risking my neck among the many Ad Maniac fans. *gulp!* But seriously... can't imagine what it'll be like if they were reunited... now. :sweatingbullets: Story spoiler: in the series, DooNa likes WonBin and LDG loves CKH but... you know... you can't force love and even then, WB & CKH's relationship wasn't really sealed at the end of the series).

I forgot to mention their loveble lecturer played by Cho Min Ki.... I haven't seen this actor much though I heard he was in Yellow Handkerchief but I really like his character in Ad Madness... the mature but never out of place mentor for the students. And his on-off relationship with a colleague was simply hilarious. :lol:

Hi everybody ! :)

I'm sorry, I'm late, but last days I was busy and I had problem with my ftp, but here I am (youpii !!).

And here is my present for all Doona fans, something I hhave on my computer for a wild I want ti share with you, a TVMC show - :w00t::w00t::w00t: with Doona inside :w00t::w00t::w00t: - broadcast in 2003. You'll see, the show is very stupid :P but she had a lot of fun (me too).

Hop hop ! Enjoy !

And never forget how cool is Doona !

286ht0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aaahhh !! I'm dying, i'm crying, life is so sad and so cruel :tears:

The korean edition of Linda Linda Linda is soon to be released and you know what ? no english sub ! :tears:

The DVD features are the sames than for the original japanese edition, but the packaging looks funny - I wonder if i won't buy it even if i already have the japanese. :sweatingbullets:

2cal126zy6.jpg

Bad news, good news : Linda Linda Linda will be released in the USA !!

(it seems that's beacause of the american released that the korean DVD is not subtitled)

Source : Twitch

Wow... the DVD set looks nice ^^

Epikt, I got good news for you if you can download from bittorrent (if you can't ermm can u dl from clubbox?)

Just a few weeks ago I downloaded this movie from FSC forum (membership required), and it's English-subbed, dvd-rip version ^___^

Haven't checked it out yet, but the file is pretty big (1.4GB), consists of 3 CDs I think :huh: but at least it's e-subbed XD

Well if you can dl from torrent, here's the torrent

Good luck! hehehe :P

Oh btw, tomorrow's SOMEDAY! WooHoo~~ so excited! lol.

Guest globosapien

i haven't talked to her in quite some time, but i can truly tell you that she has a very warm personality, and i don't know if you've seen some of her younger brother's pics (tae hwan) but he's also very nice. the whole family actually are all very kindhearted people, her father included.

just a bit of a family background, her father graduated from seoul u, and he's very very smart, my uncle and him would sit for hours playing badook (it's kinda like korean checkers), and he's also very humble.

they used to live on guam for a year i think, and that's how tae hwan is able to study in the US because he has citizenship, he was born here.

i can honestly say that doona unni has remained the same since the day she debuted until the present. she has stayed friends with her friends from high school, and she's just a very simple person.

i think she'd actually be so flatterd to know that people outside of korea, and besides koreans love her so much. she truly lives for acting, and it truly is her passion. her mother is an awesome actress as well, as demonstrated by her past performances in numerous plays.

she's not beautiful.... but she possess a sureal look. her eyes are really THAT big, and it's like puddles of water.... her eyes i think really reveal who she really is. she's a person of simplicty, as i've mentioned before. she either likes something or doesn't, she's not one of those fickle indecisive people. she's more quiet than she is loud, but she has such a great sense of humor.

i don't know if anyone remembers this korean magazine called "LET'S," but when i was living with her one summer, "LET'S" did a special on where she lived. she used to live in a small studio near hongdae university.... i wish i could find it somewhere. they took pictures of both of us. shucks.

Epikt, I got good news for you if you can download from bittorrent (if you can't ermm can u dl from clubbox?)

Thanks.

But I already have the japanese DVD, without sub but who cares I saw it three times anyway, and I saw it twice again in a festival :w00t: (hum hum, yes I love this movie)

In fact I prefer to see movies on DVD, i only donwload movies to see if it's worth to buy the DVD ^^

And as I buy all the movies with Doona inside, even the bad ones, I directly bought the DVD (even worst, I preordered it :blush: )

Globosapien > thanks :)

• 1 month later...

I can't believe I've never posted in this thread. I thought I had, but I guess not. :sweatingbullets:

I'm a pretty harsh critic to please, especially when it comes to good actors vs actors who rely on their looks.

But Bae Doo Na gets a well passing grade in my book. ^_^ Not just for her acting, but her choice of projects. She could easily land a mundane drama role opposite the latest, hot actor (who can't act), but she doesn't stoop to the easy, big ratings shtick. She's a woman of her own choices and the eccentricity of the roles she chooses is something I've always admired about her.

If you're not watching her latest drama 썸데이 - Someday, then you're missing out! It's a must watch, not just for Doo Na fans, but for people who like dramas in general. ^_^

위험한 초대 (2003-10-12) 배두나

(Dangerous Invitation 2003-10-12 Bae Doo Na)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C7CL6FYJ

credits; http://clubbox.co.kr/sksgjwjqekf + myself for uploading

I thought I should share this video I had. It's a variety program Doo Na was a guest on in 2003.

Some caps/explanations of the show. (caps are smaller than the video size)

1copyrr9.jpg

This show is hilarious! 4 guys (Shin Jung Hwan, Yoo Jae Suk, Lee Hyuk Jae, and Kang Byung Kyu) sit on these chairs while the special guest sits in the middle and answers questions.

Basically, if she does a certain action like touch the plastic wall, touch her hair, clap her hands, or scratch her forehead, then the guys get splashed with water (each guy is associated to one action). If she says certain words like, "yes?", "I like it", "no", or "very", then the guys get thrown into the water (each guy is associated to one word/phrase).

2copyeb2.jpg3copyat3.jpg

4copyqi6.jpg5copylm3.jpg

6copyir1.jpg7copynq3.jpg

8copyyv9.jpg10copyec6.jpg

At the end, she feeds a banana to whoever she liked the most. ^_^

11copyni4.jpg

This show had some really big guests besides Bae Doo Na, like Kim Sun Ah, Shin Eun Kyoung, Shim Hye Jin, Uhm Jung Hwa, Ha Ji Won, Kim Tae Hee and others.

Too bad the show ended, it was hilarious and all the guests loved being on the show.

BTW Bae Doo Na is on next week's 야심만만 (Yashimmanman).

Hehe, you're late Jahye ! :P

I gave a link to this video for her birthday (on oct 21th i was late :blush: ).

I love this show, it's soooooo stupid but i don't care I love Doona !

But I have an idea, as your forfeit, you'll upload next week Yashimmanman :sweatingbullets::D

Anyway, i'm glad you too like Doona, she's the best !

Guest Scully2

Hehe, you're late Jahye ! :P

I gave a link to this video for her birthday (on oct 21th i was late :blush: ).

I love this show, it's soooooo stupid but i don't care I love Doona !

But I have an idea, as your forfeit, you'll upload next week Yashimmanman :sweatingbullets::D

Anyway, i'm glad you too like Doona, she's the best !

THANKS Epikt for showing me the way here ^___^

I really like Bae Doo Na work and I haven't seen so much so I'll have to start getting her movies :P

I've seen Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, The Host, Linda, linda linda and Someday (the current drama).

THANKS again!