Liar Game

Guest boatswain

Guest boatswain

What would you do if you could steal 100 million yen?Liar_Game_Chap_1.jpg
Congratulations! You are one of the 1 in 100,000 people who have been entered in the amazing LIAR GAME TOURNAMENT!

Along with the postcard there are 100 million yen in notes. That's the beginning of the Liar Game. When the game ends, in 30 days, you will have to return your 100 million. If your opponent steals them, he can keep them as a prize, and you will have a debt of 100 million...

This manga also inspired a hit J-Drama, Liar Game, starring Toda Erika and Matsuda Shota.

Read up to Chapter 50 in Chinese: http://www.8comic.com/1688.html
Volumes: 16 (Hiatus) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=3296*This series has also live action movie and drama
Liar_Game_vol01.jpg

l_p1014056884.jpg

liar-game-1309783.jpg

Guest Appolpai

i'm interested in reading the manga after watching the drama, but i dunno if it's english scanlated. o.o; i never heard of this before the drama. is it popular in japan, i wonder? it must be if a drama was spawned from it.

for some reason, the drawing style reminds me of death note.

Guest boatswain

4 volumes are out in Japan (:

I haven't read that far yet, but as far as I know the drama sticks really closely to the manga.

The first chapter has been scanlated; I will upload later (:

Guest Appolpai

only 4 volumes? wow, a lot of stuff must've happened in just 4 volumes if the drama was able to produce 11 episodes. how many volumes will there be? it's still ongoing, right? that might increase the chance of a season 2 for the drama...hehe. x]

Guest blissfully_unaware13x

hehe i'm gonna answer ur question of what i would do if that game was forced onto me.

ok realistically i would be soooooooo panicky and angry if that happened to me and i'd be like, "grrrr you can't make me do this!!!!!!" and throw their money back in their faces and stomp off fuming.

but ok, if i was in the manga i would (obviously) take part and ...ughhhh i can't swindle people out of their money -__- i would just go w/ my realistic move. sry to be boring heehee ^^

Guest oceansportrait

I've heard that although in the beginning the drama stays very close to the manga, it starts to change later on (because, obviously the manga's not finished, whereas the drama has to come to some kind of conclusion after 11 episodes).

That being said, if I went home one day and saw 100 million yen on my doorstep, I'd think it was some drug-related money so I'd take it to the police XD No way I'd risk going into debt forever for that amount.

Guest K-popMiko

Yay! I get to read this tomorrow =D Or try to anyway. A friend of mine bought the first and fourth volume at a bookstore [the rest in between weren't available] and says it sticks to the jdorama. I hope it's not to hard to read...=x

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

after watching the jdrama of Liar Game.. I took a like in this drama.. just cause Shota is in it but anyways, is there anywhere I can find the scanlated in english? is there an anime to this manga already? j/w.

There is not anime for Liar Game (it'd be soo cool if there were though!)

And I only know where to find Chapter 1 of the manga scanalated in english...do you want it?

Oooh! And the drama was good right? =) The storyline is just so interesting!

• 9 months later...
Guest endlychery

I've been reading them in Chinese... so I'm up to chapter 71 right now ^^ but I don't know how often i'll need to check back for updates..

Liar Game drama was amazing. Not many dramas hold my interest and this one surely did o.o

I should go check out the manga sometime soon. But if the drama went off on a diff path then I dont know how the manga is gonna be.

Archived