Slim Samsung Yp-p2

x_shirley

have u buy one from that online store before? if u have.. is it any good? like is the shipping safe cuz last time i bought something like this through the internet.. i got a fake one..which was rather infelicitous..so yeh.. but for that price i kinda want to buy online again.. since in Sydney there aren't many store that sells them..

yeh ive brought from dealsdirect before, its a reliable site, but not their electronics, but im quite certain that its real, u can email them and ask thou.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ChemicalXYZ

yeh ive brought from dealsdirect before, its a reliable site, but not their electronics, but im quite certain that its real, u can email them and ask thou.

haha what do u mean not their electronics? like.. the product might be faulty or defect? but anyway i think i might wanna wait for the P3 now lolz since someone announce the existance of p3 several hours ago lol DAMMIT its a long wait.. but i think i will wait for it..am i making the right choice? meh.

haha what do u mean not their electronics? like.. the product might be faulty or defect? but anyway i think i might wanna wait for the P3 now lolz since someone announce the existance of p3 several hours ago lol DAMMIT its a long wait.. but i think i will wait for it..am i making the right choice? meh.

no as in I've only brought from them once and it was something non-electronic.

But I know its a reputable site

hehe u'll probably have to wait a few months for the P3, sounds interesting thou

Guest ChemicalXYZ

no as in I've only brought from them once and it was something non-electronic.

But I know its a reputable site

hehe u'll probably have to wait a few months for the P3, sounds interesting thou

yeh i know.. dammit..i am still pondering whether i should get p2 now or wait for p3 lol but i really like the fact how P3 is gonna be really similar to the Haptic phone. T_T i'm trying to forget about p2 at the moment. it'll be stupid to run and get the p2 now right?

Guest shadow131

hey to the aussie who wanted to buy this

u can get this online at dealsdirect at super cheap prices

the 8G white for $116 shipped and 4G White for $87 shipped

i dun see the 8gb one :ph34r:

i accidentally formatted my p2 and i lost everything

i loaded my songs again but how can i get the games back? T_T

Go to anythingbutipod.com > forums > Samsung P2 section.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shinySHINee

I have the white one :). mine holds 4gb :P

They came out with Samsung P3 already.

P THREEE

LOL, well either it came out already or will be out really soon.

but there is one out there

just google, "Samsung P3" :):)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sketchy62

i want a p2 and sell my other mp3 players!

i read botu it today, and u can sync yoru cellphone to it!

and access ure cell phone directly even accept and call through your p2 using a headphone with mic!

thats pure awesomeness.

but i want a white white... but i dont want to pay 170$ for a 4gb...

does anyone know any other stores besides amazon that sells em?

have you tried ebay? if you don't mind buying used/refurbished..and maybe missing manuals/cd's/box/cables, you can find some for very cheap. i've seen a few go for less than $100. or if you can, try to wait for the p3

I'm looking into getting the P2, but since P3's gonna come out soon, I want to know if it's worth the wait.

I've done some research and basically what's different is:

- aluminum case instead of plastic

- larger capacity [4gb - 32gb]

- widgets

- and haptic technology...?

^ What's haptic? ^^;;

I think so far, the only thing I'd be willing to wait for is the 32gb; I heard aluminum might get in the way of bluetooth..? And I don't really care for widgets.

Sooo.. what do you guys think? Worth the wait, or should I just get the P2? =X

Guest -HyuNi-

You guys missed out on the clearance deal at Fry's.

They were selling them for $80...

That's how I got mine.

tanya,

haptic is a technology that gives you force feedback when you press the screen. It gives you the sense that you're actually pressing a button instead of just a screen. Whether it's worth the extra $$, that's for you to decide...

Personally, besides the higher capacity, I wouldn't pay more for a P3.

I like how light and compact the P2 is and I personally don't use the extra widgets and gadgets other than music and video. I don't find a need for it to be aluminium instead of plastic. it's already sturdy!

One thing I almost expected the next generation to have was a speaker on the player.

If it could be used as a phone, why not have a speaker so you don't have to listen through the earpiece and awkwardly hold the player close to your mouth to talk into the mic?

All in all, I'm uberly satisfied with my P2.

the DNSE is amazing and watching videos on it while going downtown by train makes the commute so much enjoyable!

^ $80?! O___O You serious? aww, dammit T__T How many gb?

And force feedback like vibrations? I don't think I'd mind not having that feature.

Yeah, I feel the same about the aluminum. I'd be getting a crystal case for mine anyways, so should be good.

So I guess I'm getting the P2 =)! Thanks, [HyuNi]

Anythingbutipod.com says there's a speaker, but none of the other sources has said anything about speakers:

It's not a surprise that the Samsung P2 is getting a successor seeing how popular the player is, but so far Samsung has been very quiet. They still are, but GenerationMP3 has gotten their hands on one and has posted a bit of info on it while we wait for the official launch at CES in January.

Size wise it's almost identical to the P2 at 02 x 52.7 x 9.9 mm and 85g, but the player is now aluminum instead of plastic. It has a haptic touch screen, same 3" 272x480 display, Bluetooth and an FM radio. New features include widgets, a mono speaker and capacities ranging from 4 to 32GB. It also ships with some of the enhancement the P2 got rhough firmware updates including support for both Vorbis and FLAC. Battery life is rated at 30 hours for audio and 5 hours for video.

Also, does anyone know if they're gonna be releasing a 8gb white one?

Guest sketchy62

the p3 has way more features, i love the features it brings

but

i hate the look of it.

i liked how the screen was flushes to teh surface on teh p2 and how simple it was.

the p3 lost alot of its simplicity.

Archived